PDA

View Full Version : congratulations pleasanton eagles

firstcat
12-06-2007, 05:24 PM
They are the "3A Team of the Week" for the Austin American Statesman...go figure....the only mention we got was "...will play Liberty Hill in the State Semi-Final game this Saturday...".

Phil C
12-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Back in 1962 Pleasanton had one of the best teams in the state in 2A football.

Runnin Panther
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Here is another tribute to Pleasanton

http://www.pleasantonexpress.com/display.asp?story_id=2667&story_type=sports

SPORTS INSIGHT:Leaving it all out on the field

Daniel Elizondo, Sports Editor - Wednesday, December 05, 2007
At the start of two-a-days football practice back in August, the Pleasanton Eagles varsity and their coaches met for the first time in team meetings to discuss the upcoming season.

There was only one thought going through each and every one’s mind. Winning Region IV and playing in December for state.

Today, this very team is doing exactly what they have set out to do. Nothing less than a regional finals title would be accepted.

That heart and desire to be the best in the region got this team what they’ve been wanting. A win over Gonzales last Saturday to claim a region title. What’s even more startling, these 2007 Eagles aren’t done yet.

Pleasanton football earned the school’s first ever state semifinals appearance and the program became the first sport to reach the regional finals in two years surpassing the 1992 regional finalists volleyball team under Neva (Ray) Beeter, the 1985-86 regional finalists girls basketball team under Steve Sparks and the 1990 regional finalists baseball team under Larry Czeszewski.

The Eagles know that their toughest opponents, the Liberty Hill Panthers, sit and wait for the matchup at the climate controlled Alamodome on Saturday at 8 p.m.

The odds may be for the Panthers, but the heart and soul lies within the Eagles desire to go even further.

Few words describe this 2007 team. Tough, gutsy and desire seem to fit perfect.

Like Pleasanton Head Coach Tab Dumont told his team following their 16-13 overtime victory over Gonzales on Saturday evening, “You never quit and you never gave up. You left it all out on the field. All the time that’s all we ever talk about is just leave it on the field and let it happen.

And you know what? You did that tonight. I could see it in your eyes at halftime, you weren’t ready to quit and you didn’t. And for that, I’m proud of you. So now, there are only four left – and you’re one of them!”

Dumont couldn’t have said it any better. It was the perfect assessment of the game and a true assessment of what this team is all about.

Their dedication to Pleasanton football is more than just playing the game. Practicing after school and committing to the sport for years is what has made this dream come to fruition. From 7-on-7 flag during the summer to two-a-days, their hard work and commitment built a champion. And these Eagles are champions.

Dumont knows that this team is not done yet. To them, Liberty Hill is just another opponent. And like they have said all year long, “they’re standing in the way of our dream.”

Saturday at the dome will be a loud and raucous crowd. A green wave of cheers and love for these Eagles. They have been the catalyst in this ride in the playoffs.

“I cannot say enough about our fans,” said Dumont. “I have never felt or seen anything like that. We’ve always had good fans, but Saturday was just unbelievable. They played a vital, vital roll in this game.”

Pleasanton will again feed off of the fans. Record crowds have been in attendance and Saturday should be no different. After all, it’s football and it is the best team in Pleasanton history.

These Eagles aren’t done yet. The look in their eyes tell it all. Is this team satisfied and ready to give up? Just like Dumont says, it’s time to leave it all out on the field – once again!

Community Pep Rally
There will be a Pleasanton Community Pep Rally and Send-Off for the Pleasanton Eagles in downtown Pleasanton at town square on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. before the team departs to San Antonio.
The cheerleaders, pacesetters and band will perform along with guest speakers.

Runnin Panther
12-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
They are the "3A Team of the Week" for the Austin American Statesman...go figure....the only mention we got was "...will play Liberty Hill in the State Semi-Final game this Saturday...".

I looked in the Austin American Statesman and couldn't find this. Where is this located?

alaskacat
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I hate to break it to the Eagles but they are in a true edited for content....lhpm (this is getting old) storm come Saturday...

.Liberty hill will be more than just an obstacle standing in their way...It will be an immovable object with big feet that will squash them like a bug.:)

Panther One
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I looked in the Austin American Statesman and couldn't find this. Where is this located?
Pleasanton was named the Army Strong Team of the Week for class 3A. Here's a link to the San Antonio Express article. I'm sure that's the same thing the Statesman had.

http://www.sagametime.com/web/district.html?site=default&tpl=url&url=http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hssports/stories/MYSA120507.PleasantonBrief.en.6b554d20.html

Runnin Panther
12-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Pleasanton was named the Army Strong Team of the Week for class 3A. Here's a link to the San Antonio Express article. I'm sure that's the same thing the Statesman had.

http://www.sagametime.com/web/district.html?site=default&tpl=url&url=http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hssports/stories/MYSA120507.PleasantonBrief.en.6b554d20.html

Thanks

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 06:07 PM
about time the eagles get some respect they will get plenty come saturday when they beat the hill out of the panthers

Maroon87
12-06-2007, 07:16 PM
It's good to see Pleasanton getting deep in the playoffs. When they were 4A we used to play them in the first couple rounds and would usually beat them pretty handily.

I don't think they'll beat LH but it's nice to see them get a regional title at least.

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It's good to see Pleasanton getting deep in the playoffs. When they were 4A we used to play them in the first couple rounds and would usually beat them pretty handily.

I don't think they'll beat LH but it's nice to see them get a regional title at least.
Jeff, you're out of your mind.

"Daddy" Niko and his boys by a lot.

JJ7997
12-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Here is a letter I would like to address to LH :

Dear Coach Vance and the Panthers from Liberty Hill, Do not whatsoever show any mercy to Pleasonton. When you find yourselves ahead to the tune of 42 to nothing at halftime, remember how you are the defending champs and that all upstarts like Pleasonton should be squashed ruthlessly. Do not hesitate to hang 70 on them.
Sincerely,
Anonymous Fan

JJ7997
12-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
about time the eagles get some respect they will get plenty come saturday when they beat the hill out of the panthers

Seriously, put the doobie down ! :crazy: :smoker:

OldBison75
12-06-2007, 11:47 PM
OH WELL--THE TOUCH OF SURE DOOM HAS BEEN NOW BESTOWED ON THE EAGLES. ON THE WEEK BEFORE THE NAVASOTA AND LIBERTY HILL-NAVASOTA WAS NAMED THE ARMY STRONG TEAM OF THE WEEK. AND WE ALL KNOW THAT NOTHING LOOKED VERY STRONG IN THE NAVASOTA GAMEPLAN.

EVEN MORE DISTURBING IS THAT THE ARMY HAS NOW CHOSEN TWO TEAMS IN A ROW THAT HAVE TO FACE LIBERTY HILL. SEEMS THAT THEY MIGHT BE THE FINAL JINX ON THE EAGLES.

Runnin Panther
12-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
OH WELL--THE TOUCH OF SURE DOOM HAS BEEN NOW BESTOWED ON THE EAGLES. ON THE WEEK BEFORE THE NAVASOTA AND LIBERTY HILL-NAVASOTA WAS NAMED THE ARMY STRONG TEAM OF THE WEEK. AND WE ALL KNOW THAT NOTHING LOOKED VERY STRONG IN THE NAVASOTA GAMEPLAN.

EVEN MORE DISTURBING IS THAT THE ARMY HAS NOW CHOSEN TWO TEAMS IN A ROW THAT HAVE TO FACE LIBERTY HILL. SEEMS THAT THEY MIGHT BE THE FINAL JINX ON THE EAGLES.

If that’s the case then I hope Gilmer or Wylie is named Army Strong Team of the Week, next week.

Daddy D 11
12-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Dear Coach Vance and the Panthers from Liberty Hill, Do not whatsoever show any mercy to Pleasonton. When you find yourselves ahead to the tune of 42 to nothing at halftime, remember how you are the defending champs and that all upstarts like Pleasonton should be squashed ruthlessly. Do not hesitate to hang 70 on them.

i absolutly love the way you think :inlove:

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
If that’s the case then I hope Gilmer or Wylie is named Army Strong Team of the Week, next week.
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Daddy D 11
12-07-2007, 10:10 AM
it doesnt matter what they are named :devil:

RattlerDude
12-07-2007, 10:12 AM
If everything went down like it said in the article then that is freaking cool. However, the article only mentioned Liberty Hill as another opponent. PEOPLE OF PLEASANTON, DON'T BELIEVE THAT! THEY ARE LIKE FIVE OPPONENTS AT ONCE! Your story is great but I don't know if giving it all out on the field is going to be enough to win. As great as its been for them, sorry but Pleasanton's playoff run will end on Saturday.

RattlerDude
12-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh, and I really doubt it will end in dramatic fashion. Pleasanton will probably be blown out or lose by at least 15 points.

buff4ever
12-07-2007, 10:41 AM
The papers are doing what they can to make the game appealing to the public outside of LH and Pleasanton.

Hope for a safe and entertaining game, may the best team win.

LH is the best team!

firstcat
12-07-2007, 11:50 AM

It was at the end of the article about Lake Travis, around the last little paragraph. It just said that Pleasanton had been named 3A Team of the Week...and will be playing Liberty Hill at the Alamodome on Saturday.