Joe PA: 2 NC's 1982, 1986
atm: 1 NC 1939

Macarthur
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
What position does he play?

Maroon87
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Even crazier....

I'm 39, and Joe Pa is the only coach Penn State has had during my lifetime.:eek:

grizz53
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Pretty crazy stuff.

Joe Pa: 34 Bowl appearances
atm: 29 Bowl appearances

Joe Pa: 22 Bowl Wins
atm: 13 Bowl wins

Joe Pa: 11 Bowl Losses
atm: 15 Bowl Losses

I guess your a t.u. fan and just still pissed off that ya'll lost to the aggies huh? HAHA

DU_stud04
12-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by grizz53
I guess your a t.u. fan and just still pissed off that ya'll lost to the aggies huh? HAHA :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull Butter
12-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joe Pa has been at Penn St. since 1966. I don't think A&M made too many bowl appearances prior to '66, so that seems about right.

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by grizz53
a t.u. fan

:doh: :dispntd: :speech: :helpme:

DDBooger
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Pretty crazy stuff.

atm: 1 NC 1939 yes, but A&M'S modern era began in 1975 :thinking: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Seriously Casey, why does any of this matter to you? Get a life, dude, seriously. I don't try to disrespect you, so why do you always try to disrespect my teammates and me?

District303aPastPlayer
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Seriously Casey, why does any of this matter to you? Get a life, dude, seriously. I don't try to disrespect you, so why do you always try to disrespect my teammates and me?

I wouldn't call it disrespect... Its proving a point, only to a point. JoePa is one of the most underpaid coaches in America... yet, he has, in his tenure, had more success than one of the major football institutions in one of the major football states in America... I'd like to see how Bobby Bowden matches up with SC

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Seriously Casey, why does any of this matter to you? Get a life, dude, seriously. I don't try to disrespect you, so why do you always try to disrespect my teammates and me? Ya know I love ya Gary, but how is he being disrespectful? All he did was post the #s.

HippoBaseball05
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
It's alright Gary, make 'em eat their words on the 29th.

:thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
He is a good coach, but he's about to have another Bowl Loss...

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I posted facts. No disrespect was intended. I said pretty crazy stuff. If I would have said it like this "haha jo pa is better than Aggy" then yes that would be disrespectful.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Ya know I love ya Gary, but how is he being disrespectful? All he did was post the #s.

Well, it's always the same thing, and that is something that is negative about A&M, always. If it were a time to time thing, it wouldn't be a big deal, but he always has something to say about A&M, and it's never anything good about the program we have here. I guess it just gets kind of old after awhile.

Diocletian
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
the one interesting thing about him is his salary which is reported as 500k a year, that way below par

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-paterno-salary&prov=ap&type=lgns

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
As g$$ would say "the numbers speak for themselves"

It's only negative if you take it that way. I see it as Jo Pa is very good coach over his tenure. I'm sure if it was someone else who posted it you wouldn't give a damn.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2007, 08:29 PM
As g$$ would say "the numbers speak for themselves"

It's only negative if you take it that way. I see it as Jo Pa is very good coach over his tenure. I'm sure if it was someone else who posted it you wouldn't give a damn.

Yeah, but I put very little into what g$$ has to say most of the time. You're right though, if it were someone else, I wouldn't really care, they're pretty interesting facts by themselves, but I know that wasn't your reason for posting them.

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, but I put very little into what g$$ has to say most of the time. You're right though, if it were someone else, I wouldn't really care, they're pretty interesting facts by themselves, but I know that wasn't your reason for posting them. Yes it was. When I saw them i was shocked and that is why i wrote "pretty crazy stuff"

themsu97
12-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Pretty crazy stuff.

JOEPA has been hc since 1966? and in 40+ years only two NC,plus the one they shared... wow, that really is not that impressive... he and Bowden need to hang it up

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, it's always the same thing, and that is something that is negative about A&M, always. If it were a time to time thing, it wouldn't be a big deal, but he always has something to say about A&M, and it's never anything good about the program we have here. I guess it just gets kind of old after awhile. ah, don't sweat it. A&M has its 2nd win in a row as of late against Texas, we're headed to a bowl game, and Joe Pa is WAY past his "prime" and is basically just a sideline decoration as he probably hasn't actually COACHED that team in 15 years. Ever seen Weekend at Bernie's? :D Besides...UT has ASU in their bowl game...and I keep hearing how "over-rated" ASU is from UT fans....we shall see.

KTJ
12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, it's always the same thing, and that is something that is negative about A&M, always. If it were a time to time thing, it wouldn't be a big deal, but he always has something to say about A&M, and it's never anything good about the program we have here. I guess it just gets kind of old after awhile.

Ironic, anyone?

;)

KTJ
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
ah, don't sweat it. A&M has its 2nd win in a row as of late against Texas, we're headed to a bowl game, and Joe Pa is WAY past his "prime" and is basically just a sideline decoration as he probably hasn't actually COACHED that team in 15 years. Ever seen Weekend at Bernie's? :D Besides...UT has ASU in their bowl game...and I keep hearing how "over-rated" ASU is from UT fans....we shall see.

