PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis QB Garrett Gilbert...

g$$
12-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Anyone have final stats on him from Friday night's big game vs. Beeville Jones? I know LT won 57-43.

I watched Gilbert play in 7th grade (I have family in Marble Falls). I have not seen him play live since, only highlights. I know he is a top recruit for next year (2009). Most advanced passer/offense I have ever seen in 7th grade. Fun to watch.

Isn't his dad a former back-up in the pros? What's his full name, etc.? Any other notables on that LT team?

LT is producing some good qbs lately. Todd Reesing (Kansas) & now Gilbert in succession.

Thanks for the help.

sahen
12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
hope he has a horrible game and loses to dayton next week ;)

buff4life
12-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Anyone have final stats on him from Friday night's big game vs. Beeville Jones? I know LT won 57-43.

I watched Gilbert play in 7th grade (I have family in Marble Falls). I have not seen him play live since, only highlights. I know he is a top recruit for next year (2009). Most advanced passer/offense I have ever seen in 7th grade. Fun to watch.

Isn't his dad a former back-up in the pros? What's his full name, etc.? Any other notables on that LT team?

LT is producing some good qbs lately. Todd Reesing (Kansas) & now Gilbert in succession.

Thanks for the help.

7 passing TDs and 1 rushing i believe...

Blastoderm55
12-09-2007, 04:05 PM
He had a near record setting team and was a field general in every sense of the term. The kid has the talent to go very far in the game.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 04:17 PM
He is nothing but a system QB :clap: :p

Buccaneer
12-09-2007, 06:53 PM
PASSING Beeville, Soza 12-22-2-306. LT, Gilbert 25-32-0-290.

Blastoderm55
12-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Eric played great, and unlike Gilbert, he played every single down of the game except for the punt and kickoff teams. He was in the entire time as both QB and FS, and made huge plays on both sides of the ball. I sure hope the scouts that were obviously at the game took notice that there were TWO incredibly gifted athletes at QB who did everything they could for their teams. He's got the grades on his side too, as he's supposedly at the top of his 2009 class. I wouldn't be surprised to see those two go at it again this time next year.

SpeedOption
12-10-2007, 11:29 PM
They just might.

g$$
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
So who is Gilbert's dad? Former pro right?

TexasHSFootball
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He is nothing but a system QB :clap: :p
And you want to know who he succeeded?
Kansas QB Todd Reesing ... nothing but a system QB? eh? not so fast.

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$

LHPfactory
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Glad to see our neighbors doing well, but if they face a strong D, they are finished, How is Daytons D?

Yeah, his dad was a pro, LT is building another SLC/WestLake

sahen
12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Glad to see our neighbors doing well, but if they face a strong D, they are finished, How is Daytons D?

Yeah, his dad was a pro, LT is building another SLC/WestLake

Dayton's D is small but fast....very good...their first 4 games did not go that well cause they had not found a quarterback and it hurt their defense since they are so small (got tired probably) and they allowed 67 points....however, they found a quarterback for that 5th game and have gone 10-0 since then w/ 5 of those games being shutouts (1 playoff team, Livingston in the 3rd round 43-0)....they have outscored opponents 407 to 58 in the past 10 games, so i'd say their defense is pretty good, only allowing a little under 6 points per game sicne they found their QB (5.8) while they are scoring 40.7.....

they had their first close game since finding their QB last week and it realy shouldnt have been close (they turned it over twice inside their 20 to give waller 2 touchdowns in a 28-21 game, was 21-0 at half)....before that game no one had been within 3 scores of them since sept when they lost 8-7 to lumberton, which was a playoff team that went 3 round this year and also this was with no quarterback....

here are their scores for the year via the chronicle
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&tpl=Team&Sport=1&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams

they blasted everyone in their district minus lumberton, and that district is one of the stronger 4a districts....also, i just read a chronicle article that says dayton has the state's stingiest scoring defense and they havent allowed a touchdown pass in the playoffs....

Balcones fault
12-12-2007, 11:45 PM
LT just barely beat Vista Ridge, who won 3 whole games this year. They've done a good job of ramping up for the playoffs, and I wish them well as district representative, but I think they are on borrowed time.

sahen
12-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
LT just barely beat Vista Ridge, who won 3 whole games this year. They've done a good job of ramping up for the playoffs, and I wish them well as district representative, but I think they are on borrowed time.

hope you are right...this whole area is amped over dayton's run...

g$$
12-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Thanks for the help.

I looked it up.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/12/07/1207bohls.html

Dad is Gale Gilbert, played at Cal then with Seahawks, Bills, & Chargers. Has 5 AFC Championship rings. 8 year back-up in pros. I vaguely remember the name now. Moved to Central TX & the rest is history. Son Garrett is a 2009 national recruit (& still 16, turns 17 in July). Robert Brewer's (former Texas qb) son is the next qb too (only a freshman currently) after Gilbert leaves.