PDA

View Full Version : La Vega Played a weak Schedule, They Beat a AA Marlin school and Marlin is 5-5, Now..

Fotbol
12-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Look @ WO S with this and That, I told you WOS riders, LV would beat the snot out of WOS, And What?.........

JR2004
12-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Well I don't know that they beat the snot out of them, but they did win. I seem to remember saying that Modoc's win against China this year was huge because they just don't blow them out like that.

I'm sure there's fans from a couple of teams who now know how tought 17-3A is. :)

setxsports
12-03-2007, 10:41 AM
They didn't. La Vega better count their lucky stars. See ya next season with the whole team back.

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Look @ WO S with this and That, I told you WOS riders, LV would beat the snot out of WOS, And What?.........

They didn't beat the snot out of them! :rolleyes: Good grief! :hand:

Were you even at the game???

Ranger Mom
12-03-2007, 10:48 AM
An 8 point game is now considered "getting the snot beat of you"??

Wow....I wonder what LH has been beating out of teams??:eek: :eek: :D

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
An 8 point game is now considered "getting the snot beat of you"??

Wow....I wonder what LH has been beating out of teams??:eek: :eek: :D
*Snort* LOL! No joke! :thinking: :thinking:

3afan
12-03-2007, 11:03 AM
who teams played in the regular season is irrelevant now .......

kaorder1999
12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
any team still playing in Week 4 of the playoffs are good! Very good!

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by **********
They didn't. La Vega better count their lucky stars. See ya next season with the whole team back. why are all these wos people getting on here and blaming their offensive coordinator and trying to take away from what Lavega did. Is Lavega suppose to appologize for winning? You can blame your oc all day but the better team won

buff4life
12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
They didn't. La Vega better count their lucky stars. See ya next season with the whole team back.

I could say WOS could count lucky stars too but i won't...

Bull19
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
They didn't beat the snot out of them! :rolleyes: Good grief! :hand:

Were you even at the game???

YOU'RE RIGHT. THEY DONKEY STOMPED THEM

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
why are all these wos people getting on here and blaming their offensive coordinator and trying to take away from what Lavega did. Is Lavega suppose to appologize for winning? You can blame your oc all day but the better team won

I don't think they are taking away from what LaVega did - on the other thread several of them congrulated La Vega on their win, but that doesn't mean they can't be pissed about the play calling.

setxsports
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I could say WOS could count lucky stars too but i won't... Especially since WOS was all Jr's and Sophmores except for a couple.

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't think they are taking away from what LaVega did - on the other thread several of them congrulated La Vega on their win, but that doesn't mean they can't be pissed about the play calling. saying Lavega should thank their lucky stars isnt taking away from Lavega?

buff4life
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Especially since WOS was all Jr's and Sophmores except for a couple.

I'm talking about that WOS made it to that game...

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 02:25 PM
saying Lavega should thank their lucky stars isnt taking away from Lavega? i never said that and only ONE person on THIS thread said that - the other WOS posters came back and gave La Vega their due on the game thread

JR2004
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM

LaVega isn't losing a whole lot either. They were just as young as WOS was. I don't think they should "count their lucky stars" because they outplayed WOS. The best team and defense last Friday night was on Modoc's sideline.

setxsports
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Good then should be a dandy again next season!:p

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
LaVega isn't losing a whole lot either. They were just as young as WOS was. I don't think they should "count their lucky stars" because they outplayed WOS. The best team and defense last Friday night was on Modoc's sideline. I know Kortney Parr is a sr is Danzel Wilson a jr or a sr?

TexanFan4Life
12-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol

Players have no control over who they play. They just play whoever is on the schedule. Strength of schedule means absolutely nothing in the game of football when you're trying to rank teams or gauge how good they are.

JR2004
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I know Kortney Parr is a sr is Danzel Wilson a jr or a sr?

Wilson is a junior. They are losing just one of the big boys up front as well. That's the biggest thing for them and how much success they have. Their defense is always going to be strong. It has been just about every year over the last 15 or so with 2004 being the exception. The key each year for them is they have to have some big boys up front to run that JT Sweep and they have plenty of those right now and will for the next several years.

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
jr you going saturday

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Wilson is a junior. They are losing just one of the big boys up front as well. That's the biggest thing for them and how much success they have. Their defense is always going to be strong. It has been just about every year over the last 15 or so with 2004 being the exception. The key each year for them is they have to have some big boys up front to run that JT Sweep and they have plenty of those right now and will for the next several years.

Well shoot, just give 'em the titles already! Good Lord!

:D :D :D

TexanFan4Life
12-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Chris Parr will be a Junior next season. He's just as good as Kourtney, in my opinion. LV's OC DID however, make a few bonehead calls in that game. But hey..they still won. But still...play calls could have been a bit better.

Going for it on 4th and 4 from the WO-S 5 yard line right before the half and down 6...? Why???

JR2004
12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Chris Parr will be a Junior next season. He's just as good as Kourtney, in my opinion. LV's OC DID however, make a few bonehead calls in that game. But hey..they still won. But still...play calls could have been a bit better.

Going for it on 4th and 4 from the WO-S 5 yard line right before the half and down 6...? Why???

Chris is the better of the two. The coach for WOS said as much before the game. Their focus defensively was on shutting him down and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately for WOS his brother played pretty darn good.

Fotbol
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
WHine Whine Whine want some cheese with that wine. LV won like I said they would, but no they have good drugs in Killeen, and Marlin was what some poster said, Let me have some of that you're smoking, Now who's smoking now, Ha ha Ha!:D

j_dog
12-03-2007, 04:38 PM
why are all these wos people getting on here and blaming their offensive coordinator and trying to take away from what Lavega did. Is Lavega suppose to appologize for winning? You can blame your oc all day but the better team won
don't take it personally. they also blame him every week when they win. :D

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 05:59 PM
beat the snot out of them??? WOS led almost the entire game. WLV did pull out the win in the end...but definitely didn't "beat the snot" out of anyone.

setxsports
12-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Both teams were about the same. I wouldn't say La Vega was the better team.

King_LeYoeNidas
12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
That was me who said stuff about the crack cocaine lol....gotta admit I'm impressed. State worthy? Hard to say, but to use the "underclassman" excuse....that's pretty weak as one of La Vega's superstars is a sophomore as someone stated. I don't care how young you are, once you get to this level, you are an established team. I think LV crushes CS next round. If they win the last two, it will be one hell of a road traveled for them.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I'll take my crow... just cook it, gimme lots of ketchup and a six pack...

but beat the snot out of? lol... that's hilarious...

you were right, we were wrong... win like ya been there...

JR2004
12-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Both teams were about the same. I wouldn't say La Vega was the better team.

LaVega was the better team. If you want to be in denial about that, that's your perogative to feel that way. I didn't graduate from either school and was just there to see a 17-3A team that I've always enjoyed watching.

All I heard here last week, and elsewhere, was how MODOC didn't play as tough a schedule and hadn't lined up against teams as tough as what WOS saw. Last I checked, WOS had 196 yards of offense and not one single point after halftime. That 2nd half was completely controlled by LaVega. What I find really odd is folks who blame that loss on the OC for WOS. You want to see a bad OC then come to a game with me sometime and I promise you will never, ever gripe about your OC EVER AGAIN if you see what I support on a weekly basis.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the team speed over in the Centex was equal to, if not better, than what WOS brought to the table? That might have just played a small role in the play selection used by the OC for WOS.

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Both teams were about the same. I wouldn't say La Vega was the better team. thats fine the scoreboard says all that needs to be said

setxsports
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Whatever! WOS best RB didn't even play but 2 plays due to injury 2 weeks before. He was the Jr. that will be back.

Stownhorse
12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
who teams played in the regular season is irrelevant now .......

Unless you are Snyder. lol

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Whatever! WOS best RB didn't even play but 2 plays due to injury 2 weeks before. He was the Jr. that will be back. what does that have to do with anything? One of the worst excuses Ive heard yall beat us because our running back only played two plays the week before

buff4life
12-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Whatever! WOS best RB didn't even play but 2 plays due to injury 2 weeks before. He was the Jr. that will be back.

Weren't many people on here whining about Fitz not playing against yall...the team knew he was iffy and had ample time to prepare without him...just say congratulations

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 09:45 PM
what does that have to do with anything? One of the worst excuses Ive heard yall beat us because our running back only played two plays the week before LOL this is funny considering what we discussed earlier today :D lmao

setxsports
12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
what does that have to do with anything? One of the worst excuses Ive heard yall beat us because our running back only played two plays the week before WOS' Main RB didn't play against Giddings either.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
WOS' Main RB didn't play against Giddings either. exactly...and from what I listened to...its probably a good thing Fitzhenry didn't play...sounded like the other kid allowed Giddings to go to the air a bit more. So....

buff4life
12-03-2007, 11:51 PM
WOS' Main RB didn't play against Giddings either.

the Senior RB is/was the main running back...Fitz was a big part of the offense...and we didn't throw that good overthrew alot of receivers and there was running room...

setxsports
12-04-2007, 12:32 AM
the Senior RB is/was the main running back...Fitz was a big part of the offense...and we didn't throw that good overthrew alot of receivers and there was running room... The Jr. back was even better!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
They didn't beat Marlin by much!

Like 20-12 or sumthin

Snyder beat Marlin 28-12

eagles_victory
12-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
They didn't beat Marlin by much!

Like 20-12 or sumthin

Snyder beat Marlin 28-12 Lavegas two best players were suspended fo that game

griff
12-04-2007, 07:12 AM
I could say WOS could count lucky stars too but i won't...

