PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Finalist

kepdawg
12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
These four have been invited to New York.

iknoweverything
12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
imo it should be Mcfadden. Mcfadden shares the backfield with another great rb in Felix Jones. Tebow is great but i just think that Mcfadden should get it.

charlesrixey
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
1. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
2. Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri
3. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

iknoweverything
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
1. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
2. Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri
3. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

You are nuts to put Daniel ahead of Mcfadden

g$$
12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
As I said a while back & got ridiculed, it will end up Tebow & McFadden. I said McFadden would end up in top 2.

1. McFadden (LSU game put him over top + finished 2nd last year)
2. Tebow (hurt by being soph, would be 1st soph ever)
3. Brennan
4. Daniel

Tebow may be the most deserving, & ESPN is sure touting him. We'll see.

gatordaze
12-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Tebow put up the best numbers EVERY week. McFadden had a couple of bad games. Tebow did everything he could short of playing defense. The numbers don't lie.

Emerson1
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I really don't see what the big deal about Colt Brennan is. He had less yards, lower completion %, less touchdowns, 60 less ypg then Graham Harrell. All of that against weaker defenses and teams.

Another product of the ESPN hype machine.

Stownhorse
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Tebow put up the best numbers EVERY week. McFadden had a couple of bad games. Tebow did everything he could short of playing defense. The numbers don't lie.

McFadden got shafted last year and he hasnt been playing behind the best line this year. McFadden is my pick, hes an all around athlete. QB, WR, RB you name it.

Any QB could be a ball hog. To bad he tries to do it himself or they might have went to the big enchilada.

Chase Daniel didnt really show me much this year. He has a good team around him that can make him look outstanding.

Colt Brennan would be a good story but its not gunna happen. The old farts that vote for heisman dont even know where Hawaii is any more.

JJ7997
12-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I really don't see what the big deal about Colt Brennan is. He had less yards, lower completion %, less touchdowns, 60 less ypg then Graham Harrell. All of that against weaker defenses and teams.

Another product of the ESPN hype machine.

Thats only cause he had Crabtree to catch the ball and I bet 40 - 50 % is yards after catch.

eagles_victory
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Any QB could be a ball hog. To bad he tries to do it himself or they might have went to the big enchilada.

How is Tebow a ball hog? You take Tebow off of Florida they arent even playing in a bowl. He was the best power runner they had on the team by far

District303aPastPlayer
12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Seriously, how is it not Tim Tebow... do you (in general) believe that the most outstanding player in the NCAA is NOT Tebow?

hawkfan
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Colt Brennan would be a good story but its not gunna happen. The old farts that vote for heisman dont even know where Hawaii is any more.

I agree, if he wins then every Tech QB since Cliff Kingsbury should have won it.

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Tebow....I'd like to see Chase win it....or even McFadden...but its all Tebow.

piratebg
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm pulling for Brennan. I've just enjoyed watching him more than the others. :)

lostaussie
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Another product of the ESPN hype machine. who is this Harrell you speak of:thinking:

WylieBulldog92
12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I think Jevan Sneed should win :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Rattlesnake_08
12-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I think all the talk about "system" players is relatively dumb. Isn't every player ultimately apart of a system, or does some coaches just run "whatever"?

Rattlesnake_08
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Personally I voted for Adarius Bowmen, because that fool wears a mohawk, and still is taken seriously.:thumbsup:

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I think Jevan Sneed should win :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: he's already a winner in my mind...on that team and has avoided jail time up to this point. Way to go Sneed! :clap:

I'M JUST KIDDING!!! GOSH!!!

Old Tiger
12-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
he's already a winner in my mind...on that team and has avoided jail time up to this point. Way to go Sneed! :clap:

I'M JUST KIDDING!!! GOSH!!! Yea ole miss is rough

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I think Jevan Sneed should win :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Dude, don't hate. He redshirted this year, but I have a feeling he'll be lighting it up next year for the Rebels.

eagles_victory
12-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Dude, don't hate. He redshirted this year, but I have a feeling he'll be lighting it up next year for the Rebels. If that Nutt over there they have coaching will start him.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
I think all the talk about "system" players is relatively dumb. Isn't every player ultimately apart of a system, or does some coaches just run "whatever"?
And that (IMO) is the smartest thing I have read in days regarding any college & pro football thread. :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Tim Tebow is a system QB for sure, yet he isn't penalized for it. Pass the ball all the way down to inside the 10 then call QB draws and inflate your QB's rushing TD's.

Colt Brennan is a better QB and more deserving.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Tim Tebow is a system QB for sure, yet he isn't penalized for it. Pass the ball all the way down to inside the 10 then call QB draws and inflate your QB's rushing TD's.

I don't keep up, so bear with me. Tebow runs the offense that the coach has designated. Brennan runs the offense that the coach has designated. How are they BOTH not system QB's? :confused:

Next questions: If you send Tebow to Hawaii and Brennan to Florida, does each have the same success as they do now? And do their teams have the same success?

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't keep up, so bear with me. Tebow runs the offense that the coach has designated. Brennan runs the offense that the coach has designated. How are they BOTH not system QB's? :confused:

Next questions: If you send Tebow to Hawaii and Brennan to Florida, does each have the same success as they do now? And do their teams have the same success? Hawaii, no.

Florida, yes.

Brennan is a stud and could fit in anywhere. From what I heard he was going to go to USC but got in trouble with the law.

Even Hawai'i coach said that.

District303aPastPlayer
12-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Hawaii, no.

Florida, yes.

Brennan is a stud and could fit in anywhere. From what I heard he was going to go to USC but got in trouble with the law.

Even Hawai'i coach said that.

He was supposed to be attending USC and i believe take over once Leinhart left, but he got popped for robbery or something... they had a special on him before the season started... June Jones was called crazy by taking him in... turned out pretty good....

on a side note, to the people that say that Hawai'i doesn't schedule people... They tried to schedule Michigan... Michigan dropped them and picked up a cupcake school... Appalachian State, how'd that work for ya?

Daddy D 11
12-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Tebow should win, he he doesnt then Brennan will.

Mcfadden is not that good, he is an athlete no doubt. But he is a running back that really isnt that physical and doesnt have that many TDs, he is not deserving.

Adidas410s
12-06-2007, 09:30 AM
1. Tebow
2. McFadden
3. Brennan
4. Daniel
5a. Dixon...it was his award until the injury
5b. Crabtree :D:D:D

Adidas410s
12-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Mcfadden is not that good, he is an athlete no doubt. But he is a running back that really isnt that physical and doesnt have that many TDs, he is not deserving.
He has 16 TD's in 12 games??? That's not even counting the one(s) he threw for. :confused: :confused:

Give me a running back that will average 143 ypg, 1+ TD's, and 6 yds/carry...and I could have him signed by any NFL team in a heartbeat.

3afan
12-06-2007, 09:39 AM

they are not "inflate[ing] your QB's rushing TD's" - they are trying to win football games ...

Daddy D 11
12-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He has 16 TD's in 12 games??? That's not even counting the one(s) he threw for. :confused: :confused:

Give me a running back that will average 143 ypg, 1+ TD's, and 6 yds/carry...and I could have him signed by any NFL team in a heartbeat.

that is true, he will definitly go to the NFL, i just think Tebow is better. he is more important to his team and he has put up way better numbers IMO