PDA

View Full Version : I wonder..

lion75
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
if any other schools besides Vernon and Childress have ever played a Texas high school quarterfinal playoff game in another state. Any playoff game for that matter. In 1990, they played in Altus, OK.

DU_stud04
12-05-2007, 08:17 PM
if anthony had won that second game, it wouldnt have suprised me if last weeks game woulda been in hobbs,nm or somewhere around in nm. what if a region 3 team played someone up from region 1 from the top of the panhandle for state..... could we have a state title game in oklahoma?

lion75
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
if anthony had won that second game, it wouldnt have suprised me if last weeks game woulda been in hobbs,nm or somewhere around in nm. what if a region 3 team played someone up from region 1 from the top of the panhandle for state..... could we have a state title game in oklahoma? I guess. I wouldn't be suprised if someone else had done this, maybe in Shreveport or somewhere with a big stadium right on the border.

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by lion75
if any other schools besides Vernon and Childress have ever played a Texas high school quarterfinal playoff game in another state. Any playoff game for that matter. In 1990, they played in Altus, OK. There ain't much in Altus....but I'd love to get my hands on some land up near Lone Wolf just over from the lake and those little mountains that can only be described as "God had a couple of little left over mountains and went....ah.....here we go in the middle of the plains" LOL.

GreenMonster
12-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I guess. I wouldn't be suprised if someone else had done this, maybe in Shreveport or somewhere with a big stadium right on the border. That is the only one I've heard of in Oklahoma. Have heard of play-off games in NM. Been to a baseball play-off in NM actually. Last year Texarkana Texas High chose the Liberty Bowl in Shreveport as their home stadium vs. Highland Park but lost the toss and had to go to Texas Stadium instead.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
That is the only one I've heard of in Oklahoma. Have heard of play-off games in NM. Been to a baseball play-off in NM actually. Last year Texarkana Texas High chose the Liberty Bowl in Shreveport as their home stadium vs. Highland Park but lost the toss and had to go to Texas Stadium instead.

Texas High ans HP DID play in Shreveport at the Indy Bowl

lion75
12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
There ain't much in Altus....but I'd love to get my hands on some land up near Lone Wolf just over from the lake and those little mountains that can only be described as "God had a couple of little left over mountains and went....ah.....here we go in the middle of the plains" LOL. Those are the Quartz Mountains by Lake Lugert. I can't believe you know about that place.

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Those are the Quartz Mountains by Lake Lugert. I can't believe you know about that place. I had friends growing up that moved to Ingleside via Vernon...and last year I worked for a company and we did alot of work for Halliburton..and I was up Burns Flat way all the time...I'd shoot up to Ennis....Decatur....slide over to Vernon..then shoot up through Altus, Lone Wolf, etc. over to B.F. OK. Like that area. Have a real good friend from HS that lives in Elk City...saw him about 7 or 8 months ago up there for the first time since HS. Good times.