PDA

View Full Version : Snyder/Vernon pregame meal @ Lytle

STANG RED
12-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Several of us are already getting together at 5:30 at Lytle Land & Cattle for a pregame meal. I dont think they take reservations, but I will be there about 5:15 to get a table. If any of the rest of you are interested, let me know. If I can get a large enough head count, they may let me reserve several tables in one section. If you've never been there, they have the best steaks in Abilene, but they have lots of other stuff as well, and it's all very good. Not the cheapest place in town, but the food is excellent!

Here is their web address if you want to go look.
http://www.lytlelandandcattle.com/

DaHop72
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
+3

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
My two firends and I might come but I don't know for sure...

Ill let you know Thurs. or somthing

STANG RED
12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
C'mon Vernonites! Us west Texans dont bite. We may nibble a bit though.

Stownhorse
12-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
C'mon Vernonites! Us west Texans dont bite. We may nibble a bit though.

To expensive for a college scholar like me. Plus I have to save. Ive got the snyder game then the drive to ft. worth for wylie!

lion75
12-04-2007, 03:31 PM
C'mon Vernonites! Us west Texans dont bite. We may nibble a bit though. I have to go from Plano to TCU and get my daughter, then Jacksboro to pick up a friend (that was nice enough to drive me to Lubbock for the SW game), then go to Abilene. Heck to get there by 5:15 I would have to leave at 1:00. But I'd like to make it. No promises but I might come down for the M&G again.

nobogey72
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm doing good to get away from MYHO (wife) to go to the game, I'm afraid a pre-game meal might cause her to have one of her "spells".:helpme: :helpme:

STANG RED
12-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
To expensive for a college scholar like me. Plus I have to save. Ive got the snyder game then the drive to ft. worth for wylie!
I believe they have a $5 burger deal for poor college types. So you have no excuse.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I am hoping to just get there by kickoff!!

Stownhorse
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I believe they have a $5 burger deal for poor college types. So you have no excuse.

lol I'll see if I can get a posse, might be me and bigron15.

DaHop72
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
My two firends and I might come but I don't know for sure...

Ill let you know Thurs. or somthing
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4730/tribeej3.gif

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4730/tribeej3.gif

Im not saying i'll be there cause I probally won't but we might be

STANG RED
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM
lol I'll see if I can get a posse, might be me and bigron15.

Yall just come on. I'll help you boys out. I'll get 1/2 your ticket and all the tip. How's that? Heck you can get the best and biggest steak they have and only spend about 13 to 14 bucks. Or a burger will only be 2 to 3 bucks. You cant pass up a deal like that.

Sounds like 5:30 is a bit early for most. Let's make it 6:00. I'll still be there about 5:45 to make sure they dont give our table away. I was able to get a reservation.

bigron15
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
i like joe allens better than lytle. they never seem to get your steak right a lytle

DaHop72
12-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Yall just come on. I'll help you boys out. I'll get 1/2 your ticket and all the tip. How's that? Heck you can get the best and biggest steak they have and only spend about 13 to 14 bucks. Or a burger will only be 2 to 3 bucks. You cant pass up a deal like that.

Sounds like 5:30 is a bit early for most. Let's make it 6:00. I'll still be there about 5:45 to make sure they dont give our table away. I was able to get a reservation. I'm with Stang Red, come on and join us stown and bigron.

bigron15
12-05-2007, 11:56 PM
i dont even know if i am going anymore...gotsta save some money for when we go to florida. maybe my dad will drive and i can ride with him...dont want to use my gas. i really want to go though

DaHop72
12-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
i dont even know if i am going anymore...gotsta save some money for when we go to florida. maybe my dad will drive and i can ride with him...dont want to use my gas. i really want to go though I'm going through Sweetwater to pick up GetRDoneStangs. I will have room for you if you want to go with us. Lil Hop will have his PS2 going.:D

bigron15
12-06-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm going through Sweetwater to pick up GetRDoneStangs. I will have room for you if you want to go with us. Lil Hop will have his PS2 going.:D

what time? ps2 on the little drive to Abilene? Me and Stown brought a tv and my ps2 when we trecked all the way to canyon last year. mom was driving and didnt notice the tv til we were out of town lol

DU_stud04
12-06-2007, 12:09 AM
what time? ps2 on the little drive to Abilene? Me and Stown brought a tv and my ps2 when we trecked all the way to canyon last year. mom was driving and didnt notice the tv til we were out of town lol hahaha, wow.

IHStangFan
12-06-2007, 12:10 AM
does anyone know of a link to a webcast for this game? If so send it to me or please add it to the week 4 broadcast thread at the top of the main forum page.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Well I won't be at this place to eat but I'll be at the game

bigron15
12-06-2007, 02:05 AM
what about the meet and greet?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-06-2007, 02:07 AM
what about the meet and greet?

