PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood 10..Daingerfield 0...Final

PPHSfan
12-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Congratulations to the Rangers. You guys played a fantastic game.

wildstangs
12-14-2002, 07:12 PM
PPHSfan:
Congratulations to the Rangers. You guys played a fantastic game.Congrats to the Rangers!!! I want to apologize for not believing! Good luck next week against Bandera. You guys have made West Texas extremely proud! Keep it up.

sinton66
12-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Congratulations Rangers. One more step! Go Rangers!!!!!!!!

Buffalo
12-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Great job. When and where do they play next?

vet93
12-14-2002, 07:54 PM
I am loving this....I have been poor mouthing a little this week because I knew that these guys weren't chop liver like all of the guys from east texas thought. They are a lot faster than most people think. They are also tough, well-disciplined and play well as a team. I knew when all of the people were talking about Daingerfield being a smash mouthed team that they didn't know how well we play smash mouthed football ourselves out here in the netherlands. If you are going to beat the Rangers you are going to HAVE to throw the ball. That is the one weakness that this team may have. This concerns me since Bandera has a good passing attack with Hicks. I still believe that the Rangers can win though...Good luck guys...stay focused...don't read the press and bring home a championship!!!!

Gilmer Buckeye
12-14-2002, 09:38 PM
Congratulations, Midland Greenwood. Y'all must have one helluva defense to have shut out the Tigers. But it's true that D'field has become more one-dimensional during the playoffs in terms of going with the run almost exclusively. Big mistake,IMHO. You always need both in order to keep defenses off-balance and from stacking eight or nine guys in the box.
I was very wrong in my prediction. A lot of Gilmer people hate Daingerfield and are happy. Daingerfield is a very cocky football town and was already measuring the trophy case for this one, but I don't really feel glad that they lost. It is always heartbreaking to come this far and lose. So I congratulate the Tigers on a great season as well. I do think they may have been a little overconfident after having broken Celina's streak and after having won so easily the last couple of weeks.