PDA

View Full Version : seriously ravens (bart scott).....come on

football4life
12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
all afternoon on the espn shows its continuous conspiiracy talk and whining about the calls that "caused" them to lose the game. give me a break. tony put it best on PTI, "nobody loses, nobody wins, and everybody gets hosed"

bart scott was just on sportscenter, talking about the 3 calls on the last drive:

for the timeout: "conveniently they blew the whistle after the play started, obviously Tom Brady didn't hear it since he kept running" (as he says this they show the referee waving his arms from the sideline before the snap)

for the false start: "again they conveniently threw the flag after he had already been stopped" (again they show the play being blown dead prior, as well as the guard blatantly jumping out early)

for the holding: "i'm still trying to figure out where the holding was on that play" (as they show #28 mauling #84 down the field)

I had no bias in this game, just liked the exciting ending, and I understand it was emotional for the ravens and blah blah, but get ahold of yourself man, have some control over yourself (throwing an officials flag? that's unheard of!) and seriously sit down and try to watch some film or something before spouting off your emotionally biased opinions from your limited vantage point, it's already the day after. alright, thats it.

Maroon87
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by football4life
all afternoon on the espn shows its continuous conspiiracy talk and whining about the calls that "caused" them to lose the game. give me a break. tony put it best on PTI, "nobody loses, nobody wins, and everybody gets hosed"

bart scott was just on sportscenter, talking about the 3 calls on the last drive:

for the timeout: "conveniently they blew the whistle after the play started, obviously Tom Brady didn't hear it since he kept running" (as he says this they show the referee waving his arms from the sideline before the snap)

for the false start: "again they conveniently threw the flag after he had already been stopped" (again they show the play being blown dead prior, as well as the guard blatantly jumping out early)

for the holding: "i'm still trying to figure out where the holding was on that play" (as they show #28 mauling #84 down the field)

I had no bias in this game, just liked the exciting ending, and I understand it was emotional for the ravens and blah blah, but get ahold of yourself man, have some control over yourself (throwing an officials flag? that's unheard of!) and seriously sit down and try to watch some film or something before spouting off your emotionally biased opinions from your limited vantage point, it's already the day after. alright, thats it.

I wanted the Ravens to win too but to say the refs handed the Pats the win is ridiculous.

Stownhorse
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by football4life

Who wastes their time watching PTI? I cant sit there for 30 min. listening to 2 guys bickering.

football4life
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Who wastes their time watching PTI? I cant sit there for 30 min. listening to 2 guys bickering.

i do

Astrosdawg07
12-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Ya me too, I enjoy PTI.

eagles_victory
12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
the only thing i didnt like was the holding call that was pretty weak to call in that situation

VAMike
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
In an interview with one of the Ravens (Rolle) he said (regarding the holding call)...."In a game of this magnitude, you don't make that kind of call,"

To me, that means he is admitting it was a foul just saying it should not be flagged, unless of course the Ravens were playing the Miami Dolphins, in which case it would have been okay.

zebrablue2
12-04-2007, 08:21 PM
shot themselves in the foot calling the timeout on 4th down. thats where the game was lost.

HM33
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I thought all the calls were good calls. It is the Ravens fault. You can't consistantly hand the ball back to the opposing team and NOT expect them to score, expecially the Patriots.

DU_stud04
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Who wastes their time watching PTI? I cant sit there for 30 min. listening to 2 guys bickering. i do....right before i go work out.....usually ticks me off they cant hear my comments so after i bash the tv i go bash some weights

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Ya me too, I enjoy PTI. Tony Combover drives me nuts. I like the idea of the show..but that guy and his mad scientist haircut make my skin crawl.

JasperDog94
12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
shot themselves in the foot calling the timeout on 4th down. thats where the game was lost. The guys on the radio this morning were saying that according to NFL rules the only person that can call a timeout from the sidelines is the head coach.