Originally posted by Go Blue
MVP - Tom Brady

Offensive POTY - Tony Romo or Brett Favre
Defensive POTY - Antonio Cromartie

Offensive ROTY - Adrian Peterson
Defensive ROTY - Patrick Willis

Comeback POTY - Priest Holmes(maybe?)

Coach of the Year - Wade Phillips or Bill Belichick

Priest Holmes -- played in one game then re-retired. Kurt Warner is my vote.

I agree with the rest though!

Macarthur
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'd go a little differently with a few of those picks:

MVP - Tom Brady

Offensive POTY - Randy Moss
Defensive POTY - Demarcus Ware

Offensive ROTY - Adrian Peterson
Defensive ROTY - Patrick Willis

Comeback POTY - Kurt Warner

Coach of the year - Romeo Crennel

Your list is pretty good. I second the Crennel vote as much as I hate it as a Cowboys fan.

I also would pick one or two more folks instead of Moss. I would have a hard time selecting a QB as MVP and a WR as offensive POY from the same team. Kind of a chicken and egg thing.

STANG RED
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd have to go with Wade Phillips over Belichick. The Pats are no real big surprise imo. The Cowboys however are a huge surprise to most.
Jury is still out on Romo, but he is having a great year. Just need to see how he handles the playoffs. He had a little lull there in the middle of the season, but he seems to be getting back on track now. I do believe he's got a lot of great years ahead of him, if he can stay healthy. Right now he's not taking too many hard hits, and the O line is giving him lots of time. His sidearm throwing motion is very odd though. If he wasnt getting such great protection I think he would get a lot more batted balls than he is.

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
MVP- Tom Brady

Offensive P.O.Y- Tony Romo
Defensive P.O.Y- Demarcus Ware

Offensive R.O.Y- Adrian Peterson
Defensive R.O.Y- Patrick Willis

Comeback P.O.Y- Derek Anderson (Browns QB)

Coach of Year- Romeo Crenell

Jason1725
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Why not Big Ben for comeback player of the year?

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'd have to go with Wade Phillips over Belichick. The Pats are no real big surprise imo. The Cowboys however are a huge surprise to most.
Jury is still out on Romo, but he is having a great year. Just need to see how he handles the playoffs. He had a little lull there in the middle of the season, but he seems to be getting back on track now. I do believe he's got a lot of great years ahead of him, if he can stay healthy. Right now he's not taking too many hard hits, and the O line is giving him lots of time. His sidearm throwing motion is very odd though. If he wasnt getting such great protection I think he would get a lot more batted balls than he is.

Kind of off the subject, but how long does the jury have to be out on Romo??? He's passed every challenge that has been thrown at him, and every time he plays a big game, people start talking about how it's a real test of Romo's abilities...how many tests does he have to go through before he becomes "legit"????

Say what you will about needing to succeed in the playoffs, but I can rattle off about 15 guys who are considered "great" quarterbacks that never won a Super Bowl.

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
Why not Big Ben for comeback player of the year?

that's a good nomination! I hadn't thought of that!

Highschoolfan78
12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
[i]Originally posted by
Coach of Year- Romeo Crenell [/B]

I wouldn't quite give it to him yet. I think if the browns do end up making the playoffs, then yes he has a legitimate shot at winning the Coach of the Year award. I think Steelers coach and Green Bay's coach deserve recognition.

Highschoolfan78
12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
MVP- Tom Brady

Defensive P.O.Y- Titans' Haynesworth

Comeback P.O.Y- Kurt Warner

Coach of Year- Either Green Bay's or Pittsburg's Coach

Macarthur
12-03-2007, 01:40 PM
If Green Bay's coach is COY, then Wade Phillips is Coach of the Century because he made tons of coaching errors in that game
Thursday.

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
how is Derek Anderson only getting consideration from me for comeback player of the year?

Highschoolfan78
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
If Green Bay's coach is COY, then Wade Phillips is Coach of the Century because he made tons of coaching errors in that game
Thursday.

honestly all 3 Coaches for the Cowboys, Packers, or Steelers are great candidates in my mind. Packers and Steelers were sub-par finishing 8-8, while the Cowboys were in the playoffs with a 9-7 regular season. You are probably right about Wade being the COY... I was thinking the cowboys were 11-5 or 10-6 last year. I didn't get to watch the Green Bay vs. Cowboys because of some little controversy between cable companies and the NFL that affected the whole country haha..

crzyjournalist03
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
how is Derek Anderson only getting consideration from me for comeback player of the year?

what did he "come back" from????

buff4life
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
MVP- Tom Brady

Defensive P.O.Y- Titans' Haynesworth

Comeback P.O.Y- Kurt Warner

Coach of Year- Either Green Bay's or Pittsburg's Coach

Haynesworth was the key to the Titans great run defense, but once he went out the D almost went to crap...

Highschoolfan78
12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Haynesworth was the key to the Titans great run defense, but once he went out the D almost went to crap...

yeah, this past week he returned, and the outcome showed.

Buccaneer
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM

Cause he has never been there before, can't have a comeback .

I would call Randy Moss having a comeback year. There were reports last year he was finished!

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Cause he has never been there before, can't have a comeback .

I would call Randy Moss having a comeback year. There were reports last year he was finished! he played like at least a pretty good portion of last season and didnt do very good at all

Buccaneer
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
he played like at least a pretty good portion of last season and didnt do very good at all

That is the requirements for a comeback! Coming back from poor play, retirement or an injury!