PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW (Semi-final): Wylie (11-2) vs. Gilmer (13-0)

Pages : [1] 2

showtime91
12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
What are your picks?

By the way...Have these 2 teams ever met?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 12:45 AM
I pick Abilene Wylie by 7 points.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I have the upmost respect for the Wylie program.......but my heart says "Go Wylie" and my head says otherwise. I've seen Gilmer football and I can't see how Wylie can stop their athletes. Sorry, but I'm thinking Gilmer wins this one. This will be, by far, the most athletic team you have seen all year.

sweetwater07
12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
idk.....after Abilene over SLC i think west texas upsets are over.....i say Gilmer, unfortunately by 3

:( :(

garciap77
12-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Wylie in a close one! The dogs play better when they are the underdogs!:D :D :D

kepdawg
12-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
idk.....after Abilene over SLC i think west texas upsets are over.....i say Gilmer, unfortunately by 3

You never know! A player goes down and everything could change!

sweetwater07
12-02-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

i hope so..... i would love to see wylie win it

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 01:18 AM

Well you don't know what your talking about buddy!!! LOL I really don't know on this one:doh:

I really want to see Wylie win but my heads telling me it's not ganna happen that way:( ... I hope my heads wrong!

showtime91
12-02-2007, 01:19 AM
All i know is that that this week of practice is going to be pretty tough.

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by showtime91
All i know is that that this week of practice is going to be pretty tough.
Yeah they're going to have to use me to act as if I was Justin Johnson :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

showtime91
12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Yeah they're going to have to use me to act as if I was Justin Johnson :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol...that would be the day

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
lol...that would be the day
They wouldn't be able to tackle me :D lol

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Good luck with that. ;)

showtime91
12-02-2007, 01:25 AM
They wouldn't be able to touch me :D lol

Nope...because coach would yell at you and ask you what you're doing

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Nope...because coach would yell at you and ask you what you're doing
LOL, I just was thinkin....I'll take that back I really don't feel like getting knocked down my Jesse again, so I think I'll pass on that now.

showtime91
12-02-2007, 01:30 AM
LOL, I just was thinkin....I'll take that back I really don't feel like getting knocked down my Jesse again, so I think I'll pass on that now.

It's not #12 that you need to watch for....it's #73 sal tonche...he's amazing :)

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Don't make me laugh like a bumbling idiot :evillol:

markp08
12-02-2007, 01:33 AM
I'll be at the game wearing my purple and gold. Unfortunately, the way the offense has played the last two games I just don't see how we pull this one out. If we play like we did last Friday night the best we can hope for is to make the score respectable. If the offense plays well it might be close. Our defense is pretty good, but as Hugh always says..."it's hard to simulate their speed in practice!" We may be in for a rough one this week:doh:

showtime91
12-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by markp08
I'll be at the game wearing my purple and gold. Unfortunately, the way the offense has played the last two games I just don't see how we pull this one out. If we play like we did last Friday night the best we can hope for is to make the score respectable. If the offense plays well it might be close. Our defense is pretty good, but as Hugh always says..."it's hard to simulate their speed in practice!" We may be in for a rough one this week:doh:

Wylie will not go into this game the way they started the Andrews game.

thewyliefan
12-02-2007, 01:59 AM
they better hope they dont. i love my boys from wylie, and im rootin for them and all. but if they come out playing like they did aginst burk and andrews, gilmer will take it too far out of reach.

i say this one ends in a tie:)

showtime91
12-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I think wylie like to be the underdogs.

thewyliefan
12-02-2007, 02:08 AM
showtime, what are you a sophmore maybe? is that right? well just wanted to say i dont think its the fact that they "like" to be the underdogs, its just how it is. no matter how often you make playoff runs it seems ppl will always pick another team over you (sometimes). but even im a little skeptic about how wylie is going to play in this one. im not doubting their skill, just that gilmer maybe have more. and a close friend of mine reminded me after the andrews game that emotion can only take you so far. what i mean by that is andrews was running on emotion for the first half and in the 2nd half wylies skill showed up.

i just dont know what to think about this game

showtime91
12-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
showtime, what are you a sophmore maybe? is that right? well just wanted to say i dont think its the fact that they "like" to be the underdogs, its just how it is. no matter how often you make playoff runs it seems ppl will always pick another team over you (sometimes). but even im a little skeptic about how wylie is going to play in this one. im not doubting their skill, just that gilmer maybe have more. and a close friend of mine reminded me after the andrews game that emotion can only take you so far. what i mean by that is andrews was running on emotion for the first half and in the 2nd half wylies skill showed up.

i just dont know what to think about this game

I hear you.

thewyliefan
12-02-2007, 02:16 AM
word up

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Straight up :p

thewyliefan
12-02-2007, 02:21 AM
fo sho

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 02:24 AM
hmmmmm:thinking: 12 votes from Abilene, 11 votes from the rest of the state:D

bigron15
12-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

are you saying that the only way wylie will win is if one of their star players gets hurt?

nobogey72
12-02-2007, 04:19 AM

"keep the score respectable??????" I'm thinking there can't be a 3A school anywhere that is bigger, more athletic than Frenship. And they had a hard time keeping it respectable against us in week 4 of the season. I know that we are a better team now than we were in week4. I'm thinking it's a pretty good sign when a team can not play its best and still win in the quarterfinals. Everybody has talent at this stage of the game, IMO the difference is preparation, coaching, leadership and all the other intangibles. I like our "intangibles". GIDDYUP!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerl:

Stownhorse
12-02-2007, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I've seen Gilmer football and I can't see how Wylie can stop their athletes. Sorry, but I'm thinking Gilmer wins this one. This will be, by far, the most athletic team you have seen all year.

Yes, yes you have.....53-20

Wylie by 6

injuredinmelee
12-02-2007, 05:06 AM
everyone knows that Region I cant line up on the same field with Region II teams. Gilmer should put 50 on the hapless region I Bulldogs.
.or maybe not.

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 06:44 AM
gilmer by 3 touchdowns.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2007, 08:39 AM
I voted for Gilmer not because I am a homer, but because of the athleticism issue.

I understand Sandifer is a great coach, but Traylor is also (in spite of a few questionable decisions he made last night), so I had to give the nod to Gilmer.

I just wonder why the poll is even. Is it because of the residual hatred of all things Gilmer from last season?

I think most dispassionate football pundits would tend to pick Gilmer because of what I outlined above.

Both programs have been in many big games in recent years (both having won state in 2004), so playoff experience is even as well.

bulldog mom
12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Wylie has the heart and it is not about only one person it's about the team for this group of kids they are all athletes, all aspects of this TEAM is great from defense, offense, special teams etc... I am sure this will be a tough game BUT as Coach S. says each week ONE WEEK AT A TIME:)

3afan
12-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by bulldog mom
Wylie has the heart ....

unfortunately exceptional athletic ability beats heart ...

by the way is this game Fri or Sat?

Who-dun-it!!?
12-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I'd love to see Wylie get past Gilmer. But I don't think its gonna happen this week. Gilmer by at least 2 TD'S

Centextrash
12-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
"keep the score respectable??????" I'm thinking there can't be a 3A school anywhere that is bigger, more athletic than Frenship. GIDDYUP!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerl:

You have not seen Gilmer then have you......

I heard the game is Sat afternoon at Waco ISD. Is this correct?

showtime91
12-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash

6pm, saturday @ birdville

JJ7997
12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

You know as well as I do that isnt always true.

Gilmer goes down this week, like they should have last night.

garciap77
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM

Let's see! That did not happen vs Everman in 2000 or during our 2004 run! So, unfortunately this is not always ture! So, with that said, I believe Wyie still has a chanc to win this one!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Daddy D 11
12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
The Gilmer coach made some idiotic calls last night, without the refs blowing the game, he would be in the dog house right now.

but, thats over and done with no matter how crazy that was..

i want to see Wylie win this one but my gut says Gilmer by 10 :(

garciap77
12-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
everyone knows that Region I cant line up on the same field with Region II teams. Gilmer should put 50 on the hapless region I Bulldogs.
.or maybe not.

May if we get nobogey72 off them steroids. And give him a shave, we might be able to get him to suit up without any detection! Then, will see if we Gilmer can put 50 on the hapless region I Bulldogs.
:p :p :p ;)

garciap77
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
The Gilmer coach made some idiotic calls last night, without the refs blowing the game, he would be in the dog house right now.

i want to see Wylie win this one but my gut says Gilmer by 10 :(

Thanks Daddy D 11! Good luck in you game! Maybe we can meet in the final game! Now that would be alot of Purple!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
12-02-2007, 01:49 PM
haha and gold!

go bulldogs! hope yall pull it out :clap:

garciap77
12-02-2007, 01:57 PM
haha and gold!

go bulldogs! hope yall pull it out :clap:

I hope so! Then you can see our PURE GOLD band!:D :D :D

michaelp23
12-02-2007, 02:18 PM
It all depends on which Wylie team shows up Saturday. As some have said, Wylie tends to play their best as the underdogs. Some of the most intense play from Wylie I've seen is when we are underdogs (2000 over Aledo, Everman, 2004 over Decatur, Cuero). Despite the slow starts against Burk and Andrews, I am confident Wylie will come out ready to play. I pick Wylie by 3 in a low scoring game (don't want to get into a shoot out with Gilmer).

michaelp23
12-02-2007, 02:25 PM
What happened at the end of the Gilmer/Velt game? Was there some sort of brawl? I heard that the announcers said "something horrible" happened and the crowd was pretty riled up, but they wouldn't say what it was?

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
What happened at the end of the Gilmer/Velt game? Was there some sort of brawl? I heard that the announcers said "something horrible" happened and the crowd was pretty riled up, but they wouldn't say what it was? i dont think they are allowed to over the air.

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Birdville.....where in the hell is Birdville?

JJ7997
12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Alota birds over yonder in Birdville. :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 03:33 PM

N. Richland Springs, TX

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Birdville.....where in the hell is Birdville? east of watuga, south of colleyville, north of hurst, "north richland hills" north east fortworth....area.... haha

headhunter
12-02-2007, 03:39 PM
This will be an awesome game

I dont keep up that much, but I believe Gilmer lost two studs who played in last years early exit, Both went D1

How bout that, they lose two of the best athletes in the state and come back with a run like this. I would love to see this game ought to be close and their will be a lot of good athletes on the field. Good luck to both I hope to make it to this one

Is Gilmer better than last year or are they just finding ways to win?

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
east of watuga, south of colleyville, north of hurst, "north richland hills" north east fortworth....area.... haha uh....LOL. I'll take your word for it amigo.

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
This will be an awesome game

I dont keep up that much, but I believe Gilmer lost two studs who played in last years early exit, Both went D1

How bout that, they lose two of the best athletes in the state and come back with a run like this. I would love to see this game ought to be close and their will be a lot of good athletes on the field. Good luck to both I hope to make it to this one

Is Gilmer better than last year or are they just finding ways to win? they have 5 d1 recruits this year as well so far. i ve seen them multiple times from this year and last year. this years team seems to be the better team. qb has really matured over the year, justin johnson is just a beast carrying the ball, david snow is a manchild on the line,i could go on, just alot of talent that gilmer has. they have some of the best athletes nationally.

what helps alot with reloading gilmers team is their season, they are able to start putting in second stringers second half and get them as much playing time as the starters during the regular season, experience really helps out.

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 03:56 PM
uh....LOL. I'll take your word for it amigo. :thumbsup: hahaha

headhunter
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
they have 5 d1 recruits this year as well so far. i ve seen them multiple times from this year and last year. this years team seems to be the better team. qb has really matured over the year, justin johnson is just a beast carrying the ball, david snow is a manchild on the line,i could go on, just alot of talent that gilmer has. they have some of the best athletes nationally.

what helps alot with reloading gilmers team is their season, they are able to start putting in second stringers second half and get them as much playing time as the starters during the regular season, experience really helps out.

Thanks can you list the 5 and where they are going

Just wondering, this is unbelievale for a 3a school to produce this may D1 recruits

I might have to take Gilmer after hearing this

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Thanks can you list the 5 and where they are going

Just wondering, this is unbelievale for a 3a school to produce this may D1 recruits

I might have to take Gilmer after hearing this

justin johnson #2 nationally ranked back 6'1'' 205 commited to OU

david snow #4 nationally ranked OG 6'4'' 295(i think he is about 320 now) commited to TEXAS

daniel jenkins OT 6'4'' 270 commited to MISSOURI

Houston Tuminello WR 6'2'' 184 committed to LOUISIANA TECH

Lamar Harris CB 6'0'' 170 committed to TEXAS A&M

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM

david snow #4 nationally ranked OG 6'4'' 295(i think he is about 320 now) commited to TEXAS

Lamar Harris CB 6'0'' 170 committed to TEXAS A&M studley you are the man!!!!!!! you know as much about us as we do. good to see you last night and hope to see you again next week:thumbsup:

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
studley you are the man!!!!!!! you know as much about us as we do. good to see you last night and hope to see you again next week:thumbsup: :D

Adidas410s
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Let's see! That did not happen vs Everman in 2000 or during our 2004 run! So, unfortunately this is not always ture! So, with that said, I believe Wyie still has a chanc to win this one!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Everman 37 0 in 2001 at birdville. Gainesville by a bunch in 03. Wylie has some big wins AND big losses @ birdville. There are two sides to the story. Hope to see wylie contend...but I'm realistic here...35 21 gilmer

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I watched the game last night with my friends Studley and P4S. Buffymars:inlove: came in a little later and it was nice to meet her. G2 came down and talked with us for about 15 minutes but he did not bring free nachoes!!!!!! I guess txbroadcaster was a little to good to come down and speak:D Great game.........I'm done talking about it. on to next week:thumbsup: Hope to get to meet lots of the Wylie posters as there are dang sure lots of them here!!!!!!!

michaelp23
12-02-2007, 05:37 PM

I'm glad Gilmer has all those D1 recruits. It will make Wylie all the more focused. Sounds to me like Wylie has everything to gain and nothing to lose!!:clap: :clap:

Rattlesnake_08
12-02-2007, 06:31 PM
How is this the Region II GOTW, if this is a match-up between Region II and Region I?

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Sounds to me like Wylie has everything to gain and nothing to lose!!:clap: :clap: sure you do. it's the freaking semi-finals:doh: it's game on and i don't want to here excuses when its over. if we lose, i'll be back to tell you good game. if we win i'll be back to see who shows up!!!!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-02-2007, 07:22 PM

All that talent sure had a tough time with Velt. I pick Gilmer to win against Wylie but LH is a different horse and a tough one. I think that they are just a tad weaker than last year and I mean maybe a scosh. But last year they were awesome. This year Awesome - one tenth of one percent maybe. Good enough to win it all again. But since this is a wylie thread, how bout this.
Gilmer 35
Wylie 21

TOPS1435
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
I posted a detailed eyewitness account of the minutes after the Gilmer Roosevelt game on page 10 of the game discussion on www.smoaky.com
If you want to read about it, go there. I do not have that much typing energy left tonight.

Thanks for the kind remarks, Snyder_Tigerfan. I think I remember chatting with you back in '04.

David Snow was a freshman starter on that team and a couple of the O-line men were freshmen who served as scout team players during the post season that year.

Curtis Brown, one of the two who went to UT on last year's team, is a great natural athlete and he has gotten some playing time this year, but Gilmer's 0-line has 5 senior starters who have been working together for three years. They are a really important part of Gilmer's success.

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
All that talent sure had a tough time with Velt. all that coming from a Celina fan...............you didn't want none of Velt. they were everytning they were built up to be and then some. There may not have been another 3a team in the state that could have beat them. but we will never know:thinking:

injuredinmelee
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM
sure you do. it's the freaking semi-finals:doh: it's game on and i don't want to here excuses when its over. if we lose, i'll be back to tell you good game. if we win i'll be back to see who shows up!!!!!!!

I will be here next week congratulating your team on their 50 pt win.

.or will I?

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I will be here next week congratulating your team on their 50 pt win.

.or will I? i'll be good with a 1 point win.

DaHop72
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM

i want to see Wylie win this one but my gut says Gilmer by 10 :( Did you make the trip to see the game???

showtime91
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
i'll be good with a 1 point win.
me too :)

Scrambler
12-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Massey Ratings numbers are an interesting comparison of Wylie and Gilmer. Wylie has the edge in strength of schedule and defense. Gilmer has the edge in Offense and overall power rating.

Team---Sched----Def----Off----Power
Gilmer---45th----15th---1st----2nd
Wylie----2nd-----7th---10th---6th

...their last opponent
Team---Sched----Def----Off----Power
Velt------121st---39th---41st--37th
Andrews--49th---22nd---54th--29th

The old saying is "Defense wins championships", so I"m picking Wylie by a field goal as time expires.

wtxfootball08
12-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997

Fool you must be out of your mind
(but still; Good luck)

BILLYFRED0000
12-02-2007, 11:09 PM
all that coming from a Celina fan...............you didn't want none of Velt. they were everytning they were built up to be and then some. There may not have been another 3a team in the state that could have beat them. but we will never know:thinking:

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. That was actually a compliment to Velt. They really started playing well at the right time. Gilmer made some mistakes which kept Velt in the game but overall Gilmer played a good game and won a tough one. I picked yall over Wylie. As far as whether or not Celina could take them, who knows. But I think we could because we have the top rated D in the state. But it sure would not be easy. And a matchup with yall, even tougher. Either would be a great game to watch.

STANG RED
12-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Wylie has to do one thing that they havent been real good at doing most of this season to win this one. They better show up and play 4 solid quarters of football!!! They have managed to skate by several teams this year by only playing a good second half or sometimes only a good 4th quarter. That aint gonna cut it this week boys!!! Better be ready to start strong, stay strong, and finish strong this week, or be ready to hang up the cleets.
I gotta believe Sandifer and staff will have em ready.
Wylie 33
Gilmer 27

DaHop72
12-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Wylie has to do one thing that they havent been real good at doing most of this season to win this one. They better show up and play 4 solid quarters of football!!! They have managed to skate by several teams this year by only playing a good second half or sometimes only a good 4th quarter. That aint gonna cut it this week boys!!! Better be ready to start strong, stay strong, and finish strong this week, or be ready to hang up the cleets.
Wylie 33
Gilmer 27 My concern Stang Red is the struggle that they had with Andrews. I don't think that bodes well for them.

garciap77
12-02-2007, 11:51 PM
sure you do. it's the freaking semi-finals:doh: it's game on and i don't want to here excuses when its over. if we lose, i'll be back to tell you good game. if we win i'll be back to see who shows up!!!!!!!

Agree! That's the ony way to be!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-02-2007, 11:57 PM
all that coming from a Celina fan...............you didn't want none of Velt. they were everytning they were built up to be and then some. There may not have been another 3a team in the state that could have beat them. but we will never know:thinking:

I quess you have never heard of Snyder! The best football team in Texas or was it in the nation? I've lost track, but seem like last time it was Nation!:thinking: :D :D :D

garciap77
12-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Wylie 33
Gilmer 27

You are so right on this!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
My concern Stang Red is the struggle that they had with Andrews. I don't think that bodes well for them.

Andrews played well! I think better than any team we played this year!

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Andrews played well! I think better than any team we played this year! If that's the case, it could get ugly with Gilmer.

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM

LOL

Thing is they didn't.

Gilmer's offense will roll. Now I've never seen Wylie play, so take it for what it is - MY opinion. Gilmer will have to cut down on their mistakes, but they overcame 2 crazy things (safety & rebound KO) and 2 turnovers to win last night. {Refs are an entirely different topic that I'm already tired of talking/reading about}

Gilmer 42
Abilene Wylie 21

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Andrews played well! I think better than any team we played this year! :eek: :eek: ummmmmmmm --- what DaHop said!! see below:

If that's the case, it could get ugly with Gilmer.

x10

showtime91
12-03-2007, 12:12 AM
What? No one thinks Andrews was good?:)

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 12:13 AM
What? No one thinks Andrews was good?

Didn't they get donkey stomped by Snyder???

showtime91
12-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Maybe Snyder is that good...lol

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 12:14 AM
What? No one thinks Andrews was good?:) Well if Snyder is overrated as everyone says and they beat Andrews 55-15 what would you think??:thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Maybe Snyder is that good...lol

Obviously

Good Luck to the Bulldogs

Stownhorse
12-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Well if Snyder is overrated as everyone says and they beat Andrews 55-15 what would you think??:thinking: :thinking:

Thats what the score is gunna look like when Snyder steps on the field with celina. Snyder will be on the losing end.

Stownhorse
12-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
N. Richland Springs, TX

North Richland Hills, TX* (Northern Ft. Worth)

Birdville ISD Complex

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=220

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
If that's the case, it could get ugly with Gilmer.

DITO.

That overated Snyder team beat Andrews like a step child. Wylie better cynch em up for Gilmer.

Gilmer 50
Wylie 21

DU_stud04
12-03-2007, 02:44 AM
is birdville gonna be big enough to hold the crowd?

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Centextrash

I was there Sat. so I've seen Gilmer and Frenship. Frenship and Gilmer are very much alike in personel. There styles and philosophies are totally different. Gilmer may have a little more speed on the outside at WR and Frenship doesn't have anyone like #4 for Gilmer. This will be a great test for the Wylie defense, but they've been tested before. If Gilmer plays defense this Sat. like they did last Sat. (and apparently they've been giving up points all year) Wylie will be able to score with them, as long as they don't turn it over. And if Gilmer refuses to punt the ball on fourth down when there in their own territory and gives Wylie a short field, it may come back to bite them on the Buttocks. I've never seen a coach gamble the way Gilmers coach did the other night and not kicking the Extra Point with about 3:30 left in the game to take a seven point lead was the craziest thing I've ever seen, and if Roosevelt doesn't fumble the ball on about the 18 yardline at the end of the game there not a sole that was at the game that won't admit that Gilmer was fixing to take a one point loss, because they hadn't stop them all night, and the Coach was going to be seriously questioned for his decisions.

Having said that, Gilmer will be the toughest test that Wylie has faced since the '04 finals against Cuero. Sandifers done it before, and who knows, don't count the Bulldogs out just yet.

garciap77
12-03-2007, 10:06 AM

That did not count because Snyder is the best team in the state! or maybe even nation from what I've heard! lol Just kidding!

We beat Frenship, does that mean we should beat all the 3A teams? Of course not! If we played them again, they might beat us this time. Same with any team. It's the playoffs and everthing is new again!

Now! How do you explain Andrews beating Monahans, Monahans beating Snyder, and then Snyder beating Monahans. You really can not go by scores. If you go by, who stomp who, then shouldn't have Permian stomp Trinity again!

Give Andrews some credit! They played their heart out!

Stats, Rankings, Scores, Schedules, Rosters, Photos and more

Frenship Tigers Fall 07-08
Boys Varsity Football
Date Time Opponent Result
8/31/07 N/A vs. Rider 7-31
9/7/07 N/A @ Odessa 7-2
9/14/07 N/A vs. Coronado 34-16
9/21/07 N/A @ Hereford 42-10
9/28/07 N/A @ Wylie 7-36
10/5/07 N/A vs. Gainesville 62-0
10/12/07 N/A vs. Lake View ** 49-14
10/19/07 N/A @ Plainview ** 59-8
10/26/07 N/A vs. Big Spring ** 49-14
11/9/07 N/A @ Estacado ** 49-21
11/16/07 N/A vs. Randall 55-21
11/23/07 6:00 PM @ Del Valle 59-0
12/1/07 N/A vs. Aledo 28-31
** denotes league game
* denotes exhibition game

Head Coach: Brad Davis
4A Region I District 4
Region I
Wolfforth, TX

- www.maxpreps.com -

Andrews Mustangs Fall 07-08
Boys Varsity Football
8/31/07 N/A @ Midland Christian 36-6
9/7/07 N/A vs. Pecos 14-0
9/14/07 N/A vs. Fort Stockton 27-13
9/21/07 N/A vs. Monahans 41-13
9/28/07 N/A @ Seminole 25-21
10/5/07 N/A @ Big Spring 33-29
10/12/07 N/A @ Estacado 25-30
10/26/07 N/A vs. Lamesa ** 51-0
11/2/07 N/A vs. Greenwood ** 14-10
11/9/07 N/A @ Snyder ** 15-50
11/16/07 N/A vs. Levelland 43-24
11/24/07 N/A vs. Fort Stockton 14-7
11/30/07 N/A vs. Wylie 14-28
** denotes league game

Head Coach: Blaine Springston
3A Region I District 3
Region I
Andrews, TX

- www.maxpreps.com -

Monahans Loboes Fall 07-08
Boys Varsity Football
8/31/07 N/A vs. Snyder 41-32
9/14/07 N/A vs. Midland Christian 19-21
9/21/07 N/A @ Andrews 13-41
9/28/07 N/A @ Graham 7-33
10/5/07 N/A @ Pecos ** 47-17
10/12/07 N/A vs. Clint ** 55-0
10/19/07 N/A @ Fabens ** 34-0
10/26/07 N/A vs. Fort Stockton ** 14-21
11/2/07 N/A @ Tornillo ** 62-0
11/9/07 N/A vs. Anthony ** 39-8
11/23/07 N/A vs. Snyder 14-40
** denotes league game

Head Coach: Mickey Owens
3A Region I District 1
Region I
Monahans, TX

- www.maxpreps.com -

Permian Panthers Fall 07-08
Boys Varsity Football
8/31/07 N/A @ Lubbock 69-14
9/7/07 N/A vs. Tascosa 47-28
9/15/07 7:00 PM vs. Trinity 30-3
9/21/07 N/A @ Amarillo 56-7
9/28/07 N/A vs. Monterey 44-7
10/12/07 N/A vs. Lee ** 31-7
10/19/07 N/A @ Cooper ** 40-14
10/26/07 N/A @ Abilene ** 28-21
11/2/07 N/A vs. Odessa ** 49-13
11/9/07 N/A vs. Midland ** 52-16
11/17/07 N/A vs. Mansfield 60-21
11/24/07 N/A vs. Montwood 37-17
12/1/07 N/A vs. Trinity 14-38
** denotes league game

Head Coach: Darren Allman
5A Region I District 3
Region I
Odessa, TX

- www.maxpreps.com -

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I was there Sat. so I've seen Gilmer and Frenship. Frenship and Gilmer are very much alike in personel. There styles and philosophies are totally different. Gilmer may have a little more speed on the outside at WR and Frenship doesn't have anyone like #4 for Gilmer. This will be a great test for the Wylie defense, but they've been tested before. If Gilmer plays defense this Sat. like they did last Sat. (and apparently they've been giving up points all year) Wylie will be able to score with them, as long as they don't turn it over. And if Gilmer refuses to punt the ball on fourth down when there in their own territory and gives Wylie a short field, it may come back to bite them on the Buttocks. I've never seen a coach gamble the way Gilmers coach did the other night and not kicking the Extra Point with about 3:30 left in the game to take a seven point lead was the craziest thing I've ever seen, and if Roosevelt doesn't fumble the ball on about the 18 yardline at the end of the game there not a sole that was at the game that won't admit that Gilmer was fixing to take a one point loss, because they hadn't stop them all night, and the Coach was going to be seriously questioned for his decisions.

Having said that, Gilmer will be the toughest test that Wylie has faced since the '04 finals against Cuero. Sandifers done it before, and who knows, don't count the Bulldogs out just yet.

I agree, Traylor can not make those "nugget" sized calls against Wylie.

Dangit! :mad: I want to see this game!!!

garciap77 - It's not that I'm not giving Andrews credit - I'm sure they played well, obviously to have stayed so close to Wylie - my question was in response to another poster's comment.

garciap77
12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I agree, Traylor can not make those "nugget" sized calls against Wylie.

Dangit! :mad: I want to see this game!!!

garciap77 - It's not that I'm not giving Andrews credit - I'm sure they played well, obviously to have stayed so close to Wylie - my question was in response to another poster's comment.

Understand! Will you make the game?

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Understand! Will you make the game? I dunno. That's another long drive for me. It just sucks that there aren't any Saturday games that interest me in our area. I had hoped Cuero would play on Saturday. LH game is gonna be a blow out, but it is only 2 hours away. :D I won't decide until Saturday morning. LOL

lakers
12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Wylie actually the underdogs, that is only the second time all season....

Go Bulldogs!!!!

Keep reppin Region 1

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I was at the game and was wondering if Gilmer had a punter? They went for it on fourth down everytime, regardless of where they were on the field, even in a close game. Is this normal? or does Trailor just not care thinking that he's going to outscore you anyway. Just thought somebody on here could shed some light on this.:thinking: :D

Martian Man
12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes ,We do have a punter. But that QB was one of the best that I have seen on the high school level. I think ( just my thought) he did not want to give it right back in his hands.

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Martian Man
Yes ,We do have a punter. But that QB was one of the best that I have seen on the high school level. I think ( just my thought) he did not want to give it right back in his hands. That's a big gamble since the defense hadn't been able to stop him and then give him a short field when it didn't work out??? :doh:

I thought maybe yalls punter was the same kid (kicker) that was hurt earlier in the game.

markp08
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Wylie 33
Gilmer 27

AMEN...StangRed....AMEN!!!!!!

Wylie MUST play physical, focused, mistake free football from start to finish. If they show up unfocsed or start slowly...this one is overwith early! Do you hear me DAWGS????? Are you listening????

:D

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Do you hear me DAWGS????? Are you listening????

:D they better be:D

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
That's a big gamble since the defense hadn't been able to stop him and then give him a short field when it didn't work out??? :doh:

I thought maybe yalls punter was the same kid (kicker) that was hurt earlier in the game.

Thats what I thought, but I started watching the body language of the kids, and they never even flinched on fourth down. They huddled up like it was any other down. That's why I was asking. I appeared as if they did this all the time. I was also wandering is anybody in East Texas kick field goals. Had Roosevelt kick a couple of field goals instead of going for it on fourth and goal from outside the ten yardline a couple of times it could have still been different. This game was the most entertaining game I've ever attended. Both sides played a wide open, riverboat gambling style of football. Fun to watch, but I think it could seriously come back to haunt them down the road.

Martian Man
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
I think playing it safe last year in the LE game and running out of time on the game winning drive is why we are seeing the type of calls we are seeing.
Go Buckeyes!!!

waterboy
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM

Hate Gilmer all you want but the Buckeyes were the better team in that game. If not for some uncharacteristic mistakes by the Buckeyes, Roosevelt wouldn't have stayed in the game. I'm tired of hearing excuses about this game.....the refs blew this call or that call......blah...blah...blah! There were several questionable calls against Gilmer, too! Gilmer BEAT Roosevelt! Get over it!

Martian Man
12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Thank you!!!!

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hate Gilmer all you want but the Buckeyes were the better team in that game. If not for some uncharacteristic mistakes by the Buckeyes, Roosevelt wouldn't have stayed in the game. I'm tired of hearing excuses about this game.....the refs blew this call or that call......blah...blah...blah! There were several questionable calls against Gilmer, too! Gilmer BEAT Roosevelt! Get over it!

I was at the game as a nuetral fan. I agree with you about the refs, but there were some horrible calls that went against both sides. I haven't seen the official stats on the game but I would be willing to bet that Roosevelt was penalized for a lot more yards than Gilmer. Some were obvious, but some were you typical objective call. Roosevelt also lost a TD because of a call. I do think the best team won, and both sides have legitamate complaints about the refs. I thought the way Roosevelt acted at the end was classless and sure took away from a very entertaining game. I thought the Gilmer kids handled the situation very well.

Being a Wylie fan, I guess I'll see you this Sat. and good luck!

waterboy
12-03-2007, 02:08 PM
This will be a great test for the Wylie defense, but they've been tested before. If Gilmer plays defense this Sat. like they did last Sat. (and apparently they've been giving up points all year)
I think Gilmer's defense did a phenomenal job against Roosevelt. You have to consider what they were facing. McNeil is one heck of an athlete and the Buckeyes held the Mustangs to just seven points in that second half. I don't think any defense, at least in 3A, would've been able to shut the Mustangs down completely. The Buckeye defense is plenty good enough to win it all, and hopefully they will get it done. As far as the Buckeyes giving up alot of points......it ain't really so. Most of the points Gilmer gave up were AFTER the game was decided. Gilmer's offense is awesome, too, so the defense doesn't have to shut out opponents to win. I've included a list of the Buckeyes victories and margins thus far.

Gilmer 39 Monroe, LA Richwood 0
Gilmer 71 Tatum 28
Gilmer 35 Daingerfield 12
Gilmer 63 Center 6
Gilmer 42 Atlanta 14
Gilmer 59 Sabine 7
Gilmer 63 White Oak 7
Gilmer 52 Mineola 0
Gilmer 65 Spring Hill 7
Gilmer 53 Gladewater 17
Playoffs:
Gilmer 41 Liberty-Eylau 26
Gilmer 35 Mabank 28
Gilmer 42 Roosevelt 36

Totals: PF 660 PA 188
Next up:
Abilene Wylie

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I was at the game as a nuetral fan. I agree with you about the refs, but there were some horrible calls that went against both sides. I haven't seen the official stats on the game but I would be willing to bet that Roosevelt was penalized for a lot more yards than Gilmer. Some were obvious, but some were you typical objective call. Roosevelt also lost a TD because of a call. I do think the best team won, and both sides have legitamate complaints about the refs. I thought the way Roosevelt acted at the end was classless and sure took away from a very entertaining game. I thought the Gilmer kids handled the situation very well.

Being a Wylie fan, I guess I'll see you this Sat. and good luck!

ITA!! :clap:

Here is the link (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2007&m=12&eventId=140118) to the box score.

Roosevelt was penalized 15 times for 109 yards
Gilmer was penalized 7 times for 68 yards

177 yards in penalties??? :doh: :doh: Not good. Those block in the back calls on #74 for Velt were killers.

It was a very enjoyable game and it was very sad to see those kids act out the way they did. Hell, I was 30 rows up and was a little scared! :eek: (but i'm a girl)

At the same time, I thought it was very poor of some of the Gilmer faithful to boo Roosevelt when the announcer was congratulating them on a good season and good game, during the presentation of their trophy. Just because the other team acts with disrespect doesn't mean YOU have to!!! :dispntd:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I think Gilmer's defense did a phenomenal job against Roosevelt. You have to consider what they were facing. McNeil is one heck of an athlete and the Buckeyes held the Mustangs to just seven points in that second half. I don't think any defense, at least in 3A, would've been able to shut the Mustangs down completely. The Buckeye defense is plenty good enough to win it all, and hopefully they will get it done. As far as the Buckeyes giving up alot of points......it ain't really so. Most of the points Gilmer gave up were AFTER the game was decided. Gilmer's offense is awesome, too, so the defense doesn't have to shut out opponents to win. I've included a list of the Buckeyes victories and margins thus far.

Gilmer 71 Tatum 28
Gilmer 63 Center 6
Gilmer 42 Atlanta 14
Gilmer 59 Sabine 7
Gilmer 63 White Oak 7
Gilmer 52 Mineola 0
Gilmer 65 Spring Hill 7
Gilmer 53 Gladewater 17
Playoffs:
Gilmer 35 Mabank 28
Gilmer 42 Roosevelt 36

Next up:
Abilene Wylie

:thinking: looks like bad news for Wylie. I don't see em getting past Gilmer.

Sorry Guys, I'll take Gilmer in a blowout. :(

garciap77
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM

Gilmer 71 Tatum 28
Gilmer 63 Center 6
Gilmer 42 Atlanta 14
Gilmer 59 Sabine 7
Gilmer 63 White Oak 7
Gilmer 52 Mineola 0
Gilmer 65 Spring Hill 7
Gilmer 53 Gladewater 17
Playoffs:
Gilmer 35 Mabank 28
Gilmer 42 Roosevelt 36

Next up:
Abilene Wylie

Wylie Bulldogs Fall 07-08
Boys Varsity Football
8/31/07 N/A @ Brownwood 21-28
9/7/07 N/A vs. Iowa Park 42-5
9/14/07 N/A @ Graham 23-29
9/21/07 N/A @ Big Spring 61-14
9/28/07 N/A vs. Frenship 36-7
10/5/07 N/A vs. Wimberley 34-7
10/12/07 N/A vs. Clyde ** 28-27
10/26/07 N/A @ Sweetwater ** 26-7
11/2/07 N/A vs. Breckenridge ** 63-35
11/9/07 N/A @ Comanche ** 47-0
11/16/07 N/A vs. Decatur 46-16
11/23/07 N/A vs. Burkburnett 28-6
11/30/07 N/A vs. Andrews 28-14
12/8/07 6:00 PM vs. Gilmer
** denotes league game

Head Coach: Hugh Sandifer
3A Region I District 7
Region I
Abilene, TX

- www.maxpreps.com -

Next up:
Gilmer!
:D :D :D

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM

At the same time, I thought it was very poor of some of the Gilmer faithful to boo Roosevelt when the announcer was congratulating them on a good season and good game, during the presentation of their trophy. Just because the other team acts with disrespect doesn't mean YOU have to!!! :dispntd: wasn't me:D you saw how fast i hot-footed out of there!!!!!!didn't look like a good place to be until i could get to my truck. i knew i was safe then:thumbsup:

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Thats what I thought, but I started watching the body language of the kids, and they never even flinched on fourth down. They huddled up like it was any other down. That's why I was asking. I appeared as if they did this all the time. i caught what you said and it made me think. we do this all the time. it is my belief that Jeff's way off thinking is, as long as we have the ball they can't score. if the ball is on the other side of the 50 we are going for it on 4th down bout 95% of the time. the kids believe and the fans for the most part believe. i guess with a 62-4 record since 03' i am a believer too. i'll let Jeff coach and i'll just enjoy!!!!!!!

BMOC
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
May sound like a homer on this, but it is true. When it comes to big games, and though we don't win them all, Wylie is always tough. Coach Sandifer always has our boys ready, and I know Gilmer won't be the exception.

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 03:24 PM

Gilmer 71 Tatum 28
Gilmer 63 Center 6
Gilmer 42 Atlanta 14
Gilmer 59 Sabine 7
Gilmer 63 White Oak 7
Gilmer 52 Mineola 0
Gilmer 65 Spring Hill 7
Gilmer 53 Gladewater 17
Playoffs:
Gilmer 35 Mabank 28
Gilmer 42 Roosevelt 36

Next up:
Abilene Wylie

You can say the same thing about Wylie. They gave up a lot of late fourth quater TD with the fourth and fifth stringers in the game. If it wasn't for a late trash TD that Frenship scored, Wylie would have not only shut them out, but could have held them to under 150 yards total offense. I do think that Wylie has played a much tougher schedule than Gilmer. Five of the six non-district games were against playoff teams, and three of them 4A teams, Frenship (won 36-7), Big Spring (won 63-14 ), and Brownwood (lost 21-28). Brownwood and Frenship were ranked 4A teams and Frenship just lost last Sat. in the regional 1 division 1 finals.

I think this is an interesting matchup. Gilmer is loaded with talent and speed while playing a wide open carefree style. Wylie has a lot of team speed with decent size, but play a very discipline but agressive style of football. Gilmer can probably afford to turn it over a couple of times and overcome it while Wylie will have to take advantage of it's possessions, and take care of the football. If Wylie gets off to a good start in this game, this could an outstanding matchup. I don't think they can afford to start slow and allow Gilmer jump on top by a couple of TD's. Coach Sandifer loves these kinds of challenges, and always seem to give his team a chance to win these kind of games. I think both sides of the stands will be full, and the Birdville Stadium will an unbelievable atmosphere for could be a great high school football game.

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
wasn't me:D you saw how fast i hot-footed out of there!!!!!!didn't look like a good place to be until i could get to my truck. i knew i was safe then:thumbsup:

So that was you that I nearly ran over trying to get to my car in the parking lot:D Don't you know that the slower traffic is suppose to stay to the right:thumbsup:

waterboy
12-03-2007, 04:00 PM
You can say the same thing about Wylie. They gave up a lot of late fourth quater TD with the fourth and fifth stringers in the game. If it wasn't for a late trash TD that Frenship scored, Wylie would have not only shut them out, but could have held them to under 150 yards total offense. I do think that Wylie has played a much tougher schedule than Gilmer. Five of the six non-district games were against playoff teams, and three of them 4A teams, Frenship (won 36-7), Big Spring (won 63-14 ), and Brownwood (lost 21-28). Brownwood and Frenship were ranked 4A teams and Frenship just lost last Sat. in the regional 1 division 1 finals.

I think this is an interesting matchup. Gilmer is loaded with talent and speed while playing a wide open carefree style. Wylie has a lot of team speed with decent size, but play a very discipline but agressive style of football. Gilmer can probably afford to turn it over a couple of times and overcome it while Wylie will have to take advantage of it's possessions, and take care of the football. If Wylie gets off to a good start in this game, this could an outstanding matchup. I don't think they can afford to start slow and allow Gilmer jump on top by a couple of TD's. Coach Sandifer loves these kinds of challenges, and always seem to give his team a chance to win these kind of games. I think both sides of the stands will be full, and the Birdville Stadium will an unbelievable atmosphere for could be a great high school football game.
I agree this could be a good game. And yes, Wylie did have a much tougher schedule. Both teams are very disciplined and that usually means a tough matchup. With no common opponents, it's hard to gauge how these two teams will match up. I know these two teams have alot of respect for each other and their programs. I think what it'll boil down to is who can control the ball and score when they have it, and not make mistakes. I also think one of the keys is who gets off to a faster start. If Gilmer can get out to a 2 TD lead, it'll be tough for Wylie. If Wylie can stop the Buckeyes a couple of times early and get the lead, it'll be tough for Gilmer. I don't know about Wylie but Gilmer will bring a BIG crowd, and they start getting there EARLY....as much as 2 hours early.

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I agree this could be a good game. And yes, Wylie did have a much tougher schedule. Both teams are very disciplined and that usually means a tough matchup. With no common opponents, it's hard to gauge how these two teams will match up. I know these two teams have alot of respect for each other and their programs. I think what it'll boil down to is who can control the ball and score when they have it, and not make mistakes. I also think one of the keys is who gets off to a faster start. If Gilmer can get out to a 2 TD lead, it'll be tough for Wylie. If Wylie can stop the Buckeyes a couple of times early and get the lead, it'll be tough for Gilmer. I don't know about Wylie but Gilmer will bring a BIG crowd, and they start getting there EARLY....as much as 2 hours early.

These two programs and communities are mirror images of each other. Wylie will have as many there at 4:30 as Gilmer:doh:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
The score in this one might be a mirror image as well
Gilmer 30
Wylie 03

Martian Man
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE]The score in this one might be a mirror image as well
Gilmer 30
Wylie 03

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Gilmer 30
Wylie 03 :foul: :crazy: :crazy1: :nerd: :wave: :smoker:

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Gilmer 30
Wylie 03

LOL that's pretty funny!!!

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
On a side note, Du Stud pointed out Coach Sandifer to me at the game. i was suprised to see a younger man. I have been hearing his name for several years now and just figured him to be older. this should be a great game with 2 fine young coaches battleing each other. I expect nothing but the best from both schools. have waited on this matchup for several years and i am excited.

Texasfootball2
12-03-2007, 04:31 PM
On a side note, Du Stud pointed out Coach Sandifer to me at the game. i was suprised to see a younger man. I have been hearing his name for several years now and just figured him to be older. this should be a great game with 2 fine young coaches battleing each other. I expect nothing but the best from both schools. have waited on this matchup for several years and i am excited.

Was he standing or sitting. He's an impressive individual. About 6'6". He is about 51 +/- yrs old.

DU_stud04
12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Was he standing or sitting. He's an impressive individual. About 6'6". He is about 51 +/- yrs old. he walked behind us at one point of the game going to the pressbox. then once again sitting down in the pressbox right behind us. seen him numerous times, couldnt mistaken that man haha

DU_stud04
12-03-2007, 04:40 PM
im still wondering if birdville is going to be a big enough stadium..... i think it will meet its capacity

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Gilmer has to keep it going so they can have a showdown with Liberty Hill. That would be awesome to have two undefeated teams in the State Championship. Keep it going boys.

38-7 Gilmer.

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Is this photo what he looks like now? He definitely does not look like a man in his 50s. Must be all that clean West Texas air keeping him young.

http://preps1.reporternews.com/media/images/teams/sandifer.jpg

sweetwater07
12-03-2007, 05:32 PM
anybody started a M&G on this game yet???

i know me and Stownhorse will be there and possibly BigRon15 if he's not too lazy and his mom says he can leave.....

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
anybody started a M&G on this game yet???

i know me and Stownhorse will be there and possibly BigRon15 if he's not too lazy and his mom says he can leave.....

I might have figured out a way to make it to this game!

DU_stud04
12-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Is this photo what he looks like now? He definitely does not look like a man in his 50s. Must be all that clean West Texas air keeping him young.

http://preps1.reporternews.com/media/images/teams/sandifer.jpg yup

not a good shot from the lower side profile.... but thats ole' hugh sandifer

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
He definitely does not look like a man in his 50s. Must be all that clean West Texas air keeping him young.
i with you. didn't even look nearly 50. i guessed him to be early 40's. and yep, he had his head in the clouds.............a very tall man!!!!!

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
What kind of O's do these teams run?

TOPS1435
12-03-2007, 05:59 PM
But, gracious, Lost Aussie, he is an old timer compared to Traylor. Jeff had just turned 30 when he got the Buckeye job as AD/HC in 2000!!!!

However, both have developed successful programs. It should be an interesting game.

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
What kind of O's do these teams run? we run that "do whatever it takes to hang 50 offense"

showtime91
12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Hopefully the Abilene High people come to this game as well, seeing their game is at 1 and ours is at 6 in the area.

sweetwater07
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I might have figured out a way to make it to this game!

better be there, we gotta eventually meet up at a M&G

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 06:19 PM
we run that "do whatever it takes to hang 50 offense"

So basically, you have no idea what type of offense they run?

DU_stud04
12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
So basically, you have no idea what type of offense they run? im sorry, ill answer for my friend.... they run that "do whatever it takes to hang 50 offense" :D

blowfish
12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Something you arent realizing is that Gilmer has no defense. Our offense spits and sputters but I know one thing for sure if Gilmer scores more than 21 we lose. My prediction is 31- 14 Wylie. That is after Gilmer takes a 14-3 lead into the half. IMO

DU_stud04
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Something you arent realizing is that Gilmer has no defense. Our offense spits and sputters but I know one thing for sure if Gilmer scores more than 21 we lose. My prediction is 31- 14 Wylie. That is after Gilmer takes a 14-3 lead into the half. IMO teams that have gotten the big yards and the td's have done it by throwing on gilmer, if you really expect to keep gilmer scoreless for the second half then you sure do have another thing coming to ya.

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Something you arent realizing is that Gilmer has no defense. that would be one persons opinion and it would be a wrong one. i think you will be unpleasantly suprised by our defense. we won't pitch a shutout, but we will get some stops. we will see if wylie can do the same. i can't wait. i hope we win the toss and defer just so we can play defense 1st. our speed to the corners will contain you and you will not have much success up the middle either. ya'll better learn to throw real fast!!!!!

Rattlesnake_08
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm pulling for the bulldogs from the plains:thumbsup:.

Wylie: 34
Gilmer: 30

garciap77
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Gilmer 30
Wylie 03

Worry about Vernon!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

garciap77
12-03-2007, 07:08 PM

http://preps1.reporternews.com/media/images/teams/sandifer.jpg
Great Coach! Can win games without loads of DIV I players!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/wylie.jpg

pic resized ~ p4s

garciap77
12-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Something you arent realizing is that Gilmer has no defense. Our offense spits and sputters but I know one thing for sure if Gilmer scores more than 21 we lose. My prediction is 31- 14 Wylie. That is after Gilmer takes a 14-3 lead into the half. IMO

I agree with the 14 - 3 lead, but the out come might be a little different. Let's say 24 - 21 Wylie!:D :D :D

lostaussie
12-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Great Coach! Can win games without loads of DIV I players!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/wylie.jpg:clap: :clap: :clap: there are so many quips about D1 players it just blows my mind. isn't that what coaches are supposed to do. give their kids the best chance to succeed. we are gonna play 11 at a time just like ya'll. ya'lls kids are good.....our kids are good. it's all good:D

STANG RED
12-03-2007, 07:52 PM
that would be one persons opinion and it would be a wrong one. i think you will be unpleasantly suprised by our defense. we won't pitch a shutout, but we will get some stops. we will see if wylie can do the same. i can't wait. i hope we win the toss and defer just so we can play defense 1st. our speed to the corners will contain you and you will not have much success up the middle either. ya'll better learn to throw real fast!!!!!

Wylie is usually very balanced. I saw them play 4 times this year, and they are nearly always around 150+ yds. throwing and 150+ yds. running. And they dont run wide a whole lot, but just enough to make the opposing D play the entire feild. If they catch you trying to cheat up, out, or back, they'll eventually make you pay dearly for it.
Another thing I dont think anyone has mentioned that I've read is special teams. Wylie always plays extremely good on special teams. As always they have a very solid kicker again this year, and their return and coverage teams are always fundamentally very sound, and can make a big play at any time.

garciap77
12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
there are so many quips about D1 players it just blows my mind. isn't that what coaches are supposed to do. give their kids the best chance to succeed. we are gonna play 11 at a time just like ya'll. ya'lls kids are good.....our kids are good. it's all good:D

I agree with you! You want your team to win just as bad as I want my team to win! What I would like to see is a close hard fought game, without penalties, or injuries. And one more thing: When the game is over, a congratulation to the winning team and support for their upcoming State Championship game. This kind of situation will benefit the winning team in their State Championship game. Good luck Gilmer! Have a safe trip to the game and back!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
teams that have gotten the big yards and the td's have done it by throwing on gilmer, if you really expect to keep gilmer scoreless for the second half then you sure do have another thing coming to ya.

we can run on them :devil:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I like abilene Wylie but Abilene High can do whatever!

I pick:

Abilene Wylie 21

Gilmer 20
Final

Get ole Gilmer!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-03-2007, 08:24 PM

I want Wyile to win state! WHO CARES BOUT GILMER...LOL:D :cool:

44INAROW
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I agree with you! You want your team to win just as bad as I want my team to win! What I would like to see is a close hard fought game, without penalties, or injuries. And one more thing: When the game is over, a congratulation to the winning team and support for their upcoming State Championship game. This kind of situation will benefit the winning team in their State Championship game. Good luck Gilmer! Have a safe trip to the game and back!:clap: :clap: :clap:

nice post:clap:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM

garciap77
12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
nice post:clap:

I'm still trying to get a shot like that! Nice pic!

WylieBulldog92
12-03-2007, 08:51 PM
that would be one persons opinion and it would be a wrong one. i think you will be unpleasantly suprised by our defense. we won't pitch a shutout, but we will get some stops. we will see if wylie can do the same. i can't wait. i hope we win the toss and defer just so we can play defense 1st. our speed to the corners will contain you and you will not have much success up the middle either. ya'll better learn to throw real fast!!!!!
I really hope the corners can cover a slant and the middle of the field at the same time because blitzing 6 or 7 guys every play will not work against a coach who knows what he is doing.

LHPfactory
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Good luck to both this week, for the looser, it will be their last game of the season and for the winner it will be their last win of the season.......... :devil: :D

buff4ever
12-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Gilmer goesdown, OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED!!

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

buff4ever
12-03-2007, 09:58 PM

I am starting to think that you and I are the only ones on the whole board?

garciap77
12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Good luck to both this week, for the looser, it will be their last game of the season and for the winner it will be their last win of the season.......... :devil: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Worry about the team you are playing this week! Then if you win, you can talk your talk! LHPtalkory!!!:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

sweetwater07
12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Good luck to both this week, for the looser, it will be their last game of the season and for the winner it will be their last win of the season.......... :devil: :D

i'll have your crow on the Barbeque after the state game....assuming LH makes it there

you like it well done, medium, medium rare???...lemme know so i can have it ready for you

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
i'll have your crow on the Barbeque after the state game....assuming LH makes it there

you like it well done, medium, medium rare???...lemme know so i can have it ready for you

easy big fella :eek:

Buckeye80
12-03-2007, 10:22 PM

Have you seen Gilmer play, or are you just armed with FSN highlights and running another uninformed head?

I'd come and watch the Buffs play, but I'm really more of a football kind of guy.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80

I'd come and watch the Buffs play, but I'm really more of a football kind of guy.

ouch, that was harsh. but i have to admit i almost spit up my V8 juice
:clap:

WylieBulldog92
12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Bah I won't listen to txprepcountry now...

buff4ever
12-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Have you seen Gilmer play, or are you just armed with FSN highlights and running another uninformed head?

more of a football kind of guy huh, OR ARE YOU?;)

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:45 PM

At a loss for words??? :D

sundevil
12-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Couple of things:

Someone asked at the begining of the thread if these teams had ever played against one another. I know Gilmer played Wylie ( i guess it was AW, i don't know of another Wylie) in 1981 in Mesquite.....it was a great game. I got my first kiss as a 5th grader and Gilmer won. I just remember everone talking about how unbelievably good you guys were and that we actually won.

Now I have been to a couple of your schools web sites and appreciate how much your community supports you. I believe you have the corner on better web sites out of our two communities but the communites are both proud of their teams.

I look forward to a hard fought game. We run the spread but depending on the circumstances go balanced, heavy pass, or heavy run. As far as the comment about us rushing 6 or 7 guys and getting burned.......we do the same thing your team does; prepare a game plan for a specific team. If we do something it is because we believe there is a weakness that we can use to our advantage.

I am sure both coaching staffs are pulling 100+ hours this week on film breakdown, prep work, coaching, etc...

Maybe I can talk my wife into coming and get another kiss in the stands with a hopeful Gilmer win.

showtime91
12-03-2007, 11:03 PM
There is another wylie...its in wylie, tx not abilene, tx

Buckeye80
12-03-2007, 11:18 PM
more of a football kind of guy huh, OR ARE YOU?;)

Yeah. Watching your team play football in December is one of life's little pleasures that few people get to experience. ;)

garciap77
12-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah. Watching your team play football in December is one of life's little pleasures that few people get to experience. ;)

Is this what this was all about?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_5598.jpg

How is this pirate4state?;) ;) ;)

showtime91
12-04-2007, 12:08 AM
That's what i'm talking about....lol
vvvvvvvvv look down

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Worry about the team you are playing this week! Then if you win, you can talk your talk! LHPtalkory!!!:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

A lot of people are just flat out stuck on LH, I know some people that went to see them and weren't that impressed, it's not like their that Patriots of high school football....

Wylie will take state in a hard fought battle!

TOPS1435
12-04-2007, 02:07 AM
It was Wylie, TX that we played in 1981 at Mesquite Memorial in the quarterfinals and upset them. They had been ranked no-1 or near there all year, and we were supposed to get stomped.

We played over our heads, won, and beat Kermit in the semi-finals to qualify for a cold, wet trip to Waco where Gilmer lost to the Cameron Yoemen in the state finals. I still shiver when I think about that game!!!! (34 degrees, wind 15-20 mph and drizzle the whole time.)

Gilmer has run the spread predominantly since 2001, but against Liberty-Eylau this year, the Buckeyes unveiled a 2-back, 2 tight end formation which had been practiced but never used in a game situation all year long. That was to answer a weakness we had last year when we got in close and needed to drive the ball across the goal.

Until then, Justin Johnson did not have many 200+ yard rushing days because he would be pulled after 10-15 rushes with 150-200 yards and 2-3 tds. He has become an Earl Campbell-type work horse in the playoffs and now has over 2,000 for the year. Oh, yea, and he was held out of the game against our weakest opponent because of a groin pull.

DU_stud04
12-04-2007, 03:15 AM
I really hope the corners can cover a slant and the middle of the field at the same time because blitzing 6 or 7 guys every play will not work against a coach who knows what he is doing. who ever said gilmer blitz every play? last i saw, 4 was the most they ever needed in dominating the line.

DU_stud04
12-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Gilmer goesdown, OVERRATED OVERRATED OVERRATED!! the most overrated team i saw in football this year was giddings. atleast your dq kinda lived up to the hype.

I'd come and watch the Buffs play, but I'm really more of a football kind of guy. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Snydertigersrul
12-04-2007, 06:33 AM
the most overrated team i saw in football this year was giddings. atleast your dq kinda lived up to the hype.

Gilmer will win easily and proved why East Texas is superior.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 07:12 AM
A lot of people are just flat out stuck on LH, I know some people that went to see them and weren't that impressed.
I know some people that went to see us that weren't that impressed, either. It's all good....the boys aren't out there to "impress" people. :thumbsup:

But, back to the game that THIS thread is about. I've never had the chance to see either team, but from reading about both over the years, this could be a classic matchup. Good luck to both!

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
this coming from a west texan? :thinking: interesting to say the least..

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 09:30 AM
A lot of people are just flat out stuck on LH, I know some people that went to see them and weren't that impressed

i also know some people that are stuck on Snyder for some reason??? :confused: ;)

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

Daddy D 11, This person may live in west texas, but they have a mind of a five year old from region 3:D

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Daddy D 11, This person may live in west texas, but they have a mind of a five year old from region 3:D

is there a hidden message somewhere in that? or am i reading to deep? haha

and ive already stated that i am rooting for them boys from west texas...well just the ones from abiliene :cool:

dont make me change my vote! hah

markp08
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
I think I'm missing something here. I didn't realize that what ever region Liberty Hill is in gets an automatice bye in the semi finals and is already in the state game. Am I missing something here?:thinking:

You Liberty Hill fans think you've got a ride on the banana boat straight into the finals. I don't here anyone on either Wylie's or Gilmer's side worried about that game yet. If I were you I would keep your focus on the game at hand. I think all the Wylie fans experienced what can happen when all the talk is about how easy your next game is going to be when they played Andrews last week. Your team starts reading their own press clippings and can come out and lay an egg.

For what it's worth I hope whoever wins between Wylie and Gilmer goes to state and kicks LH's behind from where ever the game is played all the way back to LH's high school locker room. :p

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 09:44 AM
helluva post mark :clap:

and you are forgetting one thing, we arent Wylie :p

we dont lay eggs, but just win games :devil:

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 09:50 AM
is there a hidden message somewhere in that? or am i reading to deep? haha

and ive already stated that i am rooting for them boys from west texas...well just the ones from abiliene :cool:

dont make me change my vote! hah

Actually was just trying to get a rise out of the west texas nucklehead.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Actually was just trying to get a rise out of the west texas nucklehead.

how nice of you..

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I think I'm missing something here. I didn't realize that what ever region Liberty Hill is in gets an automatice bye in the semi finals and is already in the state game. Am I missing something here?:thinking:

You Liberty Hill fans think you've got a ride on the banana boat straight into the finals. I don't here anyone on either Wylie's or Gilmer's side worried about that game yet. If I were you I would keep your focus on the game at hand. I think all the Wylie fans experienced what can happen when all the talk is about how easy your next game is going to be when they played Andrews last week. Your team starts reading their own press clippings and can come out and lay an egg.

For what it's worth I hope whoever wins between Wylie and Gilmer goes to state and kicks LH's behind from where ever the game is played all the way back to LH's high school locker room. :p

No dude, they seriously are going to kill Pleasanton. It is not even going to be funny. They know that they are already in the state championship. Just because they are looking ahead doesn't mean that they aren't going to play. they will easily dispose of Pleasanton and hopefully meet Gilmer in State.

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Is this what this was all about?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_5598.jpg

How is this pirate4state?;) ;) ;)

MUCH better!!!! :thumbsup: :)

STANG RED
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
No dude, they seriously are going to kill Pleasanton. It is not even going to be funny. They know that they are already in the state championship. Just because they are looking ahead doesn't mean that they aren't going to play. they will easily dispose of Pleasanton and hopefully meet Gilmer in State.

I know nothing about Pleasanton, but I know they must be pretty good, or they'd be setting at home. Nothing is a sure thing at this point! Lots have thought so in the past, but ended up going home crying. I've seen it too many times.

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I know nothing about Pleasanton, but I know they must be pretty good, or they'd be setting at home. Nothing is a sure thing at this point! Lots have thought so in the past, but ended up going home crying. I've seen it too many times.

"DITTO that" - My thought excatly:thumbsup:

markp08
12-04-2007, 12:00 PM
helluva post mark :clap:

and you are forgetting one thing, we arent Wylie :p

we dont lay eggs, but just win games :devil:

Well, I guess If I'm a Wylie fan then I don't have anything to worry about. Wylie can lay an egg and still win. Accoring to what I've heard we don't know if Liberty Hill knows how to play through adversity! I guess I'll have to look at their schedule and see who they've played this year.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hijacked2.gif

Now.......Gilmer vs Wylie

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hijacked2.gif

Now.......Gilmer vs Wylie

Oh Ya! these two teams play this weekend:clap:

Where's this game being played and whats everyone's predictions on this one:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh Ya! these two teams play this weekend:clap:

Where's this game being played and whats everyone's predictions on this one:thinking:

I wonder how many Sweetwater players will be on the 7-3A
all-district team when they announce it shortly after this game is
played?:thinking: :devil: :D

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I wonder how many Sweetwater players will be on the 7-3A
all-district team when they announce it shortly after this game is
played?:thinking: :devil: :D

That's not a very good vote of confidence there Sweetwater Red:thinking:

Of all the people who should have faith in Ole Sandifer:D you think the Mustangs to west would have penty.:D

Sweetwater Red
12-04-2007, 01:47 PM
That's not a very good vote of confidence there Sweetwater Red:thinking:

I knew you'd catch it. :D

I'm just trying to help nobogey72 get you fired up.

I'll be listening to this game on the radio and pulling for Wylie
of course.:thumbsup:

Did I mention Wylie has the second best broadcast team in the
Big Country?:thinking:

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Gilmer - Ablilene Wylie: Finally get to have the 04 "Texas Bowl"!!

The Region I championship is a respectable way to end your season. ;)

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 02:39 PM

Same here! I have the utmost respect for Abilene Wylie and I'll be back here congratulating them IF they beat us, but I think the City of Abilene has already used up their "upset" win last week. ;)

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Same here! I have the utmost respect for Abilene Wylie and I'll be back here congratulating them IF they beat us, but I think the City of Abilene has already used up their "upset" win last week. ;)

I was very impressed with everything about Gilmer last Sat. except their mascot. Is that the best you can do for a Buckeye:thinking: If I didn't know what a Buckeye was already, I sure wouldn't have known from looking at "Nutty", but other than that I was impressed by Gilmer and their showing.:D

And by the way, the upset last week for Abilene High took some "devine intervention" at the end, not luck. So what ever luck is left in Abilene belongs to Wylie this week.

JJ7997
12-04-2007, 03:24 PM
So what ever luck is left in Abilene belongs to Wylie this week.

I dont think they will need it. I think Wylie will do just fine and win a close one.

Texasfootball2
12-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok, here's my take on this game. Gilmer is loaded, everyone knows that. Even though I know that they have the ability to play better than they did against Roosevelt, my gut feeling is that they make a lot of mistakes defensively, but they go unnoticed because they are always up on teams by 40+ points. They are just little mistakes that the average fan can sit back and laugh at as if it's no big deal. Wylie plays a tough and very fundamentally sound type of football. Football is the ultimate team sport and Wylie has made a living winning games because of their blue collar total team effort and attitude. Most people who are there early enough to watch both teams warm up will give the boys in purple pants and white jersey's absolutely zero chance against the monsters in black. Sandifer lives for these type of challenges, just ask Everman, Aledo, Cuero, Royce City, and many others. On paper, this looks like a mismatch, but the disciplined blue collared boys from Wylie will hang in there, and if Gilmers so much as blinks at the wrong time Wylie will steal this one right out from under them.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok, here's my take on this game. Gilmer is loaded, everyone knows that. Even though I know that they have the ability to play better than they did against Roosevelt, my gut feeling is that they make a lot of mistakes defensively, but they go unnoticed because they are always up on teams by 40+ points. They are just little mistakes that the average fan can sit back and laugh at as if it's no big deal. Wylie plays a tough and very fundamentally sound type of football. Football is the ultimate team sport and Wylie has made a living winning games because of their blue collar total team effort and attitude. Most people who are there early enough to watch both teams warm up will give the boys in purple pants and white jersey's absolutely zero chance against the monsters in black. Sandifer lives for these type of challenges, just ask Everman, Aledo, Cuero, Royce City, and many others. On paper, this looks like a mismatch, but the disciplined blue collared boys from Wylie will hang in there, and if Gilmers so much as blinks at the wrong time Wylie will steal this one right out from under them.

Blue collar.........Abilene Wylie. :confused: Typically those are two phrases that don't go together.

waterboy
12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Your take could be dead on. If Gilmer doesn't have a good week of practice they will find themselves in a heap of trouble. They can't afford to make mistakes, either, because if they do and Abilene Wylie hangs around this one could go either way. It also doesn't matter if one team has more D1 players than the other, it's what they do with that talent. I've seen alot of games where one team had alot more talent than the other team and lost. It's all about execution. The Buckeyes are a also a very disciplined team and are blue collar in their work ethic. Personally, I don't think the Buckeyes will take ANY team lightly. Most of the players on this team saw first hand what can happen when they do that, i.e. Liberty-Eylau last year.

Go Buckeyes! Remember the D-A-S-H ! One game at a time! High and tight! No turnovers! Watch the penalties and play solid defense! Play 110% at least one more play than your opponent!
P.R.I.D.E.
"Offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 05:25 PM
"Fundamentally sound" is exactly how I've been describing Abilene Wylie. They are a bunch of over-achievers who play solid, fundamental, and technical football (see 02 Bandera). That being said, Gilmer's offensive strategy is more than just "give the ball to the fast black kid and hope he outruns everyone" which some people think is the case. Coach Traylor has demonstrated an uncanny knack for making the right halftime adjustments in the last 6-7 weeks of the season. This game is going to IMHO come down to conditioning and 4th quarter execution. At the end, I think the athleticism of the Buckeyes (which will still be at full steam in the 4th quarter) will wear down the Bulldogs.

Buckeyes 47
Bulldogs 20

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I was very impressed with everything about Gilmer last Sat. except their mascot. Is that the best you can do for a Buckeye

The physics involved in making a human being appear to be a member of the nut family are mind-boggling. Years ago, we had the young lady who played the "blueberry girl" on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and she looked fantastic dressed as a Buckeye rolling back and forth along the track. Following her graduation, we have yet to find another student who possesses the neccessary girth to pull off a "buckeye" of equal impressiveness.

And yes the one we have now looks stupid.;)

Who-dun-it!!?
12-04-2007, 05:53 PM
The physics involved in making a human being appear to be a member of the nut family are mind-boggling. Years ago, we had the young lady who played the "blueberry girl" on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and she looked fantastic dressed as a Buckeye rolling back and forth along the track. Following her graduation, we have yet to find another student who possesses the neccessary girth to pull off a "buckeye" of equal impressiveness.

And yes the one we have now looks stupid.;)

Somebody post a pic I gotta see this.

TOPS1435
12-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Buckeye 80

You are too much!!!!!LOL

The fact is there is a distinct disadvantage to being the only high school in the country with a particular mascot. None one knows how to make a bobble head your size!!! LOL

And the Ohio State Buckeyes pick up on the 5-pointed leaf to put on their helmets, not the nut!!

Even so, we love our Army of Buckeyes, and have loyal fans too. I believe on SMC a Pleasant Grove Hawk posted that there were Buckeyes ready to enter Mesquite Memorial while PG and Glen Rose were still playing. We'll be there ready to cheer on our hard working players.

STANG RED
12-04-2007, 06:14 PM
"Fundamentally sound" is exactly how I've been describing Abilene Wylie. They are a bunch of over-achievers who play solid, fundamental, and technical football (see 02 Bandera). That being said, Gilmer's offensive strategy is more than just "give the ball to the fast black kid and hope he outruns everyone" which some people think is the case. Coach Traylor has demonstrated an uncanny knack for making the right halftime adjustments in the last 6-7 weeks of the season. This game is going to IMHO come down to conditioning and 4th quarter execution. At the end, I think the athleticism of the Buckeyes (which will still be at full steam in the 4th quarter) will wear down the Bulldogs.

Buckeyes 47
Bulldogs 20

Superior athleticism may be Gilmers only edge against Wylie. But conditioning and 4th quarter execution has never been a Wylie weakness. Typically 4th quarter is when they pull away from most teams, because of their conditioning and execution.

garciap77
12-04-2007, 06:15 PM

You thought SLC was an upset! Not by any means! Abilene should have won that game by 13 and not 1! But, I'll take the one! :p :p :p
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/state_abilene.jpg

garciap77
12-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Did you actually write this? Dang that was good!

"Wylie Football" is the ultimate team sport!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/wylie2.jpg

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Typically 4th quarter is when they pull away from most teams, because of their conditioning and execution.

Then all I can say is that it shapes up to be one helluva 4th quarter!!:D

garciap77
12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Then all I can say is that it shapes up to be one helluva 4th quarter!!:D

That's what I want to see!, Because a blow out either way, will not help the winning team! Go Luck Buckeyes! Will there be a M&G?

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
That's what I want to see!, Because a blow out either way, will not help the winning team! Go Luck Buckeyes! Will there be a M&G?

Don't know yet. I may not make this one anyway. My baby girl is due tomorrow and we'll have to wait and see when she decides to finally get here. :D

garciap77
12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Good luck!

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Good luck!

I'm going to try to use the old Z Twins Motion Right Double Reverse Mother and Mother-in-Law distract the wife while daddy catches the state semi-final in Birdville on Two......Ready.....Break!!

DU_stud04
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm going to try to use the old Z Twins Motion Right Double Reverse Mother and Mother-in-Law distract the wife while daddy catches the state semi-final in Birdville on Two......Ready.....Break!! haha, not many have been able to pull this one off.... good luck buddy

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Don't know yet. I may not make this one anyway. My baby girl is due tomorrow and we'll have to wait and see when she decides to finally get here. :D
:doh: :doh: Dang.....did somebody forget to tell you that babies during football season are a B A D idea? :D

STANG RED
12-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm going to try to use the old Z Twins Motion Right Double Reverse Mother and Mother-in-Law distract the wife while daddy catches the state semi-final in Birdville on Two......Ready.....Break!!

Thats a great call! It may not work, but still its a great call.:clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Stang Red! Are you going to be at the Vernon game?

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM

I tried a similar play last week called: Strong I right, Green, X Motion Do the dishes for a week and vaccuum and take the two year old every chance I get to let the wife rest, but I got called for illegal procedure and was forced to forfeit.:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-04-2007, 06:57 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PE0llH5uwIY

What are the Wylie players saying as they break the huddle at the beginning of this video?

"Viva la tierra tiempo" or something like that.

"Long live land weather"?

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I tried a similar play last week called: Strong I right, Green, X Motion Do the dishes for a week and vaccuum and take the two year old every chance I get to let the wife rest, but I got called for illegal procedure and was forced to forfeit.:D

ROFL! Sucker! :p :p

Buckeye80
12-04-2007, 07:01 PM

What are the Wylie players saying as they break the huddle at the beginning of this video?

"We want a light tiara and a tempo" (Ford tempo?)

DU_stud04
12-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I tried a similar play last week called: Strong I right, Green, X Motion Do the dishes for a week and vaccuum and take the two year old every chance I get to let the wife rest, but I got called for illegal procedure and was forced to forfeit.:D shoulda went on goose haha

Martian Man
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM

That's hilarious! Here are some other plays for the playbook:

Motion in the back field (aka a back rub for your pregnant wife)
Ice the Kicker (bring ice cream home for the kicking baby)
Quarterback sneak (you slink out the back door saying you're going for more ice cream)
The Hail Mary (pray your wife doesn't go into labor while you're gone)

showtime91
12-04-2007, 10:32 PM

funny! but not quite....

"B-U-L-L-D-O-G-S, PURPLE GOLD, PURPLE GOLD, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

JJ7997
12-04-2007, 10:48 PM

Buckeyes 47
Bulldogs 20

Wylie doesnt get blown out like that. So you can scratch that prediction.

WylieBulldog92
12-04-2007, 10:52 PM

Nice try...but no, good job posting another video of mine though...

LOL

Daddy D 11
12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Well, I guess If I'm a Wylie fan then I don't have anything to worry about. Wylie can lay an egg and still win. Accoring to what I've heard we don't know if Liberty Hill knows how to play through adversity! I guess I'll have to look at their schedule and see who they've played this year.

cause looking at our scuedule will do wonders for knowing if we can play through adversity :rolleyes:

Gilmer is plenty to worry about, they are a very good team.

pero chato
12-04-2007, 11:11 PM

Definitley the spanish quote. All Bulldogs (pero chatos) understand spanish.

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Wylie doesnt get blown out like that. So you can scratch that prediction.

First time for everything!! :devil: :D

injuredinmelee
12-05-2007, 01:13 AM
i do have one prediction....
we break the members online record sat night.

lostaussie
12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
i do have one prediction....
we break the members online record sat night. it will have to be late............wylie and gilmer fans won't be in till around 1. and if history stays true, the loseing team, for the most part, usually doesn't get back on for a couple of days:D

injuredinmelee
12-05-2007, 08:15 AM
will be lots of other fans checking in to get updates I reckon, Like LH folks shaking in their boots about which juggernaut they will have to face

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2007, 08:18 AM
will be lots of other fans checking in to get updates I reckon, Like LH folks shaking in their boots about which juggernaut they will have to face
LOL! We'll be in the middle of a game facing our own juggernaut. ;)

nobogey72
12-05-2007, 08:45 AM

WOW!!! "Exceptional athletic ability beats heart...." The current situation in college football kind of puts your theory to test doesn't it? I'll go to war with a bunch of kids that have above average athletic ability and exceptional heart, work ethic, intelligence, and preparation over a few with exceptional athletic ability any day of the week, no matter what the sport.:)

charlesrixey
12-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Gilmer wins by a touchdown

Wylie is the most consistently underrated and yet proven winner in west texas

Adidas410s
12-05-2007, 09:55 AM

You just made Pleasanton and juggernaut as interchangeable words...:doh: :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 10:01 AM
WOW!!! "Exceptional athletic ability beats heart...." The current situation in college football kind of puts your theory to test doesn't it? I'll go to war with a bunch of kids that have above average athletic ability and exceptional heart, work ethic, intelligence, and preparation over a few with exceptional athletic ability any day of the week, no matter what the sport.:) What makes you think an "exceptional athlete" doesn't also have exceptional heart, work ethic & intelligence??!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

lostaussie
12-05-2007, 10:22 AM
What makes you think an "exceptional athlete" doesn't also have exceptional heart, work ethic & intelligence??!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

:D what you gonna do if we meet thunderstruck next week? are we gonna divorce or what:D

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
what you gonna do if we meet thunderstruck next week? are we gonna divorce or what:D It will be win/win for me!! :thumbsup:

nobogey72
12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
What makes you think an "exceptional athlete" doesn't also have exceptional heart, work ethic & intelligence??!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

I DON'T think that. My post was a response to a statement that said that "superior athletic ability beats heart". My point was that superior athletic ability (by itself) doesn't always get it done.:)

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I DON'T think that. My post was a response to a statement that said that "superior athletic ability beats heart". My point was that superior athletic ability (by itself) doesn't always get it done.:) Well, I'd say 7 out of 10 times it would. LOL. I like making up numbers!

Don't worry, I understand where you are coming from. ;)

nobogey72
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, I'd say 7 out of 10 times it would. LOL. I like making up numbers!

Don't worry, I understand where you are coming from. ;)

Whatever.......You know as well as I do that the actual stat is 6.875 out of 10! That 7 out of 10 was inflated.:D :D

pirate4state
12-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Whatever.......You know as well as I do that the actual stat is 6.875 out of 10! That 7 out of 10 was inflated.:D :D It's all the West Texas WIND!!! LMAO!

Texasfootball2
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM
It's
all the West Texas WIND!!! LMAO! pirate4state - WIND is something that nobogey is very use to. He lives in West Texas and is an avid golfer. But, he will occasionally release some "hot air":thinking: if you know what I mean.

Back to business - "GO DAWGS"

injuredinmelee
12-05-2007, 11:39 AM

it is cute when yall pretend the other team has a chance