PDA

View Full Version : Cuero webcast...

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 08:31 PM
why is the feed always HORRIBLE? horrible audio, sounds like the two guys are sittin in a coffee can calling the game....keeps cutting in and out....UGH!! I'm gonna listen to the Refugio game. I can't stomach anymore of this.

greenpride
12-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Do you have a Sonic in Needville...............go!

TexanFan4Life
12-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
Do you have a Sonic in Needville...............go!

What's the deal with Sonic?

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Do you have a Sonic in Needville...............go! :confused: what the hell does that have to do w/ the fact that Cuero's web feed sucks rat turds? I mean...at least ya'll have one, but ....come on...it's not hard to clean the audio quality up. :clap:

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
What's the deal with Sonic? really, LOL. No Sonic, but we've got a Texas Burger....which is much better in my opinion anyway. :)

(note to self....people from Cuero and that general part of TX probably don't know what a Texas Burger is) :thinking:

KingRob
12-07-2007, 08:41 PM
I remember asking my dad to send over the Victoria Advocate after the games way back 5 yrs ago. I'm happy with what I have. Then again, I do live in Germany!:)

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I remember asking my dad to send over the Victoria Advocate after the games way back 5 yrs ago. I'm happy with what I have. Then again, I do live in Germany!:) LOL...I hear that! I can remember being on the opposite side of the world from football and relying on the internet. I listed to a Super Bowl on the internet a handful of years ago in Kuwait. As I said before....at least yall HAVE a dedicated webcast. Just wish they'd turn a dial or two and make it an "enjoyable" experience for us non-die hard Gobbler fans who are just curious.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2007, 08:47 PM
nm

KingRob
12-07-2007, 08:47 PM
You're right. After all these games, you would think they would have a better reception. But I think last time they apologized for it. Something about their cell phone reception? Still, thanks to gobblersports.com.!!:)

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 08:49 PM
You're right. After all these games, you would think they would have a better reception. But I think last time they apologized for it. Something about their cell phone reception? Still, thanks to gobblersports.com.!!:) oh yeah..thats right..I had forgotten they're streaming via a cell phone. That would have alot to do w/ it.

greenpride
12-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
What's the deal with Sonic?

It means go find something else to do........we all know the reception is bad......

greenpride
12-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
really, LOL. No Sonic, but we've got a Texas Burger....which is much better in my opinion anyway. :)

(note to self....people from Cuero and that general part of TX probably don't know what a Texas Burger is) :thinking:

We might not know what a Texas Burger is (I do, I live in Bryan and it is good stuff), but we know what good football is all about..................

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 08:55 PM
We might not know what a Texas Burger is (I do, I live in Bryan and it is good stuff), but we know what good football is all about.................. have I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry. Cuero football is good football...but it doesn't change the fact that that feed sounds horrible. It's a fact...sorry...again...didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was not attacking your town or your team. I have spend MUCH time in the Cuero area over the years. Nice place.

greenpride
12-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
have I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry. Cuero football is good football...but it doesn't change the fact that that feed sounds horrible. It's a fact...sorry...again...didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I was not attacking your town or your team. I have spend MUCH time in the Cuero area over the years. Nice place.

You did not hurt my feelings...I would love to hear this in High Def, but what can you expect ........I am just glad I am able to listen since I live 3 hours away.

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 09:04 PM
You did not hurt my feelings...I would love to hear this in High Def, but what can you expect ........I am just glad I am able to listen since I live 3 hours away. I'm not trying to be ugly, and def. do not expect HD type quality...but I listen to HS Football webcasts all the time...and this one is consistently.....by FAR the worst....and as stated..it is due to being fed back to the transmitters via cell phone. Had forgotten that fact. But....I digress.....you guys are right as well...at least you have one...I would love to be able to listen to EITHER of my teams when I can't be there. Must be nice.

KingRob
12-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Not only that, but you can go to gobblersports.com and listen to past games. I think this is a great feature. I put it on when I'm doing paperwork in my office (my space in the house!)

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Not only that, but you can go to gobblersports.com and listen to past games. I think this is a great feature. I put it on when I'm doing paperwork in my office (my space in the house!) yeah...game archives are an awesome thing!

KingRob
12-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Some of the broadcasts are really clear. I wonder if the press box has something to do with it?:thinking:

greenpride
12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I know it would be a ways for Cuero to drive, but I hope for a Cuero - LaVega/China Spring game at Kyle Field...........would be and awesome place for the teams to play!

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Some of the broadcasts are really clear. I wonder if the press box has something to do with it?:thinking: being relayed via cell phone plays a big part...reception at said stadium....quality of phone being used....data rate said phone is capable of passing data at....this will also be affected by signal strength /reception and the network itself in that area....if they have a radio on in the booth tuned to the radio channel that is broadcasting the game...that can cause the coffee can effect all by itself...blah blah blah...many factors that come into play.

PS...I'm a telecom guy...can ya tell? LOL.

KingRob
12-07-2007, 09:13 PM
You're making my brain hurt, and it's late over here!!

Can you imagine what could come our way in the years to come. We could all be watching it live! Can't wait! I mean live without paying for it!!:D

IHStangFan
12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
You're making my brain hurt, and it's late over here!!

Can you imagine what could come our way in the years to come. We could all be watching it live! Can't wait! I mean live without paying for it!!:D LOL...yeah...I like where we're headed. It was just a few years ago that I had to rely on the news papers (as you stated) to see how the game had went.