PDA

View Full Version : Franchione and Darrell Dickey to SMU?

kepdawg
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Rumor mentioned on DMN blog:

SMU's backup plan if Paul Johnson lands at Georgia Tech...

Dennis Franchione with Darrell Dickey as the offensive coordinator

LINK (http://colleges.beloblog.com/)

Phil C
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
If that is true then glory years are coming back to SMU!

Old Tiger
12-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Two words.....

Greg Davis

Bull19
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
the good thing about fran coaching at smu is that he cant really make them too much worse

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
at least they aren't letting Fran run the offense ;)

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Darrell Dickey stepped down at UNT after suffering a heart attack. I guess he feels he's ready to go again. More power to him. He's a good coach and if these rumors are true, I'll be glad to see him back on the sidelines. Sidelines...booth...whatever. ;)

kepdawg
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Darrell Dickey stepped down at UNT after suffering a heart attack. I guess he feels he's ready to go again. More power to him. He's a good coach and if these rumors are true, I'll be glad to see him back on the sidelines. Sidelines...booth...whatever. ;)

Dickey was fired at North Texas

He is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Utah State

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2007, 05:28 PM

he did not "step down" he was fired and it was an ugly firing

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Dickey was fired at North Texas

He is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Utah State

Am I thinking of someone else then? I thought Dickey had a heart attack and stepped down shortly afterward.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Am I thinking of someone else then? I thought Dickey had a heart attack and stepped down shortly afterward.

He had a Heart Attack, but he was fired and MAN it got ugly, with booster wanting a facility named after Dickey and all kinds of crud

RedStorm
12-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If that is true then glory years are coming back to SMU!

look at A&M. SMU will suck worse, plus franchione's a racist.

g$$
12-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm

What? Where is the proof for that statement? He sure recruited Blacks & others to all his stops...

I have heard Fran to SMU for a while now & created a thread about it. Fran & Dickey's father go way back to K-State days. Would not surprise me.

kepdawg
12-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I have heard Fran to SMU for a while now & created a thread about it.

Want a cookie? :p

g$$
12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Want a cookie? :p

No, but want to come up with something new? That has been out a while, like over a month. Look it up in thread "Aggie News from insider friend"...

2nd thought - what kind?

GreenMonster
12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
look at A&M. SMU will suck worse, plus franchione's a racist. This is a pretty classless post even if it is just your second one.

coach
12-05-2007, 08:42 PM

this is your second ever post...wow you sure are ballsy

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
This is a pretty classless post even if it is just your second one.
The first wasn't much better. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RedStorm
12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by coach
this is your second ever post...wow you sure are ballsy

Sure am

g$$
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Sure am

Ok then, tell us your PROOF that Fran is racist. I don't care for the man as a coach, but I have never heard, seen, or read anything saying anything like that. One of my best friends once served on his staff. Don't you think after 35 years in coaching that someone would have come forward?

Please explain...

Big Papa
12-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Ok then, tell us your PROOF that Fran is racist. I don't care for the man as a coach, but I have never heard, seen, or read anything saying anything like that. One of my best friends once served on his staff. Don't you think after 35 years in coaching that someone would have come forward?

Please explain...

umm..lemme think of what he can say...

here: hes heard it from numerous broadcasters and the such, and read many articles on it...and if you want proof go look it up..

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 07:31 PM
You can't tell by all the white wide receivers he has playing? :D

Then you probably need to open your eyes! :p

zebrablue2
12-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

ROFLMAO-- with eyes closed of course.

RedStorm
12-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Why was Franchione starting a slower white QB in a option offense over Jerrod Johnson?

Old Tiger
12-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Why was Franchione starting a slower white QB in a option offense over Jerrod Johnson? Sexual favors?

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Sexual favors?
Haha.

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Why was Franchione starting a slower white QB in a option offense over Jerrod Johnson?
Maybe he's better? More composed, mature, better under pressure, the team responds to him more, there could be a hundred different things.