Because if you say it (someone from Giddings), it would mean something different. WO-S was better than Giddings. LaVega was a better than WO-S. It's as simple as that.

griff
12-04-2007, 07:39 AM
LaVega was the better team. If you want to be in denial about that, that's your perogative to feel that way. I didn't graduate from either school and was just there to see a 17-3A team that I've always enjoyed watching.

All I heard here last week, and elsewhere, was how MODOC didn't play as tough a schedule and hadn't lined up against teams as tough as what WOS saw. Last I checked, WOS had 196 yards of offense and not one single point after halftime. That 2nd half was completely controlled by LaVega. What I find really odd is folks who blame that loss on the OC for WOS. You want to see a bad OC then come to a game with me sometime and I promise you will never, ever gripe about your OC EVER AGAIN if you see what I support on a weekly basis.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the team speed over in the Centex was equal to, if not better, than what WOS brought to the table? That might have just played a small role in the play selection used by the OC for WOS.

I'm a supporter of WO-S. LaVega was the better team. If you'll check the other threads about the game, you'll see that WO-S fans (with one or two exceptions) have been complimentary about your team. Now that I have reestablished that point, maybe you'll listen to my next few statements.

LaVega played a weak schedule. The teams they played have a combined losing record (by a lot). The combined records of WO-S' opponents have a winning record. WO-S played a tougher schedule, but that takes nothing away from LaVega's win against WO-S.

As for WO-S' offensive coordinator, we've been complaining about him since he arrived in 2000. His playcalling has cost us too many games. I wish his play selection would have been more aggressive in the second half against LaVega, but this did not cost WO-S the game. LaVega played keep-away ball control and terrific defense in the second half, and that's where the game was won. WO-S managed only 20 something yards and zero first downs in the second half. I'll say it again for your satisfaction. LaVega was the better team.

Concerning buff4life's comments...get over it. :rolleyes: LaVega would have beaten your team, too.

JJ7997
12-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by griff

Concerning buff4life's comments...get over it. :rolleyes: LaVega would have beaten your team, too.

Word :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by griff
I'm a supporter of WO-S. LaVega was the better team. If you'll check the other threads about the game, you'll see that WO-S fans (with one or two exceptions) have been complimentary about your team. Now that I have reestablished that point, maybe you'll listen to my next few statements.

LaVega played a weak schedule. The teams they played have a combined losing record (by a lot). The combined records of WO-S' opponents have a winning record. WO-S played a tougher schedule, but that takes nothing away from LaVega's win against WO-S.

As for WO-S' offensive coordinator, we've been complaining about him since he arrived in 2000. His playcalling has cost us too many games. I wish his play selection would have been more aggressive in the second half against LaVega, but this did not cost WO-S the game. LaVega played keep-away ball control and terrific defense in the second half, and that's where the game was won. WO-S managed only 20 something yards and zero first downs in the second half. I'll say it again for your satisfaction. LaVega was the better team.

:clap: :clap:

buff4life
12-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Word :clap: :clap: :clap:

nice job TRYING to punk me...i never made any comments concerning LaVega, not one strictly to **********...don't get on me but i'll keep my opinions to myself just trying to prove a point....some maybe one you are too arrogant after your big win to see that...

and we will never know if Giddings would have beat LaVega

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Lavegas two best players were suspended fo that game

:thinking:

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM

A win is a win and a loss is a loss. There are things ya'll might have been able to do to win but ya'll didn't do them. It doesn't matter who should have won, what matters is who did win.

JJ7997
12-04-2007, 03:05 PM
The point is that La Vega is still playing and Giddings and WO-S aint. Lets quit kicking the proverbial dead horse and let this one go. I simply stated that La Vega won and would have beat Giddings as well, thats not disrespect.

DU_stud04
12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAH!!!!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAH!!!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAH!!!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEAH!!!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:D

buff4life
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM
The point is that La Vega is still playing and Giddings and WO-S aint. Lets quit kicking the proverbial dead horse and let this one go. I simply stated that La Vega won and would have beat Giddings as well, thats not disrespect.

whatever opinions are opinions and we can't change the past no matter how misfortunate it may be...

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
The point is that La Vega is still playing and Giddings and WO-S aint. Lets quit kicking the proverbial dead horse and let this one go. I simply stated that La Vega won and would have beat Giddings as well, thats not disrespect. and who cares if it is disrespectful? :devil:

JR2004
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
and who cares if it is disrespectful? :devil:

Go update your basketball roster...lol...You've got one guy in the lineup for today!

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Go update your basketball roster...lol...You've got one guy in the lineup for today! Shoot!!! :mad: :foul:

JJ7997
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
and who cares if it is disrespectful? :devil:

Aha ! Your back ! :devil: :inlove: