PDA

View Full Version : Realignment

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Coming up in February - Thought it would be interesting to see where everyone thinks they will end up.

Sweetwater, Snyder, Midland Greenwood, Lamesa, Andrews, and Seminole.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Coming up in February - Thought it would be interesting to see where everyone thinks they will end up.

Sweetwater, Snyder, Midland Greenwood, Lamesa, Andrews, and Seminole.

YEOUCH!!!:eek: :eek:

If it pans out like that, this may be the first time in a while we haven't made the playoffs!!

I'm afraid we are going to be hurting the next few years!!:(

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
YEOUCH!!!:eek: :eek:

If it pans out like that, this may be the first time in a while we haven't made the playoffs!!

I'm afraid we are going to be hurting the next few years!!:(

It is a pretty tough district. I just hope they do away with the 4 and 5 team districts, but with the enrollment in West Texas dropping, who knows what will happen in February.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
It is a pretty tough district. I just hope they do away with the 4 and 5 team districts, but with the enrollment in West Texas dropping, who knows what will happen in February.

I read an article somewhere, maybe here, that there definitely won't be any more 4 team districts!

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 10:19 PM
They could definitely do it by making the Panhandle teams one district. Levelland, Cooper, Brownfield, Borger, Canyon, Dalhart, and Perryton would be a 7 team district. Travel would suck, but what else can you do?

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
They could definitely do it by making the Panhandle teams one district. Levelland, Cooper, Brownfield, Borger, Canyon, Dalhart, and Perryton would be a 7 team district. Travel would suck, but what else can you do?

Poor Monahans...that would leave them with all the El Paso teams again!!

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Poor Monahans...that would leave them with all the El Paso teams again!!

Monahans could even play with the district I made earlier. At least then its only Stockton and Pecos playing El Paso schools.

Snydertigersrul
12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I read an article somewhere, maybe here, that there definitely won't be any more 4 team districts!

The head of the UIL has went on record several times that there would be no more four-team districts and that districts probably would be six teams.

kepdawg
12-05-2007, 11:35 PM
3A: Jasper

I don't know enough about the schools in the area to know who is likely to move up or down. So I can't make a good guess!

4A: Denison

With Sherman. Only thing certain is they won't go north! The movement of a lot of schools will factor into where they end up.

Paris could drop to 3A.

Prosper, Frisco Wakeland, Frisco Liberty, and Royse City could jump to 4A.

Rockwall could drop to 4A.

Denton Ryan, The Colony, McKinney Boyd, Richardson Pearce, and Highland Park could jump to 5A.

Even if I thought I figured it out, it's the UIL we're talking about so there is no telling what will happen!

dogdad
12-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I think Paris and Paris North Lamar will drop to 3A
I am sure that Royse will move to 4A
and that Rockwall will drop to 4A

I think Royse will plug into the district with the 2 Rockwall schools, Forney, Terrell, West Mesquite, Poteet, and Greenville

bigron15
12-06-2007, 12:49 AM
idk if anyone has said this before but i heard that Stephenville turned in some low numbers this year

alaskacat
12-06-2007, 12:56 AM
If they raise the top of 2A to much Celina could wind up in 2A again:)

or maybe just send 15 or 20 to Little Elm to help it along:)

nobogey72
12-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
If they raise the top of 2A to much Celina could wind up in 2A again:)

or maybe just send 15 or 20 to Little Elm to help it along:)

Alaskacat, I'm not sure that Celina could compete in 2A.:D As far as our part of the country, I think that Brownwood is the kicker, they are right on the border of all 4 regions. In fact they have been in all 4 regions in the past. That will really shake which direction Wylie,Clyde,Breck. go. No matter which direction Brownwood goes, they will be a factor in whatever Region and district they are in. Honestly, I hope they end up in our district somehow.:thumbsup:

alaskacat
12-06-2007, 02:07 AM
I don't think anyone would sweat it much, they put their pants on one leg at a time just like we do.:)

nobogey72
12-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I don't think anyone would sweat it much, they put their pants on one leg at a time just like we do.:)

That's true, but their legs are bigger than ours.:D

3afan
12-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The head of the UIL has went on record several times that there would be no more four-team districts and that districts probably would be six teams.

i believe 6 teams per district is a GOAL ... I dont think there is any way that can happen and keep the bottom-top ADM ratio within reason ... not in 3A

but its an admirable goal