PDA

View Full Version : China Spring 31 Waco La Vega 28

TexanFan4Life
12-08-2007, 04:50 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trojan37
12-08-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm shocked. Eskew is a heck of a QB.

JJ7997
12-08-2007, 04:57 PM
How does La Vegas speed on D not make a difference ? How did CS Wideouts get wide open every down on a defense full of 4.4 guys ?

TexanFan4Life
12-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Sounds to me like they were taking bad angles all game. There's a lot more to football than speed.

JJ7997
12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Cuero better watch out !

kaorder1999
12-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Thas huge!

lakers
12-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow, that suprised the heck out of me...

Cuero will have there hand full with this team...

Gobbla2001
12-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Cuero better watch out !

as should they... neither of these teams were ranked in the top ten at the end of the regular season and here they are...

Go Gobblers!!!

R4Editor
12-08-2007, 06:24 PM
could there be another upset tonight, we will found out in few hours.

Gobbla2001
12-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
could there be another upset tonight, we will found out in few hours.

if Liberty Hill doesn't score more than 40 that'll be an upset... even if they win...

headhunter
12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
I think cuero matches up better with china springs than la vega
we got pounded on by LH and thats what la vega liked to do. I think we are athletic enough to match up well with CS. I realize reeve had a simple defensive gameplan against LH and didnt blitz much but cuero is not all that big with their linebackers and front 4. It will be an exciting game next week. I love watchig teams that throw the ball.

I guess Bob Shipley opened his trap a little to early last night say he was ready for celina and la vega to be in the finals. I thought it was a pretty sorry high school extra show given they didnt mention anything about the gobblers other than they won. They talked about how good solis was more than anything about the gobblers. And also shipley said la vega would be in the state finals. Heck they hadnt even beat China Springs - Talk about putting wagon in front of the horse.

Oh well WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

I love upsets

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 07:24 PM
wow!

Glen Rose beat China Spring 41-13 this year (granted it was early and they have obviously improved)

Glen Rose was down 56-13 to Celina in the third quarter (just now scored on a fumble recovery, 56-21)

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
wow!

Glen Rose beat China Spring 41-13 this year (granted it was early and they have obviously improved)

Glen Rose was down 56-13 to Celina in the third quarter (just now scored on a fumble recovery, 56-21) Facts off as I mentioned in the other thread.

CS beat GR by that score

CS only loss was to La Vega in district.

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Facts off as I mentioned in the other thread.

CS beat GR by that score

CS only loss was to La Vega in district.

oops i assumed the announcers were correct

ProudHornetMom
12-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I'll preface this by saying that today is the first time I've seen either team play and I recognize that my team lost in the second round of playoffs...so not criticism...just some observations on the game. :)

La Vega had spurts of impressive big plays including a 67 yard pass for a touchdown...only to turn around the next play and not block. Actually both their offensive and defensive line seemed sluggish most of the time. It seems they tend to pout when things aren't going well. There were many thrown helmets and much walking off and on the field when the team should be have been rallying. With less than 2 minutes left in the game, China Springs kicked off and no La Vega player went for the ball...China Springs recovered their own kick off on about the 35 yard line.

China Springs had a good 4th quarter when their pass game connected well. They were able to collect on LV mistakes and really rallied. One of their players was injured early in the 3rd quarter. It was disconcerning to see the player's father run onto the field and pass the head coach who did not look at the father but kept looking at his play sheet. It happened twice. The La Vega coaches seemed to show more concern when the student was taken to the ambulance. The China Springs coach would chew, I mean motivate players...but several of the players talked back to the coaches while or after being chewed, I mean motivated. I'm not accustomed to players talking back to coaches. :eek:

Neither team seemed disciplined in play execution but both teams did have some razzle dazzel moments. Both teams did wear out with so many players going both ways and China Springs seemed really banged up by the end of the game. Three or four China Springs players lost helmets while playing. It was hard to tell if there was equipment problems or LV was ripping helmets off the players.

It was an interesting game. I hope the China Springs player is OK. Please keep us posted on his injury.

marlin fan
12-08-2007, 08:02 PM
How were the bands???

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 08:03 PM
CS wrecked on La Vega, B

marlin fan
12-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
CS wrecked on La Vega, B
i wish i could have went i wanted to hear La vegas fight song and China Springs school and fight song since they have the same school song as marlin lol

buff4ever
12-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
i wish i could have went i wanted to hear La vegas fight song and China Springs school and fight song since they have the same school song as marlin lol

Dude, are you serious. We are talking quarterfinals in the playoffs and this is what you have to contribute?