PDA

View Full Version : #10 Florida at #7 Kansas

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 01:04 PM
The defending National Champs take on Kansas. Both come in behind their strong QBs for Florida it is Tim Tebow and for Kansas it is Lake Travis product Todd Reising. Kansas only has 1 loss 36-28 to Missouri but many people question the schedule they played. Florida has 3 losses but those were in the SEC so noone will question who they played.

Who wins and why?

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Gators in a rout. And I'll give the same reasons as the OU game... "Because they're better."

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Florida because Kansas didnt see anything like Tebow or Percy Harvin this year

sweetwater07
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
its no secret that the SEC is in another league as the Big 12....

Florida should handle Kansas

JJ7997
12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Florida wins simply because they have won alot of big games before and Kansas hasn't.

carter08
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Kansas.

GreenGobbla
12-06-2007, 03:50 PM
florida shouldnt have a problem with kansas. gators by two touchdowns.

JasperDog94
12-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
its no secret that the SEC is in another league as the Big 12.... You need to stop buying into the ESPN hype machine...;)

JasperDog94
12-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Just look at the BCS top 10:

2 from the SEC and 3 from the Big 12

How about the BCS top 25:

5 from the SEC and 4 from the Big 12

I don't know why everyone keeps hyping the SEC when they've taken a step down this year and the Big 12 has taken a huge leap forward.

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Just look at the BCS top 10:

2 from the SEC and 3 from the Big 12

How about the BCS top 25:

5 from the SEC and 4 from the Big 12

I don't know why everyone keeps hyping the SEC when they've taken a step down this year and the Big 12 has taken a huge leap forward.
And how many of those top-ten Big XII teams would get demolished by mid-level SEC teams (Auburn, Florida, etc.)? I can think of two.

JasperDog94
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
And how many of those top-ten Big XII teams would get demolished by mid-level SEC teams (Auburn, Florida, etc.)? I can think of two. But that's like the old tootsie roll question. "The world may never know." You may be right, but then again you may not. I just don't feel that the SEC is heads and tails better than the Big 12 this year. Or even the Pac-10 this year. (pre-Dixon injury)

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
everybody argues that the SEC teams beat up on each other because they are so good. Maybe they beat up on each other because none of them are good enough to consistently beat everyone else in the conference

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
But that's like the old tootsie roll question. "The world may never know." You may be right, but then again you may not. I just don't feel that the SEC is heads and tails better than the Big 12 this year. Or even the Pac-10 this year. (pre-Dixon injury)
Let me throw these numbers out there:

-The SEC is 18-10 in bowl games the last four years, best for any conference.

-In those bowl games, the SEC is 6-1 vs. the Big XII.

-Furthermore, the SEC is usually stacked against "higher" teams in these bowls due to the fact that they have more bowl tie-ins than any other conference. Here are there tie-ins:
Sugar Bowl: SEC Champs (if available)
Capitol One (Gator) Bowl: SEC #2 vs. Big Ten #2
Peach Bowl: SEC vs. ACC #2
Cotton Bowl: SEC vs. Big XII #2
Outback (Citrus) Bowl: SEC vs. Big Ten #3
Music City Bowl: SEC #5 vs. ACC
Liberty Bowl: SEC #6 vs. C-USA #1
???
Independence Bowl: SEC #8 vs. Big XII #7 (if available)
Where their number seven team goes, I have no idea, but you notice a pattern? How they always seem to play "up?" Peach Bowl pits one of the SEC's teams, anywhere from their third to their fifth team, against the ACC's runners-up. Same thing with the Cotton Bowl and the Big XII, and the Citrus and the Big Ten. The Music City Bowl hosts the SEC #5 against the ACC #3, 4, or 5, and the Independence Bowl has a spot reserved for the eighth SEC team.
So what I'm getting at is that the SEC has put that record together against tougher competition than any other conference.

-This is the strongest the conference has been in a while. I firmly believe that top to bottom, based on facts, that the SEC isn't just slightly better than every other conference, but head-and-shoulders better than every conference outside the Pac-10.

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM

-Furthermore, the SEC is usually stacked against "higher" teams in these bowls due to the fact that they have more bowl tie-ins than any other conference. Here are there tie-ins:
???
Where their number seven team goes, I have no idea, but you notice a pattern? How they always seem to play "up?" Peach Bowl pits one of the SEC's teams, anywhere from their third to their fifth team, against the ACC's runners-up. Same thing with the Cotton Bowl and the Big XII, and the Citrus and the Big Ten. The Music City Bowl hosts the SEC #5 against the ACC #3, 4, or 5, and the Independence Bowl has a spot reserved for the eighth SEC team.
So what I'm getting at is that the SEC has put that record together against tougher competition than any other conference.

-This is the strongest the conference has been in a while. I firmly believe that top to bottom, based on facts, that the SEC isn't just slightly better than every other conference, but head-and-shoulders better than every conference outside the Pac-10. The Cotton Bowl usually doesnt get the second best team from the big 12

3afan
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The Cotton Bowl usually doesnt get the second best team from the big 12

the Cotton Bowl gets "Big XII #2" --- may or may not be the 2nd best team

JasperDog94
12-06-2007, 06:54 PM

???

-This is the strongest the conference has been in a while. I firmly believe that top to bottom, based on facts, that the SEC isn't just slightly better than every other conference, but head-and-shoulders better than every conference outside the Pac-10. I'm not talking about in year's past. I'm talking about right now.

Mace Griffin
12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Too much Tebow Florida wins this one eaisly. The Gators have a great pipeline down there. I really noticed that when I was down in Orlando last year

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I find it hard to judge a whole lot off of what happens in bowl games. Even though it is pretty much the only thing you can logically base how strong of a conference is on. For one the layoff between the games is so long that bowl games end up being as much of who can shake off the rest as it is who is a better football team.Another thing is any given year one conference could have a lot tougher bowl opponents then another conference. For example this year Big Ten teams have to face LSU, USC, Florida and so on its going to be harder for the Big Ten to put together a strong record then say another conference with easier opponents. Another reason for going to a playoff. Again Im not doubting the strength of the SEC just saying that sometimes its hard to completly judge who is the best conference by bowls