PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Gilmer!

kaorder1999
12-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I was VERY impressed with the Gilmer Buckeyes tonight. Not only with the game that you won and the way that you played but impressed with the way you represented GIlmer at the conclusion of the game. As an employee of Dallas ISD I am truly sorry for the way it ended. I am seriously embarrased! I can promise you that Coach Daniels will do whatever he can to take care of what happened. I know he doesn't condone it at all. It is very obvious that Roosevelt had trouble handling the adversity placed in front of them and it would have been VERY easy for yall to fight back.

Congrats on the HUGE win and good luck against Abilene Wylie. Represent Region 1 well!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 10:55 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
12-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Congrats Gilmer!! Terry...you and Grant did an AWESOME job!!

When Kaorder was talking about the "incident" I had flashbacks to the Greenwood/Daingerfield game in 2002!!

Kudos to the Buckeyes for keeping their wits about them and walking away!!

WylieBulldog92
12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Congrats on the HUGE win and good luck against Abilene Wylie. Represent Region 1 well!!

Paradox much?

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Terry...you and Grant did an AWESOME job!!

Yeah, when they aren't using big words.:D

Buckeye1980
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Was not there , on the road for work, exactly what happened at end of game?

showtime91
12-02-2007, 12:01 AM
from what it sounds like...roosevelt got a little mad

rundoe
12-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by showtime91
from what it sounds like...roosevelt got a little mad

elaborate please

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 02:28 AM
I was VERY impressed with the Gilmer Buckeyes tonight. Not only with the game that you won and the way that you played but impressed with the way you represented GIlmer at the conclusion of the game. As an employee of Dallas ISD I am truly sorry for the way it ended. I am seriously embarrased! I can promise you that Coach Daniels will do whatever he can to take care of what happened. I know he doesn't condone it at all. It is very obvious that Roosevelt had trouble handling the adversity placed in front of them and it would have been VERY easy for yall to fight back.

Congrats on the HUGE win and good luck against Abilene Wylie. Represent Region 1 well!! very nice post KA. good to get to meet you tonight. great game, but officiating stunk it up for both sides. Ball took some crazy bounces tonight. I'm just glad we are moving on!!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 02:31 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post

TexanFan4Life
12-02-2007, 02:54 AM

Can you fill me in on what Roosevelt did that was so classless? I didn't go to the game.

bigron15
12-02-2007, 03:42 AM
from what i was told...after the game the velt players went over to the gilmer players and tried to fight them and the police had to step in.

sweetwater and wylie a couple of years back??

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
from what i was told...after the game the velt players went over to the gilmer players and tried to fight them and the police had to step in.

sweetwater and wylie a couple of years back??

Geez, theres just no sense in that!

bobcat1
12-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Congrats Gilmer! Go tear Wylie a new arse and represent your Region 2 Championship well! I listened to the game and got a good play by play. Thanks Grant and Terry! Terry must have been flying all over the announce booth. I bet his blood pressure was through the roof! :p

alaskacat
12-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Well I was there and saw what happened. After the last snap of the game one of the Gilmer players ran his mouth at the Roosevelt QB, with a little shove and all hell broke loose.

Up to that point it had been a slugfest beyond belief, one hell of a football game, everyone completely under control on their own, so don't just give Velt a bad rap, that door swings both ways.

It was hardly Velt just loosing it for no reason at all.

Allot of it had to do with the last 27 seconds, Gilmer only had 25 left on 4th down manufactured a penalty, clock starts game over.

had that not occured...Velt is gonna get one shot from the Gilmer 11.

That is what started it all.

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat

Allot of it had to do with the last 27 seconds, Gilmer only had 25 left on 4th down manufactured a penalty, clock starts game over.

had that not occured...Velt is gonna get one shot from the Gilmer 11.

That is what started it all. you are crazy. we ran the ball on 3rd down and stayed in bounds. when the ball was spotted there were 27 seconds left and we let the clock run out and took the 5 yard penalty. so with 2 seconds on the clock and 4th down we snapped the ball and ran the clock out. what was hard to understand about that and why should Velt have gotten the ball for one snap at the 11? at that point you can be your own judge if you like. all i know is we were trying to clear the field and they were not. we did have have at least one Cheerleader who was struck. those guys were swinging at players coaches and girls. some of them had absolutely lost their minds. it is a shame too, cause up until then it was a GREAT game.

tdsteele
12-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Aussie has it exactly correct. 27 seconds left on 3rd down. They took a delay penalty running it down to 2 and snapped the ball on 4th with the QB running back 5 or 10 yards before sliding. A Velt player went psycho through the Gilmer bench area. Also as as it was breaking up a Velt player clearly, in plain view of everyone took a Gilmer player down with a shot to the knees from behind as he was headed back to the Velt bench. One of the most disgusting things I have seen on a football field. The number and action are tight in the middle of the video. I appreciate the posts from the DISD officials. Hopefully you get to see the tape as well as the UIL. Would I want to punish the coach and the rest of the team? Certainly not. There were many that were doing the right thing. However, there are couple of players that should be arrested. It was good to hear the gilmer coach address his team and tell them that the Roosevelt actions were not the right way to get it done as athletes and men. It is a shame that this action will serve to confirm DISD's reputation.

alaskacat
12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
OK I'll concede that, but the fumble recovery that allowed Gilmer to have the ball was even BS.