We've seen him for a grand total of 32 seconds in mop-up duty. And while he looked dang good, he was playing against fourth-string defenses who don't have a scouting report on him.

We're not inside the locker room, but BBDE is. Maybe he could tell you.

And please, don't ever bring that weak crap here. We see right through it. You make yourself look like an idiot when you say stuff like that. You're more intelligent than that.

espn1
12-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Why was Franchione starting a slower white QB in a option offense over Jerrod Johnson? For the same reason that he won't be starting next year. He's not as good.

lakers
12-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by espn1
For the same reason that he won't be starting next year. He's not as good.

Agreed

g$$
12-07-2007, 01:19 AM

WRs
Kerry Franks
Earvin Taylor
Pierre Brown
= all Black starters

Michael Corey = White
Roger Holland = White

TEs
Martellus Bennett = Black
Joey Thomas = White

Who cares? Argument by RedStorm was weak & unfounded.

Great post Russ.

g$$
12-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Big Papa
umm..lemme think of what he can say...

here: hes heard it from numerous broadcasters and the such, and read many articles on it...and if you want proof go look it up..

Let me tell you something Big Papa:

Anything I post comes with back-up. I was alive & well in 1975 & know what happened. Were you? I have taken numerous courses on the history of sport, etc. & changes that have occurred. I have worked in college & pro sports. Have you? I stay informed on what is going on & what has gone on. I read, listen, ask questions, & generally stay abreast of what is happening & why.

I don't have to justify anything to you. I gave you dates & told you what happened in the 1970s & beyond. If you care to stay uninformed, so be it. You have only yourself to blame. This was a time of historical legislation & landmark changes in college athletics that leveled the playing field for many schools.

One more time for the mentally challenged:
Title IX (1972) - HUGE
Integration
Women allowed into schools
Scholarship limits (1975) - HUGE
State funding changes - HUGE
TV explosion & conference contracts
Private funding /self-sufficient athletic depts.
etc.

Hope that helps you get started genius.

kepdawg
12-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Anything I post comes with back-up. I was alive & well in 1975 & know what happened. Were you? I have taken numerous courses on the history of sport, etc. & changes that have occurred. I have worked in college & pro sports. Have you? I stay informed on what is going on & what has gone on. I read, listen, ask questions, & generally stay abreast of what is happening & why.

I don't have to justify anything to you. I gave you dates & told you what happened in the 1970s & beyond. If you care to stay uninformed, so be it. You have only yourself to blame. This was a time of historical legislation & landmark changes in college athletics that leveled the playing field for many schools.

Title IX (1972) - HUGE
Integration
etc.

I guess this is another case of carrying things from one thread to another? :confused:

g$$
12-07-2007, 01:48 AM
I guess this is another case of carrying things from one thread to another? :confused:

Just responding to him.

kepdawg
12-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Just responding to him.

Okay. It just seemed like a very odd response based on posts only on this thread. Carry on!

Old Tiger
12-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Title IX (1972) - HUGE
Integration
etc.

Hope that helps you get started genius. That argument sucks. You got called out on it and your replies were weak.

TexanFan4Life
12-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by espn1
For the same reason that he won't be starting next year. He's not as good.

You sure have some balls...saying Stephen McGee is good. PFT!

How can you call any Option QB a good Quarterback? He hardly ever does what a Quarterback is supposed to do! He may be a good athlete, but you can't say he's a good Quarterback.

About all you can say about him is that he's tough as nails for being able to still walk upright after being planted so much.

I'm interested to see if McGee can become an accurate pocket passer under Mike Sherman next season.

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2007, 06:08 AM
You sure have some balls...saying Stephen McGee is good. PFT!

How can you call any Option QB a good Quarterback? He hardly ever does what a Quarterback is supposed to do! He may be a good athlete, but you can't say he's a good Quarterback.

About all you can say about him is that he's tough as nails for being able to still walk upright after being planted so much.

I'm interested to see if McGee can become an accurate pocket passer under Mike Sherman next season.
If you ever watched McGee in high school, you would know that the A&M offense they've been running wasn't suited for his talents. If the WR's can catch 'em, I can almost guarantee he'll be able to throw 'em.

Big Papa
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$

umm no i wasnt around..this is just another case of you talking down on some one because there younger than you :rolleyes:

Originally posted by g$$

if i care to stay uninformed?..who are you to say who is informed and who isnt....oh and dates i guess by dates you mean these..

Originally posted by g$$
Title IX (1972) - HUGE

oh yep your right...what was i thinking that totally proves your point:rolleyes: ...oh and mentally challenged...lets not get personal here

Originally posted by g$$

stay classy:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

charlesrixey
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
the good thing about fran coaching at smu is that he cant really make them too much worse

i don't have a place in my heart for fran, but he did some great things at TCU

i think he could make SMU respectable

g$$
12-08-2007, 07:02 PM
umm no i wasnt around..this is just another case of you talking down on some one because there younger than you :rolleyes:

if i care to stay uninformed?..who are you to say who is informed and who isnt....oh and dates i guess by dates you mean these..

Then learn something before posting.

Someone with degrees & knowledge regarding this stuff, that's who. All you know is today, nothing else by your posts, & even that is iffy. I'll go head-to-head with almost anyone concerning these dates & what they meant for college athletics. I've studied it, lived it, & worked in it. How's that for a start? Failing to acknowledge these dates & their significance speaks volumes for you. And not unexpected.

And Blue: when you are owned on a thread, you resort to saying "it sucks" or "whatever" or "you're silly".

That holds no water or credence, move along.

JR2004
12-08-2007, 09:01 PM

oh yep your right...what was i thinking that totally proves your point:rolleyes: ...oh and mentally challenged...lets not get personal here

stay classy:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Don't pay poor ol Napoleon no mind. He doesn't know any better.

Big Papa
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Someone with degrees & knowledge regarding this stuff, that's who. All you know is today, nothing else by your posts, & even that is iffy. I'll go head-to-head with almost anyone concerning these dates & what they meant for college athletics. I've studied it, lived it, & worked in it. How's that for a start? Failing to acknowledge these dates & their significance speaks volumes for you. And not unexpected.

And Blue: when you are owned on a thread, you resort to saying "it sucks" or "whatever" or "you're silly".

That holds no water or credence, move along.

yeah nice of you to only quote half of my response..guess you didnt have anything to say about the other half...

Originally posted by g$$

are you insulting my intelligence again???...and i suppose you have a degree in the history of college football since you seem to know so much about it....and again with the dates you talk about and i still have only seen two dates provided from yourself....you make points based on only what you seem to know...and call it facts...granted you post a lot of facts..but not on this subject...you referenced all these "dates" that you cant seem to come up with, and all with that the numerous broadcasters or sportswriters or whomever you talked about.....you sir fail to acknowledge anyone but yourself and for that i am not surprised

g$$
12-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Don't pay poor ol Napoleon no mind. He doesn't know any better.

Weak, & not accurate. Tired line too. 6'1" 195 lbs., you bet.

g$$
12-09-2007, 01:27 AM
yeah nice of you to only quote half of my response..guess you didnt have anything to say about the other half...

are you insulting my intelligence again???...and i suppose you have a degree in the history of college football since you seem to know so much about it....and again with the dates you talk about and i still have only seen two dates provided from yourself....you make points based on only what you seem to know...and call it facts...granted you post a lot of facts..but not on this subject...you referenced all these "dates" that you cant seem to come up with, and all with that the numerous broadcasters or sportswriters or whomever you talked about.....you sir fail to acknowledge anyone but yourself and for that i am not surprised

Yes I am if you can't read & understand black & white proof. It's all there buddy. I gave you dates & historic events. Should I spoon feed you too? Changes started in the late 1960s with integration & continued with Title IX in 1972, scholarship limits in 1975, etc. The playing field leveled for more than 6-8 teams. Landmark legislation & changes to college athletics that changed the landscape forever. It's not that hard. Look it up yourself genius.

Google if all else fails for you.