PDA

View Full Version : BCS is a JOKE

TOPDOG
12-02-2007, 02:40 PM
They should just throw out this BCS crap and go by best records. But we all know it's all about MONEY,TV Raitings. It's not about football anymore.............

eagles_victory
12-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TOPDOG
They should just throw out this BCS crap and go by best records. But we all know it's all about MONEY,TV Raitings. It's not about football anymore............. very well thought out plan... how do you decide between two teams that have the same record? Why would teams ever play any good teams in the regular season? Non conference games would be FBS teams vs FCS teams week in and week out.

KTJ
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
They should just throw out this BCS crap and go by best records. But we all know it's all about MONEY,TV Raitings. It's not about football anymore.............

Yes it's a joke. But your idea isn't any better.

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm glad this is the first ever thread about the BCS on the first page.

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
yup...definitely a joke.

big daddy russ
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
So you think Hawaii would hold their own against teams like LSU, Georgia, or Ohio State?

I thought it was supposed to determine the best team, not the one with the most wins.

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
So you think Hawaii would hold their own against teams like LSU, Georgia, or Ohio State?

I thought it was supposed to determine the best team, not the one with the most wins. I agree pretty much...although..I'm not sold on Ohio State...as their number of quality wins is not that great. Big 10 was not all it was cracked up to be this year...and THAT'S why I have the problem w/ the BCS...there is this pre-determined notion of which confs. are "just better" when in reality...sometimes they are not. I don't think Ohio State belongs in the Champ. hunt. Neither does USC.....ESPECIALLY USC. Their losses were just down right embarrassing. If you ask me...it should be between OU, UGA, LSU, etc.

Gators17
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I thought it was supposed to determine the best team, not the one with the most wins.

Good Point. I hate the BCS, and if I could change one thing i'd take the top 12 teams and put them all in a playoffs and the 2 best teams meet in the National Championship.

alaskacat
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Actually Hawaii is as competitive as anything in the PAC 12, ask Boise State who is more than Legit after last years drubbing of Oklahoma.

I still have the video of that game on my computer. Best Game I have seen in many years.

I for one am all for the playoff system just as we have in Highschool or DIV 2

sahen
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Hawaii would deserve to be in a playoff for the national title if we had one butnot a national championship game...u have to play more name teams to deserve a shot at the national title game....and when you arent playing nameteams like La. Tech, San Jose St., Nevada, Fresno St., Washington, etc. you cant struggle w/ them....its ok to struggle to a mediocre team once or twice inthe season cause weird stuff happens but not as many times as Hawaii has this year....

Gators17
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Hawaii would deserve to be in a playoff for the national title if we had one butnot a national championship game...u have to play more name teams to deserve a shot at the national title game....and when you arent playing nameteams like La. Tech, San Jose St., Nevada, Fresno St., Washington, etc. you cant struggle w/ them....its ok to struggle to a mediocre team once or twice inthe season cause weird stuff happens but not as many times as Hawaii has this year....

exactly. everyone talks about how they should have a shot at the national championship but they struggled against a 4-8 washington team last night. other than boise state, hawaii pretty much played 7th grade B teams

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
exactly. everyone talks about how they should have a shot at the national championship but they struggled against a 4-8 washington team last night. other than boise state, hawaii pretty much played 7th grade B teams am i the only one who didnt see them really struggle? they never seemed nervous even after going 21-0 after 3 early turnovers. going 35-7 after that surly doesnt look like struggling to me.

Buccaneer
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
The BCS may be a joke to you but it is so much better than the previous system where the major conferences were tied to specific bowl games. If certain teams finished #1 & 2 and undefeated it was still impossible to match them up.

JJ7997
12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
hawaii pretty much played 7th grade B teams

Take away Illinois and thats all Ohio State played too.

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Word :clap: :clap: :clap:

buff4life
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Yes it's a joke. But your idea isn't any better.

Your SIG shows how truly classless and jealous you really are...

Antec
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Oklahoma should be in national championship

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Your SIG shows how truly classless and jealous you really are... He is a UT alumn and that is sarcasm ;)

sectionCwannabe
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM

BIG 12 fans should boycott the OSU vs LSU game.. dont watch it on tv..dont give them the ratings they want..no matter what your team is in the big 12 we are all in the same conference and mizzou got shafted..............

Gators17
12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
am i the only one who didnt see them really struggle? they never seemed nervous even after going 21-0 after 3 early turnovers. going 35-7 after that surly doesnt look like struggling to me.

But if they got down 21-0 against a team like LSU or Ohio State there wouldn't have been any sort of comeback. The 35-7 run simply shows how pitiful Washington is.

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 08:41 PM
But if they got down 21-0 against a team like LSU or Ohio State there wouldn't have been any sort of comeback. The 35-7 run simply shows how pitiful Washington is. Your sig is to big.

Gators17
12-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997

I agree. That's why I believe it should be LSU vs. Oklahoma in the National Championship.

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Your sig is to big.
So is yours, you can only have 3 lines of text if you have a picture

buff4life
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He is a UT alumn and that is sarcasm ;)

If he's a UT alum don't see how he can put the derogatory crap on there...

mrescape43
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM

No, they should throw out the BCS Crap and have a playoff system like every other sport on planet earth!