PDA

View Full Version : OH MY in Navasota...

Milk That Cow
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
It looks like Larry Fedora(OC at Okie State) is about to take the Head Coaching Job at Southern Miss, and that means a 99% chance his brother Lee Fedora(HC at Navasota) is heading east with him...

Expect to hear for sure this weekend..

TexanFan4Life
12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Coaching changes can be good things sometimes.

Panther One
12-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I wasn't impressed much with Navasota's offense anyway. I think they could get more out of their talent...

navscanmaster
12-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Bright side is if Fedora goes, that defensive coordinator of his won't be far behind. I think we would be much more suited to running out of the I formation next year anyhow. Pratt is even deadlier when he has a lead blocker. But I am like many Navasota fans in that we could care less how many points the Rattlers put up next year, its the defense we are ready to see.

TexanFan4Life
12-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Bright side is if Fedora goes, that defensive coordinator of his won't be far behind. I think we would be much more suited to running out of the I formation next year anyhow. Pratt is even deadlier when he has a lead blocker. But I am like many Navasota fans in that we could care less how many points the Rattlers put up next year, its the defense we are ready to see.

You guys need someone who will make Pratt an even bigger part of the offense if in fact Fedora decides to go with his brother to Southern Miss.

I'm not too familiar with any of your guys on defense. Are you guys returning any starters?

navscanmaster
12-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
You guys need someone who will make Pratt an even bigger part of the offense if in fact Fedora decides to go with his brother to Southern Miss.

I'm not too familiar with any of your guys on defense. Are you guys returning any starters?

DE - Lino Byrd - Jr.
DT - Williams (there are two of them, not sure which it is)
FS - Kye Hildreth - Soph.
DB - Thomas Sweed - Soph.
DB - Brandall Jackson - Jr. (best WR, so may or may not get playing time on D)
LB - Dexter Pratt (unquestionably the best LB, but only saw limited PT on D)

navscanmaster
12-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Scout.com reporting that he took the job. So we'll just have to wait and see.

UPanIN
12-07-2007, 05:09 PM
If he does take it I hope it's sooner than later. Gives Navasota time to find a good coach if he goes sooner. If he stays that's okay with me too.

HEMOTOXIC
12-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Navscanmaster hit it right on the head. The defense is Navasota's weak link. Not sure if this would be good for Navasota however. NHS has gone through so many coaches over the years. I would hate for a new coach to come in and the team takes all season to learn the new offense and defense. Either way, I think that it was probably a matter of time for Fedora being in Navasota. Not trying to rush him off by no means, but it has been understood that he is/was looking to get back to his Alma Mater (A&M Consolidated). With the opportunity to go to the college level, I don't think that anyone would pass up that opportunity.

Good luck to Coach Fedora and the Rattlers.