PDA

View Full Version : Texas' Griffin wins Draddy Award as top scholar-athlete

kepdawg
12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Griffin wins Draddy Award as top scholar-athlete

Associated Press

Updated: December 4, 2007, 10:10 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Texas center Dallas Griffin won the Draddy Award as the top scholar-athlete in college football.

Griffin, a senior, was honored by the National Football Foundation at its Hall of Fame induction banquet Wednesday night at the Waldorf-Astoria in midtown Manhattan.

Griffin has already graduated with a double major in business and finance and is enrolled in UT's MBA program.

Fifteen other players were nominated from all levels of college football for the so-called academic Heisman.

The finalists from the Bowl Subdivision were Washington State quarterback Alex Brink, Notre Dame tight end John Carlson, Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon, Iowa linebacker Mike Klinkenborg, Illinois linebacker J Leman, Rutgers linebacker Brandon Renkart, Tulsa quarterback Paul Smith and Kentucky tight end Jacob Tamme.

The Championship Subdivision finalists were Texas State defensive end Nick Clark and Dayton safety Brandon Cramer.

Delta State linebacker Michael Eubanks and Chadron State running back Danny Woodhead were the Division II finalists. Woodhead set an all-division career rushing record this season.

Representing Division III were Mount Union center Eric Safran and Illinois College defensive back Jake Weller.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3141870)

buff4life
12-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Thatta kid...you almost scared me and i thought that Marcus Griffin had won it...

WylieBulldog92
12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Thatta kid...you almost scared me and i thought that Marcus Griffin had won it...
That almost caught me by surprise as well!

kepdawg
12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Why would it have been a surprise if it would have been Marcus? :confused: