PDA

View Full Version : Writer blasts Cowboys, and Terrence Newman

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
http://det.scout.com/2/708679.html?refid=400&CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

WOW..VERY Extreme view

crzyjournalist03
12-06-2007, 03:31 PM
So threatening to hit a QB is now on the same level as murder????

I wonder how much this particular reporter has ever covered or even spoken with Terence Newman. That is NOT the type of player that Newman has been in his career EVER.

While I'll be the first to admit that what was said was dumb, I seriously doubt that he meant it in the way that it came out. Considering he's been fined twice this year on big hits (that most likely were not premeditated and Newman probably still believes are accidental), I'd take his comments more as he hopes to put a big hit on Kitna, but is aware that if it's too big, he'd be looking at a fine.

Bradie James just said that he'd take any teammate out to dinner who laid a good, clean hit on Kitna (that actually may have come before the Newman interview), and I have a feeling that Newman was trying to echo these sentiments.

Now if this were someone with a history, say even Roy Williams, I'd be a little more concerned. But I've never met anybody who has spent time around Newman who has had anything but great things to say about his character and personality.

Rabbit'93
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Talk about sensitive. I still don't understand the correlation he's tryig to make between this and the sean taylor thing.

Maroon87
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Sad thing is, that dude actually got paid to write that garbage.

Adidas410s
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I love how Scout doesn't give you the ability to e-mail their writers. This isn't the first time I've wanted to reply to an idiotic comment from a Scout.com writer.

Macarthur
12-06-2007, 03:47 PM
What an ass. How much you want to bet this guy is a bitter fan of a team that Dallas regularly bitch slaps?

JJ7997
12-06-2007, 03:50 PM
If the bozo really said that then I agree with the writer. He doesnt need to playing at all with an outlook like that. Those are some hilarious comments about the Cowboys stand on morality too. HaHa ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Guys,

Click on his name and look at his past articles. He's a Lions beat writer. He's just ticked that his QB won't be able to deliver on that 10 win season he promised. He's grasping at straws here to make a name for himself. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that he's calling out one of the best corners in the league.

I did get a look at the title for his next article though:

"Hello corncob? Meet cornhole..."
by Nate Caminata

kepdawg
12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Here's part of a letter sent to Newman from NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson:

I am writing in response to your public comments today in the San Antonio Express News. Specifically in the Dec. 5 edition, referring to the Lions’ Jon Kitna. You are quoted as saying, “He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely."

You comments were thoughtless and irresponsible in view of the negative impact such statements have on all of us in football. They are contrary to what the NFL stands for, and do a disservice to the League, your team and yourself.

The public’s view of NFL players is essential to our continued success as the most popular sport in America, and you comments undermined the good that so many players have done in developing a positive image. You are among the privileged few able to represent the NFL to our youth and communities. Like it or not, you are a role model … with all the responsibilities.

Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend Cowboys-Lions game. As you know blatant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly.

JasperDog94
12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Here's part of a letter sent to Newman from NFL vice president of football operations Ray Anderson:

I am writing in response to your public comments today in the San Antonio Express News. Specifically in the Dec. 5 edition, referring to the Lions’ Jon Kitna. You are quoted as saying, “He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely."

You comments were thoughtless and irresponsible in view of the negative impact such statements have on all of us in football. They are contrary to what the NFL stands for, and do a disservice to the League, your team and yourself.

The public’s view of NFL players is essential to our continued success as the most popular sport in America, and you comments undermined the good that so many players have done in developing a positive image. You are among the privileged few able to represent the NFL to our youth and communities. Like it or not, you are a role model … with all the responsibilities.

Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend Cowboys-Lions game. As you know blatant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly. Great. Now if anyone touches Kitna there's gonna be a flag. You know it's coming.:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Great. Now if anyone touches Kitna there's gonna be a flag. You know it's coming.:rolleyes:

Already making excuses if Kitna throws for another 306 yards and
4 TD's?:thinking: :D

buff4ever
12-06-2007, 04:13 PM
take writer out back and shoot him, make other writers watch:D

navscanmaster
12-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Sad thing is, that dude actually got paid to write that garbage.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Already making excuses if Kitna throws for another 306 yards and
4 TD's?:thinking: :D Nope, cause Romo's just gonna throw for 5 TD's, plus Barber's rushing TD! :D :D :D

Actually this writer reminds me of Steve Spurrier when he coached at Florida. Every year he would complain before the Florida State game about how Florida State players always seemed to hit the QB late. Sure enough the first time anyone hit the QB after the ball left, here comes the flag. Because we all know that 300 pound linemen can stop on a dime (when going full speed) in half a second.

3afan
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
who cares what a writer from Detroit thinks/writes .... blah

STANG RED
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Did you read the part about where he was talking about Kitna being in such a fragile state? Maybe Kitna's the one that needs to set out a game or two, if hes that fragile.
I also think its ironic that a writer from the "murder capitol" is calling someone else a thug. Being from Detroit he is surrounded by the lowest elements there are.

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
what did Kitna say? I heard it was about the Cowboys defense and mainly Brady James what was said

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Being from Detroit he is surrounded by the lowest elements there are.

No wonder you don't like me.:thinking:

Mustangpride09
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Another great example of america being sissified.

STANG RED
12-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
what did Kitna say? I heard it was about the Cowboys defense and mainly Brady James what was said

He said James looked like he was running around lost most of the game last year, and something about the entire defensive backfield not looking very good. I don know the exact quotes.

STANG RED
12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
No wonder you don't like me.:thinking:

If your from Detroit, it looks like you were at least smart enough to get out.
What makes you think I dont like you.:confused: Heck I like most everybody.

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2007, 05:12 PM
What makes you think I dont like you.:confused: Heck I like most everybody.

I was actually born in Ann Arbor and spent the first eleven years
of my life in Monroe, forty miles south of Detroit. Truth be told it
was scary then. I can only imagine now.

As for the other,nevermind me, I'm on a self pity trip today.:)

alaskacat
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
take writer out back and shoot him, make other writers watch:D

That works!! Should apply that to those we are journalists in Iraq also and the New York times, Dallas Morning News who report of Iraq.

crzyjournalist03
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend Cowboys-Lions game. As you know blatant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly.

now see, I'm cool with that, because what Newman said was out of line. It's nowhere near the Sean Taylor deal though, and if the NFL looks a little more closely at him this week, great...when was the last time he had a sack anyway?

crzyjournalist03
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
and for those who were wondering, here are the exact quotes as it pertains to Newman and James:

"There were some times that we were watching on film before we played Dallas," Kitna said, "that we really felt like [James], sometimes, I don't know that he knew where he was at."

"We definitely felt like Terence Newman was the best corner that they had, so we knew we needed to be careful with him," Kitna said. "But even with him, I mean, he's not [Seattle cornerback] Marcus Trufant, in my opinion. He doesn't have that kind of ability. It wasn't like you were scared to throw at him, I guess."

JJ7997
12-06-2007, 08:29 PM
He said James looked like he was running around lost most of the game last year, and something about the entire defensive backfield not looking very good. I don know the exact quotes.

Whats wrong with telling the truth ?

King_LeYoeNidas
12-06-2007, 11:04 PM
what a douche. You know, if Kitna is too banged up to play, he should retire. QBs are gonna take hits. Any defensive player has the intention of knocking the hell out of a quarterback and that's a fact. Just because Newman said it outloud, this guy wants to make a big deal out of it. It's football it ain't ballet. Stupid ass.

Maroon87
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Whats wrong with telling the truth ?

Nothing, as long as you don't have to face the same team the very next year, they're much improved over the previous year, and your "guaranteed" 10-win season is going into the crapper.

BullsFan
12-08-2007, 03:26 AM
That writer is a whiner, and it looks like he's trying to turn what is an inevitable Detroit loss into something more than it is--which is a mediocre (at best) team getting beat by a much better one. It's probably a whole lot easier for him to swallow it if it's a case of his wholesome, pure, hometown team with its physically fragile players getting beat up by criminally thuggish morons. Although how he can say that Newman is both coldly calculating and barely able to spell his own name at the same time is a little confusing...

iknoweverything
12-08-2007, 04:12 AM
So what if he lays a illegal hit on Kitna and something serious happens to Kitna? Newman is a moron for saying this. All Kitna said was that they were not worried about Newman as a cover corner and would not shy away from him. Who is the sensitive one??? I hope Kitna lights up that crappy secondary.

BullsFan
12-08-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't for one second believe that Newman has or has ever had any intention of laying an illegal hit on Kitna. That was trash talking, pure and simple. Newman was returning the media jabs Detroit gave us after the last game. If he did intend to do something illegal, he'd hardly announce it in the newspaper. I have a hard time believing that writer was actually stupid enough to take it seriously, which is why I think it's just his way of turning the talk away from the loss his team is certainly going to have.