PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer...you may THINK you're the home team...

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
but you're not!!! :eek::eek::eek:

http://xs322.xs.to/xs322/07492/WYLIEBIRDVILLE2.jpg

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
:thinking: :thinking: That's a small visitors side!! :eek: :eek:

buff4life
12-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Visitors side looks fairly tall...

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
The listed capacity is 12,000

7,000 home
5,000 visitor

buff4life
12-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The listed capacity is 12,000

7,000 home
5,000 visitor

what stadium is this?

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Birdville ISD

BMOC
12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
NICE!!!!:clap:

3afan
12-04-2007, 12:30 PM

shouldn't the helmet be facing the home stands? :thinking: its upside down!

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

no...cuz Wylie is the "home team"...we just gave Gilmer the bigger seating area this time! ;);)

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

It's like a magnet. It faces true north:thinking:

After being at the Gilmer game last Sat. and seeing the following they have, much like Wylie. This stadium may not hold everybody which would make the atmosphere unbelievalbe. I would love to see some people standing around the endzones. The Birdville ISD does a great job hosting games.

Gsquared
12-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

After being at the Gilmer game last Sat. and seeing the following they have, much like Wylie. This stadium may not hold everybody which would make the atmosphere unbelievalbe. I would love to see some people standing around the endzones. The Birdville ISD does a great job hosting games.
Birdville is Gatesvilles home field :clap: Just playin Bulldog fans

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

and Gainesville... ;);)

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

Ouch! you have quite a memory:clap:

But if I remember correctly we played an Everman team (which was very similiar to this Gilmer team) and we were the Visitors that night and I guess you know the outcome! If fact it was the only time that I can remember being the visitors at this stadium.

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Ouch! you have quite a memory:clap:

But if I remember correctly we played an Everman team (which was very similiar to this Gilmer team) and we were the Visitors that night and I guess you know the outcome! If fact it was the only time that I can remember being the visitors at this stadium.

Wylie has been the visiting team 2 times...both vs Everman...

Wylie 20
Everman 13

Everman 37
Wylie 0

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Wylie 20
Everman 13

Everman 37
Wylie 0

I don't remember the '02 game, and I know I wasn't there, but then again if I was there I could see why I would have forgotten it.:D

Gsquared
12-04-2007, 01:00 PM

Wylie 20
Everman 13

Everman 37
Wylie 0
I was at both those everman/wylie games and the Gatesville/Wylie game. I was at the Wylie/Gainesville game at Texas Stadium. I remember that Gatesville game, was at the stadium at wayyyy early at 5 and could barely find a seat on the Wylie side. Wylie brought tons of people, and were rowdy! Haha, I loved it! Wylie had that big read headed beast of a RB/LB

rangerjoe33
12-04-2007, 01:27 PM
What is funny is I went to google maps yesterday and did the same view of the stadium...what I hate about about google maps is the farther out you get from the large cities you get less detail...the resolution of the satellite images is not as good and the zoom level is not as good.

rangerjoe33
12-04-2007, 01:45 PM

I was thinking the same thing...this stadium is not going to hold everyone. A lot like last week Caddo Mills and Farmersville in Greenville. The stadium was packed...no seats at all to be found...people standing along the fence. Waiting in line to buy a ticket unitl 2:00 minutes left in the 1st half...(not me).

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't remember the '02 game, and I know I wasn't there, but then again if I was there I could see why I would have forgotten it.:D

It was an 11AM start on a Saturday morning. Weird game...and we were completely overmatched.

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I was thinking the same thing...this stadium is not going to hold everyone. A lot like last week Caddo Mills and Farmersville in Greenville. The stadium was packed...no seats at all to be found...people standing along the fence. Waiting in line to buy a ticket unitl 2:00 minutes left in the 1st half...(not me).

I don't remember the excact year, somewhere around 1989 give or take, Vernon played Southlake Carrol at Pennington field in Euless-Bedford. People were standing four or five deep around both endzones. I was fortunate enough to be practically leaning up against the goal post. It was the most exciting atmoshpere I have ever been around. I would love to see something like that this weekend. I think the Home side will seat the Gilmer crowd, but I think they will take up 85 % of the seats. It's the visitors side I'm worried about. Wylie has the potential to fill it all by themselves. I'm pretty sure their will also be a large group come over from the 1:00 Abilene High game at Texas Stadium. On top of all that there are a lot of coaches and high school football fans in the metroplex who will walk up hoping to see a great high school football game. Get there early and stay late. I hope it's a great game.:D

BMOC
12-04-2007, 02:04 PM
THis is what Texas HS Playoffs are all about....doesn't get much better then this. Unless you're doing it again the following weekend.

Gsquared
12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Hey Joe, I was there too. Did you sit on the Caddo side? I did and it was pretty quiet over there. Farmersville was pretty impressive.

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Where do you think a good place would be for a half-time M&G?

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

From listening to some Gilmer fans last week, the Gilmer dressing room would be an interesting place to be if Wylie has a half time lead:thinking: :D

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
From listening to some Gilmer fans last week, the Gilmer dressing room would be an interesting place to be if Wylie has a half time lead:thinking: :D LOL

Seriously, I'm about 75% sure I'll be there and I'll have the 3ADL flag so those of you that haven't signed it and would like to sign we need to set up a place.

Adidas410s
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
halftime would likely be out of the question...as you can see in the picture...you can't get to the other side of the stadium without leaving the building unless something has changed. I would suspect that they won't allow re-entry for free either. Maybe something pre or post-game??? I MIGHT make an appearance...:eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 03:58 PM
halftime would likely be out of the question...as you can see in the picture...you can't get to the other side of the stadium without leaving the building unless something has changed. I would suspect that they won't allow re-entry for free either. Maybe something pre or post-game??? I MIGHT make an appearance...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, I kinda figured that about half time. du_stud or someone mentioned something about pre-game at Wing Stop. I don't know anything about this area so someone will have to help me out.

nobogey72
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM

HOOTERS?

DU_stud04
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured that about half time. du_stud or someone mentioned something about pre-game at Wing Stop. I don't know anything about this area so someone will have to help me out. most post game wing places that show boxing will be packed.... mayweather and hatton fight

im all for pregame winghouse :D either in arlington or in euless, bonedaddys in grapevine, blah blah blah

and as for halftime meet and greets..... only reason i ended up going to the last one is because mwynn wouldnt give me my drink till i was halfway down the ramp :(

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 09:37 AM
ttt for Gilmer :devil:

Texasfootball2
12-05-2007, 11:33 AM

FYI, Birdville does a great job of hosting these games. They will let you go in and out as many times as you like. They stamp your hand like you were in a bar, and they have a totally seperate gate for re-entry into the stadium.:D

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
FYI, Birdville does a great job of hosting these games. They will let you go in and out as many times as you like. They stamp your hand like you were in a bar, and they have a totally seperate gate for re-entry into the stadium.:D

sounds like somebody goes to the parking lot at halftime ;);)

injuredinmelee
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM

that was the year that Cole Landers and caleb Martin alternated qb duties. Everman was sssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo much better than us. They could have blocked every punt and scored 697 points if they wanted to. They had the big lineman that went to navy I think he was #55 and a kid thats at TCU now I believe.

Texasfootball2
12-05-2007, 11:38 AM
sounds like somebody goes to the parking lot at halftime ;);)

WWEELLLLLLLL:D you know how it is. The wife an kids don't bring in enough warm cloths and blankets, or maybe they brought in to many and I have to take some back, or...................none the less:thumbsup: the hospitality is exceptional.

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
that was the year that Cole Landers and caleb Martin alternated qb duties. Everman was sssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo much better than us. They could have blocked every punt and scored 697 points if they wanted to. They had the big lineman that went to navy I think he was #55 and a kid thats at TCU now I believe.

I remember hating that I had to leave Abilene at 7AM to get to the game. It just felt all wrong going to a HS game that early. And yes...Everman absolutely owned Wylie that day. They blocked 2 punts (or was it just 1) and kept Wylie on their own side of the field all day except for a turnover early in the game. For some reason, I'm remembering that game as being VERRRRRY windy too. :thinking:

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 12:11 PM
FYI, Birdville does a great job of hosting these games. They will let you go in and out as many times as you like. They stamp your hand like you were in a bar, and they have a totally seperate gate for re-entry into the stadium.:D :thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmmmm

nobogey72
12-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Talking about those stamps that they put on your hand in a bar, I think that ink that they use causes headaches. I don't know how many mornings I've woke up with a headache and most of the time I'll have one of those stamps on my hand. I think it's the type of ink they use is whats doing it. :thinking: :thinking:

garciap77
12-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I remember hating that I had to leave Abilene at 7AM to get to the game. It just felt all wrong going to a HS game that early. And yes...Everman absolutely owned Wylie that day. They blocked 2 punts (or was it just 1) and kept Wylie on their own side of the field all day except for a turnover early in the game. For some reason, I'm remembering that game as being VERRRRRY windy too. :thinking:

I was there! I believe we started a great drive. Then it was all down hill from there! They had that huge line man on defense that was just blowing us away! They were really nice to us the week before! A few of the Everman players showed up cheering us to beat Graham! Only so they could get their revenge!

