PDA

View Full Version : The Butt Slap

kepdawg
12-06-2007, 02:37 PM
What are your thoughts on the butt slap and its use in sports?

Ranger Mom
12-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I love it...but the guys always look at me funny when I slap their butts.:confused:

pirate4state
12-06-2007, 02:39 PM
So many comments :helpme:

Ranger Mom
12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So many comments :helpme:

I know..I picked the mildest one I could!!:)

kepdawg
12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Funny you two are the first to reply! :D

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I think there was a Mayne Event about this.

pirate4state
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
The guys are busy trying to figure out a way to convince us how it's not gay for them to touch another guy's butt!!

navscanmaster
12-06-2007, 02:44 PM
The guys are busy trying to figure out a way to convince us how it's not gay for them to touch another guy's butt!!

:doh:as long as the fingers don't curve inwards, it is an official butt slap. If the fingers curve inwards, or any attempt to grab the cheek is made, a blanket party is sure to follow! :devil:

Ranger Mom
12-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
:doh:as long as the fingers don't curve inwards, it is an official butt slap. If the fingers curve inwards, or any attempt to grab the cheek is made, a blanket party is sure to follow! :devil:

I didn't know there was an art to it....maybe that's my problem, I have been doing it wrong!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didn't know there was an art to it....maybe that's my problem, I have been doing it wrong!!

HAHA, :D

pirate4state
12-06-2007, 02:48 PM

dangit, dangit, dangit :helpme: :D

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I didn't know there was an art to it....maybe that's my problem, I have been doing it wrong!! Just don't squeeze anymore....well if you want to you can! :D

Fotbol
12-06-2007, 02:54 PM
back in the early 1700's it use to be butt sniffs, instead of slaps, so I guess it's safe to say, I'm glad it evolved!:twitch:

Runnin Panther
12-06-2007, 02:59 PM

I always thought if your hand didn’t linger too long it was expectable. Now you tell me I have to worry about finger position too….no wonder the guys keep looking at me funny.:doh: :doh: :doh:

navscanmaster
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I always thought if your hand didn’t linger too long it was expectable. Now you tell me I have to worry about finger position too….no wonder the guys keep looking at me funny.:doh: :doh: :doh:

And no one, I mean no one, likes a blanket party!!!:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

CHSfan
12-06-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah my freshman year after the yoakum game we were going through the line saying good game and one of there guys hit my butt!!!!! lol it was not funny at the time but i know him now!! bad 1st impression though!!!!

Mace Griffin
12-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
yeah my freshman year after the yoakum game we were going through the line saying good game and one of there guys hit my butt!!!!! lol it was not funny at the time but i know him now!! bad 1st impression though!!!! Nice status Wimberley and Hutto must of been really kidding around the last 2 years. :p

bobcat1
12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Keeps the Mrs in line at my house. Smack! She likes it.:D

nobogey72
12-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

ATTABABY!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well I used to be the girls swim team coach at The University of Malibu.:D ....anyway, (you got a good mental picture?).....anyway, I found that a good firm pat on the butt occasionally (only 1 every 5 minutes per girl) was very good for MY moral. It was a tough job, but I hung in there and made it through it. That was some pretty dern good spanking right there. :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

g$$
12-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Not a big fan. Prefer to this day when I play ball a simple fist jab or handshake or something similar. No need to go there IMO!

TexanFan4Life
12-07-2007, 03:18 AM

I don't like the butt slap. I always go for the lower back.

You wouldn't walk up to a complete stranger on the street and give him a butt slap. You'd get punched in the face. The fact that you're congratulating a teammate and possibly saying 'Good Job!' while you're doing it doesn't make it okay.

Just my $0.02

wimbo_pro
12-07-2007, 08:20 AM
I love it...but the guys always look at me funny when I slap their butts.:confused:

You are one cheeky monkey, RM.

TheDOCTORdre
12-07-2007, 08:27 AM
I dont prefer the butt slap and dont use it but I have nothing against any guy that uses it in the proper context and in accordance to the rules stated earlier in this thread. i prefer to use the fist pound or even the good old fashion high five to congratulate a team mate. Now that I am coaching girls basketball the butt slap to congratulate my team would be highly in appropriate. Of course my girlfriend appreciates a good butt slap.:D

RattlerDude
12-07-2007, 10:35 AM

You're a woman!?

RattlerDude
12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't know of any players who have a problem with it but it almost looks inappropriate when a male coach butt slaps a female player. I know it doesn't mean anything but "Good Job" but it looks very weird.

RattlerDude
12-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I don't like the butt slap. I always go for the lower back.

You wouldn't walk up to a complete stranger on the street and give him a butt slap. You'd get punched in the face. The fact that you're congratulating a teammate and possibly saying 'Good Job!' while you're doing it doesn't make it okay.

Just my $0.02

You slap them in their lower back? That seems pretty awkward as well. Its like "Good Job" let me sting you in your lower back.

RattlerDude
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
ATTABABY!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well I used to be the girls swim team coach at The University of Malibu.:D ....anyway, (you got a good mental picture?).....anyway, I found that a good firm pat on the butt occasionally (only 1 every 5 minutes per girl) was very good for MY moral. It was a tough job, but I hung in there and made it through it. That was some pretty dern good spanking right there. :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

You just made yourself sound like a pervert.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
You're a woman!?

Yes she is a woman! She is the "Rita" you may hear being referred to all the time around here!!

pirate4state
12-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
You're a woman!?

Yes. Sorry, my username is confusing. I guess if you don't have a "mom" after your name you are automatically thought of to be a male because afterall what would women be doing on a FOOTBALL board?! :p That's what makes it extremely funny, to me anyway, that the top 3 posters are WOMEN!!! HAHA

When I registered our (Sinton's) boys baseball team was in the hunt for their 3rd state title and it's the first thing that came to me.

pirate=mascot

:)

crzyjournalist03
12-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by CHSfan
i know him now!! bad 1st impression though!!!!

In the Biblical sense of the word??? :devil:

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1

I tried that to but mine slapped back, and it wasnt on the butt.:eek: :(

kepdawg
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM
That's what makes it extremely funny, to me anyway, that the top 3 posters are WOMEN!!! HAHA
:)

pirate4state
12-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
In the Biblical sense of the word??? :devil: :eek: :eek: :eek:

catdaddy
12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
There's a thorough implied protocol when conducting the ancient ritual of male bonding known as the "Butt Slap". It must be followed with an encougaging phrase such as "good job", "good, game","way to hustle", etc. Without the post-requisite admonition, the "slapper" is thought to be a snappy dresser by by the "slappie".