PDA

View Full Version : LH/Navasota "breakdown"

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
We talked all week about how Dexter would be able to run through them and outrun them but the Liberty Hill defense is excellent. Your QB will not be a factor at all in the game, unless he acts as a decoy on one or two plays. That is how we scored our first touchdown. It was a fake toss to Pratt and all of the Liberty Hill defense was there too fast for their own good and our FB had open field in front of him. But to the point, your QB will have little or no success.

so now that you have jumped on the bandwagon rattlerdude, wheres your buddies?? :p :)

and it was nice to meet you at halftime, hope you can make the next two games man

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:18 AM
I know this is the LH-Pleasanton thread but this post is about our game against LH. I can't believe we lost like that. I knew they were a good team, but I seriously thought that we were about to make something happen. I also figured if we did lose, that we would lose in a very close game. A blowout was the last thing I was expecting. I am still very happy with the way our season went, and I am ok with it because it is not like we lost to a bad or average team. Well goodbye to the Navasota football season and time for Navasota basketball season. Is LH's basketball team any good? It would be great to play them in the b-ball playoffs.

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Dude, I really am in shock over losing to LH. I am mostly in shock for losing so badly though. I thought that we were about to get in there and do something. I know that they were the best team in the state, but we all seemed so confident because we have seen that offense, because of our comeback against Jasper, and just because we felt really good. I was so sure that we were going to win. Turns out I was really wrong about seeing that offense because you have never seen the LH offense until you have really seen it.

Well anyways, I have been down since then, and I'll probably be down for awhile longer.

I still can't believe we lost. Well rattlerdude I told ya so ;)

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
It really doesn't matter that we are off topic because there is only one person from Pleasanton on 3A down low. I have never seen any posts from him either. Lets just continue to break down the Nav/LH game.

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Well rattlerdude I told ya so ;)

Yeah you did, but who wants to believe that their team is going to be shutdown by another? I certainly didn't.

44INAROW
12-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Well anyways, I have been down since then, and I'll probably be down for awhile longer.

I still can't believe we lost.

it's ok to be "down" for losing, especially to a team like LH - they are a machine - plain and simple. But mainly, it shows you have passion for the game! Try to focus on the good things this season and think of how good it can be next year.

Rattlesnake_08
12-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Try to focus on the good things this season and think of how good it can be next year.

The only bad thing about that for us, is that it is our senior year...:(

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 08:57 PM
It really doesn't matter that we are off topic because there is only one person from Pleasanton on 3A down low. I have never seen any posts from him either. Lets just continue to break down the Nav/LH game.

You can continue to break down the game on another thread! Just because there aren't any posters from Pleasanton doesn't mean you get to switch the subject! :doh:

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 08:58 PM
It really doesn't matter that we are off topic because there is only one person from Pleasanton on 3A down low. I have never seen any posts from him either. Lets just continue to break down the Nav/LH game. What is there to break down?

LH 48
Navsota 14

LH dominated Navsota from the coin toss on.

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
What is there to break down?
LH 48
Navsota 14
LH dominated Navsota from the coin toss on.

:twitch: :twitch:

Talk about it on a new thread, if you must!

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:twitch: :twitch:

Talk about it on a new thread, if you must! The conversation is over. I finished it! muahaha:nerd: :inlove:

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
What is there to break down?

LH 48
Navsota 14

LH dominated Navsota from the coin toss on. how do you know my sources tell me you didnt get there until halftime?

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
how do you know my sources tell me you didnt get there until halftime? Midway through the second quarter. Got delayed by a wreck

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Midway through the second quarter. Got delayed by a wreck Oh I thought you were too busy talking about Colt Brennan and abusing poor little Kris Ballew to watch the game

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
to me, it just looked like Navasota knew it was over before it started, they either came out seriously flat or we are really that good :confused: :devil:

LH= intensity
Navasota=scared

^taking some from Goblues book hah

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
it's ok to be "down" for losing, especially to a team like LH - they are a machine - plain and simple. But mainly, it shows you have passion for the game! Try to focus on the good things this season and think of how good it can be next year. yup...Navasota will be good again next year.

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup...Navasota will be good again next year. They were good? :p

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
They were good? :p yup...they were good enough to make it a few rounds deep...thats pretty good. The problem I saw w/ them was inconsistency. That will go away w/ experience.

SpeedOption
12-03-2007, 10:42 PM
yup...Navasota will be good again next year.

I understand they dont lose a lot. Two or three starters tops.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by SpeedOption
I understand they dont lose a lot. Two or three starters tops. seems like I had heard the same...most of the talent at the skill positions coming back I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the case.

Rattlesnake_08
12-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, most of the starters will be returning, but the main thing Navasota is losing this year is leadership. The 4 or 5 seniors that starters were big-time leaders for the team, so that will also be something the Rattlers will need to work on in the offseason.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
Yeah, most of the starters will be returning, but the main thing Navasota is losing this year is leadership. The 4 or 5 seniors that starters were big-time leaders for the team, so that will also be something the Rattlers will need to work on in the offseason. this may play into the equation early in the season...but it will be worked out in time for the playoffs I'm willing to bet. Rattlers have a new stadium, a new found sense of accomplishment and pride...they will build off of these things. I'm no Rattler homer or bandwagon jumper...just calling it how I see it. :)

navscanmaster
12-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Yup. Next year. Wonder what the schedule/district will look like next year also. Although we know that the Rattlers will be very good next year, there are a lot of unknowns. Will we be with Bellville, Giddings next year? Will we be with Caldwell/Cameron/Rockdale/Bryan Rudder? Will we go east again and play with Shepherd/Splendora/Cleveland? Will we hook up with Hearne, Somerville, Hempstead, and such in the predistrict, or will we draw on teams like Montgomery, Brenham, Sealy, Needville, or some of the Austin ISD schools like in the past?

Shortly, there a lot of unknowns still. I just hope that the boys can beef up the pre-district schedule for the next year.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yup. Next year. Wonder what the schedule/district will look like next year also. Although we know that the Rattlers will be very good next year, there are a lot of unknowns. Will we be with Bellville, Giddings next year? Will we be with Caldwell/Cameron/Rockdale/Bryan Rudder? Will we go east again and play with Shepherd/Splendora/Cleveland? Will we hook up with Hearne, Somerville, Hempstead, and such in the predistrict, or will we draw on teams like Montgomery, Brenham, Sealy, Needville, or some of the Austin ISD schools like in the past?

Shortly, there a lot of unknowns still. I just hope that the boys can beef up the pre-district schedule for the next year. yeah..I'm wondering the same about Needville. Will we stay w/ the present district (I've heard some rumors)? We lose Wilkerson next year but Hadjik will have another year under his belt and be a junior. I think he will be a pretty good back for us next year. We'll have to wait and see.

Rattlesnake_08
12-03-2007, 11:44 PM
I think I would schedule these games if these teams weren't already in our district.

@ Hempstead
vs Elgin
@ Coldspring
vs West Orange-Stark
vs Madisonville
then district.

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I think I would schedule these games if these teams weren't already in our district.

@ Hempstead
vs Elgin
@ Coldspring
vs West Orange-Stark
vs Madisonville
then district. Hempstead does nothing for you. I wouldn't schedule them.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM

@ Hempstead
vs Elgin
@ Coldspring
vs West Orange-Stark
vs Madisonville
then district. that'd be a good test early...you'd definitely know where your team stood going into district play.

Rattlesnake_08
12-04-2007, 12:19 AM
that'd be a good test early...you'd definitely know where your team stood going into district play.

Yeah, since it is what you do in district that matters the most, I would want my team well tested. That way they'll prepared for tough games if they end-up in a tough district, or if they end-up in a weak district, then hopefully they would dominate.:)

Rattlesnake_08
12-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Hempstead does nothing for you. I wouldn't schedule them.

I think since most first games of the season seem to bring out alot of kinks in your team, I'd rather it be against a weaker team rather than a tough team. Plus its a rivalry game.

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 01:05 AM
I think since most first games of the season seem to bring out alot of kinks in your team, I'd rather it be against a weaker team rather than a tough team. Plus its a rivalry game. yup...chalk it up as a "tune up" game. Find some kinks, build confidence, put an easy early W in the column while you still have things to get worked out. Nothing wrong w/ scheduling a weaker op. early on....UT does it every year. ***cough*** UNT, Texas State, SHSU, etc. ***cough***

not that A&M doesn't! ***cough*** LaLa***cough***LOL.

Rattlesnake_08
12-04-2007, 01:08 AM
yup...chalk it up as a "tune up" game. Find some kinks, build confidence, put an easy early W in the column while you still have things to get worked out. Nothing wrong w/ scheduling a weaker op. early on....UT does it every year. ***cough*** UNT, Texas State, SHSU, etc. ***cough***

not that A&M doesn't! ***cough*** LaLa***cough***LOL.

Yeah, one is okay, but having two or three is just plain rediculous!:doh:

Old Tiger
12-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah, one is okay, but having two or three is just plain rediculous!:doh: LA lafayette, montana state, fresno state,

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 01:20 AM
LA lafayette, montana state, fresno state, why are you even arguing it? I SAID A&M did it too. You will argue over anything....hey...here's one...the sky is blue.

Awaiting your argument.

:D

Old Tiger
12-04-2007, 01:24 AM
why are you even arguing it? I SAID A&M did it too. You will argue over anything....hey...here's one...the sky is blue.

Awaiting your argument.

:D Is it? :D Or is that just a phenomenon in the color spectrum?

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 01:31 AM
Is it? :D Or is that just a phenomenon in the color spectrum? the color spectrum is a phenomenon in itself...colors are nothing more than the result from light refracting differently off of different surfaces/things. Hey...how do ya like my new sig? :D

Old Tiger
12-04-2007, 01:32 AM
the color spectrum is a phenomenon in itself...colors are nothing more than the result from light refracting differently off of different surfaces/things. Hey...how do ya like my new sig? :D Honestly it makes me hungry lol

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Honestly it makes me hungry lol LOL...me too actually. I made myself breakfast tacos for tomorrow morning...but I'm thinkin about goin after one!

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah, most of the starters will be returning, but the main thing Navasota is losing this year is leadership. The 4 or 5 seniors that starters were big-time leaders for the team, so that will also be something the Rattlers will need to work on in the offseason.

We are losing the vocal leaders but not all of the leaders. Against Jasper when we were down by 20, Dexter Pratt went into the game on defense and refused to be held down any longer by the Jasper defense. He made good stops on defense and took over offensively. His play seemed to fuel the play of everyone else. It was freakin awesome.

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 09:24 AM
this may play into the equation early in the season...but it will be worked out in time for the playoffs I'm willing to bet. Rattlers have a new stadium, a new found sense of accomplishment and pride...they will build off of these things. I'm no Rattler homer or bandwagon jumper...just calling it how I see it. :)

You're seeing it pretty good. I think with all of the experience such as The Comeback or the game against Liberty Hill will have them ready for anything. They may not be very vocal with each other as much as one of the great leaders, but they play together excellently as a team. When all of them ('09) are together they are a great team. Next year will be a year to look forward to for Navasota football as well.

I will already be in college though, and I hope Texas A&M's team is good next year. They should let Jerrod Johnson start.

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Is it? :D Or is that just a phenomenon in the color spectrum?

LMAO

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Well, back to the breakdown. I don't know if there was much we could have done to stop "The Machine" but we definitely had a possibility to rack up yards and maybe put up a couple more scores(by scores I don't mean three or four touchdowns, but maybe a touchdown and a couple of field goals) on the board. There were a few times when our receivers had a pretty good step on the cornerback but each time our receiver was overthrown. Each one of those plays had the potential to be 40+ yard gains. I know the smart alecks out there can say that any play has that type of potential but they really know what I mean.

buff4life
12-04-2007, 12:28 PM
the color spectrum is a phenomenon in itself...colors are nothing more than the result from light refracting differently off of different surfaces/things. Hey...how do ya like my new sig? :D

so techically the sky isn't blue...its an optical illusion...

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 01:15 PM
:(:crying: :weeping:

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
so techically the sky isn't blue...its an optical illusion... yeah...that or you could be color blind...I'd have that checked out. :D

OldBison75
12-04-2007, 06:55 PM
There are several things that could be said about the game===but I'll keep it simple. Liberty Hill walked on the field with the confidence in thier systems and belief that they were superior. That goes with the Championship march of a year ago. I also saw that the Panthers had all eleven players on the filed playing with abandon every down and not stopping until the whistle blew. The athletic abilities of the team was not superior--but the intangible heart, and desire was definitely a panther thing this night. I believe the Rattlers will learn from this game and 3A better be ready next year. These guys never believed that this was thier year==and all believe that the best mix of athletic ability will be next year. Hope to see you Liberty Hill fans again next year and GOOD LUCK!!! You are without a doubt the BEST team I have seen play all year.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
There are several things that could be said about the game===but I'll keep it simple. Liberty Hill walked on the field with the confidence in thier systems and belief that they were superior. That goes with the Championship march of a year ago. I also saw that the Panthers had all eleven players on the filed playing with abandon every down and not stopping until the whistle blew. The athletic abilities of the team was not superior--but the intangible heart, and desire was definitely a panther thing this night. I believe the Rattlers will learn from this game and 3A better be ready next year. These guys never believed that this was thier year==and all believe that the best mix of athletic ability will be next year. Hope to see you Liberty Hill fans again next year and GOOD LUCK!!! You are without a doubt the BEST team I have seen play all year.
Thank you! I wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet you the other night! And hopefully we'll meet again. :)

rundoe
12-05-2007, 12:09 AM
LMAO
It is, all I see round here is Purple and Gold in the end zone!!

venomous tat2
12-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

Shortly, there a lot of unknowns still. I just hope that the boys can beef up the pre-district schedule for the next year.

