PDA

View Full Version : The Ohio State Buckeyes vs. LSU Tigers

blowfish
12-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Buckeyes by 17 over the pretenders. Beanie Wells will run all over the Tigers.

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Buckeyes by 17 over the pretenders. Beanie Wells will run all over the Tigers. Ohio State are pretenders. They haven't played ANYONE all season.

LSU rolls just like Florida did last year.

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
LSU by 30

GreenGobbla
12-02-2007, 08:28 PM
uh, ill take LSU by 17

Cameron Crazy
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
I call the officails by 10

blowfish
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
And who has LSU played?

blowfish
12-02-2007, 08:33 PM
I will admit we had our hat handed to us last year by the Gators. I think the long layoff hurt us. This year Tressel will know how to combat the long layoff and we will roll all over the Tigers.

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 08:33 PM
And who has LSU played?
Ohio State:
Illinoise

LSU:
Virginia Tech
South Carolina
Florida
Kentucky
Auburn
Tennessee
Arkansas

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I will admit we had our hat handed to us last year by the Gators. I think the long layoff hurt us. This year Tressel will know how to combat the long layoff and we will roll all over the Tigers. Poor excuse.

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM
LSU....by a bunch. I'll be flipping over to watch My Name is Earl by halftime.

zebrablue2
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM
home game for the tigers.. LSU by 2 tds.........

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
I will admit we had our hat handed to us last year by the Gators. I think the long layoff hurt us. This year Tressel will know how to combat the long layoff and we will roll all over the Tigers.
It wasn't the long layoff that made them lose. It was having one of the worst heisman winners ever and just not being that good.

And who has LSU played?

#9 Virginia Tech W, 48-7
#12 South Carolina W, 28-16
#18 Auburn W, 30-24
#14 Tennessee W, 21-14

JJ7997
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
LSU wins 62 - 10

iknoweverything
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
And who has LSU played?

Is this a serious question or not? I dont think there is any doubt that Lsu is one of the top two teams in the nation and that Ohio State isnt.

sahen
12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
geaux tigers!

LSU by 3 TDs

Gators17
12-02-2007, 09:22 PM
LSU biiiiig. Ohio State hasn't played anyone...besides Illinois who somehow, i don't think anyone knows, got into a BCS bowl. LSU had the way tougher schedule and besides that, are just flat-out better. I'm taking LSU by 3 td's.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 09:32 PM
even Herbstreit admits Ohio State's pre-confrence schedule was weak and that the confrence overall was soft...

this game will serve one purpose, and that will be to show the country what the Big Ten wasn't this year, and that's a respectable BCS confrence... I don't see them being very respectable in the near future either...

This one will be close at first... for like the first minute when it's 0-0... then 7-0... then that it's

The Tigers will geaux crazy on tOSU at home...

Snydertigersrul
12-02-2007, 09:34 PM
The BCS got it right, Ohio State and LSU are the two best teams. Both of LSU's losses came in triple overtimes to fellow SEC rivals. The SEC is by far the best conference. It's going to be a great game.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The BCS got it right, Ohio State and LSU are the two best teams. Both of LSU's losses came in triple overtimes to fellow SEC rivals. The SEC is by far the best conference. It's going to be a great game.

I think with the way the system is they got it right, but these aren't the two best teams in the country... LSU is for a top 3 type team I guess you could say, but tOSU just happens to the be the best team in a dying confrence, they're a #10 team at best...

big daddy russ
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM
The Illini are the real deal. Don't be surprised if they sneak another win in there.

Big Papa
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The Illini are the real deal. Don't be surprised if they sneak another win in there.

i agree with this...and they should be one of hte top ranked teams going into next year

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D

And meanwhile OSU are the pretenders.

rockdale80
12-02-2007, 10:28 PM

The same Illini that lost to Missouri and Michigan at home, and to Iowa on the road?:thinking:

JJ7997
12-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
The same Illini that lost to Missouri and Michigan at home, and to Iowa on the road?:thinking:

Ouch.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Ouch.

true dat

Gators17
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i agree with this...and they should be one of hte top ranked teams going into next year

I don't think they should be TOP ranked, maybe top 15 at best.

rockdale80
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
true dat

ON the flip side of that USC did lose to Stanford so anything is possible. :cool:

Personally I want the Illini to win, just not sure they can hang with USC. Depends on which USC team shows up. Pete Carroll has shown in the past that he knows how to get his team ready for a bowl game.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
ON the flip side of that USC did lose to Stanford so anything is possible. :cool:

Personally I want the Illini to win, just not sure they can hang with USC. Depends on which USC team shows up. Pete Carroll has shown in the past that he knows how to get his team ready for a bowl game.

well it's obviously gunna be the healthy USC team that shows up... Carroll said in an interview about two hours ago that he made a stupid decision by letting Booty continue to play in the Stanford game after breaking his thumb... after breaking his thumb he threw four INTs in that game... USC probably could have gotten outta there with a dub-ya had they put in the back-up right off the bat... woulda been less picks which would have kept Stanford outta that game... but he admits that was his mistake, and that's a part of the game so that's how that goes...

they're healthy now and are gunna give the Illini a fourth loss... a big fourth loss...

I like the Illini... tough group of players, excellent coaching... just a great overall story...

wedo
12-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Buckeyes by 17 over the pretenders. Beanie Wells will run all over the Tigers.

Yeah right!! with over another month till this game, LSU will finally be healthy and they will have too much speed for OSU. Just like Florida did! Plus it will basically be a home game for LSU!

wedo
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The SEC is by far the best conference. It's going to be a great game.

The SEC is by far the toughest conf. and nobody in the nation would go undefeated in that conf.

SEC=The other NFL

rockdale80
12-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by wedo
The SEC is by far the toughest conf. and nobody in the nation would go undefeated in that conf.

SEC=The other NFL

That's a stretch

SUPERMANN5107
12-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Ohio State doesnt deserve to be in the NC game. First of all they haven't played anyone all season except for Illinois. Second, the Big 10 doesn't have a championship game. IMO the only way a team in the Big 10, Pac 10, or whoever else doesn't have a conference championship game does not deserve to be in the NC game unless they are undefeated. The BCS is a joke anyway

bigron15
12-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
well it's obviously gunna be the healthy USC team that shows up... Carroll said in an interview about two hours ago that he made a stupid decision by letting Booty continue to play in the Stanford game after breaking his thumb... after breaking his thumb he threw four INTs in that game... USC probably could have gotten outta there with a dub-ya had they put in the back-up right off the bat... woulda been less picks which would have kept Stanford outta that game... but he admits that was his mistake, and that's a part of the game so that's how that goes...

they're healthy now and are gunna give the Illini a fourth loss... a big fourth loss...

I like the Illini... tough group of players, excellent coaching... just a great overall story...

hindsight is always 20/20

bigron15
12-02-2007, 11:58 PM
if Oklahoma throttles the #1 team by 21, they should be in the NC. along with probably USC. best teams playing right now!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Who gives a crap? This hole process suks.

TexanFan4Life
12-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
if Oklahoma throttles the #1 team by 21, they should be in the NC. along with probably USC. best teams playing right now!

They may be the best 2 teams playing RIGHT NOW, like you say, but the national championship game should be between the 2 teams that have put together the best season, from Game 1 until now. Going by those criteria, the Championship game should be

Oklahoma vs. Hawaii

bigron15
12-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
They may be the best 2 teams playing RIGHT NOW, like you say, but the national championship game should be between the 2 teams that have put together the best season, from Game 1 until now. Going by those criteria, the Championship game should be

Oklahoma vs. Hawaii

sounds good to me but Hawaii would get pwned

TexanFan4Life
12-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
sounds good to me but Hawaii would get pwned

I think it'd be a good game, with OU coming out on top at the end. It would be fun to see Brennan lighting up OU's secondary a few times.

big daddy russ
12-03-2007, 03:18 AM
The Illini that started eight freshmen and sophomores and only seven seniors? Yup, that'd be the one. ;)

And while I'm at it, LSU by as much as they want. I hope this one doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

RMAC
12-03-2007, 04:23 AM
LSU by 3 TD's. The Overrated School Up there just happens to be in a slowly decaying coference, as numerous posters have already pointed out. Funny, had we not be OU, it's the Tigers and Mobilhoma. . . oh well. It is what it is. Still think Mizz is a top 10 team easy, just got shafted by the whole conference championship game deal, but it's happened to many teams in the past. They knew going in that if they didn't win they'd likely get the stick from the BCS, and that's what happened. Personally, I'm looking forward to the ATM/Penn St. matchup. Should be a great game.

