PDA

View Full Version : NFL Power Rankings (FOX)

3afan
12-05-2007, 09:06 AM
1 Patriots - Another scare; another victory. With their greatest escape of the year, the Patriots became just the sixth team in NFL history to open the season with 12 wins. Tom Brady was hardly superhuman, but he came up huge when it mattered most. New England marched 73 yards and went 2-2 on fourth down conversions on their game-winning drive. The Pats left fortunate to come out unbeaten. They’ve got the number-ranked Pittsburgh defense this weekend. Should be a good one.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Small/6.gif 2 Cowboys - The Cowboys made a statement on Thursday, getting the best of the Packers in a greatly anticipated clash between the NFC's two top squads. Tony Romo played like he's played all season — magically. The second-year starter completed 19-of-30 passes for 309 yards and four touchdowns in the victory. Dallas extended its best start in franchise history with the win. With four games left, the Cowboys already have their most wins in a season since 1995. That year? The 'Boys won the Super Bowl.

3 Colts - The Colts took firm hold of the AFC South throne and moved closer to a first-round playoff bye with a hard-fought 28-25 win over the surging Jaguars on Sunday. It was Indy's second win over Jacksonville this season, giving the Colts a nice three-game lead (tie-breaker) in the division, with just four games to go. Peyton Manning went 20-29 for 288 yards and four touchdowns in the victory. Don't sleep on the Colts, folks. They've now won three in a row with lowly Baltimore up ahead. A healthy Colts squad peaking come January? Scary stuff.

4 Packers - Though they played well enough considering the circumstances, the Packers fell 37-27 in Dallas on Thursday night. Brett Favre left the game with an injury after struggling mightily, and though Aaron Rodgers looked good in relief, the Packers had no answers whatsoever for Dallas' juggernaut O. The Packers are still in fine shape for the No. 2 seed in the NFC, a home playoff game and a first-round bye.

5 Steelers - The Steelers won another one in the rain on Sunday, beating the rival Bengals 24-10 in an AFC North division showdown. Entering the game, the visiting team had won the last seven meetings between the two squads. That came to an end this week in the Heinz Field slop. Ben Roethlisberger again used both his arm and legs to ensure the victory, tossing for two scores, and running for one. Now 9-3, the Steelers prepare for the latest "Game of the Year" — a Sunday afternoon affair with the Patriots.

6 Jaguars - David Garrard threw his first interception of the season, en route to what should likely end up being an AFC South title-sealing loss for the Jags. Jack Del Rio was realistic about the division title after the game, telling reporters, "In all likelihood, they'll win the division. They still have to play it out, but they deserve it. We didn't quite get it done today, but I saw a lot of good things." Jacksonville's in fine shape, though. In sole possession of the first wild card spot entering Week 14, the Jags take on the banged up Panthers this weekend.

7 Seahawks - Winners of four straight, the Seahawks are now cruising and on the way to a third playoff appearance in as many years. Linebacker Lofa Tatupu intercepted three A.J. Feeley passes, and the Seahawks 1-2 rushing combo of Shaun Alexander and Maurice Morris put up some pretty solid numbers, tallying a total of 129 yards and two touchdowns. Though Green Bay and Dallas will likely lock up the first-round byes, the Seahawks should be in good shape as far as an opening round home playoff game and an NFC West title goes if they can knock off enigmatic Arizona next week.

8 Buccaneers - No Jeff Garcia? No problem. Journeyman quarterback Luke McCown of the World famous McCown brother duo went 29-37 for 313 yards and threw two touchdowns — including a game winner with 17 seconds remaining — in a 27-23 victory over New Orleans. The victory all but ensured an NFC South division crown for the Bucs, as they took a comfortable three-game lead in the standings. With just four games left on the schedule and battles against non-playoff contenders Houston, Atlanta, San Francisco and Carolina up ahead — Tampa fans can safely start looking ahead to January football.

9 Giants - The Eli Manning Face was in full effect for three quarters on Sunday. Yet, after another forgettable few hours of action, the beaten up Giants quarterback ended up on the right side of the scoreboard in a gutsy 21-16 road win in Chicago. Manning's fourth quarter play was superb, culminating in a game-winning drive in the final minutes. A week after he sliced up the Denver special teams, the Giants held Devin Hester to just 35 yards on three punt returns and a kickoff return. As was the case in the Giants' Week 3 victory in Washington, the D came alive in the game's final half. After allowing 214 yards of offense in the first two quarters, the Bears managed just 98 yards in the second half. Giants fans can breathe. Big Blue seems to be in pretty good shape for a wild card spot.

10 Chargers - After starting his coaching career 0-6 against the Chiefs, Norv Turner finally earned a W against Kansas City on Sunday. LaDainian Tomlinson was magnificent in the 24-10 victory, scoring two touchdowns and rushing for 177 yards. For all the criticism and hysteria surrounding the Chargers this season, San Diego's in very good shape to both win its division and host a playoff game this January. The Chargers have won six of their last eight and seem to be just fine.

11-32 HERE (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?MSNHPHCP&Gt1=10734)

wedo
12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I think that the Steelers will beat New England this week

piratebg
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by wedo

I think they can and certainly hope they do. I've never said this before in my life.

GO STEELERS!!!

Hmmm......leaves a funny after taste in my mouth. I need a drink.

JJ7997
12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by wedo

Wont happen, the Pats arent Miami or Cincinnati.

pirate4state
12-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Aren't the Steelers a little banged up??

I don't want the Pats to lose until the Superbowl!! :devil:

BullFrog Dad
12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I thought this was posted yesterday.

pirate4state
12-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
I thought this was posted yesterday. It was. What's your point?

big daddy russ
12-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm conflicted on the issue of the Patriots. Half of me wants them to go undefeated, the other half wants them to lose to the Dolphins, who only collect that single win all season long.

Oh, but the part of me that wants them to go undefeated wants to see them get embarrassed in the first round. :D

BullFrog Dad
12-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It was. What's your point? Actually IT IS the thread that was posted yesterday and I knew that. The board was kind of slow so I thought I'd try to get somebody riled up and it worked!

Big Papa
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Actually IT IS the thread that was posted yesterday and I knew that. The board was kind of slow so I thought I'd try to get somebody riled up and it worked!

it did?..