PDA

View Full Version : Question about LH Panther stadium...

navscanmaster
12-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Just browsing Texas Bob. Is 1567 really the capacity of Panther Stadium? With the growth of the community coming and the eliteness (is that a word?) of the program, are there plans or even talks to expand the current complex, or build something larger?

If there is addition done, make sure they do it right. I am hearing rumblings that everyone is unhappy with the low capacity visitor's side built for Rattler Stadium and coaches and administrators want it rebuilt with more capacity.

TexanFan4Life
12-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Just browsing Texas Bob. Is 1567 really the capacity of Panther Stadium? With the growth of the community coming and the eliteness (is that a word?) of the program, are there plans or even talks to expand the current complex, or build something larger?

If there is addition done, make sure they do it right. I am hearing rumblings that everyone is unhappy with the low capacity visitor's side built for Rattler Stadium and coaches and administrators want it rebuilt with more capacity.

The way the Panthers are rolling everybody these days, they might as well just spring for the retractable roof.

Old Tiger
12-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
The way the Panthers are rolling everybody these days, they might as well just spring for the retractable roof. Quit giving our future LH plans! They like to keep those in the dark! :D :p

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 07:15 AM
We added about 1000 to the home stands this summer, but the info on texasbob hasn't been updated. (Not HIS fault, I'm sure we haven't sent anything.)

If/when we expand, I don't think it will be at the current site, but will be closer to the high school, most likely between the h.s. and the junior high.

Panther One
12-04-2007, 08:28 AM
I think they've held off on upgrades because the original plan was to move the field to the current high school. But with our growth, we'll probably be building a new high school in the next five to ten years, so a new field will accompany that. In the meantime, they'll probably do what they can at the current stadium to upgrade it a little at a time.

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Their field is grass?

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
oh yeah, if you want to call it that lol

our stands are tiny :clap: :mad:

maybe like 65-70 yards long and only 30 rows high :eek:

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
oh yeah, if you want to call it that lol

our stands are tiny :clap: :mad:

maybe like 65-70 yards long and only 30 rows high :eek:

Is the field in good condition? Every school that we played against that had grass had huge and dangerous holes. I was always scared for the ankles of our players.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 09:49 AM
the field is in good condition, there is no hole that i know of.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I think the condition of the field is pretty good; however the lighting and seating suck.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I think the condition of the field is pretty good; however the lighting and seating suck.
And the sound system.... :doh: :doh:

Hill Man
12-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Is the field in good condition? Every school that we played against that had grass had huge and dangerous holes. I was always scared for the ankles of our players.

I would say the field usually is kept in a good condition.. no ruts. And yes the lighting is not the best and the load speakers sound like something from a B-movie with someone trying to reach Tokyo on a old wireless….. But

Keep in mind - the panthers success is only recent on football field when Coach Vance came in with the 'slot T" back in 2001. Before that, winning seasons were few and far between. The current stands (or before the resent upgrade) was more than enough, heck the band sat in the stands, the fans did not come. Now the band has to set on the track..
LH went 5-5 that 2001 season but you could sense a desire and excitement in the kids because they beat some teams they were not supposed to and barely missed the playoffs. It was like when you get a power car for the first time, you get the feel of it first before you let it run. That was the last season they missed the playoffs and not only have the locals flocked but the visiting team fans make the trip also to little o’ Liberty Hill to see if their team could possibly beat us or just watch the magic.

As the winning continues, (which it will) and LH grows (which it is and will), a new stadium is needed soon, it is going to happen. Nevertheless, there is nothing like the feel of this little stadium on a Friday night packed with people screaming for panthers (or against them). It is Texas high school football at its finest. Gota luv it…

Runnin Panther
12-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And the sound system.... :doh: :doh:

Exactly:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GreenMonster
12-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Is the field in good condition? Every school that we played against that had grass had huge and dangerous holes. I was always scared for the ankles of our players. You would think that those schools would fill the holes and attempt to grow a little bit of grass on their fields for the sake of their own kids. That is what I would expect anyways. I know that isn't always the case though. This past school year I took my junior high kids to a school that wishes to remain nameless and found several pretty good sized holes and so many ant beds I couldn't count them all. There was a huge red ant bed right between the hashes near the 20 on one end even. How hard is it to put out a little Amdro? I was really disappointed to say the least. This school has had some pretty good football teams in the past 10 years and had another pretty good one this year that somehow failed to make the play-offs.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
I would say the field usually is kept in a good condition.. no ruts. And yes the lighting is not the best and the load speakers sound like something from a B-movie with someone trying to reach Tokyo on a old wireless….. But

Keep in mind - the panthers success is only recent on football field when Coach Vance came in with the 'slot T" back in 2001. Before that, winning seasons were few and far between. The current stands (or before the resent upgrade) was more than enough, heck the band sat in the stands, the fans did not come. Now the band has to set on the track..
LH went 5-5 that 2001 season but you could sense a desire and excitement in the kids because they beat some teams they were not supposed to and barely missed the playoffs. It was like when you get a power car for the first time, you get the feel of it first before you let it run. That was the last season they missed the playoffs and not only have the locals flocked but the visiting team fans make the trip also to little o’ Liberty Hill to see if their team could possibly beat us or just watch the magic.

