42 of 50 for 442 yds and 5 TD's
Team Record: 12-0

Graham Harrell
5235 total yards (5298 passing, -63 rushing) 49 TD's, 14 INT's
Best Game:
49-45 loss @ Oklahoma State
46 of 67 for 646 yards and 5 TD's
Team Record: 8-4

Based on statistics...Colt Brennan shouldn't even be in the conversation. His 12-0 record is largely discounted because of close wins vs Nevada (2 pts), San Jose State (OT), and Louisiana Tech (OT) and NO signature wins.

Now we move on to the debate over Tebow vs Harrell...which system is "better?" I don't know if there's a definite answer to that question as there are so many extra factors to consider. If Florida was 11-1 or 12-0 and heading to a national championship game...then it would be easy to say that Tebow had a better year and Florida's system works "better." However, both teams have multiple losses. Florida and Texas Tech both have 1 upset loss (vs Auburn and vs Colorado). Florida and Texas Tech both have 1 win over a team ranked higher than them (@ #7 Kentucky and vs #4 Oklahoma).

So how does Tebow come out so far ahead of Harrell??? Two answers:
1) He's doing it on the ground and (to a lesser extent) through the air. He's the first QB to ever run for 20+ TD's and throw for 20+ TD's.
2) ESPN's hype machine and Florida is a bigger national draw.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Why does Colt's numbers discount him?

More passing yards and total yards than Tebow..plus he missed two full games aqnd knocked out of two other games

Adidas410s
12-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why does Colt's numbers discount him?

More passing yards and total yards than Tebow..plus he missed two full games aqnd knocked out of two other games

can only judge what he's done on the field....plus I don't like that smug look he has on his face! He could care less about Hawaii as long as it gets him back to the mainland and to the NFL. ;)

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
can only judge what he's done on the field....plus I don't like that smug look he has on his face! He could care less about Hawaii as long as it gets him back to the mainland and to the NFL. ;)

ok by on the field..he has more total yards than Tebow..so again cannot discount him

Adidas410s
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ok by on the field..he has more total yards than Tebow..so again cannot discount him

5 fewer TD's...8 more turnovers... (can't find any fumble statistics as ESPN lists all QB's as 0 rushing fumbles)

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2007, 10:58 AM
5 fewer TD's...8 more turnovers... (can't find any fumble statistics as ESPN lists all QB's as 0 rushing fumbles)

Sorry but for all the talk of big games and such IMO Tebow, dissapered in games like Auburn and Georgia

mrescape43
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Harrell is by far the best of these QB's!

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Tebow couldn't fit in at Tech or Hawaii
Brennan could fit all three.
Harrell fits Tech and Hawaii.

Brennan also missed two games this year.

Emerson1
12-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

I think Tebow could fit all 3. Brennan and Harrel couldn't rush for 20 touchdowns

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think Tebow could fit all 3. Brennan and Harrel couldn't rush for 20 touchdowns How many of those 20 were designed rushes inside the 10 yard line?

Brennan rushed for 8 this year.

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 11:25 PM
How many of those 20 were designed rushes inside the 10 yard line?

Brennan rushed for 8 this year. come on casey remember fresno st when colt tried to run? Also I didnt know Td runs had to be longer then 10 yards to count

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Tebow
3970 total yards (3132 passing, 838 rushing) 51 TD's, 6 INT's, 0 fumbles
Best Game:
51-30 win @ South Carolina
22 of 32 for 304 yds, 2 TD's and 1 INT passing
26 carries for 120 yds, 5 TD's rushing
Team Record: 9-3

Colt Brennan
4239 total yards (4175 passing, 65 rushing) 46 TD's, 14 INT's
Best Game:
35-28 win vs Washington

Graham Harrell
Best Game:

Based on statistics...Colt Brennan shouldn't even be in the conversation. His 12-0 record is largely discounted because of close wins vs Nevada (2 pts), San Jose State (OT), and Louisiana Tech (OT) and NO signature wins.

Now we move on to the debate over Tebow vs Harrell...which system is "better?" I don't know if there's a definite answer to that question as there are so many extra factors to consider. If Florida was 11-1 or 12-0 and heading to a national championship game...then it would be easy to say that Tebow had a better year and Florida's system works "better." However, both teams have multiple losses. Florida and Texas Tech both have 1 upset loss (vs Auburn and vs Colorado). Florida and Texas Tech both have 1 win over a team ranked higher than them (@ #7 Kentucky and vs #4 Oklahoma).

