PDA

View Full Version : Your predictions

Tarpon Power
08-23-2002, 09:01 AM
What are your predictions for this years close-game matches?
mine:
Port Isabel 21 Rio Hondo 20
Port Isabel 28 Falfurrias 27

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-23-2002, 09:56 AM
Geez.......Tarpons everywhere! I LOVE IT!!!

Here are my predictions.

Port Isabel 10 Rio Hondo 7
Port Isabel 27 Falfurrias 21

And i'm even going to throw a few more games into it.......

Port Isabel 34
Los Fresnos 28 OVERTIME

PSJA Memorial 14
Port Isabel 20

La Feria 10
Port Isabel 20

Port Isabel 42
Raymondville 14 (paybacks are a B&@CH)

SintonFan
08-23-2002, 11:20 AM
This year Raymondville gets to play Sinton in week zero. Gives yall a chance to see how good they are. I think the game might be a little closer than some think. They kicked Sinton out of the playoffs a few years ago. Also they seem to do good one year and bad the next. I think they (Raymondville) were in that "yo-yo" article in DCTF.

Big Tarp 74
08-23-2002, 11:35 AM
Please, dont' hurt them to bad! Ha! Ha!. Your are going to murder them. Raymonville will be get licence plate number off run aways back and receiver all night. Just return them at least with a little bit of dignity! Score Sinton 73 Raymonville 0

Originally posted by SintonFan:
This year Raymondville gets to play Sinton in week zero. Gives yall a chance to see how good they are. I think the game might be a little closer than some think. They kicked Sinton out of the playoffs a few years ago. Also they seem to do good one year and bad the next. I think they (Raymondville) were in that "yo-yo" article in DCTF.

SintonFan
08-23-2002, 11:43 AM
I respectfully disagree with you Big Tarp 74. Sometimes Sinton starts slow and we have a new coach. I hope they won't have GP on their minds, too. This game will probably be alot closer than you think. LOL... but I like that attitude!

Big Tarp 74
08-23-2002, 11:54 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
Here are my predictions

Port Isabel 7
Rio Hondo 7 ( Tie Breaker PI )

Port Isabel 14
Falfurrias 14 ( Tie Breaker PI )

Port Isabel 0
Los Fresnos 40

Port Isabel 14
PSJA Memorial 14 ( Tie Breaker Memorial )

Port Isabel 21
La Feria 14

Port Isabel 14
Lyford 13

Port Isabel 14
Progesso 7

Port Isabel 21
Raymondville 14

Reason for my scoring this way. We lack the number to stay with 4A schools. We have a great group of ball players. The problem will be in big schools such as Los Fresnos, they just have to many player to wear us down. The same for PSJA Memorial. Most of the games will be close, and could go either way. One thing for sure, PI does have speed. I saw it against EE. PI has jets, and if they get behind you, it will be very tough to catch them. The Line Backers are young, but are very very fast. They will hit you as EE found out.

Big Tarp 74
08-23-2002, 12:06 PM
I understand. Raymonville, beat us last year, and we let them back into the game. They were hit hard by ball player graduating. This year PI is young as well with very few ball players. They have tremendous speed. I have been somewhat hard on judging our players as well as the rest of our district. I do not mean to. If what I saw against EE holds up, PI could be very dangerous. You would not want to get them on to astroturf. I noticed that PI realy came to life againt San Deigo last year. San Deigo played PI on astroturf. This was a big mistake, PI speed just flew pass San Deigo. I guess what has had me so worried about our district, is the lack of ball players. Injures or grades hit you, your gone. With most of this district playing 4A, it can take it toll. Last week we got ruffed up, but then so did EE. The difference is EE had twice as many players.

I respectfully disagree with you Big Tarp 74. Sometimes Sinton starts slow and we have a new coach. I hope they won't have GP on their minds, too. This game will probably be alot closer than you think. LOL... but I like that attitude!

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited August 23, 2002).]

SintonFan
08-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:
I understand. Raymonville, beat us last year, and we let them back into the game. They were hit hard by ball player graduating. This year PI is young as well with very few ball players. They have tremendous speed. I have been somewhat hard on judging our players as well as the rest of our district. I do not mean to. If what I saw against EE holds up, PI could be very dangerous. You would not want to get them on to astroturf. I noticed that PI realy came to life againt San Deigo last year. San Deigo played PI on astroturf. This was a big mistake, PI speed just flew pass San Deigo. I guess what has had me so worried about our district, is the lack of ball players. Injures or grades hit you, your gone. With most of this district playing 4A, it can take it toll. Last week we got ruffed up, but then so did EE. The difference is EE had twice as many players.

Well San Diego isn't known for top quality football anyway. Ask anyone from this area. About Raymondville, when I've seen them, they seem to have a good mix of size and speed. Are they not almost a 4-A too? They dropped down to 3-A not long ago, right?

footballgal
08-23-2002, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:

Well San Diego isn't known for top quality football anyway. Ask anyone from this area. About Raymondville, when I've seen them, they seem to have a good mix of size and speed. Are they not almost a 4-A too? They dropped down to 3-A not long ago, right?

Raymondville is the team in our district that really concerns me more than even Rio Hondo or La Feria. Your right SintonFan, year in year out they always have a good mix of speed and size. They have an excellent track program also year in year out. And yes they came down from 4A and did well in district there also. I don't know why it is that Raymondville won't win district every year, they certainly have had great athletes, maybe it's they can't gel as a team or maybe they lack a good coach. I recall when they did have a good Coach in Coach Hite they did very well and all of the talent showed. Because of the big enrollment they do have players to choose from, and get quality players. We'll just have to see how they play against Sinton, just by playing you guys will be a incentive, I would really like to go to this game to see Sinton and of course check out Raymondville and see how much talent they have this year. I too think this will not be a blow out. By the way where is this game being played? Even if it's in Sinton I will probably make the trip for the above mentioned reasons, besides PI doesn't play in week 0 and I should take advantage and go watch Sinton play.

SintonFan
08-23-2002, 03:43 PM
The game will be in Sinton on Aug. 30 (week zero). They should start at 7:30. You will probably have to sit on the visitors side since the Sinton side has sold out the last couple of years. (luckily my dad has season tickets) In fact, sometimes there's almost as many people standing as sitting. But that's because Sinton doesn't have a large stadium. I hope you can make it!

Big Tarp 74
08-24-2002, 01:38 PM
footballgal, maybe, I am being hard. I know that Raymondville is a good ball club year in, and year out. I beleive they were hit hard by graduation. Sinton, seem to have a real good ball club. I just feel that Sinton will be able to run, and throw all night. I am just remembering what Sinton did to La Feria last year, and what La Feria did to Raymondville last year. I did not say Raymondville would not try to stop them. Just not quite sure what talent they have comming back, to deal with Sinton. Last year PI jumped all over Raymondville, just to let them right back into the game later. Anything can happen, but I give the odds to Sinton. I mean no disrespect to the Raymondville players either. They have had some great ball player come out of there. I wish both teams luck, and hope that no injures occure.