PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs Pleasanton

Pages : [1] 2

Panther One
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Saturday night in the Alamodome. I don't know the official time yet. Liberty Hill is the home team. I guess we lost every other flip, because I think we wanted Friday night or Saturday afternoon at Bobcat Stadium or Hays.

Maybe it'll be cool for the guys to play in the dome, but I'm not in favor of it. I prefer outdoor games. I hate high school games indoors.

rundoe
12-01-2007, 11:55 PM
or daytime in Baylor. Thats a good staduim, but we'll be there and ready

DeeStroyer71
12-02-2007, 12:02 AM
It really dont matter.

44INAROW
12-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I don't think this one is going to be close at all.... hhmm I say LH by 40.......

Good Luck Panthers :)

Panther One
12-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I don't think this one is going to be close at all.... hhmm I say LH by 40.......

Good Luck Panthers :)
Taking the conservative approach, huh?

LH OffseasonVet
12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Saturday night in the Alamodome. I don't know the official time yet. Liberty Hill is the home team. I guess we lost every other flip, because I think we wanted Friday night or Saturday afternoon at Bobcat Stadium or Hays.

Maybe it'll be cool for the guys to play in the dome, but I'm not in favor of it. I prefer outdoor games. I hate high school games indoors.

I'll second not wanting to play in the Alamodome, HS games are more fun with the elements mixed in - the chill or possible rain and wind, plus the venue is way to big. I didn't like playing at Kyle Field for the same reason the stadium feels empty. I was really hoping to play at Alamo stadium, the Rock Pile would have been new but fun I think.

44INAROW
12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Taking the conservative approach, huh?

no, I think Vance gives the 1st team the 2nd half off :D

LHOFFSEASONVET - I 2nd that - love Alamo Stadium aka The Rock Pile - great atmosphere....... Alamodome - not so much

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Well, heck. I would've preferred outdoors, but it'll be different for sure. Wonder how this is inside? :devil:

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/blitz2.gifhttp://www.smilieland.com/graphics/blitz007.gifhttp://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/flash1.gif

rundoe
12-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, heck. I would've preferred outdoors, but it'll be different for sure. Wonder how this is inside? :devil:

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/blitz2.gifhttp://www.smilieland.com/graphics/blitz007.gifhttp://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/flash1.gif

Thunkerstruck works inside as well as out.

Your bell will be twice as loud. I'm bringing earplugs!!!!!

TAMUGRAD
12-02-2007, 10:00 AM
LH in a blowout.

LH_Tuff
12-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Looks like it will be at 8:00, Saturday 12/8, Alamodome.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2007, 10:15 AM
no, I think Vance gives the 1st team the 2nd half off :D

It is not fair that Region III winner always gets to play the Region IV patsy in the semis.

Region I and II also should alternate from year to year to be able to face the Region IV champ.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
It is not fair that Region III winner always gets to play the Region IV patsy in the semis.

Region I and II also should alternate from year to year to be able to face the Region IV champ.
Yeah, the Region IV "patsy" in 2005 was Wimberley. :eek: :eek: :p

44INAROW
12-02-2007, 10:18 AM

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh well.

At least, however flawed it may be, the UIL does have a playoff system, unlike the disaster that is known as the BCS.

44INAROW
12-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh well.

At least, however flawed it may be, the UIL does have a playoff system, unlike the disaster that is known as the BCS.

I have to agree with that...... they have a mess on their hands..... re: Reg 111 vs Reg IV while I didn't phrase it like you did earlier - I did ask my husband if they ever switch it up as to who plays who 1st in the Semi's...... I know it's been that way for a while but has it always been that way?

Tx Challenge
12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Sure there are times when it appears that the best 2 teams play in a playoff game before the championship game. That can happen in round 1 of the playoffs for that matter.

Bottom line, to be the best, you win all your games no matter what round!

Oh well.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 11:00 AM

LOL

that's silly

since the two divisions:

1998: Cuero beat the Region 3 team

1999: Mathis beat the Region 3 team

2000: La Grange beat the Region 3 team (they were Region 4 that year)

2001: La Grange beat the Region 3 team
...........Sinton beat the Region 3 team

2002: Burnet beat the Region 3 team
...........Bandera beat the Region 3 team

2003: Burnet beat the Region 3 team

2004: Cuero beat the Region 3 team

2005: Wimberley beat the Region 3 team

2006: For the first year since 3A went to the two division system, a Region 4 team did not make a finals game...

State Championship appearances since the two divisions were installed:

Region 3: 8 (thought it'll be 9 after next week)
Region 4: 10

Patsies win :rolleyes:

sinton66
12-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
LOL

that's silly

since the two divisions:

2006: For the first year since 3A went to the two division system, a Region 4 team did not make a finals game...

and that's the name of that tune........;)

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2007, 11:04 AM
The Gilmer coach has said he would like to see teams seeded in the playoffs.

I guess it would work like the NCAA basketball tournament. I am not sure what he is envisioning.

Gobbla2001
12-02-2007, 11:06 AM

I guess it would work like the NCAA basketball tournament. I am not sure what he is envisioning.

not saying that wouldn't work, but if it aint broke don't fix it...

Panther One
12-02-2007, 11:17 AM
And we used to be region IV and might be again next year...

And if you want to talk about pastries...just look at Celina's path to the title game the past couple of years...

Panther One
12-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Will never happen. The state is too big and the travel that would created would be rediculous.

Daddy D 11
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
not just that, how would you see undefeted district champs? everyone would be saying that they are better than the other 10-0 team or whatever your record would be. The only thing i think i would change is that there is only 2 reps outta each district, that way div 1 and div 2 are the same ( 5 round bracket )

but on the subject, LH "battles the elements" and steamrolls Pleasanton.

Panther One
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
And if you want to talk about pastries...just look at Celina's path to the title game the past couple of years...
Ha. Have to make fun of myself a little...

http://www.cubabakery.com/pastries_050web.jpg

wimbo_pro
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
LOL

that's silly...

My thoughts exactly, Gobbla2001. Thanks for laying it out clearly. By the way, wasnt LH part of region 4 for quite a while?

JT44
12-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Thunkerstruck works inside as well as out.

Your bell will be twice as loud. I'm bringing earplugs!!!!!

I don't think the dome allows noisemakers, you'll have to sneak it in.

they'll search "big" purses

They did that to us last year against wimberley, but still didn't find our drinks at the bottom!

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
This game will be over before all of the RGV pride fans can get to their seat......

clemsmarina
12-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by JT44
I don't think the dome allows noisemakers, you'll have to sneak it in.

they'll search "big" purses

They did that to us last year against wimberley, but still didn't find our drinks at the bottom!

The only thing I saw them taking last night at the Big 12 game was food and drinks.

Gators17
12-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Every thread I've read about Liberty Hill says how they're going to blow any team out. Personally, I don't know anything about them, except that they run an offense similar to Caldwell's. From the scoreboard it looked like they manhandled Navasota, and Navasota was a pretty good team.

Doed Liberty Hill have any D1 prospects?

R4Editor
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
This game will be over before all of the RGV pride fans can get to their seat...... LOL , This statement is just like Devine radio announcers when they mention that Llano should have no prolbem with the RGV team Palacios. Palacios is nowhere near the valley and Pleasanton is like 25 miles east of SA.:D

TexanAlum_06
12-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
LOL , This statement is just like Devine radio announcers when they mention that Llano should have no prolbem with the RGV team Palacios. Palacios is nowhere near the valley and Pleasanton is like 25 miles east of SA.:D

They are close enough.... lol.:D

Emerson1
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
The alamodome sucks

rbwill
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Pleasanton is 36 miles due south of San Antonio. There may not be much support from the Pleasanton side on this thread, as I don't recall ever seeing any posting from them on the Down Low.
As for the Alamo Dome, I always had my doubts about seeing high school football in there, until last year when I went to 3, 3A playoff games there . The atmosphere was festive and loud and I really did not notice the empty upper decks, it was really pretty cool.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
Does Liberty Hill have any D1 prospects?
I'm not positive if there are any on this years' team, . I know Allman (FB) has some offers, but I don't know if any are D1. I'm sure there are others with offers, but who and where, I haven't asked.

Daddy D 11
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Every thread I've read about Liberty Hill says how they're going to blow any team out. Personally, I don't know anything about them, except that they run an offense similar to Caldwell's. From the scoreboard it looked like they manhandled Navasota, and Navasota was a pretty good team.

its not similar to caldwells, ask Navasota :D

and no we do not, but we will still dominate you :)

Panther One
12-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Here are the two seniors that are getting looks. If there are more, I'm not aware of them.

Marlowe Poitier (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=66687&sport=1)

Doug Allman (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=64278&sport=1)

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Another scenario like last week. LH rolls.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Here are the two seniors that are getting looks. If there are more, I'm not aware of them.

Marlowe Poitier (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=66687&sport=1)

Doug Allman (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=64278&sport=1)
:doh: :doh: :doh: I can't believe I forgot about Marlowe.

buff4life
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
#1 vs. #81...what a game...in the semis no less...

Panther One
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
#1 vs. #81...what a game...in the semis no less...
That's what happens when the UIL decides to pull Liberty Hill and the entire district of Wharton, Sweeney, Needville, etc out of region IV and into region III. And with Wimberley and Hondo not what they were last year, there is basically one good team in all of Region IV, and they're in Div II.

buff4life
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
That's what happens when the UIL decides to pull Liberty Hill and the entire district of Wharton, Sweeney, Needville, etc out of region IV and into region III. And with Wimberley and Hondo not what they were last year, there is basically one good team in all of Region IV, and they're in Div II.

UIL YAY :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
12-02-2007, 06:37 PM

Not slamming any particular team - but the State Champs in Div 2 had 2 losses last year - and both those losses were to Reg IV teams.. (granted that team beat those teams this year :()
I am a "big girl" and will admit Reg III is loaded - but it's not like Reg IV is full of losers......

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Not slamming any particular team - but the State Champs in Div 2 had 2 losses last year - and both those losses were to Reg IV teams.. (granted that team beat those teams this year :()
I am a "big girl" and will admit Reg III is loaded - but it's not like Reg IV is full of losers...... Just a tad top heavy ;)

BILLYFRED0000
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
its not similar to caldwells, ask Navasota :D

and no we do not, but we will still dominate you :)

That is the truth the whole truth and nothin but the truth. This is one of those games they really don't need to play. But they will just so I can say told ya so. Gilmer will be a good match. Athletes vs the system. If it gets to that point I am coming to that game.

Old Tiger
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Doed Liberty Hill have any D1 prospects? Navasota was not a pretty good team. From what I saw they were just average. Caldwell's offense is a watered down LH offense. LH is the real deal and from the 979 location I can see where you would get that from. LH is the real deal and should be a great matchup with gilmer in the title game.

R4Editor
12-02-2007, 07:22 PM
That's what happens when the UIL decides to pull Liberty Hill and the entire district of Wharton, Sweeney, Needville, etc out of region IV and into region III. And with Wimberley and Hondo not what they were last year, there is basically one good team in all of Region IV, and they're in Div II. when was the last time Wharton, Sweeney and Needville made some noise in Region 4?:thinking:

JJ7997
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
The final is going to be LH and Wylie, and I dont want no disagreeing, ya hear ! :D

Super_R
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
With noone to dispute how bad we will or wont destroy Pleasanton this could be a slow week. Maybe we could ask a couple of the goons from Navasota...the 2 that put 50% of the post on the other thread...to come on here and keep us going.

Didn't the Alamodome replace the astro turf a few years back with the newer all-play stuff? I hope so.

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
With noone to dispute how bad we will or wont destroy Pleasanton this could be a slow week. Maybe we could ask a couple of the goons from Navasota...the 2 that put 50% of the post on the other thread...to come on here and keep us going.

Didn't the Alamodome replace the astro turf a few years back with the newer all-play stuff? I hope so.
Maybe you can gear up for next week and work on the other two DI teams early. ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I am a "big girl" and will admit Reg III is loaded - but it's not like Reg IV is full of losers......
I get the feeling (and no, it's NOT gas) that the 2007 DII State Champs will use their two losses just like we did last year - as motivation & inspiration to bring it all home. :)

formermbcouns
12-02-2007, 08:19 PM
LH big!

44INAROW
12-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
The final is going to be LH and Wylie, and I dont want no disagreeing, ya hear ! :D
That would be awesome and I already know who I'd be rooting for but we don't wanna get to far ahead our ourselves right now - it's one game at a time.......... (but I hope you are right on that )

I get the feeling (and no, it's NOT gas) that the 2007 DII State Champs will use their two losses just like we did last year - as motivation & inspiration to bring it all home. :)

Wow - that would be sooo super wonderful......... I know the boys are motivated - we'll just have to see how it plays out - we gotta big game this week with the Sharks (heck, all of them are HUGE at this level) I am just happy at what the boys have accomplished so far - considering some in town had all but written the Gobblers off...... Way to go boys, no matter how it ends up, we're proud of you :)

Super_R
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Maybe you can gear up for next week and work on the other two DI teams early. ;)

They have their hands full this week. They'll be too worried about each other...than to worry about little old Liberty Hill.

rbwill
12-02-2007, 09:53 PM

Yes it is now all-play turf

WylieBulldog92
12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Pleasanton better be glad this isn't a poll!

pirate4state
12-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Pleasanton better be glad this isn't a poll! Like a poll on a message board matters! :doh: LOL

LH 52
Pleasanton 14

Keep it rollin' LH - looking forward to a Gilmer/LH state final! :thumbsup:

catdaddy
12-02-2007, 11:45 PM
That would be awesome and I already know who I'd be rooting for but we don't wanna get to far ahead our ourselves right now - it's one game at a time.......... (but I hope you are right on that )

That's what I'm talkin' about. One game at a time. This is football (AND THE PLAYOFFS)
I have all the faith in the world in the Panthers but let's not go looking past the Alamodome just yet!!!!

Meow go get 'em Cats!!:evillol: :evillol:

Panther One
12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Liberty Hill 63-7...

...and that's only because we call off the dogs. Also, don't be surprised if we shut them out. I just didn't feel right predicting a shutout, though. Seems like they might get a td off a turnover or against the subs or something like that.

R4Editor
12-03-2007, 01:43 AM
LH 45 Pleasanton 21

i should be there to see this score, if i dont go gambling this weekend.:)

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 01:44 AM
LH 45 Pleasanton 21

i should be there to see this score, if i dont go gambling this weekend.:) LH's D is clicking. No way they score 21.

LH 51
Pleasanton 10

R4Editor
12-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
LH's D is clicking. No way they score 21.

LH 51
Pleasanton 10 Pleasanton QB is a big bruising runner(6'4" 220 i think is what i heard) and just thinking he be able to get some scores, i will try to make this game as i havent seen LH played before.

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Pleasanton QB is a big bruising runner(6'4" 220 i think is what i heard) and just thinking he be able to get some scores, i will try to make this game as i havent seen LH played before. And Dexter Pratt, Navasota's running back, was the second coming of Jesus Christ and LH held him to only 46 yards on 13 carries

R4Editor
12-03-2007, 01:56 AM
And Dexter Pratt, Navasota's running back, was the second coming of Jesus Christ and LH held him to only 46 yards on 13 carries ---------- Comp Att-- Pct -Yds TD INT
Niko Salinas 127 219 57.99 1860 12 5
Has 1448 yards rushing and 20 tds on the ground. he gets shut down its a shutout.

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 01:58 AM
he gets shut down its a shutout. Poor pleasanton then ;)

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 02:00 AM

Doug Allman (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=64278&sport=1) A California move in :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
A California move in :thinking:
Yep. And?

rundoe
12-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The alamodome sucks

I agree

rundoe
12-03-2007, 07:23 AM

Wow - that would be sooo super wonderful......... I know the boys are motivated - we'll just have to see how it plays out - we gotta big game this week with the Sharks (heck, all of them are HUGE at this level) I am just happy at what the boys have accomplished so far - considering some in town had all but written the Gobblers off...... Way to go boys, no matter how it ends up, we're proud of you :)

Anybody that ever writes off the Gobblers doesn't know that team, those fans,and thier coaches. LH has the utmost respect for them.

firstcat
12-03-2007, 09:44 AM

The only similarity is that they are both the slot-t...not even close as far as execution!

jason
12-03-2007, 09:53 AM
LH 73
Pleasanton 5

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
The only similarity is that they are both the slot-t...not even close as far as execution!

Exactly. Caldwell was very good at running this offense, but especially because of Xavier Canto. Liberty Hill runs this offense unlike anything you have ever seen. They execute perfectly and get to where they need to be in about a millisecond.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
That is the truth the whole truth and nothin but the truth. This is one of those games they really don't need to play. But they will just so I can say told ya so. Gilmer will be a good match. Athletes vs the system. If it gets to that point I am coming to that game.

is billyfred agreeing with me? :rolleyes: :cool:

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Pleasanton QB is a big bruising runner(6'4" 220 i think is what i heard) and just thinking he be able to get some scores, i will try to make this game as i havent seen LH played before.

We talked all week about how Dexter would be able to run through them and outrun them but the Liberty Hill defense is excellent. Your QB will not be a factor at all in the game, unless he acts as a decoy on one or two plays. That is how we scored our first touchdown. It was a fake toss to Pratt and all of the Liberty Hill defense was there too fast for their own good and our FB had open field in front of him. But to the point, your QB will have little or no success.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Exactly. Caldwell was very good at running this offense, but especially because of Xavier Canto. Liberty Hill runs this offense unlike anything you have ever seen. They execute perfectly and get to where they need to be in about a millisecond.

why thank you rattlerdude :D

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Time to make my pick. I think 49-7 Liberty Hill.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
ill had one touchdown for us to that one rattlerdude :clap:

55-7 ( i think we miss an extra point ) because of the wind ;)

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
so now that you have jumped on the bandwagon rattlerdude, wheres your buddies?? :p :)

and it was nice to meet you at halftime, hope you can make the next two games man

The Alamodome is super far but I will try to be there.

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Navasota was not a pretty good team. From what I saw they were just average. Caldwell's offense is a watered down LH offense. LH is the real deal and from the 979 location I can see where you would get that from. LH is the real deal and should be a great matchup with gilmer in the title game.

We are a very good team. LH just made us look otherwise. Were you at any of our other games?

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:13 AM

I'm glad it isn't like that this year. Why would we want the showdown between LH and Gilmer to be in the semifinals, then have a weak state championship when LH blows out the other team?

Ranger Mom
12-03-2007, 10:24 AM

Who???

Oh...yeah....Snyder!!:p :D :doh:

the best 11-2 team in the state!!:p

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:28 AM
I am not trying to go against LH here, but Pleasanton WATCH OUT for #27 DUSTIN GONZALEZ. He was hardly talked about last week before we played. Now that I think about it, he was NEVER mentioned by anyone. Ya'll will hear about Cody Lattimore and their defensive end #4, and even their fullback, but ya'll might not hear very much about #27. He was under OTHER PLAYERS TO WATCH: on the scouting report but so was there whole starting lineup.
Gonzalez killed us. He was running up and down the field and all I could say was "WHO THE HELL IS THAT?" Watch out for this guy, he is pretty good.

edited for content ~ p4s

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Continuing from my previous post, the KEY PLAYERS: didn't do anywhere as much damage as #27.

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who???

the best 11-2 team in the state!!:p :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Who???

the best 11-2 team in the state!!:p
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: That's not exactly what I was thinking. :hairpunk: ;)

Ranger Mom
12-03-2007, 10:48 AM
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: That's not exactly what I was thinking. :hairpunk: ;)

LOL!!

I posted that JUST for you!!!:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Is LH's basketball team any good? It would be great to play them in the b-ball playoffs.
They've had mostly 4A teams, and I think one 5A team, on the schedule so far. I would expect by the time District rolls around, they will be runnin' with all cylinders firing again. We've made the Regional tourney the last two years. Boren and company will have them ready for another run, I'm certain.

clemsmarina
12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I am not trying to go against LH here, but Pleasanton WATCH OUT for #27 DUSTIN GONZALEZ. He was hardly talked about last week before we played. Now that I think about it, he was NEVER mentioned by anyone. Ya'll will hear about Cody Lattimore and their defensive end #4, and even their fullback, but ya'll might not hear very much about #27. He was under OTHER PLAYERS TO WATCH: on the scouting report but so was there whole starting lineup.
Gonzalez killed us. He was running up and down the field and all I could say was "WHO THE HELL IS THAT?" Watch out for this guy, he is pretty good.

edited for content ~ p4s

RattlerDude,

LH thanks you for all the kind words. Last weeks thread was fun, and it's good to see you back this week.

The one thing about the Liberty Hill offense is that all of the rb's should be on the "Players to Watch List" because if one gets keyed on, the other two take it from there. That's why they all have as many yards as they do....the game plan/play calling can change on a moments notice.

In the game against Navasota there was one play in particular that #22 made a tackle in the middle and he didn't even realzie it. He threw #45 Gavin off of him and to the ground because he thought he was blocking, but he actually had the ball. 22 was looking for 27.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Continuing from my previous post, the KEY PLAYERS: didn't do anywhere as much damage as #27.
Sorry that we didn't mention him. :evillol: :evillol: You didn't think we'd give up ALL our secrets, did you? ;)

elgatonegro67
12-03-2007, 10:53 AM
well i am originally from rio hondo tx but i have been living in pleasanton now for 2 years last year they went into the 3rd round and lost a close game to ingleside this year they met gonzales in the 3rd round and won in ot 16-13 the qb you are talking abouts name is niko salinas he is known for his running ability but this past game against gonzales had to show his arm (according to his uncle) from what i hear their offensive lineman are pretty huge

elgatonegro67
12-03-2007, 10:57 AM
i have only seen them play once but i read up on them all the time in the paper...the paper comes out this wednesday so i can let you know a lil more as far as names and what not...cuz i know they have a descent wr but cant remember his name...the rb has good speed if i recall

elgatonegro67
12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
niko went ll-17 for 95 yds threw the air and ran it 38 times for 173 yds against gonzales

his overall stats

Rushing
att yds td
281 1448 20

Passing
comp att yds td int
127 219 1860 12 5

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by elgatonegro67
niko went ll-17 for 95 yds threw the air and ran it 38 times for 173 yds against gonzales

his overall stats

Rushing
att yds td
281 1448 20

Passing
comp att yds td int
127 219 1860 12 5
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for the info! It'll be fun to watch him, I'm sure. He sounds like a heck of a player.

Are you going to make the game?

Runnin Panther
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM

edited for content ~ p4s

Thanks for the praise RattlerDude. It was really nice meeting you, hope you can make another game… or two:D

Good luck to Navasota in b-ball.

All three running backs are really good. If one gets keyed then the other two have the potential of a break out game. But your right Dustin had a great game, even though he was fighting the flu. He has really found another gear since the play-offs have started.

GreenMachine
12-03-2007, 12:48 PM

I guess it would work like the NCAA basketball tournament. I am not sure what he is envisioning. Why would you want teams seeded, ya'll proved last year ya'll could lose to a "patsie" in the first round :D

catdaddy
12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Why would we want the showdown between LH and Gilmer to be in the semifinals, then have a weak state championship when LH blows out the other team?

'Cause catdaddy is a lot more pleasant during the game!!!!:D

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Yep. And? very intresting to see why would someone move from california to liberty hill :thinking:

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 02:43 PM
very intresting to see why would someone move from california to liberty hill :thinking: :twitch: :smoker: :helpme:

Don't you have finals to study for?? :tongue:

eagles_victory
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:twitch: :smoker: :helpme:

Don't you have finals to study for?? :tongue: no this is dead week finals are next week

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
no this is dead week finals are next week you need to get a head start....

clemsmarina
12-03-2007, 03:03 PM
very intresting to see why would someone move from california to liberty hill :thinking:

Rumor has it that we get so much attention from the Austin press, that it is a no-miss situation to get noticed at little ol' Liberty Hill......:p

Maroon87
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The alamodome sucks

Chase Daniel doesn't like it either...;)

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Rumor has it that we get so much attention from the Austin press, that it is a no-miss situation to get noticed at little ol' Liberty Hill......:p
Yeah, that's the ticket.... :doh: :doh: :doh:

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
The Alamodome is super far but I will try to be there.

I don't think I will be able to make it to the Alamodome but I will definitely be there for the State Championship. I will try to be there on Saturday though.

Super_R
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't think I will be able to make it to the Alamodome but I will definitely be there for the State Championship. I will try to be there on Saturday though.

Let me paint a mental picture for you. It will look a lot like it did Friday. However, they will be in Green and White instead of Blue and White...and they are the Eagles instead of the Rattlers.

If we can neutalize their qb like we did Pratt it could be worse.

Panther One
12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Let me paint a mental picture for you. It will look a lot like it did Friday. However, they will be in Green and White instead of Blue and White...and they are the Eagles instead of the Rattlers.

Navasota had better athletes. If we continue to play like we have been, it should be total domination again.

LH 63-7

big daddy russ
12-03-2007, 05:29 PM

Liberty Hill will lose. Badly.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2007, 05:30 PM

Neutalize??:thinking: :thinking:

Is that kinda like neutering?? :confused:

Old Tiger
12-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Neutalize??:thinking: :thinking:

Is that kinda like neutering?? :confused: Well they did bring Dexter Pratt's head out of the clouds. :p

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM

Nice mental picture:rolleyes:

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Is anyone from Pleasanton on 3adownlow? Dude my team isn't even in the playoffs anymore (hurts me to write that) and I am posting more threads than them.

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 06:12 PM

Yeah, but then the Region III champ beat the Region IV champ. They beat them when it mattered the most.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
:helpme: :helpme: :speech:

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
LOL

that's silly

since the two divisions:

Regardless of what it used to be like, that won't happen this year and Region IV is probably the weakest region in the state this year.

44INAROW
12-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Regardless of what it used to be like, that won't happen this year and Region IV is probably the weakest region in the state this year.

I wish we could of have Navasota......:eek:

you missed my point totally - but that's ok - I understand you're still in shock over losing to LH - it'll get better.........

Rattlesnake_08
12-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't say I'm on the bandwagon, but I am certainly pulling for Liberty Hill to win state. Of course, I never want my team to lose, but if not us, then I rather see Liberty Hill win it all. It was definitely true what D 11 was saying last week, LH's offense is something you have to see to believe, the wat the line seals their blocks is amazing. However, their defense is what I was most impressed with, those guys did what they had to. Overall, if there was ever a "perfect" team LH would certainly be close (get rid of the fumbles, and then they're there). I think LH is so good purely because those kids look like they work HARD! It doesn't matter if they're not fast or big, they make-up for it in hard work. As far as the game last week, I really thought the game was going to be closer, but it went down how it went down. Plus, either way I was glad we played all in the playoffs. As far as this week I think LH will take it easily as long as they keep up the hard work and stay focused.

LH: 56
P-Ton: 7

Rattlesnake_08
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM

It's going to be tough to make the game this week (although we should certainly try), but we will definitely make state (despite what a certain someone thinks).:rolleyes:

Super_R
12-03-2007, 07:18 PM

They already lost badly. They lost every coin toss Saturday except one. And that is why we are wearing Purple.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
i have to admit that i enjoy the quitness on the board, all the bickering back in forth was too much for me, im too laid back.
but i know it is late and off topic, but i think i said it before..GOOD SEASON Navasota! atleast you lost to the best :D

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
I wish we could of have Navasota......:eek:

you missed my point totally - but that's ok - I understand you're still in shock over losing to LH - it'll get better.........

Dude, I really am in shock over losing to LH. I am mostly in shock for losing so badly though. I thought that we were about to get in there and do something. I know that they were the best team in the state, but we all seemed so confident because we have seen that offense, because of our comeback against Jasper, and just because we felt really good. I was so sure that we were going to win. Turns out I was really wrong about seeing that offense because you have never seen the LH offense until you have really seen it.

Well anyways, I have been down since then, and I'll probably be down for awhile longer.

I still can't believe we lost.

RattlerDude
12-03-2007, 08:29 PM
i have to admit that i enjoy the quitness on the board, all the bickering back in forth was too much for me, im too laid back.
but i know it is late and off topic, but i think i said it before..GOOD SEASON Navasota! atleast you lost to the best :D

Thanks man. At least that.

SintonFan
12-03-2007, 09:33 PM

Funny stuff. :thumbsup: :p
to beat a dead horse...:D

buff4ever
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Pleasanton? really? does anyone think this could even be close?:) :) :)

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Pleasanton? really? does anyone think this could even be close?:) :) :) nope

pirate4state
12-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Pleasanton? really? does anyone think this could even be close?:) :) :) sure the folks from pleasanton that have never seen LH play

Rattlesnake_08
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM

There certainly must be someone who believes in their town (Pleasanton)...Hopefully, this won't be a reflection of their fans in the Alamodome. Where is the fun in that?

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
There certainly must be someone who believes in their town (Pleasanton)...Hopefully, this won't be a reflection of their fans in the Alamodome. Where is the fun in that?
Until elgatonegro67 said that he has lived there the last two years, I didn't realize we had anyone from the entire district.

big daddy russ
12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Pleasanton will win. Big.

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Pleasanton will win. Big. I thought you gave up drinking? :D

buff4ever
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM

uh okay, right, and yeah ;)

Panther One
12-03-2007, 10:12 PM
I want what this guy's drinking.

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I thought you gave up drinking? :D
He's moved on to other vices. ;)

IHStangFan
12-03-2007, 10:22 PM
He's moved on to other vices. ;) obviously, LOL. I'd like to see Pleasanton do well..but I'm 95% sure their season ends this week. My take on them from what I saw is that they are very one dimensional and pretty much a one man show. That QB is a bruiser and runs hard, but I don't think he can do it by himself against LH's D. I also don't see the Pleasanton D slowing LH's O down much.

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:23 PM
So who is in Pleasantons district? and whats their record?
i can honestly say i have never heard a single thing about them in my life, i have just hunted near there once a long time ago :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2007, 10:28 PM
i can honestly say i have never heard a single thing about them in my life, i have just hunted near there once a long time ago :thinking:
District 27 info (http://www.3adownlow.com/27-3A.php)

R4Editor
12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
i can honestly say i have never heard a single thing about them in my life, i have just hunted near there once a long time ago :thinking: They have been 4a, last year was their first year in 3a. In 4a they usually would get knocked out in the first round. Here is the link to the DISTRICT 29 PAGE (http://www.3adownlow.com/27-3A.php)

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
durrrr, silly me :blush:

rundoe
12-03-2007, 11:16 PM
ill had one touchdown for us to that one rattlerdude :clap:

55-7 ( i think we miss an extra point ) because of the wind ;)
LOL, I guess its windy in the Alomodome, lol

Buckeye80
12-03-2007, 11:21 PM
LH by 40

rundoe
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
I wouldn't say I'm on the bandwagon, but I am certainly pulling for Liberty Hill to win state. Of course, I never want my team to lose, but if not us, then I rather see Liberty Hill win it all. It was definitely true what D 11 was saying last week, LH's offense is something you have to see to believe, the wat the line seals their blocks is amazing. However, their defense is what I was most impressed with, those guys did what they had to. Overall, if there was ever a "perfect" team LH would certainly be close (get rid of the fumbles, and then they're there). I think LH is so good purely because those kids look like they work HARD! It doesn't matter if they're not fast or big, they make-up for it in hard work. As far as the game last week, I really thought the game was going to be closer, but it went down how it went down. Plus, either way I was glad we played all in the playoffs. As far as this week I think LH will take it easily as long as they keep up the hard work and stay focused.

LH: 56
P-Ton: 7
Thanks, You have no idea how hard they work to get where they are. They NEVER stop working, Drive by our High School, anytime any day. The kids are there working on thier own time. They take it seriously. Dedication , like none i have ever seen.

rundoe
12-03-2007, 11:24 PM

I'll take that bet.

rundoe
12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
I thought you gave up drinking? :D
LOL:clap: :clap: :clap:

Runnin Panther
12-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
Thanks, You have no idea how hard they work to get where they are. They NEVER stop working, Drive by our High School, anytime any day. The kids are there working on thier own time. They take it seriously. Dedication , like none i have ever seen.

Your right rundoe. It just proves what hard work and dedication can do. I don’t think there is a school out there that works harder than the kids of Liberty Hill. We may not have the super stars that a team like Gilmer has but our kids will hold the rope for each other until the last second ticks.

Runnin Panther
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Where are all the Pleasanton posters?

Panther One
12-04-2007, 11:56 AM
There's a few on sasports.com, but they're pretty picky about what you can talk about on their boards. They have a pretty strict definition of smack. Or maybe they just don't want you saying anything bad about one of their teams...I don't know. But the Pleasanton fans think they have a chance to win because of their 6'0 195 QB that runs a 4.9 40. Supposedly, if he gets 30 carries, they have a chance to beat us. They should call up Dexter Pratt and get his opinion on that.

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
There's a few on sasports.com, but they're pretty picky about what you can talk about on their boards. They have a pretty strict definition of smack. Or maybe they just don't want you saying anything bad about one of their teams...I don't know. But the Pleasanton fans think they have a chance to win because of their 6'0 195 QB that runs a 4.9 40. Supposedly, if he gets 30 carries, they have a chance to beat us. They should call up Dexter Pratt and get his opinion on that.

:eek: :eek: You aren't kidding! My post was deleted!! :eek: LMAO! :evillol:

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 12:03 PM
The back of his jersey sure is going to look fast for a 4.9.

Pleasanton 42
Liberty Hill 21

Panther One
12-04-2007, 12:11 PM

Pleasanton 42
Liberty Hill 21
I'm still trying to figure out if you actually believe what you are typing or are just trying to flame. Scout.com lists him at a 4.85, and recruiting sites typically have a faster 40 time than what they actually run, assuming it wasn't timed at a camp. And watching his highlights, he just doesn't look very fast.

Tx Challenge
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM

Pleasanton 42
Liberty Hill 21

Keep stirring the pot Russ

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if you actually believe what you are typing or are just trying to flame. Scout.com lists him at a 4.85, and recruiting sites typically have a faster 40 time than what they actually run, assuming it wasn't timed at a camp. And watching his highlights, he just doesn't look very fast.
I don't know what flame means, but if he's listed on a recruiting service, you know he's good. Liberty Hill hasn't seen anything like Salinas this year. You can't bring him down and your DB's are gonna have to step up.

Pleasanton by 20+.

Panther One
12-04-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't know what flame means, but if he's listed on a recruiting service, you know he's good. Liberty Hill hasn't seen anything like Salinas this year. You can't bring him down and your DB's are gonna have to step up.

Pleasanton by 20+.
Actually, after seeing him, I was surprised to see him on there. I was just googling for his stats and came across it. He is not very impressive to me...not compared to some of the other players we have faced. If we can bring down Dexter Pratt, we can bring down Niko Salinas.

catdaddy
12-04-2007, 12:24 PM

Pleasanton by 20+.

Hey I know, let's play 'em with 11 guys using both arms....:clap:

Panther One
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
And Russ, do you recall what Robinson did to your Ingleside boys last year? Well that's about to happen to Pleasanton this year.

LH 63-7

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
All I'm saying is that I'm gonna laugh when you lose.

Butkus
12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
All I'm saying is that I'm gonna laugh when you lose. U tellem big daddy. Go pleasanton...... whuts r mascot big daddy.:confused:

We catch lightnin inna bottle we aint scared.:D

Panther One
12-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Well you won't be laughing this week.

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Well you won't be laughing this week.
Well I can't laugh next week 'cause you won't be playing.

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
U tellem big daddy. Go pleasanton...... whuts r mascot big daddy.:confused:

We catch lightnin inna bottle we aint scared.:D
Pleasanton's the Eagles, but I'm a Mustang. An impartial spectator in all of this.

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Well I can't laugh next week 'cause you won't be playing. LMAO! :D

catdaddy
12-04-2007, 12:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbMg1dLYqg8&feature=related
I thought I might give you this since we won't be able to help you out with the laughter:D

sinton66
12-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Pleasanton's the Eagles, but I'm a Mustang. An impartial spectator in all of this.

I peronally think you've been overcome by some sort of noxious fumes.:D

Panther One
12-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Ha ha. You're making me laugh right now.

Do you care to elaborate on just how Pleasanton will hold us to fewer points than any team we've faced all year and how they'll score more than any team we've faced all year? I'm interested to know what their secret is.

Butkus
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Pleasanton's the Eagles, but I'm a Mustang. An impartial spectator in all of this. Well cool big daddy imma Mustang fan muh self. Im jus on ur side and tha eagles since they got no fans.:D

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
I am glad to see that someone is actually saying something now. Try to keep it going.

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey Panther One or anyone from Liberty Hill,
does anyone know how many tackles Cody Lattimore had?

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Ha ha. You're making me laugh right now.

Do you care to elaborate on just how Pleasanton will hold us to fewer points than any team we've faced all year and how they'll score more than any team we've faced all year? I'm interested to know what their secret is.
They'll keep your offense off the field. Elaborate enough?

