PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Mexia site

DAWG 54
11-04-2002, 05:44 PM
I was told that they have already planned on playing at SHSU in Huntsville Friday 11/15, at 7:30. Can someone confirm this?

Reveille
11-04-2002, 05:47 PM
54, that is correct. Newton will play that Saturday at 2:00pm against Teague also.

j_dog
11-04-2002, 05:47 PM
DAWG 54:
I was told that they have already planned on playing at SHSU in Huntsville Friday 11/15, at 7:30. Can someone confirm this?Reveille posted the same thing.

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

DAWG 54
11-04-2002, 05:51 PM
Thanks. What have you heard about them (Mexia)?

mwynn05
11-04-2002, 06:07 PM
there decent but they cant play with Jasper

Bulldog92
11-04-2002, 08:56 PM
Do they still have that awful turf there at SHSU? I remember when Jasper used to play Huntsville there every other year and that stuff is dangerous. With Jasper's speed, it would work to their advantage for sure...but I wish they would pull it up in favor of field turf or natural grass.

kepdawg
11-04-2002, 10:00 PM
That's great! I love that stadium and it's easy for me to get to! Thanks for the info, and please keep us updated on any changes.

sphinx-1906
11-05-2002, 10:52 AM
That will be an opportunity to see two great teams at the same site!Jasper and Newton both are definiate contenders for a title, but I hope the Mexia coach doesn't curse jJaspers players! I would hate to see him piss off Jorie or Big Red. That could be bad for him and his players!

j_dog
11-05-2002, 11:27 AM
sphinx-1906:
That will be an opportunity to see two great teams at the same site!Jasper and Newton both are definiate contenders for a title, but I hope the Mexia coach doesn't curse jJaspers players! I would hate to see him piss off Jorie or Big Red. That could be bad for him and his players!Now that might apply to Jorrie. I hear he tends to be somewhat laid-back but don't get him stirred up. Now, I hear Big Red is another story. He will be giving 150% on every play, regardless. Mexia won't need to get him stirred up. I love the stories of him being double and triple teamed and still getting to the QB!

Matthew328
11-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Jasper won't have that big of a speed edge on Mexia...if there is one thing Mexia has it is speed...where Jasper is gonna have the big edge is on the lines..

Matthew328
11-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Jasper won't have that big of a speed edge on Mexia...if there is one thing Mexia has it is speed...where Jasper is gonna have the big edge is on the lines..

southern_thunder
11-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Oh you might be surprised at the speed advantage Jasper will have. Just have to wait and see.

Old Cardinal
11-05-2002, 02:13 PM
Jasper is a 4A contender playing in a 3A Playoff-they are loaded with speed! Mexia and Gatesville are not ready for them!

kepdawg
11-05-2002, 03:41 PM
If it were all about speed, then Jasper would have lots of rings (in football). I think the speed issue is a ridiculous argument myself, but if that's your argument, I guess you can go with it.

<small>[ November 05, 2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: kepdawg ]</small>

oldbuff78
11-05-2002, 03:53 PM
The turf there is great!!

j_dog
11-05-2002, 05:01 PM
kepdawg:
If it were all about speed, then Jasper would have lots of rings (in football). I think the speed issue is a ridiculous argument myself, but if that's your argument, I guess you can go with it.So very true!! If speed alone were to win a state championship in football, Jasper should have at least 4 to go with their 4 state titles in 4a track. Jasper has the speed almost every year. What they have never had before are the OL and DL they have this year.

But, yes it is true. They do have a fair amount of speed this year.

Mexia fans, all kidding aside, Mexia is going to be a good test for Jasper. Best of luck to you!

<small>[ November 05, 2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

mistanice
11-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Don't ever underestimate Mexia, they always tend to suprise people, 2 years ago diboll was 10-0 and ended our hopes in first round of playoffs, last year knocked out a good crockett team. beware.

mwynn05
11-05-2002, 06:27 PM
dont let mexia get any momentum or u are in BIG troublewe were up like 16-6 in the second qtr. and fumbled into our endzone and they picked it up and got the touchback on a touchdown that would have put us up 22 or 23-6 depending on the EP but it didnt happen we got the bal back after stopping them and time ran out so they had a little momentum going into the half and they came out on a TEAR in the third qtr. and beat us in my personal opinon we should have won that game they actually shouldnt have really been n it at half but we let them hang around they got some momentum and took it to us and just plain beat us in the second half so basicly what im saying is mexia is a very emotional team if u get them down then drive down the field on the first drive of the second half then stop them 3 and out or vise versa there finished but if they get some momentum WATCH OUT!!! they can be very good!

rrfann
11-05-2002, 07:20 PM
Jasper 45 Mexia 10 I have seen both teams play and this is no contest. I am being nice with my prediction it could be worse.

southern_thunder
11-05-2002, 07:22 PM
One thing for sure on Friday the 15th we will know if the speed will be a factor. But I dont see it being a close game.

And kepdawg make up your mind are you a Jasper fan or not if you are quit making negative comments, if you are not stay off the band wagon when Jasper does well.

duckbutter
11-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Jasper walks through this one:
Jasper 55
Mexia 12

kepdawg
11-06-2002, 02:22 PM
southern_thunder:
One thing for sure on Friday the 15th we will know if the speed will be a factor. But I dont see it being a close game.

And kepdawg make up your mind are you a Jasper fan or not if you are quit making negative comments, if you are not stay off the band wagon when Jasper does well.Could you please point out my negative comments? I do not understand what you are talking about.

WE KAT
11-06-2002, 04:35 PM
WELL U JASPER FANS THIS THE DATE I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON NOV. 15TH. YES THE TRUTH WILL BE SET FREE AT 10:15 P.M. ON THE 115TH THAT MEXIA IS ALL OF WHAT THEY ARE SUBPOSE TO BE AND THAT IS???????

WE KICK ASS TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER ?????

(WE KAT)

SO WACTH AND SEE CAUSE I MIGHT SEE SOME OF U THERE

BWK/LBP
11-06-2002, 08:11 PM
Dude? You don't know what you are getting yourself into. If Jasper comes to play yall are in trouble I promise. You can't gauge how good jasper is by watching them play a normal team because they aren't motivated but i'll bet my last dollar they will come to play next friday.

mustang04
11-06-2002, 10:34 PM
i honestly dont know anything about how jasper is doing this year, but when i was little and lived in mexia.....there were kids in my class that could haul ass like no other, they have speed i know that for a fact...and since that was one of the many towns i lived in...i hope they win over jasper good luck black cats....GO MUSTANGS...oh yeah...any mexia fans...IM me on aol, my sn is wonderboyham....i wanna see if i meet anybody i used to know

spiveyrat
11-06-2002, 10:49 PM
Jasper by 30!!!

EAGLE89
11-07-2002, 09:52 AM
HEY SPIVEY,
CHECK YOUR P.M.

Reveille
11-07-2002, 03:41 PM
WE KAT:
WELL U JASPER FANS THIS THE DATE I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON NOV. 15TH. YES THE TRUTH WILL BE SET FREE AT 10:15 P.M. ON THE 115TH THAT MEXIA IS ALL OF WHAT THEY ARE SUBPOSE TO BE AND THAT IS???????

WE KICK ASS TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER ?????

(WE KAT)

SO WACTH AND SEE CAUSE I MIGHT SEE SOME OF U THEREYou might want to check with the two Diboll boys,Diboll11 and Lumberjack74 before you start talking to much smack. They had a large helping of crow the Saturday morning after the Jasper game a couple of weeks ago. I am sure your plate can be filled up also. :D

3ABirdMan
11-07-2002, 11:19 PM
Matthew328:
Jasper won't have that big of a speed edge on Mexia...if there is one thing Mexia has it is speed...where Jasper is gonna have the big edge is on the lines..MATT,

Do they (Mexia) have more speed than last year? If equal to or less than last year, they're in big trouble with Jasper. They did not have alot more speed than Bridge City last year, and BC is comparable this year to last.

I haven't seen Jasper, but after what they did to Newton, who I have seen, Mexia doesn't have very much of a chance. Look for a long ride home, BlackCats.

Matthew328
11-07-2002, 11:56 PM
From all reports Mexia was a bit young last year...heck they lost to Forney 56-0! And yet they still made the regional final...From all I have have heard Mexia is a LOT better than last year...but getting Jasper in Rd 1 is a tough break..I think Mexia has enough speed, they may not be able to match Jasper's speed but it won't be a big advantage..Jasper will be able to dominate on both lines though

DibollFan11
11-08-2002, 12:09 AM
go Diboll! :) We have to beat 9-0 newton an hope woodville beats kyrbiville by 15 points or more to advance to the play offs on a 3rd seed.

sphinx-1906
11-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Dear Dibollfan11,
This is a discussion over Jasper and Mexia.This is a post about two football teams IN the playoffs NOT about your hope and dream scenarios on wishing to make the playoffs. You have talked trash about every team you have played in district and Diboll has had posts about wanting to hurt players such as Jaspers quarterback. I don't think anyone on this post cares about your short comings. Personally I hope Newton hands you your ass on a platter.

Reveille
11-08-2002, 02:56 PM
DibollFan11:
go Diboll! :) We have to beat 9-0 newton an hope woodville beats kyrbiville by 15 points or more to advance to the play offs on a 3rd seed.Back at ya 11 playin my heart bleeds for ya. Newton will hand it to you on a silver platter.
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forums/graemlins/violin.gif

spiveyrat
11-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Hey Eagle89! Now YOU check YOUR personal messages!

EAGLE89
11-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Spivey,
I got your P.M. & sent you another.

bearkatdad
11-12-2002, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know if Mexia won their district? Also, who else from their district is in the playoffs?

PappaBear
11-13-2002, 01:04 PM
bearkatdad:
Does anyone know if Mexia won their district? Also, who else from their district is in the playoffs?Yes they won district, I think Teage and fairfield are the other two teams from there district, Kirbyville and Newton are playing them.