As the winning continues, (which it will) and LH grows (which it is and will), a new stadium is needed soon, it is going to happen. Nevertheless, there is nothing like the feel of this little stadium on a Friday night packed with people screaming for panthers (or against them). It is Texas high school football at its finest. Gota luv it…

The frustration is that we should already have a new stadium but the bond was voted down by the community. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hill Man
12-04-2007, 10:49 AM
The frustration is that we should already have a new stadium but the bond was voted down by the community. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The community will support it sooner or later as we grow.. it is inevitable as new blood comes in.. patience :)

Rocket Dad
12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Don't kids and communities deserve the best they can get (afford) regardless if their 5-5 or whatever record. So many people make statements and comments to the fact that " So an So I.S.D. will upgrade their stadium and lighting etc. when they star having a successful program. " People, please realize that most of the "winning" teams have superior talent than the others. Do you think that kids at schools that are always 4-6, 5-5, don't work hard and have a real investment in Athletics? Just wondering why upgrades and "new construction" are often tied to winning.

Bull19
12-04-2007, 11:12 AM

???? in d-23 all fields are well maintaned, with no holes....quit dreaming

catdaddy
12-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Don't kids and communities deserve the best they can get (afford) regardless if their 5-5 or whatever record. So many people make statements and comments to the fact that " So an So I.S.D. will upgrade their stadium and lighting etc. when they star having a successful program. " People, please realize that most of the "winning" teams have superior talent than the others. Do you think that kids at schools that are always 4-6, 5-5, don't work hard and have a real investment in Athletics? Just wondering why upgrades and "new construction" are often tied to winning.

Winning breeds interest.
Interest brings fans.
Fans bring dollars.
Unfortunately this is a fact and I know I wouldn't want to pay more taxes to give the kids a nicer stadium if the one they have is adequate. I do believe that the field should be prepped, watered, free of holes, ants and most definitely grass burrs.:foul: The bleachers should be inspected and safe and you should be able to understand the announcer:D
The playing surface at LH is wonderful. I use it quite regularly to work out and have never found so much as a divit(?) Yes we could still use more bleachers on both sides and please, for the love of Pete, use some of that money to buy a new sound system!!:doh:
Although I have 2 sons playing, I think it's more fiscally responsible to wait and build a new stadium. LH will be the next boomtown suburb of Austin.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
ALL students, athlete or not, deserve the best facilities that we can (afford) give them. Below is thread from the time-frame of the 2005 bond election. The district did hold a new bond election the following fall that covered the building of one new elementary, some computer upgrades & additional computers, and 3 new busses.

IMO, lack of athletic facilities is not the only problem, just one of them. We have no auditorium, so the band has to hold concerts in the cafeteria. That's all fine and good, but the capacity is 350-400. Our freshmen football players have used a portable building the past two seasons to dress & store their equipment. They have to shower in the "regular" locker room. The building of the elementary came in under budget, so a new weight room & dressing facilities for both the high school and the junior high are in the process of being built. Our off-season programs ALL use the weight rooms, so the additional space was definitely needed.

As for the stadium.....we have been playing in a 2A stadium, and not even a "large" one at that.

(Man, why did you have to get me all worked up? ;) )

2005 bond (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29678)

Chris Hart
12-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Personally, I wouldn't change a dadgum thing until I quit winning state championships, but that's just me...

rundoe
12-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Our field has fire any mounds in it (planted), thats where we tackle the other team and lay on 'em.

As for the holes, we run opponents towards them so they fall in them.

WE run though the ants so fast they can't get us and jump over the holes.

Our sound system sucks. but we more than make up for it with fans!!

lol

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Personally, I wouldn't change a dadgum thing until I quit winning state championships, but that's just me...
Stock up on the lawn chairs, then. :devil: :devil: ;)

rundoe
12-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart

I agree, including being able to buy selective seating. You want good sets , be there early.

rundoe
12-05-2007, 12:39 AM

There was WAY to much pork in that barrel. That's why it was voted down. Looked like a Federal Government Bill.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
The reason we went to a turf five or six years ago was the amount of water consumed when keeping it in playing condition was too much. LH should consider turf, but I dont think they have they water problem we have here.

Panther One
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The reason we went to a turf five or six years ago was the amount of water consumed when keeping it in playing condition was too much. LH should consider turf, but I dont think they have they water problem we have here.
I thought the other reason behind Wimberley going to turf was the lack of practice fields and having to use the game field for practice.

Unfortunately, communities are usually reactive when it comes to passing bonds and very rarely proactive. They'll vote down bonds because they think there's too much in them. Then when the portables start popping up at the schools and we start running out of places to sit at football games, people finally realize the need.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
You are correct, Panther One. Water (and maintenance) was too much especially when used for both practice and games.

espn1
12-05-2007, 09:29 PM
The stadium is better than it used to be but it still sucks. Me and three of my friends basically fill up the visitors side.

Panther One
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by espn1
The stadium is better than it used to be but it still sucks. Me and three of my friends basically fill up the visitors side.
It's not like the visitor bleachers at your place are huge.

espn1
12-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
It's not like the visitor bleachers at your place are huge. They're about like your home side. I think they hold 11:D :D :D