PDA

View Full Version : Which recruiting service do you prefer?

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Poll. Explain your reasoning for your vote please.

nobogey72
12-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Poll. Explain your reasoning for your vote please.

I didn't vote at all. Because you jacked with me on my thread. I think your poll sux. :D :D

big daddy russ
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Scout. And there are two reasons.

1. They tend to rank their players based on how good those players are, not how good they are vs. the rest of this year's class. They don't have a "limit" on how many five-star players there should be (Rivals typically tags between 24 and 32 any given year). Rivals may show one class with 24 five-stars and the next class, which is light years better, will only have 30 five-stars. Scout doesn't care. If he's worth five stars, he gets five stars.

2. I've seen enough football games with enough prospects and some of those Rivals lists leave me scratching my head. To this day, I can't figure out how Michael Goodson (Klein Collins HS) dropped from five stars to four after his committment to TAMU. Sure, his rushing average dropped from the rediculous 11.5 yards per carry he put up his junior year, but 9.8 yards per on a less-talented team isn't exactly bad, and his star dropped long after their season was over. I also can't figure out how they do some of their rankings when some of the prospects I watch aren't just marginally better than some of the kids ranked higher, but easily better. I guess I just think Scout does a better job with the rankings.

3afan
12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
neither ..... both are someone's cash cow, thats the bottom line

Buccaneer
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Why do You need a recruiting service?

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Why do You need a recruiting service? Would just like a little more insight to the recruiting scene.

Gobbla2001
12-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm not recruiting anyone so I don't really care... it's cool to see who's ranked where so I can maybe check out one of the games featuring the kid etc... but I don't use it as a "service" and don't pay for it... I can figure out who's ranked where whenever... no need for me to pay for a list of high school athletes that I won't be recruiting or putting into a fantasy football league...

maybe it's just me, but I kinda find it disturbing that someone charges for information on high school athletes (hell, people were mad when Fran charged for information on college athletes)...

just me, though...

WylieBulldog92
12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Scout. And there are two reasons.

1. They tend to rank their players based on how good those players are, not how good they are vs. the rest of this year's class. They don't have a "limit" on how many five-star players there should be (Rivals typically tags between 24 and 32 any given year). Rivals may show one class with 24 five-stars and the next class, which is light years better, will only have 30 five-stars. Scout doesn't care. If he's worth five stars, he gets five stars.

2. I've seen enough football games with enough prospects and some of those Rivals lists leave me scratching my head. To this day, I can't figure out how Michael Goodson (Klein Collins HS) dropped from five stars to four after his committment to TAMU. Sure, his rushing average dropped from the rediculous 11.5 yards per carry he put up his junior year, but 9.8 yards per on a less-talented team isn't exactly bad, and his star dropped long after their season was over. I also can't figure out how they do some of their rankings when some of the prospects I watch aren't just marginally better than some of the kids ranked higher, but easily better. I guess I just think Scout does a better job with the rankings. :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Poll. Explain your reasoning for your vote please. No.:D

sweetwater07
12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Rivals, plain and simple

i love how they are very detailed and even show you a Top 100 for Texas