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I was there! I believe we started a great drive. Then it was all down hill from there! They had that huge line man on defense that was just blowing us away! They were really nice to us the week before! A few of the Everman players showed up cheering us to beat Graham! Only so they could get their revenge!
That would be Nick Clark their DE. This says that he's 6'0" but he seemed A LOT taller that day...

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/clark_nick00.html

Pawdaddy
12-05-2007, 03:03 PM
As to the original topic of this thread, Gilmer has owned EVERY stadium it has played in this year. This one will be remembered by Wylie boys as Buckeyeville when they leave.

Texasfootball2
12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
As to the original topic of this thread, Gilmer has owned EVERY stadium it has played in this year. This one will be remembered by Wylie boys as Buckeyeville when they leave.

Dang Pawdaddy, did you just happen to wake up from a coma with a chip on your shoulder or what. New member, and come on with some strong stuff with his first two post:thumbsup:

Any by the way: Welcome to the Downlow:D

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Dang Pawdaddy, did you just happen to wake up from a coma with a chip on your shoulder or what. New member, and come on with some strong stuff with his first two post:thumbsup:

Any by the way: Welcome to the Downlow:D

If Gilmer doesn't win then they might be his last two posts as well! ;)

Pawdaddy
12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
No coma. I've been keeping up with you guys for a couple of years since being introduced to 3adownlow. Great forum and most of the time, great back and forth from folks who know what they are talking about. I got a wild hair in my.....nose today, and registered to join you. There will be many people west of Dallas in shock Saturday night. I hope there are plenty of hotels with vacancies around Ft. Worth, they should not be driving home in that condition.

Texasfootball2
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
No coma. I've been keeping up with you guys for a couple of years since being introduced to 3adownlow. Great forum and most of the time, great back and forth from folks who know what they are talking about. I got a wild hair in my.....nose today, and registered to join you. There will be many people west of Dallas in shock Saturday night. I hope there are plenty of hotels with vacancies around Ft. Worth, they should not be driving home in that condition.

A great victory seems to do that to us West Texans! But your more than welcome to come stay with us if your not feeling so well after the game Pawdaddy:D

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM

HAHAHAHA

I think he is gonna fit right in!!! :clap:

TOPS1435
12-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Good post, Pawdaddy!

I am riding the bus this week. I have to be at a church function Sunday morning and I do not trust my staying awake for the drive home that late.

But the charter bus schedule is such, that that contingent of Buckeye fans will be at Birdville before 4 pm.

I vote for a half-time m/g so I can sign the flag like I did in Nacogdoches at the Gilmer-Jasper game.

Does Jason still post on here?

Pawdaddy
12-05-2007, 03:35 PM
A great victory seems to do that to us West Texans! But your more than welcome to come stay with us if your not feeling so well after the game Pawdaddy:D

Just remember the possible "40 points before halftime." I will expect some respectful congratulations on Monday. I will give you a day to recover.

Pawdaddy
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Good post, Pawdaddy!

I am riding the bus this week. I have to be at a church function Sunday morning and I do not trust my staying awake for the drive home that late.

But the charter bus schedule is such, that that contingent of Buckeye fans will be at Birdville before 4 pm.

I vote for a half-time m/g so I can sign the flag like I did in Nacogdoches at the Gilmer-Jasper game.

I don't know who that is. I told you. I have been a reader for two years, not a greeter or a poster. I am a true rookie. I registered in November and just posted today for the first time.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435

Yes...Jason posts from time to time!!

nobogey72
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Just remember the possible "40 points before halftime." I will expect some respectful congratulations on Monday. I will give you a day to recover.

"Paw..daddy?" Isn't that redundant ? (redundant means saying the same thing twice in a row, thought I might need to define that word to you, seeing as how you appear to be IQ challenged)
I'm thinking that you got that name by kids coming up to you and saying "Are you my Paw?" or "Are you my daddy?" So when they found out you were, they compromised and called you Pawdaddy.

Don't be surprised if Monday morning we are asking you.......

WHO'S YO' PAW....DADDY?

And in case I run into you at the game, Just how big an ol' boy are ya? I'm not that big, but I'm wiry!

:) :) :) :) :) Welcome to the board, I'm just practicing my trash talk in case I ever need it.

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
"Paw..daddy?" Isn't that redundant ? (redundant means saying the same thing twice in a row, thought I might need to define that word to you, seeing as how you appear to be IQ challenged)
I'm thinking that you got that name by kids coming up to you and saying "Are you my Paw?" or "Are you my daddy?" So when they found out you were, they compromised and called you Pawdaddy.

