PDA

View Full Version : Southlake

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I am so glad that Abilene High won yesterday. I do not care for Southlake, yes they do work hard, but also the get some pretty dang good move ins. Every Sports analyst in Texas, does nothing but sing the praises of Southlake they think they hung the moon.

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
I am so glad that Abilene High won yesterday. I do not care for Southlake, yes they do work hard, but also the get some pretty dang good move ins. Every Sports analyst in Texas, does nothing but sing the praises of Southlake they think they hung the moon. yea they had won three straight state championships what do you expect people to do?

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Im not saying that they shouldn't be publicized, but what about when Midland Lee did it, I don't think they were on FSN week in and week out. Connections and money have a lot to do with everything.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 02:57 PM
they have a great tradition there and if you keep your tradition going it either dies hard or doesn't die at all...

if you had a son that was a very good 8th grade/freshmen football player and you needed to move up to that area which school would you send your kid to?

if you build it, they will come...

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 02:58 PM
It be interesting to see how many of SLC starters have lived their since they were kids. I bet 20 of them have been their since atleast elementary school.

eagles_victory
Im not saying that they shouldn't be publicized, but what about when Midland Lee did it, I don't think they were on FSN week in and week out. Connections and money have a lot to do with everything. Every major program gets on TV now its just the way things have changed. SLC won mythical NC's also has something to do with it. How do you know Southlake gets move ins by the way?

Gobbla2001
Im not saying that they shouldn't be publicized, but what about when Midland Lee did it, I don't think they were on FSN week in and week out. Connections and money have a lot to do with everything.

#1 SLC is in the metroplex, you're gunna get more coverage where there are more cameras etc...

#2 Midland Lee did it 7 years ago... HS football coverage has grown a lot since then...

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
True, but I read the article in DCTF last year, they just talked about how Southlake has average athletes that just work very hard. Thats bull crap, they have the top athletes in Texas, and to sit there and say that they're some middle of the road team that just works hard is bull.

eagle40
12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
they went 3 seasons and then some without a loss. that comes from more than move-ins. i'm not a huge fan of them, but i respect the hell out of them.

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Every major program gets on TV now its just the way things have changed. SLC won mythical NC's also has something to do with it. How do you know Southlake gets move ins by the way?

My cousin lives in Southlake.

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM
True, but I read the article in DCTF last year, they just talked about how Southlake has average athletes that just work very hard. Thats bull crap, they have the top athletes in Texas, and to sit there and say that they're some middle of the road team that just works hard is bull. how many 5 star players have they produced that went on to star in college because they were such great athletes. Chase Daniel... who else you got kid?

3afan
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM

that was back in the late 90s ..... media/coverage has changed a ton since then ...

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
True, but I read the article in DCTF last year, they just talked about how Southlake has average athletes that just work very hard. Thats bull crap, they have the top athletes in Texas, and to sit there and say that they're some middle of the road team that just works hard is bull.

they have good athletes like any 5A school in the state (or most)... SLC is NOT head and shoulders above the rest of the state in talent... they'll have a good QB, a quick receiver and a good line... they do play hard... tradition also factors into these things... winning is contageous and you don't want to be that first team to suck... and when you do suck one year or so then the kids coming up want to win because that's what they saw when they were in 7th/8th grade going to all of those games...

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
But they do. All of their starters are working out probably before and after school everyday. Your team works out during athletics then goes home and plays xbox.

eagle40
12-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Their athletes aren't superior to any other 5A power. Those other teams in the top tier get just as many D1 recruits.

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Listen im not saying they got here just from move ins. What Im saying is they view theirselves along with DCTF and FSN, as a team that is average but works to where they are. NO, they have the top athletes in Texas that is why. Don't get me wrong I respect what they've done but im not one to jump on their crotch just because of that, they're not Gods gift to HS football.

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Listen im not saying they got here just from move ins. What Im saying is they view theirselves along with DCTF and FSN, as a team that is average but works to where they are. NO, they have the top athletes in Texas that is why. Don't get me wrong I respect what they've done but im not one to jump on their crotch just because of that, they're not Gods gift to HS football.
But they don't. They just know what they are doing when they step onto the field and have a good system. No offense, but they are all white, they don't have the best athletes in the state.

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Listen im not saying they got here just from move ins. What Im saying is they view theirselves along with DCTF and FSN, as a team that is average but works to where they are. NO, they have the top athletes in Texas that is why. Don't get me wrong I respect what they've done but im not one to jump on their crotch just because of that, they're not Gods gift to HS football. I guarantee you Lufkin has much better athletes then SLC but compare results. SLC is much better

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
But they do. All of their starters are working out probably before and after school everyday. Your team works out during athletics then goes home and plays xbox.

No not hardly, we do the same thing, we work out before and after.

lion75
12-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't like Southlake, but to try and discredit their success by saying it because of an inordinate amount of move-ins sounds lame.