Yea fool i'll be there.

Are you sittin on snyders side?

bigron15
12-06-2007, 02:09 AM
idk...if i hitch a ride with DaHop then yea. if i go, i will sit on the snyder side

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-06-2007, 02:12 AM
idk...if i hitch a ride with DaHop then yea. if i go, i will sit on the snyder side

oh so you don't even kno if your coming to the game yet?

bigron15
12-06-2007, 02:48 AM
naw its still up in the air. its more than likely though that i will be there

Tiger Baseball
12-06-2007, 06:06 AM
OK whats the deal here? Region 1 Championship game and all yall can talk about is pre-game food. :D :D

STANG RED
12-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
OK whats the deal here? Region 1 Championship game and all yall can talk about is pre-game food. :D :D

I hear your gonna be unsociable and do the Abuelo's thing. Well fine then. But your gonna miss the necked dancin girls and mud wrestling.:p

Stownhorse
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm with Stang Red, come on and join us stown and bigron.

You gunna foot the rest of my bill? lmao

I cant let yall boys do that, I'll cover for myself. Gotta check the bank(parents) first.

Black_Magic
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Yall just come on. I'll help you boys out. I'll get 1/2 your ticket and all the tip. How's that? I think that will be a great place for a pregam meal. it would save Snyder some money on it as well from the sound of your offer. Go ahead and plan for another 70... I will let them know about your offer. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

Stownhorse
12-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I think that will be a great place for a pregam meal. it would save Snyder some money on it as well from the sound of your offer. Go ahead and plan for another 70... I will let them know about your offer. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

Yea its too bad you couldn't be there. :devil:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-06-2007, 02:44 PM
naw its still up in the air. its more than likely though that i will be there

:cool: :cool: :cool:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball

LOL

Dominicfrank
12-06-2007, 02:51 PM
There is going to be a good group eating a big lunch at Massaro's in Vernon before they head out to the game.

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Here is what I have so far

STANG RED (+ the mrs. maybe)
DaHop72 +2
GetRdoneStangs +2
nobogey72
Texasfootball2 ?
bigron15 ?
stownhorse ?
garciap77 ?
SNYDER325TIGERS +2 ???

Thats 8 for sure, and 8 maybes. Can you maybes confirm please?
Did I miss anyone?

Ranger Mom
12-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I may show up, but I won't be able to confirm it til the very last minute!!

It is all going to depend on whether I will be able to got off early or not.

Is this place fairly close to the stadium??

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I may show up, but I won't be able to confirm it til the very last minute!!

It is all going to depend on whether I will be able to got off early or not.

Is this place fairly close to the stadium??

It's about 2 to 3 blocks west of the stadium. Less than 5 minutes. Go to this website to check it out.

http://lytlelandandcattle.com/

Ranger Mom
12-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks!!

I will call you if we are going to be there. If I can leave here between 3:00 - 3:30 and be on the road by 4:00 at the latest, we should be able to be there!

Stownhorse
12-07-2007, 10:52 AM

DaHop72 +2
GetRdoneStangs +2
nobogey72
Texasfootball2 ?
bigron15 ?
stownhorse ?
garciap77 ?
SNYDER325TIGERS +2 ???

Did I miss anyone?

I'm in.

Texasfootball2
12-07-2007, 11:01 AM

DaHop72 +2
GetRdoneStangs +2
nobogey72
Texasfootball2 ?
bigron15 ?
stownhorse ?
garciap77 ?
SNYDER325TIGERS +2 ???

Did I miss anyone?

Hey Stang, I'm working on it as we speak. If I had a new hack saw blade it would be easier to cut this chain my wife has around me. I still have a couple of hours to work on it. If my escape is successful I'll definitley be there. Would be nice to put a face:thinking: with some names for a change:D

Somebody please

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :foul:

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 11:02 AM
If you want, I can place your order when your getting close and it should be ready when yall walk in. Take a look at the menu on the website. It's all good!

Thanks!!

I will call you if we are going to be there. If I can leave here between 3:00 - 3:30 and be on the road by 4:00 at the latest, we should be able to be there!

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I have an industrial grade Milwaukee portable bandsaw with a new blade out in the shop. I'll load it up and head your way. If the chains are too hard, we can just whittle down the flesh till we get you loose. I'm here for ya man.:D

Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Hey Stang, I'm working on it as we speak. If I had a new hack saw blade it would be easier to cut this chain my wife has around me. I still have a couple of hours to work on it. If my escape is successful I'll definitley be there. Would be nice to put a face:thinking: with some names for a change:D

Somebody please

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :foul:

Texasfootball2
12-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I have an industrial grade Milwaukee portable bandsaw with a new blade out in the shop. I'll load it up and head your way. If the chains are too hard, we can just whittle down the flesh till we get you loose. I'm here for ya man.:D

That's why our love our friends to the west (they be in region 1 you know), your truely a Man's - Man. Unlike those to the EAST :foul: which at the moment would be those from region 2:D

Butkus
12-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Wonder ifin ole str an his miss is gonna make tha meal and tha meet and greet.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
12-07-2007, 11:21 AM
If you want, I can place your order when your getting close and it should be ready when yall walk in. Take a look at the menu on the website. It's all good!

Awesome, I printed it out and will show my husband and see what he wants to do!

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Awesome, I printed it out and will show my husband and see what he wants to do!

Here's the easiest way to get there. Get off I20 on Loop 322 on the far east side of Abilene. Head south, exit at the Airport exit (Hwy 36). Head west into town, go past the park on your right and Shotwell on the left. At the traffic light turn right then a quick right into the parking lot. Corner of Judge Ely Blvd, & East South 11th. You'll be coming in on ES 11th. It's probably about a mile from Loop 322 at the most.

Call me when you first hit the west side of Abilene. That ought to time it just about right.

Stownhorse
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Even easier I think, would be to take exit 288 and turn right onto Judge Ely, go straight till you see to ES 11 th and Lytle will be on the coner to your left. Coming from the west that is.

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Even easier I think, would be to take exit 288 and turn right onto Judge Ely, go straight till you see to ES 11 th and Lytle will be on the coner to your left. Coming from the west that is.

That has gotten real congested lately with all the new construction in that area. Loop 322 is clear sailing all the way, and very little traffic.

Texasfootball2
12-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Here's the best way!

OK, Exit Old Anson road ( regardless of which way your coming in on I20)
Go about 2 miles south
Turn Left on Amlber
After six blocks turn back South on Grape.
Go through Eight lights and turn left on N. 6th.
You will be traveling thru the historic and scenic downtown area of Abline at the point. Don't worry though, if you travel "excatly" 25 mph you will hit all the lights perfectly.
After you come down off of the high it will give you from cheating the lights thru downtown Abilene turn right on Treadway.
Pay close attention, because this is where it gets a little hairy.
When you get to the Mixmaster as we call it @ East Hwy 80 & N. 2nd stay straight and enjoy the ride down hill under the railroad track ( I love that part:cheerl: )
Veer to the left and then keep to the right.
You'll know if you executed this properly if you cross some railroad tracks. If you don't cross the tracks "WELL":foul: Your screwed :devil: call 911.
If you cross the tracks:clap: continue on to S. 11th.
Turn left on S. 11th and check your speedometer.
Besure to obey the speed laws goin do S. 11th because it's speed trap. (what makes it such a successful speed trap is that there are no dognut shops on this street so you don't expect there to be any FUZZ)
If you make it thru successfully:clap: when you get to Judge Ely Blvd. you will see the Lytle Land & Cattle Co. to the NE.:thumbsup:

If your still reading this............Please don't show up:mad: I don't like assosiating with:crazy: people. I already have to live with myself:)

Ranger Mom
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Here's the best way!

Go about 2 miles south
Turn Left on Amlber
You will be traveling thru the historic and scenic downtown area of Abline at the point. Don't worry though, if you travel "excatly" 25 mph you will hit all the lights perfectly.
After you come down off of the high it will give you from cheating the lights thru downtown Abilene turn right on Treadway.
When you get to the Mixmaster as we call it @ East Hwy 80 & N. 2nd stay straight and enjoy the ride down hill under the railroad track ( I love that part:cheerl: )
You'll know if you executed this properly if you cross some railroad tracks. If you don't cross the tracks "WELL":foul: Your screwed :devil: call 911.
Besure to obey the speed laws goin do S. 11th because it's speed trap. (what makes it such a successful speed trap is that there are no dognut shops on this street so you don't expect there to be any FUZZ)
If you make it thru successfully:clap: when you get to Judge Ely Blvd. you will see the Lytle Land & Cattle Co. to the NE.:thumbsup:

If your still reading this............Please don't show up:mad: I don't like assosiating with:crazy: people. I already have to live with myself:)

Umm....no offense...but I think I will be following STANG RED's directions!!

Thanks just the same though!!;)

STANG RED
12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Here's the best way!

Go about 2 miles south
Turn Left on Amlber

I must be crazy as a loon, because I followed your directions perfectly.:eek:
But I know Abilene very well. I wouldnt advise those directions to a visitor or to any sane person. They will be insane before getting half way there.