PDA

View Full Version : Poor showing by Bridge City

BIGRED001
10-31-2003, 11:38 PM
Well, the Cardinals tonight lost to Buna 8-2. Buna a team that had only 1 win the entire year. Bridge City is in a rebuilding year, everybody knows this, but losing to Buna is just a poor showing. Hats off to Buna for pulling the great upset. Well, with the young team Bridge City has, hopefully this year we will have gained experience for next year.

the-O-fence
10-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Ouch!!!!

the-O-fence
10-31-2003, 11:43 PM
So if Hamshire wins next week and BC loses will Hamshire go to the playoffs and BC stay at home? Anybody know the Hamshire/Hardin score?

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: the-O-fence ]</small>

BIGRED001
10-31-2003, 11:54 PM
the-O-fence:
So if Hamshire wins next week and BC loses will Hamshire go to the playoffs and BC stay at home? Anybody know the Hamshire/Hardin score?Don't know, BC beat Hampshire, but who knows now. To be honest BC is really struggling this year. Even if we make the playoffs, we be out by 1 and no more than 2. This has just been a bad year for the Cardinals, but I think the experience gained, may very well help us next year

hsffan
11-01-2003, 12:42 AM
HF 52 Hardin 6

the-O-fence
11-01-2003, 12:45 AM
So if HF wins against Kountze and BC loses to Anahuac then HF goes to the playoffs, right?

BIGRED001
11-01-2003, 12:51 AM
the-O-fence:
So if HF wins against Kountze and BC loses to Anahuac then HF goes to the playoffs, right?I think it may boil down to a point difference thing, but it really doesn't matter at this point. This is the exact reason, I think they only need 2 teams in the playoffs. D1 and D2. It is amazing now that you can get into the playoffs with a .500 record or worse. I am wondering since they instituted this policy if there has ever been one team that finishes 3rd in their respective districts that has ever made it to a state championship. It seems to me, it's like when they let all the girls be a cheerleader, so they don't hurt peoples feelings.

3AFTNUT
11-01-2003, 12:52 AM
I THINK YOUR RIGHT

noitall
11-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Last year Bandera finished third in Dist.25-3A and wound up winning the D-2 championship

Cat22
11-01-2003, 01:05 AM
the-O-fence:
So if HF wins against Kountze and BC loses to Anahuac then HF goes to the playoffs, right?Thats right, if Anahuac beats BC and HF and Orangefield both win that would leave Anahuac 6&1, HF and OF 5&2 and BC 4&3.

hsffan
11-01-2003, 01:08 AM
O-Fence I think your right about HF making the playoffs if they win and bc lost because bc will have 3 losses

Cat22
11-01-2003, 01:08 AM
It does not matter if this is a rebuilding year for BC or not, there is no way they should have lost to Buna. What happended?

BIGRED001
11-01-2003, 01:16 AM
hsffan:
O-Fence I think your right about HF making the playoffs if they win and bc lost because bc will have 3 lossesThat is the way it looks. BC with a loss to Anahuac would sit home. This BC loss puts the Cardinals in a dire predicament.

Old Cardinal
11-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Buna played an inspired game. Bridge City just fumbled away every opportunity. They deserved to get beat tonight. Michael Gauthier was hurt and was called upon to carry the ball quite a lot. Dale Armand who gained 217 yards last week, came in and ran a few plays in the fourth quarter? It was a sad deal tonight. As I understand it, if BC beats Anahuac, then BC is still in the playoffs. They are struggling; their course was set when only 6 JV returned to play ball after last season and five starting playoff seasoned linemen decided to also quit football.....This is one of the low points in BC football history tonight. Congratulations to Buna and their Coaching staff-they came to win and not to keep from losing!

noitall
11-01-2003, 01:22 AM
I know losing those kind of players is difficult but I saw BC play Liberty early in the season and BC still has a very good football team. I don't understand what could have gone wrong since then. I know young players can make lots of silly mistakes but those boys looked pretty good against us. Anyways don't give up because anything can happen come playoff time.

BIGRED001
11-01-2003, 01:40 AM
noitall:
I know losing those kind of players is difficult but I saw BC play Liberty early in the season and BC still has a very good football team. I don't understand what could have gone wrong since then. I know young players can make lots of silly mistakes but those boys looked pretty good against us. Anyways don't give up because anything can happen come playoff time.Bridge City's problem is they need a senior class that doesn't quit. It's not a knock on the seniors playing, but a knock on kids who are walking the halls. Quiting is poor at any level of academics or any sport.

Cat22
11-01-2003, 01:45 AM
Why have so many Seniors quit? After the success BC has had the past few years, why would someone quit this team?