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
But they don't. They just know what they are doing when they step onto the field and have a good system. No offense, but they are all white, they don't have the best athletes in the state. Wow, I seriously think your an idiot, check their receivers 40 times. They all run 4.4s or low 4.5s . Look at they're line they average 280. You can't tell me they don't have athletes.

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I guarantee you Lufkin has much better athletes then SLC but compare results. SLC is much better

Put some stats up to back up that gurantee Matt.

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Put some stats up to back up that gurantee Matt. Look at the major D1 players from Lufkin and look at the major D1 players from SLC

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Look at the major D1 players from Lufkin and look at the major D1 players from SLC

HAHA,,,,,,,,,,,, ya SLC has a Heisman canidate, wheres Lufkins. Keep trying you scrub.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Put some stats up to back up that gurantee Matt.

okay, I think we're all going off of different definitions of "athlete"...

I think most of us are saying that they do not have that raw, natural born talent that some other 5A teams in the state do... they do not... look at Lufkin then look at SLC... I saw 'em play in '04 and SLC didn't have as much raw talent on that field... was a good game and could have gone either way at the end there...

BUT they may play harder... I guess that could make them better athletes...

as for that raw talent, I don't think SLC is the tops in that category, though they do have talented kids...

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM
HAHA,,,,,,,,,,,, ya SLC has a Heisman canidate, wheres Lufkins. Keep trying you scrub.

Lufkin could have a Heisman canidate if he didn't eat as much and if Fran had used him more effectively this year...

Daniels is a great QB, no doubt... but that's one... most of us have seen both Lufkin and SLC play... we know what we're talkin' bout, yo...

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
HAHA,,,,,,,,,,,, ya SLC has a Heisman canidate, wheres Lufkins. Keep trying you scrub. lol not a heisman canidate anymore and I already said i would give you Chase Daniel can you name anyone else... still havent come up with anything have you? Dez Bryant, Terrance Parks, Reggie Mcneal, Javorskie Lane, Terrence Kiel, Rex Hadnot, Bryan Gilmore just to name a few

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
okay, I think we're all going off of different definitions of "athlete"...

I think most of us are saying that they do not have that raw, natural born talent that some other 5A teams in the state do... they do not... look at Lufkin then look at SLC... I saw 'em play in '04 and SLC didn't have as much raw talent on that field... was a good game and could have gone either way at the end there...

BUT they may play harder... I guess that could make them better athletes...

as for that raw talent, I don't think SLC is the tops in that category, though they do have talented kids...

Ya I see where your comin from, but Eagles-victory, said look at the d-1 signees to make the comparisons of athletes. Southlake has more d-1 signees in the past 3 years then any other High School in Texas.

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
lol not a heisman canidate anymore and I already said i would give you Chase Daniel can you name anyone else... still havent come up with anything have you? Dez Bryant, Terrance Parks, Reggie Mcneal, Javorskie Lane, Terrence Kiel, Rex Hadnot, Bryan Gilmore just to name a few

You still mad about your sr. year of basketball.

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Ya I see where your comin from, but Eagles-victory, said look at the d-1 signees to make the comparisons of athletes. Southlake has more d-1 signees in the past 3 years then any other High School in Texas. SLC guysare going to places like Rice and UNT the Lufkin guys are going to TAMU, UT, Oklahoma St. as gobbla said most of us have seen Lufkin play against SLC and Lufkin was the much more athletic team. I think anyone on here would agree with that.

3afan
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Wow, I seriously think your an idiot, check their receivers 40 times. They all run 4.4s or low 4.5s . Look at they're line they average 280. You can't tell me they don't have athletes.

he didint say that - he said "best athletes in the state."

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
SLC guysare going to places like Rice and UNT the Lufkin guys are going to TAMU, UT, Oklahoma St. as gobbla said most of us have seen Lufkin play against SLC and Lufkin was the much more athletic team. I think anyone on here would agree with that.

Ya you are.

PlayaJBiehl20
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Eagles victory you been freshing up on your hoops skills.

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
You still mad about your sr. year of basketball. cant keep up in an arguement and now have to go after him.... :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
You still mad about your sr. year of basketball. no not at all I mean 29-6 was a great season we started off 17-0 best start in school history and made it to the third round. I was neve mad great season. We should of probably went deeper but what happens happens so no need to be mad but just happy to look back at all the good memories and all the good things we did as a team.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
But they don't. They just know what they are doing when they step onto the field and have a good system. No offense, but they are all white, they don't have the best athletes in the state.

You don't know what your talking about!

Argyle was an all white team and I mean everyone of them! They were a very good football team!

Apparenlty you don't know anyone from Southlake

SpeedOption
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
It looks like Celina-SLC envy has reared its ugly head.