1) He's doing it on the ground and (to a lesser extent) through the air. He's the first QB to ever run for 20+ TD's and throw for 20+ TD's.
2) ESPN's hype machine and Florida is a bigger national draw. To me the difference is Florida lost to Georgia, Auburn and LSU two of those are the top 3 teams in the nation and Auburn has a lot of talet.

Tech lost to Oklahoma St. and Colorado both very average teams. Oklahoma and a slightly better then average Texas team so I dont think you can say Techs system works better.

lakers
12-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
To me the difference is Florida lost to Georgia, Auburn and LSU two of those are the top 3 teams in the nation and Auburn has a lot of talet.

Tech lost to Oklahoma St. and Colorado both very average teams. Oklahoma and a slightly better then average Texas team so I dont think you can say Techs system works better.

uhhh, Tech beat OU 34-27. what game were u watchin???

g$$
12-07-2007, 01:56 AM
Tebow
3970 total yards (3132 passing, 838 rushing) 51 TD's, 6 INT's, 0 fumbles
Best Game:
51-30 win @ South Carolina
22 of 32 for 304 yds, 2 TD's and 1 INT passing
26 carries for 120 yds, 5 TD's rushing
Team Record: 9-3

Colt Brennan
4239 total yards (4175 passing, 65 rushing) 46 TD's, 14 INT's
Best Game:
35-28 win vs Washington

Graham Harrell
Best Game:

2) ESPN's hype machine and Florida is a bigger national draw.

Adidas: you know I respect you & your posts are very knowledgeable. But please tell me you are not saying Graham Harrell is even in the same league as Tim Tebow?

Tebow did this in the best top to bottom conference in the country (SEC). He passes & runs like few ever have. Tebow is a future pro, only a soph. Harrell is a good player but is hurt by Tech's "system" tag. Tech is very one-dimensional & pass happy. Tech needs a qb to succeed in the pros to remove that label (Billy Joe Tolliver does not count, different offense).

When it's all said & done, Tebow is the better player & to me there is no argument.

g$$
12-07-2007, 02:00 AM

I like all 3, but to say Tebow could not fit into any system to me is erroneous. With an athlete like him, you tailor the offense to him, not vice versa. Tebow will start one day in the NFL. He grew up this year as a passer & only a true soph.

Brennan is very accurate & will play on Sundays. Brennan is unorthodox at times but can make all the throws. Harrell is a FA or late round guy trying to make a team.

**Remember, Brennan was considered a top recruit at one time until he got into trouble at Colorado. He landed in Hawaii just trying to get a chance. Now he is poised to make some $$ soon.

g$$
12-07-2007, 02:17 AM
One more thing. I think this system talk is getting out of hand. Every team has a system, something they believe in & run. It fits their personnel & they run it.

Was Warren Moon just a Run & Shoot qb? Of course not, he was a pure passer in every offense he played in (NCAA, CFL, NFL). He made it happen & threw a great ball. Now the R&S allowed him to put up huge #s. Then he went to Minnesota & Seattle & did his thing there too in conventional offenses. He's just an example, there are many.

The great ones can adapt to any system that fits their skills & those of their teammates.

themsu97
12-07-2007, 06:53 AM
you cannot compare the 3...
Harrell is going to get a bad wrap because he plays at Tech... what qb in the NFL played for TEch? there can always be the first but just hard to envision...
like Florida wr's and to an extent Florida qb's...

NFL types think system and it hurts kids...

I would believe that Florida people can talk up Tebow, just like Hawaii backers can find a way to support Brennan...

Old Tiger
12-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I was listening to Jason Smith earlier and they played a clip of Brennan going off on the media and Tim Tebow.

gatordaze
12-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Brennan was KNOCKED OUT of 2 games. Tebow does not get knocked out!

TheDOCTORdre
12-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Brennan was KNOCKED OUT of 2 games. Tebow does not get knocked out!

Thats right...Tebow knocks people out. Tebow is the man and everyone will know it when he wins the Heisman.

Old Tiger
12-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Thats right...Tebow knocks people out. Tebow is the man and everyone will know it when he wins the Heisman. Haha....the way that sounded in my head reminds me of the guy from "My New Haircut" video. lol

themsu97
12-07-2007, 09:03 AM
maybe Tebow will be just as successful as the other Flordia qb's... Grossman, Weurfel,

gatordaze
12-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
maybe Tebow will be just as successful as the other Flordia qb's... Grossman, Weurfel,

Do you mean as Hieisman Trophy winners? I think he will be as successful as Weurfel! He may even win it twice!