X21AAAPlayer
11-01-2003, 01:57 AM
Cat22:
Why have so many Seniors quit? After the success BC has had the past few years, why would someone quit this team?Coaches... that's all Im going to say about the subject. Just some kids didn't like a few of the coaches.

X21AAAPlayer
11-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Hey im not a scrub anymore.. I just noticed :D

pgamgt1982
11-01-2003, 04:16 AM
The Bridge City team I watched play Liberty early in the year played exceptionally well. After what has happened recently, and the possibility of BC not making the playoffs, I am starting to feel as if that dynasty you guys once had is starting to shake. Some of you are stating that you are in a "rebiulding year". It seems as if you have ran into some poorly minded atheletic students, that being the Senior class at BC. Without senior leadership and guidance on the team can and most always is catastrophic. I sure hope things turn around for you guys in the near future. Quitting, I figured that was something nobody talked about over there. Oh well, build and come back next year.

crunkandfocused
11-01-2003, 04:56 AM
I'd like to take the side of the seniors over at BC who quit. I may very well be wrong, but they probably had a good reason to quit. Grades maybe? Who knows. You can't say that they are making poor choices and are bad leaders if they they quit for a good reason. Now if they just quit because of some petty difference they had with a coach or something like that then it is a different story, and it is bad leadership. But it is there choice. If they don't want to play, they don't have to play and they shouldn't be ridiculed for it. Just my two cents. Anyways, good luck to BC on getting to the playoffs. Ya'll are a good team and are well capable of making it.

pgamgt1982
11-01-2003, 06:15 AM
Grades? I am without a doubt sure that this is not a problem for the senior atheletes at Bridge City. This is not an unusual occurence. There is always a particular class of students in each Highschool that have weak numbers as far as participating in extra-curricular events. I'm sure this is such at Bridge City. Like they have stated from the beginning of the year, they are re-building over there. I am sure things will turn around for them in the near future. Some of their other programs are doing quite well this year. Although, I am indeed pulling for Bridge City to win this game VS. Anahuac, I honestly do not feel that will happen. Good luck to Bridge City, and hopefully you will pull threw this year, and snag a victory from Anahuac.

exbccards76'smom
11-01-2003, 06:17 AM
It appears that OF got beat by HJ last night. Does that change the playoff situation any? Just curious. It looks like we are turning into the "Bad News Bears" of football. Penalties and turnovers killed us last night. Our guys looked like they had no spark at all last night.

bccards
11-01-2003, 10:02 AM
The scenario get's really interesting. Anahuac has clinched a playoff spot, and at least share of 1st place if BC beats them. That will make Bridge City 5-2, Anahuac 5-2, Orangefield 5-2, H-F 4-3. Mind you Orangefield and H-F have what should be easy wins next week. So basically, if BC wins, it will be that, if BC loses, it will be H-F going D1 and OField/Anahuac going D2. BC is in a must win situation, we win, we play week 11, we lose, we watch Orangefield play week 11. Last night was a total embarrassment. You don't get inside the red zone 3 times and fumble twice, and get a penalty on 4th down in the endzone for the winning TD. Also, why pass the ball on 4th & 1 inside the Cougars 30? I like my chances to run the ball 1 yard since we are NOT A passing team. this wasn't the team we've seen play all year.. this team had something..different.. I just don't know what happened last night.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

BIGRED001
11-01-2003, 10:11 AM
QUOTE]Coaches... that's all Im going to say about the subject. Just some kids didn't like a few of the coaches.[/QB][/QUOTE]
I think we have a bunch of spoiled brats who use quitting as an option. If you start the football season, be a man and finish it. Football copies life in a way. The seniors who quit.......well they stink! Losing to Buna, not even a good Buna team........a Buna team that has only won 1 stinking game the whole year. You know even when BC was losing in 4A, they at least were losing to teams that were HUGE and powerful. BC was always the smallest school practically 4A for years, and now this a team that is the largest in classification, can't even pull out a win over a hapless Buna team. We should be fielding teams that are a powerhouse every year in 3A. Course maybe Newton's kids are more disciplined than ours........they don't quit!

3ABirdMan
11-02-2003, 11:26 PM
I will pose 1 question, and no more.

:( Have you been informed of all of the "distractions" the football players faced last week because of the actions of a few individuals that took place the week of homecoming? :( Ask around for the answer to the question, if you don't already know. I will not post it on here.

:mad: Also, when my 15 yr old daughter, who knows NOTHING about football, can sit in the stands, look at the formation, and tell you what play we are going to run, the opposing teams' defense may as well be calling the plays for us. We can not win playing against 10 defenders on the line of scrimmage with Go-T-A running the ball. We MUST develop a passing game, to be used on running downs.