PDA

View Full Version : 2007 All-District 23-3A Team

TexasHSFootball
12-04-2007, 09:19 PM
2007 All-District Team: 23-3A (http://www.texashsfootball.com/awards/alldistrict07/dist233a.htm)

LHPantherfanII
12-04-2007, 09:23 PM
What is the 2007 All District Team: 18- 3A?

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by LHPantherfanII
What is the 2007 All District Team: 18- 3A?
It won't be released until after our last game.

Bull19
12-04-2007, 09:51 PM
really no suprises with the selections

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
really no suprises with the selections

Huge surprise with the District MVP. I was really expecting Xavier Canto or Dexter Pratt. I think our center should have been first team as well. I don't know if these people actually watched our games against district opponents.

Bull19
12-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Huge surprise with the District MVP. I was really expecting Xavier Canto or Dexter Pratt. I think our center should have been first team as well. I don't know if these people actually watched our games against district opponents.

:rolleyes:

TexasHSFootball
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Don't shoot the messenger but the list was created by the 23-3A Head Coaches themselves. If you have an issue, take it up with the six head coaches in the district.

TexanFan4Life
12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
District MVP is a horrible pick. Giddings' offense runs just as well with Locke in from the one and a half games I saw with Locke playing QB.

District MVP deserved to be Garrett Nunn, hands down.

WylieBulldog92
12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Dexter Pratt didn't make either of the district teams did he?

buff4life
12-04-2007, 11:25 PM

Think about it...whether Giddings fans like it or not..Fitz is a HUGE part of the offense while Navasota and Caldwell seem to spread it around somemore...and since the coaches voted for who got what, I'm pretty sure they watched the games...

buff4life
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Dexter Pratt didn't make either of the district teams did he?

He was Co-Offensive MVP..therefore he doesn't qualify for another position..

TexanFan4Life
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Think about it...whether Giddings fans like it or not..Fitz is a HUGE part of the offense while Navasota and Caldwell seem to spread it around somemore...and since the coaches voted for who got what, I'm pretty sure they watched the games...

haha I knew someone would reel you in with an anti-Giddings remark.

buff4life
12-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
haha I knew someone would reel you in with an anti-Giddings remark.

they always do...if its a deserved Giddings comment i'll live with it, but biased ones bother me...

TexanFan4Life
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM
they always do...if its a deserved Giddings comment i'll live with it, but biased ones bother me...

I wonder if Brock can back out of his UT commit. He's only given them a verbal, right? I'm thinking if Paul Johnson leaves Navy for SMU, then SMU would be the perfect place for Brock to make an impact.

buff4life
12-04-2007, 11:34 PM
I wonder if Brock can back out of his UT commit. He's only given them a verbal, right? I'm thinking if Paul Johnson leaves Navy for SMU, then SMU would be the perfect place for Brock to make an impact.

If Johnson leaves Navy for SMU he won't run that offense, he'll implement something else due to a rise in talent...

WylieBulldog92
12-04-2007, 11:34 PM
He was Co-Offensive MVP..therefore he doesn't qualify for another position..
I never knew that, thanks.

buff4life
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
and BTW Congrats to all of the Giddings players to be placed on the All-District teams...

Shout out to the only freshman on the list Eric Rimes who i coached in baseball this year in little league...

Old Tiger
12-04-2007, 11:36 PM
I wonder if Brock can back out of his UT commit. He's only given them a verbal, right? I'm thinking if Paul Johnson leaves Navy for SMU, then SMU would be the perfect place for Brock to make an impact. That's idiotic. Go from school with the facilities and education level of Texas to SMU? Dumb

TexanFan4Life
12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
That's idiotic. Go from school with the facilities and education level of Texas to SMU? Dumb

Think about it. If Johnson gets the job, he'd probably install the Flex Bone.

Old Tiger
12-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Think about it. If Johnson gets the job, he'd probably install the Flex Bone. And? He can get a better education at UT and much much finer facilities. From what I hear he is excited about the move to WR and is already trying to work on it

Bull19
12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
And? He can get a better education at UT and much much finer facilities. From what I hear he is excited about the move to WR and is already trying to work on it

move to wr? is he tall enough to really have an impact at that position at the next level?

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
move to wr? is he tall enough to really have an impact at that position at the next level?

If he gets his vertical up to about 46" and puts on about 20 pounds while still staying in the 4.3 - 4.4 range.

navscanmaster
12-05-2007, 12:28 AM
If he gets his vertical up to about 46" and puts on about 20 pounds while still staying in the 4.3 - 4.4 range.

:eek: :eek:

Asking a lot of the lad aren't you!!!

Overall, the list looks pretty good. I do think Kaspar from Navasota was first team quality, but the coaches know more about their players than I do. He deserved recognition and got it though, so nothing is wrong with that. Only thing I really pondered was the Tight end selection. I really though Mueller was tops in the district. Both picks are good picks, though, so once again, nothing wrong. Mueller still has plenty of PT ahead of him to earn that first team spot.

TexanFan4Life
12-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
:eek: :eek:

Asking a lot of the lad aren't you!!!

I'm just saying what it would probably take. Little tiny WRs don't normally make big impacts. Okay, so he could probably do with 42" on his vertical.
;)

Bulligator
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I did a quick review of the underclassmen, and this is how they look returning next year.

Bellville - 3 on offense, 4 on defense

Caldwell - 3 on offense, 2 on defense

Giddings - 3 on offense, 2 on defense

La Grange - 1 on defense

Navasota - 6 on offense, 2 on defense

Smithville - 1 on offense, 1 on defense

Navasota leads with 8, Bellville follows with 7, Caldwell and Giddings 5 each, Smithville 2 and La Grange 1.

navscanmaster
12-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
I did a quick review of the underclassmen, and this is how they look returning next year.

Bellville - 3 on offense, 4 on defense

Caldwell - 3 on offense, 2 on defense

Giddings - 3 on offense, 2 on defense

La Grange - 1 on defense

Navasota - 6 on offense, 2 on defense

Smithville - 1 on offense, 1 on defense

Navasota leads with 8, Bellville follows with 7, Caldwell and Giddings 5 each, Smithville 2 and La Grange 1.
So that said, if our district stayed the same next year, how would you pick the district finish for 2008?

Me, I would have to go with:

1. Navasota
2. Giddings
3. Bellville
4. Caldwell
5. La Grange
6. Smithville

Bulligator
12-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I would probably rank them about the same, with a little more review needed based on the positions. I know Bellville, Giddings and La Grange lose their quarterbacks. Not sure about Caldwell or Smithville. Bellville has been in the position of one year starters at quarterback for a few years, and there really isn't a strong candidate for next year. But, with Nunn returning and the two sophs that made Hon. Mention, all they would need to do is hand the ball off.

Navasota sure looks like the team to beat next year, with Pratt, Jackson, Stokes, Thomas, and Lamascus returning on offense. The extra practice and games in the playoffs are also a big bonus for next year.

With all that talent, I bet the other teams are hoping Navasota moves to another district.

zebrablue2
12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
That's idiotic. Go from school with the facilities and education level of Texas to SMU? Dumb

IMHO. if he wants to play football in college, he should pick another school. many kids come to texas that run 4.2 or 4.3 from 4 and 5a schools. he is a great kid, and a hard worker, and I wish him all the best, but if he wants to play on saturday's, go somewhere else. hope he proves me wrong and is a star at UT. JMO.

HEMOTOXIC
12-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
So that said, if our district stayed the same next year, how would you pick the district finish for 2008?

Me, I would have to go with:

1. Navasota
2. Giddings
3. Bellville
4. Caldwell
5. La Grange
6. Smithville

Looks preaty good to me, but, I doubt very seriously that the district will remain the same. Also, from what I hear, Nunn is suppose to transfer to Brenham. I would probably move La Grange up to the #3 or the #4 spot if the district were to stay the same. In addition, I am not sure who is coming back for the Smithville Tigers, but they sure look darn good to be a last place team.

KL3
12-08-2007, 01:19 PM
It will be Navasota and Bellville and then a drop-off with the 3-6 spots.

navscanmaster
12-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by KL3
It will be Navasota and Bellville and then a drop-off with the 3-6 spots.

I believe that Giddings will still be sound defensively next year, so they will be in every game, and should win most of them if they keep a ball control offense like they had this year. Bellville should have more success next year whether Nunn is back or not. Caldwell is a big "IF" in my book. Nobody thought they were going anywhere this year either, but they steamrolled through the regular season. La Grange should once again be a good defensive team, so if they can put some things together in the passing game again, they have an outside shot. Smithville, unfortunately, will probably still lack depth and bid farewell by the third quarter, even though they will play their hearts out.

That said, Navasota might fall from the top if they don't make BIG, BIG adjustments on defense. The athletes were there, but aggressiveness, hustling even when the play is across the field, and ability to adjust quickly were not there.