PDA

View Full Version : Cuero and RC...

Gobbla2001
11-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Rice Consolidated handled us pretty well the first week of the season, I'll hand them that... Cuero also started off the season 0-4 and have gone 5-1 since... This district (and our schedule) wasn't a cake walk but we got out of at as good as we possibley could...

What was it guys, '93? Cuero started off bad, lost to Luling and Columbus both in the reg season but beat them in the playoffs and then took it to state?

Rice Consolidated has the talent, speed and strength etc... to beat us again, but Cuero has talent, speed and strength as well, maybe not as good as RC's, maybe it is, but even if it isn't, Cuero has one thing they do not have, TRADITION...

My mother's senior season ('70-'71) Cuero went either 5-5 or 6-4 (one of those) and advanced to the playoffs via a coin flips... Who was underdogged every round of the playoffs and defeated #1 Ennis on the way to the State Championship Game? Cuero!

We have a lot to look back on, teams who were predicted to do well and did, and teams who were expected to take an early exit that ended up riding the bus to the State game... We also went to state in '98 after half of the town went under the Guadlupe River turned Guadalupe Lake (half of the players lost their homes or had them damaged in that flood by the way)...

Football, in Cuero, is a different ball game than what you would normally see in other towns!

I'm very proud of these kids, they've shown everyone one in Cuero what Gobbler Pride really is, just as the teams in in '70, '73, '74, '75, '85, '86, '87, '93 and '98 did...

Cuero has paid their dues this season, now they're writing out the bills...

Go Gobblers!

SintonFan
11-15-2002, 03:29 AM
Gobbla2001:
Rice Consolidated handled us pretty well the first week of the season, I'll hand them that... Cuero also started off the season 0-4 and have gone 5-1 since... This district (and our schedule) wasn't a cake walk but we got out of at as good as we possibley could...

What was it guys, '93? Cuero started off bad, lost to Luling and Columbus both in the reg season but beat them in the playoffs and then took it to state?

Rice Consolidated has the talent, speed and strength etc... to beat us again, but Cuero has talent, speed and strength as well, maybe not as good as RC's, maybe it is, but even if it isn't, Cuero has one thing they do not have, TRADITION...

My mother's senior season ('70-'71) Cuero went either 5-5 or 6-4 (one of those) and advanced to the playoffs via a coin flips... Who was underdogged every round of the playoffs and defeated #1 Ennis on the way to the State Championship Game? Cuero!

We have a lot to look back on, teams who were predicted to do well and did, and teams who were expected to take an early exit that ended up riding the bus to the State game... We also went to state in '98 after half of the town went under the Guadlupe River turned Guadalupe Lake (half of the players lost their homes or had them damaged in that flood by the way)...

Football, in Cuero, is a different ball game than what you would normally see in other towns!

I'm very proud of these kids, they've shown everyone one in Cuero what Gobbler Pride really is, just as the teams in in '70, '73, '74, '75, '85, '86, '87, '93 and '98 did...

Cuero has paid their dues this season, now they're writing out the bills...

Go Gobblers!Hehe, that's why I picked your team around 8 or 9 (in the top 10) in reg. 4 in the preseason. I couldn't discount Cuero.
Now Rice playing yall is a good match-up. Too bad someone here has to lose...

Old Green
11-15-2002, 06:15 AM
You're right. Never count out the Gobblers.
In 93 they lost two consecutive games to Columbus and Sweeny in the first two games then went on a roll.
They had a rematch in the semi-finals with Columbus which the Gobblers won 32-0.

whtfbplaya
11-15-2002, 02:46 PM
Sorry, guys I have to take Rice by 14.

BIG19
11-15-2002, 02:49 PM
Cuero by 7. Close game, but they will pull it out. Best of luck, Gobblers!