PDA

View Full Version : Big Spring TX (nf)

turbostud
12-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Whats there to do in Big Spring? I have only passed thru. I applied for a job there with BOP. Whats the population? Are they 3a or 4a? Whats the mascot? And last but not least and most important, Are they good in Football?

Mustangpride09
12-05-2007, 09:07 PM
They're 4A, not very good in any sport, especially in football. I think the only game they won this year was against SA Lakeview. They have a walmart and a whole lot of places to eat. Not a bad looking town.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I was raised in Coahoma, so Big Spring was in my back yard.....I HATED it!! Paul Harvey one time referred to it as "Little Chicago", the crime was so bad.

I lived there for about a year after I graduated and moved off, NEVER to return. All my family that lived there has gone too...they all pretty much live in Midland now.

I don't know if it's gotten any better over the years, I have been gone from there about 22 years.

WylieBulldog92
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Whats there to do in Big Spring? I have only passed thru. I applied for a job there with BOP. Whats the population? Are they 3a or 4a? Whats the mascot? And last but not least and most important, Are they good in Football?
Nice neighborhoods to compliment their crappy football stadium :D

turbostud
12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Geez, that bad huh? Maybe I'll reconsider.

WylieBulldog92
12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Prepare for an UNORIGINAL statement...

The Steers have been branded with pwned :p :p :p

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Steers actually made the playoffs this year. Lost in round one to Hereford.

GetRDoneStangs
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was raised in Coahoma, so Big Spring was in my back yard.....I HATED it!! Paul Harvey one time referred to it as "Little Chicago", the crime was so bad.

I lived there for about a year after I graduated and moved off, NEVER to return. All my family that lived there has gone too...they all pretty much live in Midland now.

I don't know if it's gotten any better over the years, I have been gone from there about 22 years.

I have lived there twice in the last 21 years and it is a trash town. I did not like living there and got out as soon as I could (both times!)

I did meet stangGirl's mom there.....(she moved to and still lives/teaches in Sweetwater)

The Mexican food is pretty good ..so there I did say something positive!!!

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Geez, that bad huh? Maybe I'll reconsider.

I don't know if you have school age kids or not. If so, I wouldn't put them in the Big Spring School district. I would have them in Coahoma, 10 miles east of there.

My parents live right outside of Midland and they still go to church in Big Spring.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Steers actually made the playoffs this year. Lost in round one to Hereford.

Didn't Sweetwater and Abilene Wylie both beat the dog out of them this season?

Tiger Baseball
12-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Not a place to raise kids.

GetRDoneStangs
12-05-2007, 09:40 PM

Real Bad!!!

WylieBulldog92
12-05-2007, 09:43 PM
61-14 Wylie, pretty sure Sweetwater beat the steak outta them as well Sweetwater was a pretty good team this year as well so they "donkey stomped" them as well.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
61-14 Wylie, pretty sure Sweetwater beat the steak outta them as well Sweetwater was a pretty good team this year as well so they "donkey stomped" them as well.

I didn't realize that mustangs could donkey stomp!!:D

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Looks like Sweetwater and Wylie could have competed in the West Texas side of the bracket in the playoffs.

I remember a few years ago Big Spring having some great speed. They could never get by the second round though if I remember correctly. Discipline always seemed to be a problem as well. I applied for a job there and was contacted by the principal but decided to not even interview.

WylieBulldog92
12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I didn't realize that mustangs could donkey stomp!!:D
I've seen an ugly mustang :devil:

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Adding to what I said earlier, Wylie demolished Frenship, who won that district and barely lost to a very good Aledo team last week.

If you think Wylie will struggle if they ever move up to 4A you are mistaken.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Adding to what I said earlier, Wylie demolished Frenship, who won that district and barely lost to a very good Aledo team last week.

If you think Wylie will struggle if they ever move up to 4A you are mistaken.

Well they aren't EVER going to move up!!:p

wildstangs
12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Well they aren't EVER going to move up!!:p

One day Eula, Abilene Christian, and Jim Ned are going to get sick of enrolling those 100 students in October. At least that is what my friends in Merkel say.....

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
One day Eula, Abilene Christian, and Jim Ned are going to get sick of enrolling those 100 students in October. At least that is what my friends in Merkel say.....

Haha!! I hadn't heard that one!!