I really haven't heard any UT fan say ASU is overrated. If anything, we all think we are going to lose and it won't be pretty.

I have, however, heard and seen tons of ASU fans say they will mudhole us. And given our team, that's not out of the realm of possibility.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I really haven't heard any UT fan say ASU is overrated. If anything, we all think we are going to lose and it won't be pretty.

I have, however, heard and seen tons of ASU fans say they will mudhole us. And given our team, that's not out of the realm of possibility. among my friends that are UT fans...they all seem to think ASU is over-rated and UT is going to crush them....(shrug)

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Seriously Casey, why does any of this matter to you? Get a life, dude, seriously. I don't try to disrespect you, so why do you always try to disrespect my teammates and me? Honestly from a completly netural point of view. Casey is a huge UT homer about as big as they come. But the only personal attacks and disrespect I see is you attacking and disrespecting him. Not the first time either

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 09:37 PM
among my friends that are UT fans...they all seem to think ASU is over-rated and UT is going to crush them....(shrug) Should be a great game regardless of the winner. Heard that yahoo sports rates it the second best bowl game or something.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Should be a great game regardless of the winner. Heard that yahoo sports rates it the second best bowl game or something. If UT shows up and plays mistake free ball, and Colt doesn't get rocked and rattled early..it should be...but if they get pressure on Colt and plant him once or twice good...it'll be a long day for UT. That is just my take from what I've seen from them this year...so no need to flame me. :)

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
If UT shows up and plays mistake free ball, and Colt doesn't get rocked and rattled early..it should be...but if they get pressure on Colt and plant him once or twice good...it'll be a long day for UT. That is just my take from what I've seen from them this year...so no need to flame me. :) I see this game coming down to how the coordinators call plays :D

buff4life
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
JOEPA has been hc since 1966? and in 40+ years only two NC,plus the one they shared... wow, that really is not that impressive... he and Bowden need to hang it up

Thats moer NCs than alot of coaches have period...

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I see this game coming down to how the coordinators call plays :D LOL....don't start man....don't start. ***COUGH***DAVIS***COUGH****

come on!! I know thats where you were goin w/ that!!! :D

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Carpenter needs to stop doing those running flip passes lol. Im a UT fan but ive always liked ASU so im loving this matchup but in the end im all about UT. With that being said ASU may come out as the victors

big daddy russ
12-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Thats moer NCs than alot of coaches have period...
He also got screwed out of a couple by the polls.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He also got screwed out of a couple by the polls. yup

RMAC
12-03-2007, 10:08 PM
among my friends that are UT fans...they all seem to think ASU is over-rated and UT is going to crush them....(shrug)

This is a quote from a guy that does a Big XII blog. He's great in that he's unbiased and gives it how it is. "You gotta love a Longhorn fan. They escape by the narrowest of margins, flash you the hook 'em, then tell you how great they think they are. Well this week horns, it ends." That was in reference to the preview for the ATM game if I'm not mistaken. I don't care one way or another, but I just thought it was freakin hilarious.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
This is a quote from a guy that does a Big XII blog. He's great in that he's unbiased and gives it how it is. "You gotta love a Longhorn fan. They escape by the narrowest of margins, flash you the hook 'em, then tell you how great they think they are. Well this week horns, it ends." That was in reference to the preview for the ATM game if I'm not mistaken. I don't care one way or another, but I just thought it was freakin hilarious. I can't honestly speak for all Horns fans...but that is a very accurate description of my UT fan friends....and yes...it is amusing.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Ironic, anyone?

;)

I never say anything bad about Texas, so I don't understand how it would be.

DDBooger
12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
This is a quote from a guy that does a Big XII blog. He's great in that he's unbiased and gives it how it is. "You gotta love a Longhorn fan. They escape by the narrowest of margins, flash you the hook 'em, then tell you how great they think they are. Well this week horns, it ends." That was in reference to the preview for the ATM game if I'm not mistaken. I don't care one way or another, but I just thought it was freakin hilarious. that and when teams like A&M or Oklahoma are not playing UT they flash the horns down!:D lol but i guess flashing a horns up pisses him off?:mad: he doesn't sound unbiased!

RMAC
12-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
that and when teams like A&M or Oklahoma are not playing UT they flash the horns down!:D lol but i guess flashing a horns up pisses him off?:mad: he doesn't sound unbiased!

This guy's actually a Nebraska alum, and he ripped them left and right a lot. It's quite comical.

DDBooger
12-04-2007, 12:41 AM
This guy's actually a Nebraska alum lmao, he has reason to be in a bad mood lol

KTJ
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
I never say anything bad about Texas, so I don't understand how it would be.

My reply wasn't directed towards you. It was in general.

Maroon87
12-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He also got screwed out of a couple by the polls.

Yeah...12-0 in 1994 and nothing to show for it but a Rose Bowl win.