Don't be surprised if Monday morning we are asking you.......

WHO'S YO' PAW....DADDY?

And in case I run into you at the game, Just how big an ol' boy are ya? I'm not that big, but I'm wiry!

:) :) :) :) :) Welcome to the board, I'm just practicing my trash talk in case I ever need it.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

How is it redundant? I guess if it were PAdaddy, then yeah, but not PAWdaddy. :confused:

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

How is it redundant? I guess if it were PAdaddy, then yeah, but not PAWdaddy. :confused:
Pronounce it like you're from West Texas. :p

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Pronounce it like you're from West Texas. :p But I'm not and you then there is the spelling. Oh well, color me stupid!

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Pawdaddy (the username) would have made more sense, to me anyway, if he he had been from Abilene Wylie or maybe even LH...

but I didn't know buckeyes had paws!!:p

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 04:58 PM
But I'm not and you then there is the spelling. Oh well, color me stupid!

pick a color...any color...

http://admissions.gallaudet.edu/bloggers/pia/archives/crayon.jpg

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
pick a color...any color...

http://admissions.gallaudet.edu/bloggers/pia/archives/crayon.jpg

I like red!! :D

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Pawdaddy (the username) would have made more sense, to me anyway, if he he had been from Abilene Wylie or maybe even LH...

THANK YOU!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM

Hahaha! My Nanny (dad's mom) always spelled my grandfather's name PawPaw on cards and stuff.

I figured since Pawdaddy has a grandson, maybe that's what he calls him. ;)

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
THANK YOU!!!

You are very welcome!!

And I wonder what the little "pronounce it like you're from West Texas" crack was all about?!?!?!:mad:

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
You are very welcome!!

And I wonder what the little "pronounce it like you're from West Texas" crack was all about?!?!?!:mad:
See above.....I say "PAW" and I'm from West Texas for long enough that I still have some of the drawl. (After I had already typed it, I thought "Beverly Hillbillies" might've been better to use. :D )

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 05:06 PM
See above.....I say "PAW" and I'm from West Texas for long enough that I still have some of the drawl. (After I had already typed it, I thought "Beverly Hillbillies" might've been better to use. :D )

LOL!! I talk so fast, if I do have a drawl it's hard to pick up!!

I think I say Pa and Paw the same!!!

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
:mad: :mad:

Where are the spelling police when you need them???

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Hahaha! My Nanny (dad's mom) always spelled my grandfather's name PawPaw on cards and stuff.

I figured since Pawdaddy has a grandson, maybe that's what he calls him. ;)

When I think of someone saying "Pawdaddy" I immediately think of a kid in overalls with no shirt!!:p

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
:mad: :mad:

Where are the spelling police when you need them???

a grandad would be a PAWPAW...pronounced like it sounds

We call our dad papa...pronounced "pa puh"

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
a grandad would be a PAWPAW...pronounced like it sounds

We call our dad papa...pronounced "pa puh"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Unless......unless......his daddy IS his PawPaw too!!

Then it could be PawDaddy!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pawdaddy
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
[i]
I figured since Pawdaddy has a grandson, maybe that's what he calls him. ;) [/B]

You are a critical thinker and win the prize. I will be the best looking grandad there if you look for me. Just ask me if I am Pawdaddy when you see me.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
You are a critical thinker and win the prize. I will be the best looking grandad there if you look for me. Just ask me if I am Pawdaddy when you see me.

Geez...now you done went and made me feel guilty!

I was just playing around, honest!!

Heck..my grandma name is "KiKi"...so who am I to talk??:D :D

Pawdaddy
12-05-2007, 05:42 PM
[i]
Heck..my grandma name is "KiKi"...so who am I to talk??:D :D [/B]

What is there to feel guilty about, KiKi? My grandson named his grandma "GeeGee." I am sure you are just as cool as she is.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
What is there to feel guilty about, KiKi? My grandson named his grandma "GeeGee." I am sure you are just as cool as she is.

LOL!! We call the great grandma (my mom) "GiGi" and my daughter started calling me "KiKi" out of the blue one day...and it has stuck since then!!

DU_stud04
12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
my grandkids call me popo

nobogey72
12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
my grandkids call me popo

my kids call me dumba$$. :doh: :D

Pawdaddy
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
LOL!! We call the great grandma (my mom) "GiGi" and my daughter started calling me "KiKi" out of the blue one day...and it has stuck since then!!

I may have mispelled my GiGi. But it is cute, especially when the grandkids come up with it on their own. I am trying to figure out where KiKi comes from.:thinking: :helpme:

DU_stud04
12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
my kids call me dumba$$. :doh: :D hahahaha :clap: :clap: :clap: