PDA

View Full Version : 1A Munday vs. Roscoe

GreenMonster
12-01-2007, 11:23 PM
About 10 minutes to play. Moguls just punch one in to go up 34 - 27 with the XP still to come.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
About 10 minutes to play. Moguls just punch one in to go up 34 - 27 with the XP still to come.

Been curious about this one. Thanks for the update.

GreenMonster
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
About 10 minutes to play. Moguls just punch one in to go up 34 - 27 with the XP still to come. XP is good. Moguls 35, Plowboys 27, 9 minutes to go in the game. Munday has the wind in their favor.

wyliegrad04
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Plowboys had like 8 turnovers so far ... Down 35-27 with 7 left in 4th. Munday at Riscoe 42

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Roscoe's Jacob Villanueva returned an extra point attempt
107 yards for two points. Take that Cromartie(NFL).

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
c'mon keep em coming!!!

Phantom Stang
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
??

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Two minutes left Roscoe trails by 8. Roscoe has the ball 1 and 10.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Two minutes left Roscoe trails by 8. Roscoe has the ball 1 and 10.

at the ?? yrd line?

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
at the ?? yrd line?

Roscoe just threw an int with 40 seconds left. Munday
35 Roscoe 27.

Phantom Stang
12-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Roscoe just threw an int with 40 seconds left. Munday
35 Roscoe 27.
Dang!!:doh:

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Munday has the ball at Roscoe's eleven. It appears they are
going to try to score again.

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Munday has the ball at Roscoe's eleven. It appears they are
going to try to score again.

Ooops! Wrong thay are kneeling on it. It's over.

Phantom Stang
12-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks to all who provided updates!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanx for the updates. Sure was pulling for Roscoe.

WylieBulldog92
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Ha, Munday is a beast, so is their running back, I was pulling for them!

wyliegrad04
12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
gosh what a pretty ugly game by Roscoe ... I'm not sure how many turn overs, but it was a bunch ... their quarterback just seemed to chunk balls 30 yards and had picks all night ... wasn't pretty.

Munday's line was real good, real real good. I think that might have suprised Roscoe ... wasn't ready for that. QB was pressured on every single play, he was running backwards 15 yards every play.

Congrats to the Moguls ... great season Roscoe!

sweetwater07
12-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
gosh what a pretty ugly game by Roscoe ... I'm not sure how many turn overs, but it was a bunch ... their quarterback just seemed to chunk balls 30 yards and had picks all night ... wasn't pretty.

Munday's line was real good, real real good. I think that might have suprised Roscoe ... wasn't ready for that. QB was pressured on every single play, he was running backwards 15 yards every play.

Congrats to the Moguls ... great season Roscoe!

Roscoe has been overrated all season......so glad its obvious now....hahaha

Snyder_TigerFan
12-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

35-27 with 6-7 turnovers against Munday is not necessarily overrated in my book.

sweetwater07
12-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
35-27 with 6-7 turnovers against Munday is not necessarily overrated in my book.

6-7 turnovers....hmmm

:thinking: :thinking:

Phantom Stang
12-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Seeing that this game went down to the wire, saying that Roscoe was overrated is as big a dis on Munday as it is on the Plowboys.

sweetwater07
12-02-2007, 01:02 AM
ok ok ok, yall caught me.....i dislike Roscoe and i wanted them to lose.....shoot me..lol

:D :D

lakers
12-02-2007, 01:12 AM
I was at the game and the Munday defense was in the back field all night long. they embarrased the roscoe O line.

Hats off, it was a great game.

GreenMonster
12-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by lakers
I was at the game and the Munday defense was in the back field all night long. they embarrased the roscoe O line.

Hats off, it was a great game. I told everyone that #68 Hernandez was a beast at defensive tackle and his partner in crime on the opposite side of the line was #1 Anason Jones the beast tailback. Then ends were solid as well. The Mogul defense is very opportunistic and feast on turnovers. They have my pick to bring home a State Title.

bigron15
12-02-2007, 03:18 AM
all the roscoe QB (dont know how to spell his name but i know it) did all night is throw it up. he was HORRIBLE.

Starburst
12-02-2007, 03:27 AM
I graduated with Mundays BJ Dockins brother. That entire family is full of athletes.

Scholar
12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Aren't S'water and Roscoe in the same county?

cover32
12-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes, both are in Nolan County. I guess it's fair to say there has been a friendly competition for YEARS as to which school goes the deepest. Some throw in the success of the six-man school Highland and you get some very good football in Nolan County. I believe back in the 80's all three school were in their state finals in the same year.

