PDA

View Full Version : dislocated shoulders?

Fal44
12-05-2007, 03:13 PM
anyone had one? cause I do as of last night..:( suggestions?

Old Tiger
12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
be careful with what you do cause it will come out easily again and again and again. I know a guy who dislocated his one week and he was doing a simple task such as shutting a truck door and it came out of place a week later.

sotxrat
12-05-2007, 03:38 PM
did you have to go to a doctor to get it put back in place or did it go back in place pretty quick? Either way i hope it does not keep you out of basketball very long, from what i saw the other day, you really are having a lot of fun. good luck!!!

IHS Fan
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
i did it twice to my right shoulder. both times were impact related. the first time i pulled it back by myself and it hurt like hell for 8 hours. the second time i thought about pulling it back until i put stress on it. then i went to the hospital and let them do it. it was worth the money.
just don't do anything with it for a while. the best thing is put it in a sling if possible for a couple of weeks. then just work back slowly and it will be fine. it has never popped out on its own.

DU_stud04
12-05-2007, 03:42 PM
get it checked that you didnt tear anything. ive dislocated my shoulder three times. take it easy and be careful how you sleep....it sucks waking up and you arm being whacked out.

Dogman_1969
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey I had one almost 7 yrs ago. It happened when I tried to ride my 4 wheeler up the dam of my freshly dug pond by my house. The wheeler rolled backwards and I bailed off backwards landing and dislocating my shoulder.

Wore sling for 3 weeks until I went back to Orthipedic Surgen and he released me to do some physical therapy. Shoulder hurt like He__ for a few days after it happened. Couldn't hardly button my pants, take a shower or etc.

It took about 6 months to get back to somewhat normal. Still have a twinge from time to time. Funny thing is that now when I lift weights my left (injury side) arm and shoulder is the stronger of the 2.

Hang in there, it'll get better..................

UPanIN
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Had one in 9th grade. Came back too fast and was out another 2 weeks. Had to sleep in a recliner for a while. Very painful for me.:weeping:

Maybe I'm just a wuss cause the guys I've seen lately it doesn't seem to effect them much.:thinking:

Just tougher than me I guess.:mad:

88bobcats
12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I suggest you milk it for as much female sympathy as you can get. The way I see it, since you don't have the use of it for athletics.....you might as well use it for somethin' else.

Make sure all the pretty girls know that it's really sore.....but that there was no way in Hell you were going to let that mean (biker, prison guard, longshoreman, etc.) hurt that (nun, puppy, kitten, baby, etc.)

DU_stud04
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
I suggest you milk it for as much female sympathy as you can get. The way I see it, since you don't have the use of it for athletics.....you might as well use it for somethin' else.

Make sure all the pretty girls know that it's really sore.....but that there was no way in Hell you were going to let that mean (biker, prison guard, longshoreman, etc.) hurt that (nun, puppy, kitten, baby, etc.) :clap: :clap: :clap:

lakers
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Very painful. I hurt my shoulder real bad my senior year and had to wear a "restrainer". I had the tell-tell signs of a slight tear on my lebrum. Now-a-days if I just roll on it wrong it will dislocate. Basketball is out of the question. Seems like it comes out 2 or 3 times a month.

At least you dont have the luck of my twin brother. He tore is lebrum in his left shoulder his junior year during football and his senior year he tore his lebrum in his right shoulder during 2 a days on the first day of pads...

Now that is some bad luck...

Mustangpride09
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Don't put any strain on it at all. Once it feels fine, add on about 5 days to that before you try doing any hard physical activity with it.

zebrablue2
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
never had one--- never want one. see a doctor and take it slow..

bigron15
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
in the famous words of "Blades" (the trainer at Sweetwater since FOREVER)

"Heat n' Ice buddy...Heat n' Ice!"

DU_stud04
12-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by bigron15

"Heat n' Ice buddy...Heat n' Ice!" hahahaha :clap: :clap: :clap:

kepdawg
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Duct tape and zip ties will fix anything! :D

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by bigron15

"Heat n' Ice buddy...Heat n' Ice!"

Nothing's changed since 1986 then. :eek:

My elbow was hanging down by my knee after separating mine.
That was my treatment at the field house. Hot tub and then a
bag of ice and then the hot tub and then a bag of ice...................

g$$
12-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Get to an orthopedic soon. You can hurt it worse putting it back in yourself (ligaments, tendons, nerves).

My cousin had to have surgery years ago, as did my Mom last week (inserted screws to stabilize). Very painful then rehab to regain strength & range of motion. Good luck.

catdaddy
12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
What is needed for treatment depends on the severity of the dislocation. There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree separations and they all hurt. However, if it dislocated momentarily and reduced by itself, it's probably just a 1st degree. Anything requiring assistance to reduce should be evaluated by a Dr. (not a trainer)
Once the damage has been assessed and you have the green light to resume physical activity, take some time to learn how to perform rotator cuff excercises properly. Keep in mind, everything in the joint area has been stretched and if you don't strengthen the RC , it's probably going to occur again....just ask everyone that has had one (or more).

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I've never had a dislocated shoulder...but I separated mine about two years ago real bad and it's never been the same since.

Fal44
12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
did you have to go to a doctor to get it put back in place or did it go back in place pretty quick? Either way i hope it does not keep you out of basketball very long, from what i saw the other day, you really are having a lot of fun. good luck!!!

I went to the doctor in kingsville it happened during our game last night, umm they told me 2 weeks of resting it so thats what I plan on doing and some treatment during those 2 weeks from our trainer...

Oh yeah it was really cool meeting someone from the DL, hebbronville tournment..