PDA

View Full Version : I just hate snakes

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 11:18 AM
wish I woulda had my camera... there were three of us and one four ft rattlesnake that we couldn't see in a shed, we could just hear it... we finally found him when the butt end of the shovel my friend was poking around with was struck by the snake... three grown men, one a sheriff's deputy ran away like a buncha little girls... finally our law enforcement buddy went inside of his house and brought out his pistola with some rat-shot rounds and put an end to that snake... we drug it out (ew I can't even touch 'em)... my friend tried to pull the rattler off and its mouth started opening... I said "screw this, we'll get it later"... we came back and it had moved a few feet... just nerves I think... I hate snakes...

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 11:25 AM
haha...........iv'e always said "snakes make me hurt myself"

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 11:40 AM
You guys should've called RM. :devil:

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Snakes are nothing you wussy.

Now this is something to be afraid of

http://www.tapirback.com/tapirgal/gifts/friends/insects/spider-yellow-spotted-plastic-f921.jpg

rockdale80
12-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
wish I woulda had my camera... there were three of us and one four ft rattlesnake that we couldn't see in a shed, we could just hear it... we finally found him when the butt end of the shovel my friend was poking around with was struck by the snake... three grown men, one a sheriff's deputy ran away like a buncha little girls... finally our law enforcement buddy went inside of his house and brought out his pistola with some rat-shot rounds and put an end to that snake... we drug it out (ew I can't even touch 'em)... my friend tried to pull the rattler off and its mouth started opening... I said "screw this, we'll get it later"... we came back and it had moved a few feet... just nerves I think... I hate snakes...

Cut the head off, skin it, batter, and fry. That's how you do it right there.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Cut the head off, skin it, batter, and fry. That's how you do it right there.

we were gunna, but it was much easier just to cut the rattle off and throw the rest in the fire last night...

espn1
12-02-2007, 12:08 PM
There's only 4 kinds of snakes that I stay away from.
1. big ones
2.little ones
3.live ones
4.dead ones

GetRDoneStangs
12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You guys should've called RM. :devil:

Here is RM in action!!!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42387&highlight=Rattlesnake+roundup

Come on, you can't be scared of just one or 2 rattlers can you???

:D :D :eek: :D :D

Daddy D 11
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
my phobia is snakes, specially rattlesnakes! :eek: :(

i would have probably passed out..

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I honestly don't think you can grow up in Sweetwater and have any fear of snakes whatsoever.

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I honestly don't think you can grow up in Sweetwater and have any fear of snakes whatsoever. snakes make nice belts, wallets, and boots. :thumbsup:

Stownhorse
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I honestly don't think you can grow up in Sweetwater and have any fear of snakes whatsoever.

Yea, white trash round up. lol

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
LOL...yup..I hate snakes too...but I do know of a couple that I DON'T kill.....a King snake is your friend..and so is a red racer. Both supposedly eat rattle snakes..I've SEEN a king eat one....never seen the red racer eat one...but in Arizona I had one of each in my yard and I left them alone and saw them daily. But I agree w/ the guy above...I'd MUCH rather deal w/ snakes than spiders....I can hit a snake w/ a gun...spiders...not so much.

GetRDoneStangs
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Well the best outlook of a rattlesnake should be of respect!

I moved to Sweetwater about 20 years ago and I joined the Jaycees, to get involved and be a part of the community. Of course, the Rattlesnake Roundup is the big event around here...the Jaycees as a whole try to educate the public (we are asked to talk to schools all the time) and we promote safety as well.

It has been reported on several occations that the what we have promoted has worked as kids have come up on Rattlesnakes and knew Exactly What To Do........

Does anyone know what to do when you hear or see a Rattlesnake????

I bet some of the Sweetwater posters will get this one...They Better!!

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

I moved to Sweetwater about 20 years ago and I joined the Jaycees, to get involved and be a part of the community. Of course, the Rattlesnake Roundup is the big event around here...the Jaycees as a whole try to educate the public (we are asked to talk to schools all the time) and we promote safety as well.

It has been reported on several occations that the what we have promoted has worked as kids have come up on Rattlesnakes and knew Exactly What To Do........

I bet some of the Sweetwater posters will get this one...They Better!! stop in your tracks...identify where the sound is coming from...unholster your pistol.... :D

GetRDoneStangs
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
stop in your tracks...identify where the sound is coming from...unholster your pistol.... :D

That is pretty close!!!

We don't tell the elementary kids about the pistol!!!:D :D

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

I bet some of the Sweetwater posters will get this one...They Better!!

light a fire and get ready for bbq?

Stownhorse
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
light a fire and get ready for bbq?

Correct, if in Sweetwater. :clap:

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
light a fire and get ready for bbq? LOL!!!! nice.

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Correct, if in Sweetwater. :clap: id rather have chicken.... could use a new wallet though :D