KTJ
12-03-2007, 07:31 AM
The best two teams RIGHT NOW are USC and Georgia, with OU coming in a close 3rd.

Oh, and LSU will roll and I'll be right there cheering them along.

rockdale80
12-03-2007, 09:01 AM
The Illini that started eight freshmen and sophomores and only seven seniors? Yup, that'd be the one. ;)

And while I'm at it, LSU by as much as they want. I hope this one doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

The same Illini that lost to Missouri and Michigan at home, and to Iowa on the road?

Potential doesnt equal victory. Next year maybe, but they have shown their youth more than once this year. 3 times to be exact.

Phil C
12-03-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't know who is going to win but I have a feeling it is going to be one sided but I don't know which way. That is great because it will mean that it can be argued that the two best teams didn't get there. Let the BCS nightmare continue. :)

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:21 AM
This is a pretty weak National championship game because of the teams in it and their records. It will be a close game but I think LSU should win.

P.S. I am really looking forward to Hawaii and Georgia.

eagle40
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
And who has LSU played?

how about winning the sec? every week you're playing someone in that conference.

eagle40
12-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life

Oklahoma vs. Hawaii

Hawaii? HAHAHAHA

big daddy russ
12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
The same Illini that lost to Missouri and Michigan at home, and to Iowa on the road?

Potential doesnt equal victory. Next year maybe, but they have shown their youth more than once this year. 3 times to be exact.
They've also shown their potential more than once this year with wins against three of the conference's four big boys (Wisconsin, Penn St, and Ohio State) and only one loss by double-digits--- the ten-point loss to Michigan.

The Illini will keep it close, but will only play as well as Juice Williams. In the games that he struggled later in the season (Michigan and Iowa-- heck, he was benched against Iowa), Illinois fell flat. When he played well and managed the team, the Illini were a machine.

As good as the Trojans' defense is, USC tends to have problems with athletic QB's who can keep plays alive (Willie Tuitama, Dennis Dixon), and Williams fits the mold.

Honestly, the Illini fit the mold of a giant killer all the way around. They're fast as hell, young, emotionally charged, have learned how to win even in close games, can keep a game close, and are on the way up as a program. As good as USC's playing right now, six weeks is a long time between games. Emotion can help you sometimes and it can hurt you sometimes, but I think the Illini are in a perfect position to send shockwaves through college football.

rockdale80
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
They've also shown their potential more than once this year with wins against three of the conference's four big boys (Wisconsin, Penn St, and Ohio State) and only one loss by double-digits--- the ten-point loss to Michigan.

The Illini will keep it close, but will only play as well as Juice Williams. In the games that he struggled later in the season (Michigan and Iowa-- heck, he was benched against Iowa), Illinois fell flat. When he played well and managed the team, the Illini were a machine.

As good as the Trojans' defense is, USC tends to have problems with athletic QB's who can keep plays alive (Willie Tuitama, Dennis Dixon), and Williams fits the mold.

Honestly, the Illini fit the mold of a giant killer all the way around. They're fast as hell, young, emotionally charged, have learned how to win even in close games, can keep a game close, and are on the way up as a program. As good as USC's playing right now, six weeks is a long time between games. Emotion can help you sometimes and it can hurt you sometimes, but I think the Illini are in a perfect position to send shockwaves through college football.

I am not saying you are wrong. Just saying that several of the teams we have been talking about this year seem to be sub-par. Illinois included. I think USC is down. Maybe I am just spoiled because I am accustomed to watching good teams play.