PDA

View Full Version : Can Snyder outlast Celina next week?

TexanFan4Life
12-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Celina's going to destroy Glen Rose Saturday, so don't even bring up the fact that Celina still has a game tomorrow. lol

Anyone besides Snyder fans think Snyder will win?

Adidas410s
12-08-2007, 01:44 AM
if Snyder can spread the field vertically and get Celina to go away from their 10-1 defense...then they have a chance. However...being one-dimensional won't get it done IMO. I've been wrong before though...

Daddy D 11
12-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Liberty Hill was one dimensional last year and beat em.

but that was with a misdirection offense, both teams are great, but i think Celina wins by 2 TDS.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-08-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm going with my Tigers by 1 Touchdown

DUKE22
12-08-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I'm going with my Tigers by 1 Touchdown Hey you are starting to make some sense now I was expecting another 48 to 6 or no wait 49 to 12 nope changed my mind 45 to 2 LOL jk man.:) ;) ;)

kepdawg
12-08-2007, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
if Snyder can spread the field vertically and get Celina to go away from their 10-1 defense...then they have a chance. However...being one-dimensional won't get it done IMO. I've been wrong before though...

What's this 10-1 you speak of? :thinking:

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 03:28 AM
47-7 Celina

Who-dun-it!!?
12-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
47-7 Celina

NOT!!!

I'll Agree that Snyder beating Celina will be a hugh upset, but you really don't think we'll be held to 7 do you?

Stranger things have happened ya know ie.. Abilen 22- SLC 21.

Vernon was supposed to hold us to 14 or 16. Didn't happen. I say "IF" Snyder holds Celina to 21 or less, we win.

47-7? Are they really that good?

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
NOT!!!

I'll Agree that Snyder beating Celina will be a hugh upset, but you really don't think we'll be held to 7 do you?

Vernon was supposed to hold us to 14 or 16. Didn't happen. I say "IF" Snyder holds Celina to 21 or less, we win.

47-7? Are they really that good? Fine you talked me into it 47-17 :D

From what I understand Celina is much better all around this year than last.

Tiger Baseball
12-08-2007, 03:37 AM
NOT!!!

No! Its just Casey :thumbsup:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Fine you talked me into it 47-17 :D

Your Fired!@!

block&tackle
12-08-2007, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Liberty Hill was one dimensional last year and beat em.

but that was with a misdirection offense, both teams are great, but i think Celina wins by 2 TDS.
Celina held LH to 22 and LH was the best offense in the state.
Plus, the Celina O is averaging almost 100 yards/game more than is was last year (just under 500). 22 points wouldn't do it this year IMO.

And I hope you were being sarcastic when you said that LH was "one-demensional". Sure, you have no passing game but an offense where nobody knows who has the ball half the time and has a 2000 yd rusher and 1000 yd rusher is not one-dimensional.

bobcat1
12-08-2007, 07:49 AM
IF we beat Glen Rose today, I get to shake the hand of Da Hop!:clap: :clap: :clap: Should be a tough game today and real test next week if we get there. I wonder if there will be any yeller and black people at Northwest Stadium today?:thinking:

lostaussie
12-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Celina's going to destroy Glen Rose Saturday, so don't even bring up the fact that Celina still has a game tomorrow. lol

Anyone besides Snyder fans think Snyder will win?

NO. i am all for an underdog, but this ain't gonna happen.

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 08:35 AM
NOT!!!

We rolled up 656 yards of O last week with 489 on the ground and 117 in the air. The air numbers are light because we could basically run thru them. Our D is giving up only about 140 yards a game on average or about 9 points a game this season. IN the playoffs that number is down to 8 points a game and we are averaging in the playoffs so far 46 points scored. With the second string playing the last quarter of the games.

DaHop72
12-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
IF we beat Glen Rose today, I get to shake the hand of Da Hop!:clap: :clap: :clap: Should be a tough game today and real test next week if we get there. I wonder if there will be any yeller and black people at Northwest Stadium today?:thinking: I told Ranger Mom the same thing last night.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaHop72
12-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
We rolled up 656 yards of O last week with 489 on the ground and 117 in the air. The air numbers are light because we could basically run thru them. Our D is giving up only about 140 yards a game on average or about 9 points a game this season. IN the playoffs that number is down to 8 points a game and we are averaging in the playoffs so far 46 points scored. With the second string playing the last quarter of the games. We all know you are about stats BILLYFRED and I'm not because I've seen a many a game lost with the losing team having huge stats so I will throw one out and then leave it alone. Celina's play-off opponents combined records 24-17, Snyder's opponents records 31-9.

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
We all know you are about stats BILLYFRED and I'm not because I've seen a many a game lost with the losing team having huge stats so I will throw one out and then leave it alone. Celina's play-off opponents combined records 24-17, Snyder's opponents records 31-9.

Yes, our opponents play in much tougher schedules . Pittsburg for example lost to Texas LE, Royse City, Pleasant Grove, and Carthage. All teams that made the playoffs and played well.
All tough teams. So I don't worry too much about won loss totals. If anybody played all those teams they would have similar records. Our first two opponents would be much closer to Monahans etc where they played weaker teams and still did not fair well. Glen Rose plays in the same District that West did and barely got by West. But Pittsburg played a real schedule and tough teams.

DaHop72
12-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, our opponents play in much tougher region and districts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Pardon me, I forgot that Region II is the strongest most powerful region in the state of Texas. Carry on.

Tiger Baseball
12-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Yes, our opponents play in much tougher region and districts.

Name one good opponent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lakers
12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Assuming that Celina does win, where will this game be played???

Shotwell???

Graham???

Brownwood???

Tiger Baseball
12-08-2007, 09:51 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Pardon me, I forgot that Region II is the strongest most powerful region in the state of Texas. Carry on.

Like the sig Like the sig babe! :D

Tiger Baseball
12-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by lakers
Assuming that Celina does win, where will this game be played???

Shotwell???

Graham???

Brownwood???

Shotwell 4:00 pm Saturday. For real!

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 09:53 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Pardon me, I forgot that Region II is the strongest most powerful region in the state of Texas. Carry on.

No that would be region 3. I edited out the tougher region because the top teams from 1 compare favorably with most of 2. TLE, Royse City etc could beat most teams in 1 and they are already done. Pittsburg is much like Snyder with a top 20 O and an above average D. So like I said Pittsburg played a tougher schedule than most in region 1 and did very well.

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball

I love shotwell. Went to school at ACU when Wilbur Montgomery and Darrell Green were in college and got to see them play before they went pro. ACU won the NAIA national title in 77 with Wilbur mowin them down.

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 09:58 AM

one good opponent for who or what?

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Assuming we win today, Snyder will be the toughest test yet as it should be for the Semis. I just hope the elements do not dictate the game so we can see two good teams doing what they do best. Shotwell can be a treacherous place to play if that north wind is a howling.

Tiger Baseball
12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
one good opponent for who or what? Answer a question with a question. Good job! :clap: :clap::D

lion75
12-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I've seen Celina play twice this year and Snyder last night. Offensively, there is almost no way to stop either team from getting 10 yards in 4 plays. Both teams score every time they get the ball unless they turn it over. Celina has nobody on offense as good as Will Clay. Nobody. Whatever you've read about him, believe it. Snyder has no defensive players even close to as good as Lavey. He's a beast that I expect to be playing in the NFL. He started at MLB as a freshman and has improved a lot into his soph. year and he could be the difference in the game. They also have (Penn State signee) Lynn at safety. I was also more impressed with Snyders QB Day than Celina's. He is as slippery as anybody I've seen. You think you have him down and then just like that he's wiggled through 2 more players for 4 more yards and you are just pulling your dam hair out. Snyders O-line is also huge. I heard the Argyle coaches had said that they felt that they had to score on every possession to beat Snyder. From the first play I felt the same way. This could be decided by a turnover or a penalty. I'm giving a slight edge to Celina because of their MLB Lavey. But I'm a Reg. 1 guy and have to pull for Snyder. Go Tigers.

lakers
12-08-2007, 10:14 AM

OMG that is freakin awesome, I can actually go to this one. My last final is on Wednesday (which means I finally get to go home) and it just so happens that I live only 15 minutes away from Shotwell..... WOOHOO!!!

Ranger Mom
12-08-2007, 10:23 AM
This is killing me!!

Unless something unexpected happens, I am going to watch LH in the State game that day!!

This will be the only time this season I will have been able to see them!

Snyder needs to take care of business so I can watch them again the next weekend!!:D

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by lion75
I've seen Celina play twice this year and Snyder last night. Offensively, there is almost no way to stop either team from getting 10 yards in 4 plays. Both teams score every time they get the ball unless they turn it over. Celina has nobody on offense as good as Will Clay. Nobody. Whatever you've read about him, believe it. Snyder has no defensive players even close to as good as Lavey. He's a beast that I expect to be playing in the NFL. He started at MLB as a freshman and has improved a lot into his soph. year and he could be the difference in the game. They also have (Penn State signee) Lynn at safety. I was also more impressed with Snyders QB Day than Celina's. He is as slippery as anybody I've seen. You think you have him down and then just like that he's wiggled through 2 more players for 4 more yards and you are just pulling your dam hair out. Snyders O-line is also huge. I heard the Argyle coaches had said that they felt that they had to score on every possession to beat Snyder. From the first play I felt the same way. This could be decided by a turnover or a penalty. I'm giving a slight edge to Celina because of their MLB Lavey. But I'm a Reg. 1 guy and have to pull for Snyder. Go Tigers.

At this point that is a fair assessment. I have not seen any film of Snyder yet. I think it will come down to the best defense on the field. The D that gets that extra stop wins. I think Celina's D has the advantage in that matchup. We also have Troy on the line and number 23 the biggest little man on the field.
But we have to win today first. And I hope get out without any injuries.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by lion75

Wow, well said big guy. I appreciate the confidence you have in our team. All I've heard about Celina is just Celina. Thats been enough said for the last few years. This will be Snyder's biggest test this year. I hope Snyder can be as big a test for Celina as well.

block&tackle
12-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Frisco Wakeland - ask Argyle how they compare to Snyder.

The best team that we played all year was Argyle Liberty Christian though.

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Frisco Wakeland - ask Argyle how they compare to Snyder.

The best team that we played all year was Argyle Liberty Christian though.

Yeah they(alc) were good. I think they would have made the region finals in 2 or 1 unless they had to play snyder or us.

pirate4state
12-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This is killing me!!

Unless something unexpected happens, I am going to watch LH in the State game that day!!

This will be the only time this season I will have been able to see them!

Snyder needs to take care of business so I can watch them again the next weekend!!:D

I'm right there with you! I'd love to see Snyder vs. Celina and Cuero vs. La Vega and Gilmer/Liberty Hill. I just KNOW they will all be playing on the same day! :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

oh and lion75 --- great post! thanks!! i like these type of posts, they are easier for me to read than a bunch of #s. ;)

Ranger Mom
12-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm right there with you! I'd love to see Snyder vs. Celina and Cuero vs. La Vega and Gilmer/Liberty Hill. I just KNOW they will all be playing on the same day! :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

oh and lion75 --- great post! thanks!! i like these type of posts, they are easier for me to read than a bunch of #s. ;)

I think they should just have all 3 back to back at Shotwell...what do you think??

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2007, 10:55 AM

Aren't those all great matchups and games. Ya gotta love 3a football.

pirate4state
12-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think they should just have all 3 back to back at Shotwell...what do you think?? Or all in Waco!!!! ;) Except that might not be cool for Cuero playing La Vega in their backyard. Eh, it won't matter! Gobblers gonna show MODOC what's up!! :devil:

pirate4state
12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Aren't those all great matchups and games. Ya gotta love 3a football. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And if I wanna see another game today I need to get going! See some of you later on today at Birdville!! :)

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Or all in Waco!!!! ;) Except that might not be cool for Cuero playing La Vega in their backyard. Eh, it won't matter! Gobblers gonna show MODOC what's up!! :devil:
Waco sounds good to me! I think there would be enough LH folks there to help out with overcoming the "backyard" thingy. :devil:

Snydertigersrul
12-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Fine you talked me into it 47-17 :D

Don't pay attention, it's Rockdumb. Snyder's run game will keep rollling. Tigers win by two touchdowns.

dogdad
12-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Snyder wins by 2 TDs?
Oh I think they will win by more than that
I mean, this is Snyder

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Or all in Waco!!!! ;) Except that might not be cool for Cuero playing La Vega in their backyard. Eh, it won't matter! Gobblers gonna show MODOC what's up!! :devil: Ya right.

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Don't pay attention, it's Rockdumb. Snyder's run game will keep rollling. Tigers win by two touchdowns. Wow you must of made straight A's in your fine arts class with all this creativity you have.

Snydertigersrul
12-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Snyder wins by 2 TDs?
Oh I think they will win by more than that
I mean, this is Snyder

By the way, when does Royce City play this weekend?

:D

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
By the way, when does Royce City play this weekend?

:D

What are you thinking?:doh:

The guy picks your team to win and you take a shot at him?:rolleyes:

dogdad
12-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Im just glad we didnt have to play Snider this year

DaHop72
12-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What are you thinking?:doh:

The guy picks your team to win and you take a shot at him?:rolleyes: Reread it Red, it's dripping with sarcasm.:rolleyes: