PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley may start for Texas next year.

mwisnews
09-19-2003, 12:02 AM
As you know, the great Burnet reciever Jordan Shipley committed to Texas. Why not? It close to home and people can go see. The main reason he chose Texas because he may be a potential starter. Here's why. Roy Williams, B.J. Johnson, and Sloan Thomas are seniors this year. They will graduate next year leaving no recieving stars. I heard that Jordan may graduate early in the winter to practice for spring training. If that happens, it will show Mack Brown that he has a lot committment to football and is willing to work. Jordan will have to do good at Spring training and kiss up to Mack in order for the starting job. When Jordan eventually starts, it will be a whole new ball game, because college secondary will be harder than he has ever faced. If Jordan can read coverages, and not make dumb mistakes, then Jordan will do sucessful in Texas.

what it do
09-19-2003, 12:08 AM
man i heard about shipley scoring like 8 touchdowns in one game when he lived in rotan as a freshmen on varsity. if anyone has the info i'd like to hear about it

xlr8tor
09-19-2003, 12:09 AM
I would like to see Shipley, along with Nathan Jones from Texarkana, along with Limas Sweed from Brenham. Could be pretty good, if the Horns could get some decent coaches that can win the big ones. Just my take.

SADAWG
09-19-2003, 12:33 AM
what it do:
man i heard about shipley scoring like 8 touchdowns in one game when he lived in rotan as a freshmen on varsity. if anyone has the info i'd like to hear about itThis article has a good recap of Shipley's career prior to the start of this season. Don't know about an 8 TD game, he had 4 last week.
Austin American Statesman (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/highschool/footballpreview/0821hs_shipley.html)

Jacket2000
09-19-2003, 01:23 AM
I seriously doubt that he'll be starting as a true freshman. Just b/c the current stars are leavin' doesn't mean that Mack hasn't signed any other WRs since signing them. As a matter of fact, I can almost promise you that there are several WRs who have been waiting in the wings for a few years who will be starting next season. Give Shipley a chance to adjust to the college game before you start making all the expectations of him. Hell, from what Ive heard, he may not even be a WR. He may end up on defense.
J2K

cunbed10
09-19-2003, 07:16 AM
Well, one guy by the name of Billy Pittman from Cameron (QB)has been converted to WR.

HotDawg89
09-19-2003, 08:07 AM
He's a great WR, but like J2K, I'm inclined to think he won't start. He may see some play time, and it might turn out to be great play time...but I think Mack probably would not have left the door shut on him as far as having all his WR's graduate this year. They recruit every year you know! :D

I do know that he was very impressed w/Jordan during a camp he attended at UT this summer. Jordan kept up with and or beat the big guns they have this year... so who knows?

He's a great big kid, but I can't imagine what UT is going to do for his size over the next year or so.

Oh and about the Rotan game... check the Statesman Archives for last year- they had an article on him and mentioned it...or you can search the web with just Jordan's name- that is how I found it last year.

3afan
09-19-2003, 09:23 AM
it takes an exceptional player walking into an ideal situation for any freshman to start at an elite DI program ... shiply may do it but the odds are against him ... lets let him get thru this season before we put him in the UT starting lineup

HotDawg89
09-19-2003, 10:31 AM
3afan:
it takes an exceptional player walking into an ideal situation for any freshman to start at an elite DI program ... shiply may do it but the odds are against him ... lets let him get thru this season before we put him in the UT starting lineupI'll second that!

Chief Woodman
09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

MASH4077
09-19-2003, 10:48 AM
6'0 175 is not big!

Gilmer Buckeye
09-19-2003, 10:48 AM
Hopefully, by next fall, both Mack Brown and Chance Mock will be gone.

Otherwise, I wouldn't blame Shipley if he switched his commitment to A&M to team up with McGee once again.

And I say this as a HUGE 'Horns backer. More in sorrow than anger.

dog92
09-19-2003, 11:12 AM
Pittman and Sweed will be two of the go to guys next season for the horns. They will be redshirt freshmen next year. The competition down in Austin will be much tougher than you think. He's competing against the best of the best.

rholl
09-19-2003, 11:18 AM
he needs to start practicing on his 3 yard hitches now!! Don't worry about how big and fast he is...you don't really need to be fast in the wonderful offense that Greg Davis has created for the Horns. Your routes are gonna be less than 10 yrds anyway.

Tiny
09-19-2003, 04:31 PM
If Shipley starts at Texas then Texas is in Deep S--t!!!!! It will be a little diferent than on Fridays, I assure you those guys won't be scared of him!!!!!!