I am making my comments from a non partisan perspective.

Note:

Miscues end Roosevelt's playoff run

11:54 PM CST on Saturday, December 1, 2007

By C. ANTHONY MOSSER / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

MESQUITE – Too many second-half penalties and a costly – if not debatable – fourth-quarter turnover proved to be Roosevelt's undoing in a 42-36 loss to Gilmer in the Class 3A Division I Region II final at Mesquite Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

Gilmer (13-0), ranked fourth in the state in Class 3A, advances to play Abilene Wylie in the Class 3A Division I semifinals.
High Schools

A 3-yard touchdown run by Gilmer's Justin Johnson with 3:16 remaining broke a 36-36 tie and proved to be the winner. Johnson finished with 222 yards on 22 carries as Roosevelt never could stop the charging Gilmer offense.

Roosevelt quarterback Vincent McNeil Jr. accounted for 408 yards of total offense (251 passing and 157 rushing) and marched Roosevelt to the Gilmer 31 when he connected with Markeith Gomillia on a 7-yard reception, but Gomillia fumbled on the play. He was in a battle for the loose ball with three Gilmer defenders. The officials ruled Gilmer recovered much to the dismay of Gomillia, who handed the ball to the officials after the pile was uncovered. Roosevelt never got the ball back.

McNeil threw for 179 of his 251 passing yards in the first half as Roosevelt scored 29 second-quarter points and took a 29-22 lead at halftime. He threw first-half touchdown passes to Quintell Solomon for 10 yards and Jarale Shaw for 6 yards and also ran for a 9-yard touchdown.

In the second half, Roosevelt's offense was backed up by penalties. Roosevelt was penalized 15 times for 109 yards in the game.

Meanwhile, Gilmer's offense, which hurt itself with fumbles in the first half, was in high gear in the second half behind the running of Johnson and passing of Darian Godfrey who completed 14 of 16 passes for 187 yards including 20-yard touchdown passes to Lamar Harris in the first quarter and Houston Tuminello in the the third.

Bold in its willingness to go for first down on fourth-down plays in its own territory, Godfrey completed a 5-yard pass to Hunter Harrison on a fourth-and-4 play from the Gilmer 31 with the score tied at 36. On the next play, Johnson ran for a 54-yard gain to set up his winning touchdown run.

Buckeye80
12-02-2007, 03:36 PM
AND THIS IS THE GAME I MISSED!! My luck never fails me.

DU_stud04
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
ill agree....i believe he was down before the ball popped out.

#73 killed dallas roosevelt....huge kid, but couldnt keep up with gilmers speed and lead him to have a few block in the back penalties. jeff traylor made a few too gutsy calls last night, those that make you either look like a genius if they work or an idiot just for trying them.

buckeye80..... you did miss an exciting game

lostaussie
12-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
OK I'll concede that, but the fumble recovery that allowed Gilmer to have the ball was even BS.

I am making my comments from a non partisan perspective.

Note:

Miscues end Roosevelt's playoff run

11:54 PM CST on Saturday, December 1, 2007

By C. ANTHONY MOSSER / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

he can write whatever he wants. he's from Dallas. i always try to look at things from both sides. most people on here will tell you that. the fumble call was at most questionable, but the refs were in the pile, not me and you or nobody else. evidently they saw something that made them give the ball to Gilmer. just because the kid from Velt stood up with it after the whistle was blown and the refs had made the call means nothing. the refereeing sucked.........for both sides!!!!! bottom line is, our coaches made some ??? calls that worked out. we came to win and that is what we accomplished.game over!!!!!

slingshot
12-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Just got home from Dallas (from my son's soccer tournament). Drove over to Mesquite with several other Dads and took in the game last night. These are my unbiased impressions...

Gilmer was the more talented team--top to bottom.
Rossevelt's QB was incredible
Gilmer's Coach has huge nuggets or is an arrogant fool
The refs absolutely stole this game from Roosevelt--disgusting
Roosevelt was talented but undisciplined--Gilmer was immensely talented but made a lot of mistakes
It will take a near-fllawess performance (avoid turnovers, control the football and the clock)--but these 'Supermen' from East Texas are very beatable
Sorry it ended the way it did--not surprised though as bad as this game was called (quite one-sided IMHO)