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/63453/122/

Turnovers cost Plowboys in 35-27 playoff loss
Written by Jay Langley
In the days heading into Roscoe’s regional semifinal playoff game against Munday, Roscoe head coach Wes Williams kept saying that the team who won the turnover battle would come away with the victory.
Williams’ theory proved true as the Plowboys committed seven turnovers in a 35-27 loss Saturday night at Abilene’s Shotwell Stadium.
The turnover bug hit the Plowboys (12-1) early when following a touchdown on Munday’s opening possession the Plowboys could not recover an onside kick.
Munday used the momentum of the recovered kick to take a 13-0 lead just 1:26 into the game when quarterback Steven Urbanczyk ran for a 42-yard touchdown.
Then on Roscoe’s next possession a Jacob Villanueva fumble gave the ball right back to the Moguls.
Roscoe’s first score came with 5:21 to play in the first quarter when Villanueva found Gary Williams for a 6-yard touchdown pass to cut the Munday lead to 13-6.
Then with 5:33 to play in the first half Munday scored on a 8-yard run by B.J. Dockins to make the score 19-6.
Following the Dockins touchdown run the Plowboys blocked the extra point attempt and Jared Villanueva returned the ball 107 yards for two points for the Plowboys to make the score 19-8.
The Plowboys looked to use the momentum of the Jared Villanueva return but Jacob Villanueva was intercepted to give the ball back to the Moguls.
Roscoe got the ball back with just 1:30 to play in the first half and the team drove 80 yards and scored on a 1-yard pass from Jacob Villanueva to Thomas Castro as time ran out on the first half.
Trailing 19-14 heading into the second half the Plowboys turned the ball over once in the third quarter leading to a 7-yard pass from Munday’s Urbanczyk to Pete Stewart with 6:59 to play in the third quarter.
But less than a minute later Jacob Villanueva found brother Jared in the end zone from 15 yards out to cut the Munday lead to 28-21.
Jacob Villanueva finished with 336 passing yards on 27-of-51. But the junior quarterback was pressured by a strong Munday defense all night and ended the game with four interceptions.
With 3:17 left to play in the third quarter the Plowboys cut the Munday lead to 28-27 on a 8-yard touchdown run by Adam Munoz.
But as was the case all night long the Moguls responded to the Roscoe touchdown with one of their own when Dockins ran for a touchdown from seven yards out to give the Moguls a 35-27 lead with 9:08 to play in the game.
“Every time we got close they made a play,” Williams said. “But in the same way every time it looked like they might pull away we made a play and stayed in the game.”
The Munday rushing attack proved to be too much for Roscoe as Dockins finished with 138 yards on 16 carries and Urbanczyk carried the ball 28 times for 121 yards.
The teams traded punts in the fourth quarter until Roscoe got the ball inside their own 10-yard line with 1:30 to play and trailing 35-27.
On the first play of the drive Jacob Villanueva threw an incomplete pass but was knocked out of the game.
The Roscoe offense seemed a little confused with their leader on the side line as the team was called for a delay of game penalty.
On fourth down and 15 with under a minute to play Villanueva returned to the huddle but he threw his fourth interception of the game to give the ball back to Munday and allow the Moguls to run out the clock.
“Just the fact that we were still in this game despite turning the ball over seven times says a lot about our team,” Williams said. “We had some struggles taking care of the ball but we never gave up and we had a chance to win at the end.”
While turning the ball over seven times in not something a head coach ever wants to see, Williams said a lot of credit has to be given to the Munday defense.
“That’s the best defense we’ve seen all year,” he said. “They made the big plays when they had to.”
Williams said even though the team had dreams of a state championship this year, he would not change a thing about the effort his team showed in every game in 2007.
“It wouldn’t matter if we won the whole thing,” he said. “I wouldn’t be any prouder of this team if we were standing there holding the state championship trophy.”
Williams said he is extra proud of one particular group of players.
“Our seniors took it upon themselves to really have that good leadership role this year and they really did,” he said.
“Our senior leadership this year was amazing and something I will always remember about this team.”

Matthew328
12-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Just think how good Munday would be if they still had Keithy Flye at RB!!! But I guess he's doing ok at Abilene High..

Munday is solid but they'd get drilled by Alto

Stownhorse
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by cover32
Yes, both are in Nolan County. I guess it's fair to say there has been a friendly competition for YEARS as to which school goes the deepest. Some throw in the success of the six-man school Highland and you get some very good football in Nolan County. I believe back in the 80's all three school were in their state finals in the same year.

Hell only 10 miles apart at that!

sweetwater07
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Munday is solid but they'd get drilled by Alto

i wish Roscoe could have played Alto, they needed a reality check in that town.....i'm just happy Munday did it, too bad they didn't blow them out, would have made my week

Scholar
12-03-2007, 11:53 PM
What is it you don't like about Roscoe, 07?

Big Papa
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Scholar
What is it you don't like about Roscoe, 07?

hes just hatin on em...some of the roscoe kids that are playin are a bit cocky...i guess there alright...in track they kinda got on my nerves...but that was probly cuz we could never beat them when it counted:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Man forget Munday! lol

They will get stomped in the cotton field by Windthorst!!!!

bigron15
12-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Man forget Munday! lol

They will get stomped in the cotton field by Windthorst!!!!

yea right fool...munday will run it down their throat. nobody will stop them