Well Paul I tell u what , the foundation has been laid and this was a valueable learning tool for us and we will be better in 08 for it .
Frist we are loosing 2 SR on Offense (center, RT Tackle ) 4 on defense ( D.T , D End , SS, MLB ) leadership will not be a problem next year. Our JV was all sophs and have some real good defensive players & 3 FR played Fri nite in the 4th qtr that can play. As far as next years district goes I think it will be.

1. Bryan Rudder ( word is they will be 3A )
2. Caldwell
3. Cameron
4. Madisonville
5. Navasota
6. Rockdale
A all Brazos Valley District
I did some research on travel time and none of them are over a hour & half drive. This is JMO and if it comes to pass it WILL be a tuff dist. we will not schedule Hempstead the next 2 years unless they move up and I don't think they will.
:thinking: :thinking:

navscanmaster
12-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Well Paul I tell u what , the foundation has been laid and this was a valueable learning tool for us and we will be better in 08 for it .
Frist we are loosing 2 SR on Offense (center, RT Tackle ) 4 on defense ( D.T , D End , SS, MLB ) leadership will not be a problem next year. Our JV was all sophs and have some real good defensive players & 3 FR played Fri nite in the 4th qtr that can play. As far as next years district goes I think it will be.

2. Caldwell
3. Cameron
4. Madisonville
5. Navasota
6. Rockdale
I did some research on travel time and none of them are over a hour & half drive. This is JMO and if it comes to pass it WILL be a tuff dist. we will not schedule Hempstead the next 2 years unless they move up and I don't think they will.

Tanks, coach!!!

I would love to see that district. Just always seems like we are at the arse-end of whatever district we are in, kinda like Brenham.

Old Tiger
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I thought Rudder is only fielding a JV?

venomous tat2
12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought Rudder is only fielding a JV?

I think they did that this year but don't hold me to that but that what we're hearing that they will be 3A for the next 2 years and then make the jump to 4A.

Rattlesnake_08
12-05-2007, 12:49 PM

2. Caldwell
3. Cameron
4. Madisonville
5. Navasota
6. Rockdale

Out of all the districts we have been in over the past few years...This one makes the most sense. Hopefully if this is what we end up with, then it can stay that way for awhile.

buff4life
12-05-2007, 01:35 PM
have a feeling that Rockdale and Cameron will be in a district With Giddings...maybe as well as Caldwell...but who knows...

navscanmaster
12-05-2007, 01:56 PM
If that were actually to come to fruition, that would be a ridiculously tough district. 5 teams that made the playoffs this year along with a newcomer with kids used to 5A competition, where they may not even make the B teams if they don't step it up. District would be tough, to say the least. Whaley and Pratt in the same district, sheesh!! People's rushing defense totals would look inflated.

venomous tat2
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
have a feeling that Rockdale and Cameron will be in a district With Giddings...maybe as well as Caldwell...but who knows...

Dr. Charles B ( can't spell his last name or pronounce it lol said in a statement that there would be no more 5 team dist in 3A and I also had Bellville as a possible team but the travel time would be tuff
as they would have 4 one hour plus trips to make during dist.

Back in the early 80's we were in the dist with caldwell , cameron ,
and rockdale and I believe madisonville. This and what Dr. B said plus bryan rudder bring a 3A school brought me to this conclusion.

I could be dead wrong but it make sense to me. :thinking:

Daddy D 11
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM

2. Caldwell
3. Cameron
4. Madisonville
5. Navasota
6. Rockdale

giddings has to be in there somwhere dont ya think? i think they have to be the reason that this district never forms itself

buff4life
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Giddings LaGrange and Smithville will always be together it seems question is what direction does the rest of the district go

north-Caldwell, Cameron, Rockdale

East Navasota Bellville and...

South Bellville Sealy ...

but i have no idea it will be interesting to see...

Daddy D 11
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
just form a super district with only one non district game, i think that would start an exciting new trend. makes every game exciting!

Old Tiger
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Cameron is likely going to be 2a

Daddy D 11
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
thats sad, cameron has some pretty good athletes, bad news for 2A

Daddy D 11
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM
heard rumors about LH joining back up with Llano,Wimberley, and possibly the two dreadfuls (Ingram and Bandera) But also heard talks and fredricksburg and Burnet coming back.

my guess, and more hopes than anything would be:
LH
burnet
fredricksburg
llano
wimberly

and i heard, and this is just heard: thats lampasas maybe even:thinking:

navscanmaster
12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
thats sad, cameron has some pretty good athletes, bad news for 2A
Yeah, that would be interesting. Cameron and Corrigan-Camden meeting in the playoffs every year to beat up on each other. Cameron, Marlin, Mart and Teague in the same district.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Daddy D 11
12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
that sounds appealing

Old Tiger
12-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I think UIL keeps LH in region 3. just because the distance driven is shorter

Daddy D 11
12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
yeah, i just dont see who?

giddings maybe?? :devil: