PDA

View Full Version : Tubbs staying at Auburn...

big daddy russ
12-05-2007, 12:08 AM
The deal keeps him on the Plains through 2011 at an average of $3.3 million per year. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3141776) It also gave raises to his assistants.

This goes out to all the great posters over at TexAgs who knew that Tubbs wasn't the guy for the job there in Aggieland. I agree 100% and I hope everyone keeps thinking that.

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 12:09 AM
BDR...this is news? I heard him almost 2 weeks ago on ESPN XM radio say that he wasn't going anywhere. Bet you're happy though. How bout your Auburn -vs- Clemson matchup? Bet you're stoked!

eagles_victory
12-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
BDR...this is news? I heard him almost 2 weeks ago on ESPN XM radio say that he wasn't going anywhere. Bet you're happy though. How bout your Auburn -vs- Clemson matchup? Bet you're stoked! I heard he might be going to Arkansas last Friday I think because he wasnt happy with his contract at Auburn.

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I heard he might be going to Arkansas last Friday I think because he wasnt happy with his contract at Auburn.

I think he's happy now.

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I heard he might be going to Arkansas last Friday I think because he wasnt happy with his contract at Auburn. yeah...he had mentioned that in the interview..but said they were in the works of getting it settled and he wasn't goin anywhere. Who knows..he may of come close..but from his own mouth he said he wasn't and I believed him.

big daddy russ
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
BDR...this is news? I heard him almost 2 weeks ago on ESPN XM radio say that he wasn't going anywhere. Bet you're happy though. How bout your Auburn -vs- Clemson matchup? Bet you're stoked!
He just signed it today according to media reports.

And yeah, I wish I was in the Atlanta area for that game. Definitely one of the better Bowl Games this year and basically a home game for us (it's roughly an hour and a half drive from Auburn to Atlanta). Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, but I'll be there in spirit.

If I do anything this postseason, I'll probably wind up just down the road at the Alamo Bowl. Looks like Brad's getting a little group together for a road trip. Also been offered tix to the Houston Bowl, so I may be there as well. UH vs. TCU. Tommy should be playing, so it'll be good to finally watch him play a college game.

IHStangFan
12-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He just signed it today according to media reports.

And yeah, I wish I was in the Atlanta area for that game. Definitely one of the better Bowl Games this year and basically a home game for us (it's roughly an hour and a half drive from Auburn to Atlanta). Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, but I'll be there in spirit.

If I do anything this postseason, I'll probably wind up just down the road at the Alamo Bowl. Looks like Brad's getting a little group together for a road trip. Also been offered tix to the Houston Bowl, so I may be there as well. UH vs. TCU. Tommy should be playing, so it'll be good to finally watch him play a college game. DAMN you..and here I haven't been to a college game all year....how do you always pull these tickets outa your buttcrack?

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 12:18 AM
I went to the Hawaii Bowl for free 2 years ago. It was pretty fun. I hadn't ever been to a big-time college game before that.

big daddy russ
12-05-2007, 12:20 AM
DAMN you..and here I haven't been to a college game all year....how do you always pull these tickets outa your buttcrack?
I may be a poor white boy, but I got connections. :D

I worked with the Texans this summer and they put the Houston Bowl (or is it Texas Bowl now? I can't keep up) on. As far as A&M games, I rarely spend more than $20 on tix. What's even sweeter is that Alamo Bowl Tix are cheaper than home tix, so I'm thinking I could get there day of and find some in the $10 range.

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 12:21 AM
I may be a poor white boy, but I got connections. :D

I worked with the Texans this summer and they put the Houston Bowl (or is it Texas Bowl now? I can't keep up) on. As far as A&M games, I rarely spend more than $20 on tix. What's even sweeter is that Alamo Bowl Tix are cheaper than home tix, so I'm thinking I could get there day of and find some in the $10 range.

what did you do with the Texans?

big daddy russ
12-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
what did you do with the Texans?
I just worked with their PR department. Did some stuff for the team itself, training camp, etc, and a couple of other things like worked the Gold Cup at Reliant. The Gold Cup was honestly the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event, and as a former member of the media, I've been to quite a few.

But I wasn't important, haha. Just a peon helping out, trying to get my name out there.

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I just worked with their PR department. Did some stuff for the team itself, training camp, etc, and a couple of other things like worked the Gold Cup at Reliant. The Gold Cup was honestly the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event, and as a former member of the media, I've been to quite a few.

But I wasn't important, haha. Just a peon helping out, trying to get my name out there.

That's pretty cool. I've been to a few practices here and there. I was surprised to see how thin in the waist Mario Williams was. He's ripped, but surprisingly thin in the waist for 294 pounds.

big daddy russ
12-05-2007, 12:29 AM
That's pretty cool. I've been to a few practices here and there. I was surprised to see how thin in the waist Mario Williams was. He's ripped, but surprisingly thin in the waist for 294 pounds.
He's a hoss. The defensive coaches that I was around talked like he was their best defensive player. I don't know if I'd put him ahead of Dunta Robinson, but he's really stepped up this year. Has definitely become more than just a force against the run and is turning into the disruptive player they were banking on when they got him out of college.

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 12:31 AM
He's a hoss. The defensive coaches that I was around talked like he was their best defensive player. I don't know if I'd put him ahead of Dunta Robinson, but he's really stepped up this year. Has definitely become more than just a force against the run and is turning into the disruptive player they were banking on when they got him out of college.

Exactly. We've all been waiting for him to wake up and play football. He's finally done it. Now he just has to keep going and getting better every day. 8.5 sacks...ABOUT TIME someone on the Texans D had more than 5.

big daddy russ
12-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Exactly. We've all been waiting for him to wake up and play football. He's finally done it. Now he just has to keep going and getting better every day. 8.5 sacks...ABOUT TIME someone on the Texans D had more than 5.
He was actually the third-best defender on the team last year according to one assistant, and I agree with him. Not that the Texans had a lot to work with and third-best was anything great, but he was a stud against the run, that foot injury just limited him off the line.

Now he just needs to work on his consistency.