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey Panther One or anyone from Liberty Hill,
does anyone know how many tackles Cody Lattimore had?
Unfortunately I don't, and the site I normally get D stats hasn't been updated since the Robinson game. :(

LH_Tuff
12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
As many as he needed. Including one very good one on the qb. Wow. No, seriously I don't know how many he had. But it ws a bunch.

Panther One
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
They'll keep your offense off the field. Elaborate enough?
Figure out a way to keep our defense off the field, too, and you've got something.

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Figure out a way to keep our defense off the field, too, and you've got something.
Nah, your defense can hang out with Niko all day long.

RattlerDude
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
As many as he needed. Including one very good one on the qb. Wow. No, seriously I don't know how many he had. But it ws a bunch.

I really don't think it was a bunch though. He was hardly in on the play from what I remember. I am not saying I am right either.

LH_Tuff
12-04-2007, 01:05 PM

Will that be after he crys uncle and joins the LH huddle?

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Will that be after he crys uncle and joins the LH huddle?
There's no reason to bring his abusive uncle into all of this.

And why would he join the huddle? Is Liberty Hill recruiting him?

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
:hand: :hand: Don't be hatin' just because we knocked out "your" team & hosed your brackets. :devil: :devil:

Panther One
12-04-2007, 02:31 PM
I feel sorry for Niko. No person should be subjected to that kind of abuse.

clemsmarina
12-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Has anyone seen Pleasanton's offensive stats anywhere?
Someone posted the QB's stats, but I sure would like to see the whole team stats.
This would at least give us something else to talk about...:rolleyes:

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I feel sorry for Niko. No person should be subjected to that kind of abuse.
He's used to it. Remember the uncle?

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 02:49 PM
:eek: :eek: You aren't kidding! My post was deleted!! :eek: LMAO! :evillol:

I can't believe my post was deleted. Let me just tell all of you that like to complain about US,,,,just be thankful!!!

catdaddy
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Remember the uncle?

I thought it was "Remember the Alamo":confused:

Panther One
12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Someone posted the QB's stats, but I sure would like to see the whole team stats.

Pleasanton
Games:14 Pass:2837 Rush:1822 Total:4659 Avg: 332.8

Niko Salinas
Pass: 127-220-5-1861 12 tds
Rush: 281-1448 20 tds

clemsmarina
12-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Pleasanton

Niko Salinas

Thanks!!!
I wonder if anyone has access to the stats from the 2 games they lost.

I bet Salinas was held in-check in those....I'm also willing to bet that the 332 avg will be cut in half this week!!!

Runnin Panther
12-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Pleasanton

Niko Salinas

So Niko accounts for 3309 total yards while the rest of Ptown accounts for 1350 total yards. And we thought Friz was a one man show!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Team Stats
Total yards First downs Rushing yards Yds/Att Passing yards Yds/Catch
4659 222 2837 5.77 1822 14.46

Player Stats
Passing
Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT
Niko Salinas 127 220 57.73 1861 12 5
Cory Keeler 0 1 0 0 0 0
Josh Fox 0 3 0 0 0 0

Rushing
Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Niko Salinas 281 1448 5.15 0 20
Phillip Pawelek 150 1030 6.87 0 8
Josh Fox 24 163 6.79 0 1
Marty Chapa 14 117 8.36 0 2
Isaac Sanchez 9 50 5.56 0 0
Martin Hernandez 5 42 8.4 0 0
Robert Benavides 1 23 23 0 0
James Hughes 1 10 10 0 0
Josh Childs 2 4 2 0 0
Fabian Gonzales 2 (-1) (-0.5) 0 0
TEAM 2 (-4) (-2) 0 0
Ray Baca 1 (-8) (-8) 0 0

Receiving
Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Robert Benavides 54 797 15 0 4
Phillip Pawelek 21 312 15 0 0
Ray Baca 14 264 19 0 1
Martin Hernandez 11 135 12 0 2
Garrett Poth 9 100 11 0 0
Benavides 6 85 14 0 0
Marty Chapa 4 67 17 0 1
James Hughes 2 64 32 0 0
Jon Eric Pacheco 3 29 10 0 0
Brandon Villarreal 2 19 10 0 0
Hernandez 1 18 18 0 0
Lopez 2 9 5 0 0
James Hughes 2 4 2 0 0
Victor Lopez 1 2 2 0 0

SA Express (http://www.sagametime.com/web/SchoolDetails.html?site=default&tpl=Team&TeamID=1259&SearchType=Teams)

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks!!!
I wonder if anyone has access to the stats from the 2 games they lost.

I bet Salinas was held in-check in those....I'm also willing to bet that the 332 avg will be cut in half this week!!!
vs Brackenridge (L 26-24)

Boxscore
Friday September 7, 2007 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Brackenridge 12 0 7 7 26
Pleasanton 3 7 0 14 24

Scoring summary
First quarter
BRACK -- 95 interception from David Quiroga (kick failed) , 9:58
PLE -- Josh Manley 27 FG , 6:06
BRACK -- Renaldo Taylor 39 pass from Warren Boston (pass failed) , 2:27
Second quarter
PLE -- Phillip Pawelek 5 run (Josh Manley kick) , 10:42
Third quarter
BRACK -- Darnell Smith 80 pass from Warren Boston (Daniel Zuniga kick) , 1:48
Fourth quarter
PLE -- Niko Salinas 1 run (Josh Manley kick) , 10:38
BRACK -- Warren Boston 2 run (Daniel Zuniga kick) , 4:14
PLE -- Ray Baca 22 pass from Niko Salinas (Josh Manley kick) , 0:33

Team Stats
Brackenridge Pleasanton
Total yards 244 370
First downs 10 19
Rushes/Yds 25/74 38/212
Average rush 2.96 5.58
Comp/Atts/Int 6/15/3 13/33/1
Pass yards 170 158
Comp pct 40 39.39
Punts 1 0
Punting Yards 33 0
Punting Average 33 0
Fumbles/Lost 5/1 3/1
Penalties/Yards 4/35 6/65

Brackenridge
Passing
Warren Boston 6 15 40 170 2 3
Rushing
Warren Boston 9 17 1.89 0 1
Willie Culpepper 8 44 5.5 0 0
Cleavers 3 11 3.67 0 0
Chris Garcia 4 10 2.5 0 0
Vaquea 1 (-8) (-8) 0 0
Receiving
Darnell Smith 2 105 52.5 0 1
Renaldo Taylor 3 58 19.33 0 1
Sam Lozano 1 7 7 0 0

Pleasanton
Passing
Niko Salinas 13 31 41.94 198 1 1
Rushing
Niko Salinas 23 173 7.52 0 1
Phillip Pawelek 13 29 2.23 0 1
Josh Fox 2 10 5 0 0
Receiving
Phillip Pawelek 2 59 29.5 0 0
Robert Benavides 5 42 8.4 0 0
Ray Baca 2 27 13.5 0 0
Hernandez 1 18 18 0 0
Lopez 2 9 4.5 0 0
James Hughes 1 3 3 0 0

box score (http://www.sagametime.com/web/district.html?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&ID=139)

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
vs Floresville (L 25-20)

Floresville 25, Pleasanton 20 - Final

Floresville Overall: 9-2 District: 4-1
Pleasanton Overall: 11-2 District: 4-0
Boxscore
Friday September 28, 2007 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Floresville 0 6 0 19 25
Pleasanton 0 6 0 14 20

Scoring summary
Second quarter
FLO -- Chaz Pavliska 15 run (kick failed) , 9:44
PLE -- Robert Benavides 12 pass from Niko Salinas (kick failed) , 1:10
Fourth quarter
FLO -- Daniel Rendon 7 run (kick failed) , 11:35
PLE -- Niko Salinas 32 run (Josh Manley kick) , 10:24
FLO -- Chaz Pavliska 10 run (pass failed) , 8:24
FLO -- Chaz Pavliska 1 run (Chris Lapasnick kick) , 3:19
PLE -- Robert Benavides 39 pass from Niko Salinas (Josh Manley kick) , 0:42

Team Stats
Floresville Pleasanton
Total yards 407 373
First downs 20 17
Rushes/Yds 45/316 31/193
Average rush 7.02 6.23
Comp/Atts/Int 8/15/0 11/20/1
Pass yards 91 180
Comp pct 53.33 55
Punts 3 5
Punting Yards 93 145
Punting Average 31 29
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 2/2
Penalties/Yards 11/87 6/50

Floresville
Passing
Chaz Pavliska 8 15 53.33 91 0 0
Rushing
Chaz Pavliska 27 223 8.26 0 3
Daniel Rendon 15 83 5.53 0 1
Robert Williams 3 10 3.33 0 0
Receiving
Daniel Rendon 3 26 8.67 0 0
Robert Williams 5 65 13 0 0

Pleasanton
Passing
Niko Salinas 11 20 55 180 2 1
Rushing
Niko Salinas 26 172 6.62 0 1
Martin Hernandez 1 15 15 0 0
Phillip Pawelek 4 6 1.5 0 0
Receiving
Martin Hernandez 3 49 16.33 0 0
Robert Benavides 4 88 22 0 2
Garrett Poth 2 39 19.5 0 0
Ray Baca 1 4 4 0 0

box score (http://www.sagametime.com/web/district.html?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&ID=262)

Runnin Panther
12-04-2007, 03:26 PM
So here are the games scheduled in the Alamodome Saturday. Does anyone know how the overlap is going to work? LH likes to get on the field about 2 hours before the game starts.

Do they clear the stadium after each game or can you buy one ticket and watch all 3 games?

Anybody have any info?

Game 1: 12:00 pm Madison (H) vs. Smithson Valley (V) - 5A, Division II
Game 2: 4:00 pm Reagan (H) vs. Judson (V) - 5A, Division I
Game 3: 8:00 pm Liberty Hill (H) vs. Pleasanton (V) - 3A, Division I

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
So here are the games scheduled in the Alamodome Saturday. Does anyone know how the overlap is going to work? LH likes to get on the field about 2 hours before the game starts.

Do they clear the stadium after each game or can you buy one ticket and watch all 3 games?

Anybody have any info?

Game 1: 12:00 pm Madison (H) vs. Smithson Valley (V) - 5A, Division II
Game 2: 4:00 pm Reagan (H) vs. Judson (V) - 5A, Division I
Game 3: 8:00 pm Liberty Hill (H) vs. Pleasanton (V) - 3A, Division I

My experience at the Alamodome has been that you can pay ONE price and watch all 3 games. This means that you will have to wait to SEE if some of the fans clear out, (most of 'em do) but they do NOT empty out the stands before each new game begins.

Panther One
12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
http://libertyhill.schoolspan.com/NewsLetter/news_listHotnews.asp?newsid=111&newscatid=106

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 03:31 PM
From what I understand, the folks buying a ticket for the noon game can stay until the end. All four of the 5A teams are in the same district, so I can definitely see the nooners staying for the second game. Hopefully they won't want to be bothered with watching a 3A game. ;)

Parking is going to STINK! :foul: :foul:

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Parking is going to STINK! :foul: :foul:

Bet on it!!

DaHop72
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I can definitely see the nooners staying ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Panther One
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Where did russ go? Now we've got nothing...

R4Editor
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Where did russ go? Now we've got nothing... i'l take over :D

but Liberty Hill still wins but they will give u a better game than those patsie region 3 teams LH has faced ;)

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Where did russ go? Now we've got nothing...
Liberty Hill sucks like a remora.

R4Editor
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Has anybody seen Pleasanton play a game this year? on the radio feed they said Niko Salinas was 6'4" 200+ and their line has some good size, looks like they can play smashmouth football and apparently he can throw the ball also.

R4Editor
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
back to work, not able to stay longer and hear how LH will stop Pleasantons QB

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Has anybody seen Pleasanton play a game this year? on the radio feed they said Niko Salinas was 6'4" 200+ and their line has some good size, looks like they can play smashmouth football and apparently he can throw the ball also.
He was definitely taller than 6' last year. Was a bit taller than Ingleside's Josh Coffield, who's easily in the 5'10"-5'11" range.

Butkus
Go War Eagles. :D I mean go pleasanton eagles showem no body stops a one man show.:devil:

big daddy russ
back to work, not able to stay longer and hear how LH will stop Pleasantons QB
You're wasting your time waiting for answers. You know they won't stop him.

pirate4state
Has anybody seen Pleasanton play a game this year? on the radio feed they said Niko Salinas was 6'4" 200+ and their line has some good size, looks like they can play smashmouth football and apparently he can throw the ball also. Not this year, but I saw them last year against Ingleside and knew they'd be back here this year! He is a stud. All night long that's all we heard from the PA announcer "Niko Salinas on the carry". I don't remember him being that tall though...:thinking:

LH_Tuff
12-04-2007, 04:07 PM
He was definitely taller than 6' last year. Was a bit taller than Ingleside's Josh Coffield, who's easily in the 5'10"-5'11" range.

By the time we get to Friday he will be 7'5", 350 lbs. and run a 4.2 40. Sounds like a challenge. :)

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
By the time we get to Friday he will be 7'5", 350 lbs. and run a 4.2 40. Sounds like a challenge. :)
He's been taking human growth hormones. May be taller than that by Friday.

Panther One
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
For those that haven't seen Pleasanton and don't have connections to see any game film on them, this will give you an idea. The first are Floresville highlights, but you get an idea of what Pleasanton has. The next are Pleasanton highlights from the Hondo game. There are two versions...take your pick.

Pleasanton vs Floresville (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4a0wSFfHtw)

Pleasanton vs Hondo (http://www.youtube.com/user/THISISLIFEFILMS)

buff4life
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
after watching that film, i'm a firm believer of LH by 40

rundoe
12-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Your right rundoe. It just proves what hard work and dedication can do. I don’t think there is a school out there that works harder than the kids of Liberty Hill. We may not have the super stars that a team like Gilmer has but our kids will hold the rope for each other until the last second ticks.

BECAUSE THEY PLAY AS A TEAM!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
He's been taking human growth hormones. May be taller than that by Friday.
He will need them to get past our D. :devil:

clemsmarina
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
For those that haven't seen Pleasanton and don't have connections to see any game film on them, this will give you an idea. The first are Floresville highlights, but you get an idea of what Pleasanton has. The next are Pleasanton highlights from the Hondo game. There are two versions...take your pick.

Pleasanton vs Floresville (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4a0wSFfHtw)

Pleasanton vs Hondo (http://www.youtube.com/user/THISISLIFEFILMS)

Excuse me while I drool all over that defense Pleasanton plays!!!
I see Liberty Hill with at least 500 yards rushing on them...

Anyone know if they have any 2 way starters? I can invision #75 tapping on the top of his helmet asking for "HELP"!!!;)

rundoe
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM

How many times have we heard this this year?

buff4life
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
How many times have we heard how awesome LH is this year?

we get the picture...

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM

we get the picture...
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-017.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-017.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-017.gif

clemsmarina
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM

we get the picture...

Not as many times as we heard how good # 5 was suppose to be...:D

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM

we get the picture...

About as many times as we heard that Giddings was going to state and Sinton wasn't! LMAO!

buff4life
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
About as many times as we heard that Giddings was going to state and Sinton wasn't! LMAO!

ok now what i said has been said more than once LOL...

and #5 never got to prove it this year...

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM

Dude, whatever he played all but ONE game and I thought he wasn't the WHOLE team!! Which is it? You can't have it both ways!!

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Niko's gonna keep your boys off the field all night long.

Pleasanton 42
LH 21

LH Panther Mom
You can't have it both ways!!
You can't? :confused:

clemsmarina

We know, we heard it before.... there's just nothing else to talk about.:D

buff4life
12-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Dude, whatever he played all but ONE game and I thought he wasn't the WHOLE team!! Which is it? You can't have it both ways!!

nothing in my statement said he was the whole team...i said he proved how good he was in the regular season but didn't get the chane to lead his team to a state title...all is i said dudette

buff4life
12-04-2007, 05:13 PM
We know, we heard it before.... there's just nothing else to talk about.:D

i responded to two quotes in my statement, first sentece to ritas and second to yours...

clemsmarina
12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
i responded to two quotes in my statement, first sentece to ritas and second to yours...

yep, gotcha! I only responded to that one too.
Any Giddings folks heading to the Alamo Dome this weekend?

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 05:18 PM
nothing in my statement said he was the whole team...i said he proved how good he was in the regular season but didn't get the chane to lead his team to a state title...all is i said dudette whatever the buffs season is long over and sinton's never got started and pleasanton's is fixin to come to an abrupt halt!

GO PANTHERS!!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
nothing in my statement said he was the whole team...i said he proved how good he was in the regular season but didn't get the chane to lead his team to a state title...all is i said dudette
Are you absolutely positively certain that Giddings would have won state if he had not been injured? Because if you are certain, then I am led to believe that this one player had the ability to affect the outcome of FIVE games all by himself. :thinking:

buff4life
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Are you absolutely positively certain that Giddings would have won state if he had not been injured? Because if you are certain, then I am led to believe that this one player had the ability to affect the outcome of FIVE games all by himself. :thinking:

my bad i didn't put "attempt" i figured MOST people would assume i meant that but i guess not all intellectuals could see that...but i'm saying he never had a chance to TRY

buff4life
12-04-2007, 05:41 PM
yep, gotcha! I only responded to that one too.
Any Giddings folks heading to the Alamo Dome this weekend?

who knows...we would actually want to watch a game...not a total butchering...

clemsmarina
12-04-2007, 05:53 PM
who knows...we would actually want to watch a game...not a total butchering...
I hear ya!
There are a couple 5A games before ours. I think we're getting there early to see how they turn out.

Hupernikomen
12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: I can't believe I forgot about Marlowe.

Doesn't sound like he has been there very long..how many other Californias move in lately? :D

Panther One
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Doesn't sound like he has been there very long..how many other Californias move in lately? :D
I believed he lived in Texas before moving to Cali. I know he has family in the Austin area. This is his second year in Liberty Hill. I wouldn't mind a few more Cali move-ins if they're all like Marlowe.

firstcat
12-04-2007, 06:22 PM

would you like these words sauteed or fried?

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 06:25 PM
ya know what Russ...you've convinced me, you're usually right, and I'm not one to argue w/ BDR......Salinas and the Eagles are gonna soar this week. LH only THOUGHT they wrote the book on smashmouth football. Niko is gonna give em a crash course.

firstcat
12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
after watching that film, i'm a firm believer of LH by 40

at least!!!!!!
That film was not impressive at all...slow and lumbering...

LH: 63
Pleasanton 7

firstcat
12-04-2007, 06:29 PM

we get the picture...

How many times have we proven how awesome we are this year?

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 06:31 PM
How many times have we proven how awesome we are this year? WOW...and I harped on the Giddings posters...some of you guys are starting to let your head inflate to a size that's fixing to make going from room to room and outside a bit difficult.

Pleasanton by 20+

Super_R
12-04-2007, 06:33 PM

If you are waiting for that to happen you won't be laughing for a while. If you laughed at our last loss it has been about 15 months since you last laughed.

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
If you are waiting for that to happen you won't be laughing for a while. If you laughed at our last loss it has been about 15 months since you last laughed. so what you're saying is....you're due.

firstcat
12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IHStangFan
[B]WOW...and I harped on the Giddings posters...some of you guys are starting to let your head inflate to a size that's fixing to make going from room to room and outside a bit difficult.

boast–v.
1. to speak with exaggeration

ex•ag•ger•ate v. tr.
1. To represent as greater than is actually the case;

Stating the facts is not boasting, not exaggerating (just ask webster!)

We were proud when we started the season, no different now.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 06:37 PM
some of you guys are starting to let your head inflate to a size that's fixing to make going from room to room and outside a bit difficult.

Pleasanton by 20+
Oh, so you have seen a picture of her hair? Wait until it gets humid if you think it's big now. :eek: :eek: ;)

firstcat
12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh, so you have seen a picture of her hair? Wait until it gets humid if you think it's big now. :eek: :eek: ;)

EASY!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM
EASY!!!!!
:kiss: :kiss: Did you see MY hair after the game? At least yours didn't look like a rats' nest. :(

:thinking: Or maybe it was a rattlers' nest. :devil: :devil:

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh, so you have seen a picture of her hair? Wait until it gets humid if you think it's big now. :eek: :eek: ;) 1980s leopard skin spandex, 14 pounds of blue eye liner, Jersey girl, Aquanet kinda hair?

big daddy russ
12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
would you like these words sauteed or fried?
Butkus and IHStangFan are on board. You'll be right here with us next week, either rooting them or cussing them in the championship.

For a full scouting report, including everything you'll see this weekend, refer to the picture below.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rustysmith/Salinas2.jpg

Panther One
12-04-2007, 06:43 PM
at least!!!!!!
That film was not impressive at all...slow and lumbering...

LH: 63
Pleasanton 7

I like that score. :thumbsup:

Panther One
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Butkus and IHStangFan are on board. You'll be right here with us next week, either rooting them or cussing them in the championship.

For a full scouting report, including everything you'll see this weekend, refer to the picture below.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rustysmith/Salinas2.jpg
Exactly! This is kind of what he'll look like after we rip off his head and arms and take his legs out.

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Exactly! This is kind of what he'll look like after we rip off his head and arms and take his legs out.
Hahahahahaha! :clap: :clap: :D

IHStangFan
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Exactly! This is kind of what he'll look like after we rip off his head and arms and take his legs out. Niko is so good that he doesn't need appendages to move the ball on LH's D.....ever seen Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail? He's like THAT guy...

R4Editor
12-04-2007, 07:05 PM
:thinking: no Pleasanton posters, this thread has more posts than the game of the week threads

pirate4state
12-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Niko is so good that he doesn't need appendages to move the ball on LH's D.....ever seen Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail? He's like THAT guy... It's only a flesh wound! hahaha :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
:thinking: no Pleasanton posters, this thread has more posts than the game of the week threads
The editors knew that Liberty Hill will get blown out.

IHStangFan
It's only a flesh wound! hahaha :clap: :clap: YES...THAT guy :D

Panther One
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Is this the guy that's going to end our season? :thinking:

http://www.sasports.com/images/topstorypics/nikopleasanton.jpg

R4Editor
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Is this the guy that's going to end our season? :thinking:

http://www.sasports.com/images/topstorypics/nikopleasanton.jpg thats his pee wee football picture, look for his HS picture