PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW (Quarterfinal): Snyder (11-2) vs. Vernon (12-1)

Pages : [1] 2

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Lets hear it!!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
hate to be so bold, but I say

Snyder 40
Vernon 28

grmfan93
12-01-2007, 08:28 PM
vernon by 3

KingRob
12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
It's going to be close. Shoot, maybe even overtime. I'm going with Vernon.

Vernon - 27
Snyder - 24

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Had a Graham fan tell me last night that Graham shoulda beat Vernon. That true?

Also had a Vernon Fan say they didn't want anything to do with Argyle. Makes me wonder.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Any insight where this one is going to be? Shotwell!! Shotwell!!:D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Any insight where this one is going to be? Shotwell!! Shotwell!!:D

I heard Shotwell Friday 7PM.

BobcatBenny
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Hope to see orange and maroon in Denton.

Such a lovely color combination.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
tonight was the first time I've seen Vernon Play this year. They look good, but I think they looked stronger last year. Argyle was really tuff last night.

Between the two I think Argyle looked better. And they held Will Clay to four TD's and 307 yds. Thats why I gotta go with the Tigers Next Week!!

WylieBulldog92
12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I'll take Snyder!

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Had a Graham fan tell me last night that Graham shoulda beat Vernon. That true?

Well, it WAS a Graham fan. Maybe they were a little biased. ;)

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, it WAS a Graham fan. Maybe they were a little biased. ;)

prolly true.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
tonight was the first time I've seen Vernon Play this year. They look good, but I think they looked stronger last year. Argyle was really tuff last night.

Between the two I think Argyle looked better. And they held Will Clay to four TD's and 307 yds. Thats why I gotta go with the Tigers Next Week!!

I agree with that, although it was hard to gauge Vernon against Seminole. Seminole's defense look good at times, but missed some tackles. The Indian offense wasn't pretty.

Argyle was good. After watching last night's game, it's hard to pick against the Tigers.

grmfan93
12-01-2007, 08:54 PM
graham prbably shoulda won...we shoulda had atleast 3 more touchdowns....but my props go to vernon, they are a very strong team but not as good as last year

mudcat
12-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
graham prbably shoulda won...we shoulda had atleast 3 more touchdowns....but my props go to vernon, they are a very strong team but not as good as last year

:thinking: :weeping: :crying: lol

runtherace
12-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I watched Snyder-Vernon last year, and have followed Snyder forever. From what I've seen of Vernon they aren'y as good as last year and Snyder is much better. Argyle was Snyder's big test with their passing game. I've not seen a running game as good as the tigers; don't believe another running team (next week anyway) can stick with them. The further the tigers go the more they are being validated. Friday in Shotwell will be no different. Snyder 40- Vernon 17.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by runtherace
I watched Snyder-Vernon last year, and have followed Snyder forever. From what I've seen of Vernon they aren'y as good as last year and Snyder is much better. Argyle was Snyder's big test with their passing game. I've not seen a running game as good as the tigers; don't believe another running team (next week anyway) can stick with them. The further the tigers go the more they are being validated. Friday in Shotwell will be no different. Snyder 40- Vernon 17.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Get It In Gear
12-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Snyder was beat late in the game last year. Vernon had some key losses due to graduation. They still have some great athletes. The Snyder kids are 1 year older amd wiser. Snyder by 3 TD's

Tromboneking
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Yes Graham should have beat Vernon. I was at the Snyder game last night...and as much as it pains me to admit this....Snyder is a GREAT team. I have seen them both now and here is my predicition:

Snyder 28
Vernon 21

charlesrixey
12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
so Vernon is 12-1 at this point and last year they were 8-5 with the same regular season schedule

looks to me like Vernon is at least as good as they were last year, if not as reliant on a single running back

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
After seeing Vernon and Seminole play tonight i'll take the Tigers for sure!

Snyder 40

Vernon 14

mchavez
12-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Man this looks very familiar. Oh yea ya'll all said vernon wasn't going to beat synder last year. Well unlike the snyder and graham fans i've seen vernon play more than once this year. Believe me vernon is a lot better than last year! The offense is a lot faster and the defense is a lot stronger! So go ahead and show your lion vs. tiger videos like last year, and we'll just beat you guys up and down the field like we did last year!

Vernon 24
Snyder 14

VWG
12-01-2007, 10:16 PM
IMO- Vernon has a better team than last year.
Their offense, led by Williams, is quicker and they can throw better this year. William Miller was a good QB, but D. Miller seems more accurate. O-line has some size and does a good job.
Vernon also has a really good kicker, kid named Schur. Has a good leg and can hit from 40-43 yards out.
Vernon has a weakness on defense. Middle LB's are undersized and can get pushed around. Clay and Snyder were able to run on Argyle because Argyle's defense isn't that big. Vernon's defense, which has two way starters such as Miller, Daniels, and Whiteside have more speed than Argyle.

Vernon 24
Snyder 16

Tiger Baseball
12-01-2007, 10:24 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
You don't like unbiased objective opinions? :confused:

Dominicfrank
12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I wanted Arglye so we could shut up those Graham posters who claim Graham should have beat Vernon which is a joke. Vernon is the one who left points on the field and had two or three TERRIBLE calls against them. Vernon is a very good team but they have a weakness and that is run defense which makes me VERY worried about Will Clay. Vernon does have a stud saftey but that means that Will has gone for 15 before he Williams gets him. I hope Snyder's defense can be just a litte worse and give up more points to a Vernon offense who does have more options.

Tiger Baseball
12-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You don't like unbiased objective opinions? :confused:

Maybe!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
so Vernon is 12-1 at this point and last year they were 8-5 with the same regular season schedule

looks to me like Vernon is at least as good as they were last year, if not as reliant on a single running back

Good point:thinking:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Their offense, led by Williams, is quicker and they can throw better this year. William Miller was a good QB, but D. Miller seems more accurate. O-line has some size and does a good job.
Vernon also has a really good kicker, kid named Schur. Has a good leg and can hit from 40-43 yards out.
Vernon has a weakness on defense. Middle LB's are undersized and can get pushed around. Clay and Snyder were able to run on Argyle because Argyle's defense isn't that big. Vernon's defense, which has two way starters such as Miller, Daniels, and Whiteside have more speed than Argyle.

Vernon 24
Snyder 16

You make good sense, and I think Vernon has certainly earned there spot. But holding Snyder to 16 points will be nothing short of amazing. If Vernon can do that then they'll win hands down. But I'll be shocked if the Tigers are stopped at 16. Furthermore, you probablly better put up more than 24 to beat the Tigers.

Dominicfrank
12-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Hate to say it but Vernon wins 45-35 or Snyder wins 45-35. My only hope is that Snyder absolutley can NOT throw the ball. If they have ZERO passing ability then Vernon can keep Willams and Daniels closer to the line and contain Clay, if they cant then we will have one of the scores i have listed. If they cant throw the ball then Vernon wins 38-21.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Hate to say it but Vernon wins 45-35 or Snyder wins 45-35. My only hope is that Snyder absolutley can NOT throw the ball. If they have ZERO passing ability then Vernon can keep Willams and Daniels closer to the line and contain Clay, if they cant then we will have one of the scores i have listed. If they cant throw the ball then Vernon wins 38-21.

You are absolutely right. The only problem is, Snyder can throw the ball. They just don't need to do it very often. And Will Clay is certainly a domonate weapon. But not the only weapon. It might be closer than some of think. Sounds like Vernon has no doubts. Thats why we play the game. Can't wait for this one!!

DaHop72
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Snyder has played a soft schedule this year. Will Clay is slow and only has the yards he has this year because defenders keep slipping down on the turf when they are fixing to tackle him. Will Clay is the only thing that Snyder has in their offense, it is nothing more than a one man show. Their offensive line is very small and very slow. Their defense is a bunch of short, squatty, slow kids who are lucky to get up and down the field. We have been very lucky to win a game this year because our coaches never have our kids prepared to play a game. We have been very lucky in spite of all this and have won a game or two. That is all.

:D :D

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Snyder has played a soft schedule this year. Will Clay is slow and only has the yards he has this year because defenders keep slipping down on the turf when they are fixing to tackle him. Will Clay is the only thing that Snyder has in their offense, it is nothing more than a one man show. Their offensive line is very small and very slow. Their defense is a bunch of short, squatty, slow kids who are lucky to get up and down the field. We have been very lucky to win a game this year because our coaches never have our kids prepared to play a game. We have been very lucky in spite of all this and have won a game or two. That is all.

:D :D

Where were you tonight "young" man?:thinking:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Yes Snyder is apparently over-rated. I guess we don't stand a chance against Vernon. Argyle played there JV against us. We probably should just forfit before we get imbarrased.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Snyder has played a soft schedule this year. Will Clay is slow and only has the yards he has this year because defenders keep slipping down on the turf when they are fixing to tackle him. Will Clay is the only thing that Snyder has in their offense, it is nothing more than a one man show. Their offensive line is very small and very slow. Their defense is a bunch of short, squatty, slow kids who are lucky to get up and down the field. We have been very lucky to win a game this year because our coaches never have our kids prepared to play a game. We have been very lucky in spite of all this and have won a game or two. That is all.:D :D

That sums it up well.....many have thought that thoughtout the season.:D

DaHop72
12-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes Snyder is apparently over-rated. I guess we don't stand a chance against Vernon. Argyle played there JV against us. We probably should just forfit before we get imbarrased. Oh yeah, I forgot about that, Snyder is a very overated Region I team.:devil: :devil:

DaHop72
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Where were you tonight "young" man?:thinking: About 15 of our friends have supper together once a month at a different house each month. Tonight was that night. :p

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, Snyder is a very overated Region I team.:devil: :devil:

If Snyder were undefeated at this point they would still be considered overated. They've just been lucky 11 times this year.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Man this looks very familiar. Oh yea ya'll all said vernon wasn't going to beat synder last year. Well unlike the snyder and graham fans i've seen vernon play more than once this year. Believe me vernon is a lot better than last year! The offense is a lot faster and the defense is a lot stronger! So go ahead and show your lion vs. tiger videos like last year, and we'll just beat you guys up and down the field like we did last year!

Vernon 24
Snyder 14

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh: :doh: :hand: :hand:

GreenMonster
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Such a lovely color combination. It will be in Wichita Falls this year if Vernon and Celina meet. Celina won the toss last year and got to play in Denton this year it will be Vernon's choice and they have Wichita Falls.

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh: :doh: :hand: :hand:

Where were you at halftime?

Tiger Baseball
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Its that one man show that is slow that confuses everyone.

Tiger Baseball
12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It will be in Wichita Falls this year if Vernon and Celina meet. Celina won the toss last year and got to play in Denton this year it will be Vernon's choice and they have Wichita Falls.

So!

DaHop72
12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Such a lovely color combination. BobcatBenny has spoken, Celina and Vernon in the semi-finals. We need to contact our coach and tell him there is no need to practice this week and plan to play this weekend. I guess it's time to break out the basketballs.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Vernon didn't even act like they were glad to be were they are tonight, just kind of stood around. Seminoles D contained Vernons O the first half of the game pretty dang well.

DaHop72
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Where were you at halftime? 325's new name is now No Show.:doh: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:33 PM
About 15 of our friends have supper together once a month at a different house each month. Tonight was that night. :p

I was hoping you might be at the game. I didn't see you sitting
with TB so I figured you had something else going.

Tiger Baseball
12-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Change your sig bigun

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Where were you at halftime?

I walked all the way over there and didn't see anyone but some kids on a golf cart under the scoreboard!

You might have been over there but I couldnt stay the whole half over there so I went back to my seat.

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2007, 11:36 PM
325's new name is now No Show.:doh: :doh:

Yeah, I know what a one man M&G feels like now. I need a
3Adownlow shirt. It was interesting listening to the two coaches
talk though.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I know what a one man M&G feels like now. I need a
3Adownlow shirt. It was interesting listening to the two coaches
talk though.

Next time you see this guy-->:cool: <-- you'll know its me.

Tiger Baseball
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Next time you see this guy-->:cool: <-- you'll know its me.

LMAO

gobbler grad
12-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Vernon wins in a classic...:thinking:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Vernon will keep it close for a little bit. Then Snyder Finishes strong

Snyder wins this one. "Just by luck of corse'

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
325's new name is now No Show.:doh: :doh:

I came to the scoreboard and all that was there was some kids on a golf cart! He might of been there but I didn't know what he looked like.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Well just so you know, Im getting a shirt made that says "SNYDER325TIGERS" then you guys will know its me!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-02-2007, 12:20 AM
:nerd:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-02-2007, 01:05 AM
It is almost hard for me to say this but Vernon did not play well tonight. Or at least their offense didn't. I know we scored 33 points but it should have been more than that. No disrespect, but Seminole was not that good. They did not have the athletes that Snyder has. Their defense kept our running game in check for most of the night. They also chased Williams our QB around quite a bit.

Our defense held Seminole to 3 first downs in the first half with the 1st one coming in the 2nd quarter. That was impressive. I know that the Indian offense is no where near as potent as Snyder's but Vernon's defense did an excellent job tonight.

Also for what it is worth, Graham had a good team this year but Vernon was better. If they had made it we would have beat them again. The game was played and Vernon beat Graham and since they are not playing us this week the who is better question was answered on the field.

As far as this game goes, Vernon is the reigning Region I champion. I also think that this years team is quicker and balanced. Last year we relied on Whiteside and he was all we had. He was awesome but we have a balanced attack this year. It will be a good game.

lakers
12-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Vernon has been on a roll lately.
Vernon by 10

Who-dun-it!!?
12-02-2007, 09:33 AM
I like the way this poll is going.. Looks like Snyder is the underdog once again. I wouldn't have it any other way. :cool:

TAMUGRAD
12-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Vernon in a close one.

VWG
12-02-2007, 11:10 AM
One thing to think about....
If I am not mistaken, the three teams that the Lions have beaten in the playoffs had a combined regular season record of 15-15.

lion75
12-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by VWG
One thing to think about....
If I am not mistaken, the three teams that the Lions have beaten in the playoffs had a combined regular season record of 15-15. And none of those teams have tested us. So how does that matter?( by the way, Vernon's record was 5-5 last year and we were Region 1 champs)

Who-dun-it!!?
12-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Vernon will hold Snyder to 14 or 16 points.
:thinking:

!!!NOT!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 03:21 PM

!!!NOT!!!

They won't stop won't stop our offense

IHStangFan
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I think Snyder will be a little too much. Snyder by 10.

Stownhorse
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Snyder by 21

GetRDoneStangs
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM

!!!NOT!!!

Per quarter...per half.....Maybe...

But surely not for the entire game!!!!

Snyders O-Line is very strong and they seem to wear teams out as the game goes on.

Snyder Defence did what it took to stop the Spread of Argyle...I think they will have what it takes to take out the Lions!

WTF-82
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
WILL CLAY - 28
VERNON - 21

SERIOUSLY I PICK SNYDER. I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO WIN REALLY CLAY IS THE DIFFRENCE THERE STAFF USES HIM IN A GREAT WAY WITH THE OPTION ATTACK OF DAY AND CLAY WHICH ARE THE HEART OF THIS OFFENSE THEY CONFUSE DEFENSES ALL GAME LONG ITS HARD ENOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST OPTION ADD A GOOD LINE AND GOOD QB AND STUD RB WITH EXPERIENCE AND STAFF THAT CALLS A GOOD GAME. WITH WHAT THEY HAVE MAKES IT HARD TO DEFEND SPECIALLY WITH UNDISCIPLINED KIDS ON DEFENSE YOU GOT TO MAKE SURE YOURE DEFENSE IS READY SO VERNON IF YOU WANT TO WIN CONTROL THE CLOCK BECAUSE IF YOU GIVE THE BALL TO SNYDER YOU PROBABLY WONT GET IT BACK THE SNYDER DEFENSE IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT YOU CAN MOVE THE BALL ON THEM I SAW MONAHANS MOVE THE BALL ALL GAME BUT WOULD TURN IT OVER ALOT ALSO. SO YOU BETTER BE READY VERNON OR CLAY WILL BREAK IT FOR 6. SNYDER IS PLAYING WITH LOTS OF CONFIDENCE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN THEM THE YEAR THEY MADE SEMIS THEY WERE VERY FORTUNATE THE BALL BOUNCED THERE WAY BUT THIS YEAR THEY ARE GOING AFTER IT EARNING IT YOU CAN STOP ONE MAN BUT THEY USE THE REST OF THE TEAM ENOUGH ON OFFENSE TO CONFUSE DEFENSES AND THEN AGAIN THERE IS CLAY FOR 6. THE FULL BACK RUNS HARD ALSO.

SNYDER WINS

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I just heard Snyder was the home team.

Does anyone know?

TheDOCTORdre
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
WILL CLAY - 28
VERNON - 21

SERIOUSLY I PICK SNYDER. I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO WIN REALLY CLAY IS THE DIFFRENCE THERE STAFF USES HIM IN A GREAT WAY WITH THE OPTION ATTACK OF DAY AND CLAY WHICH ARE THE HEART OF THIS OFFENSE THEY CONFUSE DEFENSES ALL GAME LONG ITS HARD ENOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST OPTION ADD A GOOD LINE AND GOOD QB AND STUD RB WITH EXPERIENCE AND STAFF THAT CALLS A GOOD GAME. WITH WHAT THEY HAVE MAKES IT HARD TO DEFEND SPECIALLY WITH UNDISCIPLINED KIDS ON DEFENSE YOU GOT TO MAKE SURE YOURE DEFENSE IS READY SO VERNON IF YOU WANT TO WIN CONTROL THE CLOCK BECAUSE IF YOU GIVE THE BALL TO SNYDER YOU PROBABLY WONT GET IT BACK THE SNYDER DEFENSE IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT YOU CAN MOVE THE BALL ON THEM I SAW MONAHANS MOVE THE BALL ALL GAME BUT WOULD TURN IT OVER ALOT ALSO. SO YOU BETTER BE READY VERNON OR CLAY WILL BREAK IT FOR 6. SNYDER IS PLAYING WITH LOTS OF CONFIDENCE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN THEM THE YEAR THEY MADE SEMIS THEY WERE VERY FORTUNATE THE BALL BOUNCED THERE WAY BUT THIS YEAR THEY ARE GOING AFTER IT EARNING IT YOU CAN STOP ONE MAN BUT THEY USE THE REST OF THE TEAM ENOUGH ON OFFENSE TO CONFUSE DEFENSES AND THEN AGAIN THERE IS CLAY FOR 6. THE FULL BACK RUNS HARD ALSO.

SNYDER WINS

With all that said I will say this...Will Clay is my boy!!

tigerfan69
12-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
With all that said I will say this...Will Clay is my boy!!

He only needs 333 more yards for 3,000 yards.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan69
He only needs 333 more yards for 3,000 yards.

I bet he makes 3,000 against Vernon

slpybear the bullfan
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
VERNON.

Dominicfrank
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I know Clay is a great runner but I have seen Vernon lose with the likes of Chedrick Ricks (Baylor), Bernard Scott(ACU, top RB in the country DII), Dexter Butler, Terrance Gains (OSU), etc...... Those teams all lost to teams that had a better balance and good defense. NOt saying that means Clay will not take Snyder past Vernon but great RB's in the past who are their teams only offense have been stopped pretty regularly this deep in the play offs before.

DaHop72
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Snyder_TigerFan
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
WILL CLAY - 28
VERNON - 21

SNYDER WINS

That was very tough to read, but overall, you summed it up pretty well. I too think this is a better team than the '04 team. The '04 defense might have been a little better, but this offense is much better. The defense has really played better than they did in the first 4 or 5 games. If Snyder keeps up their intensity and drive......look out.

mrescape43
12-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Vernon 24
Snyder 16

Clay has 2700 + yards so are you telling me that every team that we played had undersized defensive players?:rolleyes:

runtherace
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Just a thought, if Snyder does get by Vernon, they might very well have two more 1000 yard rushers this season in addition to Clay's 3000. Doesn't sound like a one-man show. It could be a very good offensive line, however.

Cameron Crazy
12-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Snyder has one guy on there team, Vernon has a full team that can hurt you on any play.

Look for Vernon to shut out Clay and Snyder will suffer.

mrescape43
12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Snyder has one guy on there team, Vernon has a full team that can hurt you on any play.

Look for Vernon to shut out Clay and Snyder will suffer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cameron Crazy
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but it's true.

mrescape43
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry, but it's true.

You are just a sore loser and it is showing badly!:rolleyes:

Cameron Crazy
12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
You are just a sore loser and it is showing badly!:rolleyes: haha sore loser?

If I was a sore loser, I would have bashed Argyle. No I did not and nor would I.

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
You are just a sore loser and it is showing badly!:rolleyes:

Very badly. :rolleyes:

DaHop72
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Look for Vernon to shut out Clay and Snyder will suffer. Hey Cameron Crazy, did you make the game Friday? You were suppose to be at the meet and greet. Did you pull a 325 on us??:thinking: If you were there you didn't pay attention or you would have seen that there was more than one player on the field for Snyder.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey Cameron Crazy, did you make the game Friday? You were suppose to be at the meet and greet. Did you pull a 325 on us??:thinking: If you were there you didn't pay attention or you would have seen that there was more than one player on the field for Snyder.:doh:

I saw Bobby Escabido (sp?) at the game Saturday. I hear his
name called all the time when listening to Snyder games. He
looks like he's 5'6" and 140 lbs. max. :D

DaHop72
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
looks like he's 5'6" and 140 lbs. max. :D He must have had 5 lb. weights in each pocket.:devil: :devil:

Snyder_TigerFan
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
looks like he's 5'6" and 140 lbs. max. :D

Nope, he's a little bigger than that....although he hasn't played much the last 2 games. He can be a playmaker. I expect to see him a little more in the next game (or at least I better).

Sweetwater Red
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
He must have had 5 lb. weights in each pocket.:devil: :devil:

:D

Do ya'll have another player nicknamed "baby D" or "baby something"?

He was standing in front of me at the ticket booth. He had a
letterman jacket on. He was pretty good sized but it was hard to
tell what position he might play.:thinking:

DaHop72
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
It is almost hard for me to say this but Vernon did not play well tonight. Or at least their offense didn't. I know we scored 33 points but it should have been more than that. No disrespect, but Seminole was not that good. They did not have the athletes that Snyder has. Their defense kept our running game in check for most of the night. They also chased Williams our QB around quite a bit.

Our defense held Seminole to 3 first downs in the first half with the 1st one coming in the 2nd quarter. That was impressive. I know that the Indian offense is no where near as potent as Snyder's but Vernon's defense did an excellent job tonight.

Also for what it is worth, Graham had a good team this year but Vernon was better. If they had made it we would have beat them again. The game was played and Vernon beat Graham and since they are not playing us this week the who is better question was answered on the field.

As far as this game goes, Vernon is the reigning Region I champion. I also think that this years team is quicker and balanced. Last year we relied on Whiteside and he was all we had. He was awesome but we have a balanced attack this year. It will be a good game. After watching the Tigers all year and watching the Lions against Graham I feel that for Vernon that they must control Will and on the flip side I feel that the Tigers must control Williams. I don't think that either team consist of a one man show. Due to the Tigers offense Will gets the majority of the carriers just as Whiteside did last year in Vernon's offense. I personally believe that the defense will be the key to the game for both teams as Vernon has problems with the running game and Snyder has a problem with the passing game. I believe that the defense that steps up and makes the stops will send their team to a Quarter-final berth.

Snydertigersrul
12-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Look for Vernon to shut out Clay and Snyder will suffer.

Sounds like the words from a sore loser, making excuses for losing, first to Vernon and then to Argyle. The weather conditions two weeks ago should have affected Argyle more in the spread, but they played like champions and found a way to win and advanced. Friday's game was one of the best that I've seen in a while between two great teams. Clay got 300 plus yards, but most of the credit goes to the guys in the trenches.

lion75
12-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Can someone give us that don't know a little info on the Snyder coaching staff. Do they have a lot of playoff experience? Were they there in 04? Seems like Vernon's get better and better into the playoffs at gameplanning and play calling.

Pmoney
12-02-2007, 10:09 PM
:D

Do ya'll have another player nicknamed "baby D" or "baby something"?

He was standing in front of me at the ticket booth. He had a
letterman jacket on. He was pretty good sized but it was hard to
tell what position he might play.:thinking:

yes he's our DT, a great one i must add esp. in the playoffs....and one more thing we have more then 1 playmaker heres a small list for ya: Offensive: Clay, Day, OFF. Line(they dont score the TDs but they do enough to make teams pay the price), Arrendale, Bollinger, Claxton, Escobedo, Knipe, Conner; Defensive: Bollinger, Conner, Hirt, DeLoera, Davis, Billingsley, Turner, Claxton, Rivera, Bryant, Garcia; Special Teams: Bollinger, Claxton, Conner, Rose, Rivera, Ferruzca, Robertson

My point is our team is full of playmakers, we have a full roster of athletes with unbelievable athletic abilty

force1
12-02-2007, 10:10 PM
offense wins games defense wins championships its going to depend which defense steps up the most

Snydertigersrul
12-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I know Clay is a great runner but I have seen Vernon lose with the likes of Chedrick Ricks (Baylor), Bernard Scott(ACU, top RB in the country DII), Dexter Butler, Terrance Gains (OSU), etc...... Those teams all lost to teams that had a better balance and good defense. NOt saying that means Clay will not take Snyder past Vernon but great RB's in the past who are their teams only offense have been stopped pretty regularly this deep in the play offs before.

I don't know I would be bragging because Baylor is the whipping boy every year in the big 12, ACU is Division II and Oklahoma State is just a little better than Baylor.

Snydertigersrul
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Can someone give us that don't know a little info on the Snyder coaching staff. Do they have a lot of playoff experience? Were they there in 04? Seems like Vernon's get better and better into the playoffs at gameplanning and play calling.

Most of the staff have been there since 2003 when Rogers was promoted. Going into Friday's game, they are 9-3 in the playoffs.

Snydertigersrul
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
yes he's our DT, a great one i must add esp. in the playoffs....and one more thing we have more then 1 playmaker heres a small list for ya: Offensive: Clay, Day, OFF. Line(they dont score the TDs but they do enough to make teams pay the price), Arrendale, Bollinger, Claxton, Escobedo, Knipe, Conner; Defensive: Bollinger, Conner, Hirt, DeLoera, Davis, Billingsley, Turner, Claxton, Rivera, Bryant, Garcia; Special Teams: Bollinger, Claxton, Conner, Rose, Rivera, Ferruzca, Robertson

My point is our team is full of playmakers, we have a full roster of athletes with unbelievable athletic abilty

He also comes from good bloodlines. His brother in 2004 was first team defensive end on the AP and state sportswriters all-state teams.

pero chato
12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I've picked Snyder in the first three rounds and have been accurate to 8 points. Round 4 Snyder wins by 6 possibly in overtime.

mrescape43
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Snyder takes this 42-28!

DukeNukem
12-02-2007, 10:37 PM
have seen both play early and late in the season. if snyder doesn't do anything stupid and keeps running their base stuff with about 75% to clay, 25% to day and arrendale, they will win by double digits. just my 2 cents

STANG RED
12-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Snyder should win this one, but I dont see it being nearly as high scoring as some of you. Vernon's one weakness is the center of the D line, and I think Snyder will (should) exploit it. It will make for slow time consuming drives though. If Snyder just plays patient and keeps getting those 5 and 6 yard gains that Vernon will give up going between the tackles, they will be fine. If Vernon then starts to stack the middle to stop it, then is the time to get outside and/or do a little play action. Vernons D is very fast and can contain the outside very well, so you have to suck them into the middle before any real success can be had on the outside. Another thing that Vernon's D does is sell out overpersuing plays to the outside. I think they are very suseptable to the occasional reverse or backside screen. Of course that takes a little offensive imagination, so we never tried it, but everytime we tried running a play to the outside I noticed the backside would be wide open for the picking, because nobody stayed home to guard against it. Then again with our typical offensive play calling, I'm sure they felt like they didnt need to. And of course they were right. Maybe they dont play that way against everybody idk.
Anyway, Good Luck Tiggers. I think you can do it.
Snyder 20
Vernon 17

garciap77
12-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Close one by Snyder! Less than 7!

DaHop72
12-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Close one by Snyder! Less than 7! All right garciap77, Snyder. I heard you got my message.:D :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-02-2007, 11:39 PM
I'll take Snyder by 21+ baised on what i've been told by numerous people and seeing them play Seminole.

Dominicfrank
12-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I don't know I would be bragging because Baylor is the whipping boy every year in the big 12, ACU is Division II and Oklahoma State is just a little better than Baylor. Fror a small 3A school any DI players to play means a lot. We are not Gilmer of this year but where is Will Clay going? Didnt think so, my point is made again.

Dominicfrank
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
odd that almost every post has a Snyder winning but Vernon has a good lead on the poll. Smart, Vernon will win.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by VWG
IMO- Clay and Snyder were able to run on Argyle because Argyle's defense isn't that big.

Wrong!!

Clay and Snyder were able to run on Argyle because they put 10 men in the box and got blown out by a dominate Offensive line. Clay is strong and when he is met in the defensive backfield he has a habbit of going through people without missing a step. Argyle was a great team, and that one could have gone either way. Clay only had 307 yds against them but had a few big runs called back due to penalties. He'll have another big game against Vernon. And our pass defense? They got it done against Argyle. And Argyle is by far a better passing team than Vernon. This one belongs to the Tigers.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Wrong!!

Clay and Snyder were able to run on Argyle because they put 10 men in the box and got blown out by a dominate Offensive line. Clay is strong and when he is met in the defensive backfield he has a habbit of going through people without missing a step. Argyle was a great team, and that one could have gone either way. Clay only had 307 yds against them but had a few big runs called back due to penalties. He'll have another big game against Vernon. And our pass defense? They got it done against Argyle. And Argyle is by far a better passing team than Vernon. This one belongs to the Tigers.

Perfectly said!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder 47

Vernon 17
Final

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2007, 09:31 AM
I look forward to a some great competition. I ran into Clay and a few Snyder players at the Vernon game. They were all very respectful and I expect nothing less than a great hard fought game. I'm so excited about this game.

Our defense really picked it up against Seminole. In particular our run defense. I will be excited to see how we do against Will and company. What a challenge we have ahead.

I know how the Snyder fans feel, after last year watching Vernon's Whiteside just run all over people. It was so much fun to watch and see how he would do. The games where so much fun to watch. Celina did a great job of stopping him last year. I think he still had over 100 yards in our loss though. The same thing can be said about Chedrick Ricks and Bernard Scott. It was so much fun to go and watch these guys play football. They were very talented and gave every team they played fits. I expect that Will Clay will do the same with the Lions. What a challenge we face to stop him.

Many people have stated that they think the Snyder team is better than last years team. I also know that this Vernon team is better. Our offense is much better with a solid offensive line and great QB play as well as the ability to throw the ball.

We had a great TD catch in the South end zone. If any Vernon coaches are reading (Throw a fade to #81 anytime we are in the red zone) -- thought I had to get that out there!

Vernon has given up some rushing yards and with the caliber of rushing attack that Snyder has, I expect that we will give up some yards again. But we have not given up a lot of points. Bend but don't break. Count on a sack, penalty, tackle for loss to set back an offense. We have been successful at that this year.

Also our special teams play has been very good. Kicker is great and he also punts very well.

Again, I can't say this enough, I know that this will be a great game. I know the Snyder fans are pumped to go and watch the Will Clay show, I also know that the Lions are pumped up and are ready to go and watch the Lions show.

It will be a competitive game, no doubt about it. In my heart I feel like the Lions have what it takes to defeat Snyder and get a rematch with Celina should they win.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-03-2007, 09:51 AM
I look forward to a some great competition. I ran into Clay and a few Snyder players at the Vernon game. They were all very respectful and I expect nothing less than a great hard fought game. I'm so excited about this game.

Our defense really picked it up against Seminole. In particular our run defense. I will be excited to see how we do against Will and company. What a challenge we have ahead.

I know how the Snyder fans feel, after last year watching Vernon's Whiteside just run all over people. It was so much fun to watch and see how he would do. The games where so much fun to watch. Celina did a great job of stopping him last year. I think he still had over 100 yards in our loss though. The same thing can be said about Chedrick Ricks and Bernard Scott. It was so much fun to go and watch these guys play football. They were very talented and gave every team they played fits. I expect that Will Clay will do the same with the Lions. What a challenge we face to stop him.

Many people have stated that they think the Snyder team is better than last years team. I also know that this Vernon team is better. Our offense is much better with a solid offensive line and great QB play as well as the ability to throw the ball.

We had a great TD catch in the South end zone. If any Vernon coaches are reading (Throw a fade to #81 anytime we are in the red zone) -- thought I had to get that out there!

Vernon has given up some rushing yards and with the caliber of rushing attack that Snyder has, I expect that we will give up some yards again. But we have not given up a lot of points. Bend but don't break. Count on a sack, penalty, tackle for loss to set back an offense. We have been successful at that this year.

Also our special teams play has been very good. Kicker is great and he also punts very well.

Again, I can't say this enough, I know that this will be a great game. I know the Snyder fans are pumped to go and watch the Will Clay show, I also know that the Lions are pumped up and are ready to go and watch the Lions show.

It will be a competitive game, no doubt about it. In my heart I feel like the Lions have what it takes to defeat Snyder and get a rematch with Celina should they win.

I always enjoy reading your posts, but you should not interpret Snyder as just being the "Will Clay show". They are a solid team all around. The QB and FB can put up the yards and break tackles and score TDs just as easy. The Snyder O-line is a solid group who remind of last year's vernon line how they stay on their blocks. I'd be willing to bet that Will Clay will not be the only one to have a good game. If your line is weak in the middle like I am hearing, expect to see Arrendale have a great game....he's a great blocking back, but he's also a great runner.

Ranger Mom
12-03-2007, 09:51 AM
odd that almost every post has a Snyder winning but Vernon has a good lead on the poll. Smart, Vernon will win.

I don't find it odd at all. There are plenty of posters that don't have a clue one way or the other...they vote AGAINST Snyder every week, simply because they don't like some of the posters.

Thank goodness the game is played on the field and not on a message board. The poll count here doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Some vote on who they REALLY think will win, lots vote on who they WANT to win...huge difference!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't find it odd at all. There are plenty of posters that don't have a clue one way or the other...they vote AGAINST Snyder every week, simply because they don't like some of the posters.

Thank goodness the game is played on the field and not on a message board. The poll count here doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Some vote on who they REALLY think will win, lots vote on who they WANT to win...huge difference!!!

If the polls determined the winner of the games, I think Snyder would have lost all 3 playoff games.:D

Butkus
12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Ole Butkus see this being jus like las weeks game. Ifin tha lions can stop tha tigger runnin game and force them ta pass they will win by 10.

But ifin tha tiggers shut down tha lion qb they win by a couple a touchdown if ya no whut i mean.:devil:

SUPERMANN5107
12-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I don't know I would be bragging because Baylor is the whipping boy every year in the big 12, ACU is Division II and Oklahoma State is just a little better than Baylor.

Not any more. The Art Briles Era begins next year. Yea we'll still get beat but I bet we win more games.

SUPERMANN5107
12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Fror a small 3A school any DI players to play means a lot. We are not Gilmer of this year but where is Will Clay going? Didnt think so, my point is made again.

Oh I'm sure he'll be going somewhere. Dee Walker went to SMU having only been in Snyder for a year. He had a stellar year, but Will's is even better. And he's been playing varsity for 3 years now. He was honorable mention all-state last year, and I'm sure he'll be 1st team this year. IMO he's one of the best backs in the state, at any classification.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
Oh I'm sure he'll be going somewhere. Dee Walker went to SMU having only been in Snyder for a year. He had a stellar year, but Will's is even better. And he's been playing varsity for 3 years now. He was honorable mention all-state last year, and I'm sure he'll be 1st team this year. IMO he's one of the best backs in the state, at any classification.

With almost 3,000 yards and getting the exposure that he is, I bet he goes somewhere.

What the poster was saying is that Vernon has had some great backs. More than one and yet we only have 1 state championship.

It takes a team win more than just a great back. Not saying that Snyder doesn't put forth a team effort. This will be tested Friday night. Snyder may have it -- we will find out as I'm sure the Lions are ready for a challenge. Remember, they were last year when no one gave them a chance against Snyder.

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
With almost 3,000 yards and getting the exposure that he is, I bet he goes somewhere.

What the poster was saying is that Vernon has had some great backs. More than one and yet we only have 1 state championship.

It takes a team win more than just a great back. Not saying that Snyder doesn't put forth a team effort. This will be tested Friday night. Snyder may have it -- we will find out as I'm sure the Lions are ready for a challenge. Remember, they were last year when no one gave them a chance against Snyder. When people key on Will and do a good job of it then that is when snyder uses its other weapons. Lance(qb), and Chase(fb) are deadly and have had big plays all season. People watch us sometimes and see Will get 280 yards and think that is all we have. It isnt but we aint gonna stop pounding him until someone stops him. When they stop him then they get to take there crack on the other too. I say Snyder wins a close one. Vernon is very good, they too have more weapons than last year, and I think Coach Hall does a great job there.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
When people key on Will and do a good job of it then that is when snyder uses its other weapons. Lance(qb), and Chase(fb) are deadly and have had big plays all season. People watch us sometimes and see Will get 280 yards and think that is all we have. It isnt but we aint gonna stop pounding him until someone stops him. When they stop him then they get to take there crack on the other too. I say Snyder wins a close one. Vernon is very good, they too have more weapons than last year, and I think Coach Hall does a great job there.

I follow that same strategy. Do it until they stop it. I'm ready for a great game this weekend.

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 11:38 AM

Snyder 40

Vernon 14 Dude your posting with your heart and not your head. I dont think a Snyder/Vernon regional final is going to be a thirty point game. By the way we are the visitors.

HAN SING
12-03-2007, 11:41 AM
When people key on Will and do a good job of it then that is when snyder uses its other weapons. Lance(qb), and Chase(fb) are deadly and have had big plays all season. People watch us sometimes and see Will get 280 yards and think that is all we have. It isnt but we aint gonna stop pounding him until someone stops him. When they stop him then they get to take there crack on the other too. I say Snyder wins a close one. Vernon is very good, they too have more weapons than last year, and I think Coach Hall does a great job there. Hoss say law of averages on Will Clay , Arandale, and Day side. If averaging all over 8 yards per touch then something going good with all three weapons.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Hoss say law of averages on Will Clay , Arandale, and Day side. If averaging all over 8 yards per touch then something going good with all three weapons.

Same can be said of the tandum of Vernon backs. (Execpet for 3,000 yards).

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Hoss say law of averages on Will Clay , Arandale, and Day side. If averaging all over 8 yards per touch then something going good with all three weapons.

Not if one of these three were limping noticebly around the
bowl Saturday.:thinking:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 11:46 AM

It takes a team win more than just a great back. Not saying that Snyder doesn't put forth a team effort. This will be tested Friday night. Snyder may have it -- we will find out as I'm sure the Lions are ready for a challenge. Remember, they were last year when no one gave them a chance against Snyder.

I'm guilty!

I didn't give Vernon a chance to get past Sweetwater last year. Boy was I wrong. I feel like Vernon will stuff Will Clay on the first few plays and get a roar from there crowd. Then they'll be deflated as Will and the Tigers go Off!

Vernon must be a very good team, but I was not impressed in there last game. Sadly its made me a little overconfident. Just like I was last year. We know how that turned out. Being all I have to go on is seeing Vernon destroy Seminole, it puts me at a disadvantage in not truly knowing Vernon's capability. That and there record should indicate a good game.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 11:48 AM
If the polls determined the winner of the games, I think Snyder would have lost all 3 playoff games.:D

Wrong, they wouldn't have been in the playoffs at all.

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
bowl Saturday.:thinking: He will be fine.

HAN SING
12-03-2007, 11:59 AM
bowl Saturday.:thinking: Han was told that many of vernon coaches were seen limping after game saturday. Im sure they will be ready for this fridays game though:)

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm limping today, but I'm ready!!!!

SUPERMANN5107
12-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Perfectly said!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder 47

Vernon 17
Final

Snyder 40

Vernon 14

Whats with the different predictions???

Ranger Mom
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Whats with the different predictions???

LOL!! He does that ALL the time!!:doh:

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
He will be fine.

To be honest, I couldn't tell if he was limping or doing his
version of the J.J. Walker strut. Who knows with kids these
days.:D

SUPERMANN5107
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! He does that ALL the time!!:doh:

I know it lol. It gets on my nerves

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I know it lol. It gets on my nerves He has a thing for the numbers in the 40's.:D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I got on Google earth and I see two Shotwell Stadiums in Abilene. Which one are we going to? One is Shotwell Stadium. The other is P.E. Shotwell Stadium.

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 12:23 PM
To be honest, I couldn't tell if he was limping or doing his
version of the J.J. Walker strut. Who knows with kids these
days.:D Probably a little of both.

STANG RED
12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I got on Google earth and I see two Shotwell Stadiums in Abilene. Which one are we going to? One is Shotwell Stadium. The other is P.E. Shotwell Stadium.

They are one in the same.

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
He has a thing for the numbers in the 40's.:D Has 325 ever made a prediction for a close game, I can already see it Snyder in the state finals and 325 says Snyder 48 to 10.

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Has 325 ever made a prediction for a close game, I can already see it Snyder in the state finals and 325 says Snyder 48 to 10. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I believe you have the 325 character down to a fine art.:D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
They are one in the same.

Not according to the satilite photos?

One is further north of the other one. The one to the south is Bigger and more fancy. I assume thats the one.

SUPERMANN5107
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
LMAO. I wonder where he's at. He's usually on during school anyways I figured we'd hear from him

STANG RED
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM

One is further north of the other one. The one to the south is Bigger and more fancy. I assume thats the one.

Its on east south 11th, right next to the coliseum expo center and fair grounds. Just inside loop 322. very easy to get in and out of from the loop.
Lytle Land & Cattle is just down the street at the corner of ES 11th and Judge Ely Blvd. Best mesquite grilled steak in Abilene! But you better get there early!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-03-2007, 12:44 PM

The one to the south is the one. Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=shotwell+stadium,+abilene,+tx&ie=UTF8&ll=32.434563,-99.697344&spn=0.013746,0.028539&t=h&z=16&om=1) Very nice stadium. I didn't know the other one existed. Looks like it might be part of ACU.

STANG RED
12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
The one to the south is the one. Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=shotwell+stadium,+abilene,+tx&ie=UTF8&ll=32.434563,-99.697344&spn=0.013746,0.028539&t=h&z=16&om=1) Very nice stadium. I didn't know the other one existed. Looks like it might be part of ACU.

Yeah, the one at ACU really isnt even a true stadium. It's ACU's track field and where the football team practices. I didnt even realize it was also named Shotwell Stadium.:confused: That would be confusing to someone that doesnt know Abilene well.

Dominicfrank
12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, the one at ACU really isnt even a true stadium. It's ACU's track field and where the football team practices. I didnt even realize it was also named Shotwell Stadium.:confused: That would be confusing to someone that doesnt know Abilene well. HEy stang, who is the mustang guy on youtube with the glasses talking about Vernon and Sweetwater ? Is he on this board ?

STANG RED
12-03-2007, 01:13 PM
HEy stang, who is the mustang guy on youtube with the glasses talking about Vernon and Sweetwater ? Is he on this board ?
:thinking: I have no idea, I havnt seen it. Link?

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 01:19 PM
:thinking: I have no idea, I havnt seen it. Link?

PM coming.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks Now I know.

I'll be there.

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
PM coming. Me too.:D :D

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Me too.:D :D

It's sent.

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
It's sent. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Yeah, I know. This was probably the only time I was glad
youtube is blocked at work.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 02:21 PM
This poll is evening up. Looks like a few people think Snyder has a chance.

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
This poll is evening up. Looks like a few people think Snyder has a chance. Yeah 325 found a way to vote more than once. LOL

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
This will be a good game. Every team at this point "has a chance."

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
This will be a good game. Every team at this point "has a chance." Not Glen Rose. :devil: :devil:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
This will be a good game. Every team at this point "has a chance." :clap:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Not Glen Rose. :devil: :devil:

Not Wylie.:hand:

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Not Wylie.:hand: I would not put anything past Coach Sandifer and I mean anything.

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Not Glen Rose. :devil: :devil: By the way I like Mrs Claus better than Santa Claus. :D :D :D

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 02:49 PM
By the way I like Mrs Claus better than Santa Claus. :D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lion75
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Wrong!!

Argyle was a great team, and that one could have gone either way. Argyle was not a great team. I saw them play. They couldn't handle Bridgeport. They have a solid program and I respect them, but I wouldn't call them a great team.

SUPERMANN5107
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
By the way I like Mrs Claus better than Santa Claus. :D :D :D

What would Mrs. Hop say???:thinking: :devil: :D

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
What would Mrs. Hop say???:thinking: :devil: :D Nothing at all he is just showing his Christmas spirit.:)

tigerbyheart
12-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Argyle was not a great team. I saw them play. They couldn't handle Bridgeport. They have a solid program and I respect them, but I wouldn't call them a great team.

Maybe they were having an off game like the lions did against Clyde:thinking: :thinking:

You can't go by one game to judge how good a team is... If that was the case, I'd say Vernon was mediocre at best when they played Seminole, but I know better than to judge the lions based on that one game...:p

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Argyle was not a great team. I saw them play. They couldn't handle Bridgeport. They have a solid program and I respect them, but I wouldn't call them a great team.

:confused:

Are kidding me?
Wow thats news to me. Can you not be a great team with more than one loss? Argyle was a quality opponant. I think Vernon is a good quality opponant as well. But No doubt Argyle would have been a huge test for Vernon, as will Snyder.

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
What would Mrs. Hop say???:thinking: :devil: :D

Nothing at all he is just showing his Christmas spirit.:) Well there's your answer.:D :D

Who-dun-it!!?
I would not put anything past Coach Sandifer and I mean anything.

He is the man!

SUPERMANN5107
Nothing at all he is just showing his Christmas spirit.:)

Lol yea I know I'm givin him a hard time

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 03:07 PM
What would Mrs. Hop say???:thinking: :devil: :D Do you think it would bother her that I have her picture on here??:D :D

SUPERMANN5107
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Lol naw. If you were newly weds it might:D

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Several Snyder posters have made coments about how the Lions didn't look too good against Seminole. Lets see:

33-3

33 points seems to be a lot and 3 seems to be a little.

Vernon whipped Seminole by 30 points.

I hate to see what Vernon would have done to Seminole had they played well or been a better team.

This really blows me away.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
IMO, it's not that Vernon looked bad but more that Seminole was NOT a good team. It was hard to gauge Vernon against Seminole. I think Vernon should have been able to put up more than 33 on them - like 33 in the first half. But like you said, 33-3 is a whooping and Vernon's defense did contain Seminole very well. Should be a great game Friday, can't wait!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Several Snyder posters have made coments about how the Lions didn't look too good against Seminole. Lets see:

33-3

I hate to see what Vernon would have done to Seminole had they played well or been a better team.

It shouldn't, I think Vernon looked great against Seminole. But I think Vernon's JV would have looked pretty good against Seminole. I think what they are saying is that Seminole was no contest for Vernon. Argyle was a hugh test for Snyder. That being said Snyder vs. Seminole would have had a similar outcome. Vernon is no doubt ready for the Tigers. Snyder is no doubt ready for the Lions. My opinion, Argyle would have blown out Seminole as well. But Argyle and Seminole are now on the hardwood so that leaves us all to ponder the what-if's.

Someone said Vernon wanted Argyle to prove Graham was no fluke. I'd say Snyder vs Wylie would've been fun to see. Those games ain't gonna happen this year so we have to settle for each other.
Thats romantic, "we only have each other":cool:

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM

33-3

It's the same old story. Unless you look like the Mavericks or
Suns, no one gives you a chance. Vernon looks like the Spurs. It
seems to be working out for San Antonio.:thinking:

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 04:35 PM
It's the same old story. Unless you look like the Mavericks or
Suns, no one gives you a chance. Vernon looks like the Spurs. It
seems to be working out for San Antonio.:thinking: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
12-03-2007, 04:41 PM

I didn't put my thought into words very well. All I was trying to
say was Vernon's style isn't flashy but it is effective. Don't think
I was picking anyone. I'm not gonna do that unless I take a
quarter out of my pocket.:thumbsup:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I do agree with what you all are saying. Seminole was not lacking heart but they did lack talent and the coaching was the worst I have seen this year.

Do not go for it on forth and 2 or 3 against a team that you can't get a first down against. Especially on your end of the field!

Man that was bad.

tigerbyheart
12-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I do agree with what you all are saying. Seminole was not lacking heart but they did lack talent and the coaching was the worst I have seen this year.

Do not go for it on forth and 2 or 3 against a team that you can't get a first down against. Especially on your end of the field!

Man that was bad.

That is what I was thinking... I'm no coach, but wouldn't you want to make a team go the length of the field instead of 20 or 30 yards to score? :confused: :confused: I think their fans were not happy with the coaches....

sweetwater07
12-03-2007, 05:41 PM
as much as it hurts,

snyder will win this one......after watching vernon play against sweetwater....i don't think they are as strong as everyone thinks..and snyder just has too much for that vernon D to contain

Go Tigers...Get donkey stomped by Celina next week

:D :D :clap:

tigerbyheart
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
as much as it hurts,

snyder will win this one......after watching vernon play against sweetwater....i don't think they are as strong as everyone thinks..and snyder just has too much for that vernon D to contain

I think whoever wins between the Tigers and Lions, will give whoever (Celina or Glen Rose) :p a run for their money....:D

sweetwater07
12-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
I think whoever wins between the Tigers and Lions, will give whoever (Celina or Glen Rose) :p a run for their money....:D

i would love to see a Glen Rose/Snyder matchup.....but i don't see Glen Rose beating Celina

vlion75grad
12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Should be a good game, I have seen Celina play several games this year. They beat either team 20+

Daddy D 11
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
no body beats celina, but vernon does beat snyder :p

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-03-2007, 08:16 PM

Man that was bad.

Yuh that was retarded...I feel sorry for the Seminole players for having to listen to him.:eek:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
That is what I was thinking... I'm no coach, but wouldn't you want to make a team go the length of the field instead of 20 or 30 yards to score? :confused: :confused: I think their fans were not happy with the coaches....

That was no coaching error. They knew they were overmatched and if they were gonna beat Vernon, They'd have to have some lucky breaks. It didn't work out for them. But I don't think playin it safe would have worked out for them either.

garciap77
12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by mudcat
:thinking: :weeping: :crying: lol

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping::clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiger Baseball
12-03-2007, 08:50 PM
How many times did Seminole give Vernon a short field? 6 or 7 times??:doh:

mrescape43
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
as much as it hurts,

So which game "thump, thump, thump" is Swater in. Oh Yeah it is basketball! J/K :D :D

lion75
12-03-2007, 09:05 PM

Are kidding me?
Wow thats news to me. Can you not be a great team with more than one loss? Argyle was a quality opponant. I think Vernon is a good quality opponant as well. But No doubt Argyle would have been a huge test for Vernon, as will Snyder. I meant no disrespect to Argyle. I just don't use the word "great" that liberally. I'm not sure if we have a great team in our region at all. But it's possible.

lion75
12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by vlion75grad
Should be a good game, I have seen Celina play several games this year. They beat either team 20+ How many times you see Vernon and Snyder play this year?

garciap77
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Not Wylie.:hand:

Not SYNDER! or Snyder or Synder! or however you spell the Best the in the Nation!:D :D :D

Beat Vernon! OK! That is all I ask!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Maybe they were having an off game like the lions did against Clyde:thinking: :thinking:

You can't go by one game to judge how good a team is... If that was the case, I'd say Vernon was mediocre at best when they played Seminole, but I know better than to judge the lions based on that one game...:p

Now that makes sense!

buff4ever
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Snyder runs into a wall, great season comes to an end this week.

mrescape43
12-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Snyder runs into a wall, great season comes to an end this week. :dispntd:

DUKE22
12-03-2007, 09:59 PM
That was no coaching error. They knew they were overmatched and if they were gonna beat Vernon, They'd have to have some lucky breaks. It didn't work out for them. But I don't think playin it safe would have worked out for them either. The fake punt with a half yard to go was just silly. Why not just line up in a formation and go for it. The fourth and five on there own 25 was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. There was three minutes left and the wind was at there back. A JV kicker could have kicked it 35 yards. Seminoles punter could have put them on there own 30. It didnt work so its easy to dispute, hey if he makes it then it is a great call i guess.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Not SYNDER! or Snyder or Synder! or however you spell the Best the in the Nation!:D :D :D

Beat Vernon! OK! That is all I ask!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Deal!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 10:12 PM
I meant no disrespect to Argyle. I just don't use the word "great" that liberally. I'm not sure if we have a great team in our region at all. But it's possible.

I think a team with a lopsided record like Vernon with 1 loss, or Snyder and Argyle with 2. Celina with 0. And several others are great teams.

A 5-5 team is probably a good team if they had a quality schedule. But a team with 10+ wins, thats a great team. And yes I think Vernon is a great team.

garciap77
12-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Vernon wins in a classic...:thinking:

Wrong! Snyder wins in a classic!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

garciap77
12-03-2007, 10:26 PM

Why?:confused:

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
no body beats celina, but vernon does beat snyder :p Gee Deb, rundoe and now this one there is at least one or two in each town.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Why?:confused: Gee garciap77, it because Frankie said so.;)

garciap77
12-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Gee garciap77, it because Frankie said so.;)

Sorry! My bad. I wonder if the game should even be played, being that Panchito said so.......... Just kidding Frankie!:D :D :D

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Sorry! My bad. I wonder if the game should even be played, being that Panchito said so.......... Just kidding Frankie!:D :D :D Go to Frankie's profile and look at his post, it will give you a whole new perspective of high school football.:D :D :D :D

lion75
12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
I think a team with a lopsided record like Vernon with 1 loss, or Snyder and Argyle with 2. Celina with 0. And several others are great teams.

A 5-5 team is probably a good team if they had a quality schedule. But a team with 10+ wins, thats a great team. And yes I think Vernon is a great team. In 1990 Vernon was 16-0 and won the state championship by 21 points. THAT was a great team. Daingerfield, Southlake, and Sealy also had some that come to mind. There are others. That Vernon team faced 13-0 Childress in the Region 1 championship and had them down 41-6 at the half before calling off the dogs early in the 3rd qtr. They beat 14-0 Southlake in the semis and 15-0 Crockett in the finals. My point is that even a 13-0 quartefinalist will get blasted by a great team. Hopefully Vernon or Snyder wind up in that category, but argyle's 07' squad will not be classified as "great". (IMO)

DaHop72
12-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Hopefully Vernon or Snyder wind up in that category, but argyle's 07' squad will not be classified as "great". (IMO) But it was "great" to beat them.:devil: :devil:

lion75
12-03-2007, 10:54 PM
regardless of who wins, I'm pulling for Region 1 the rest of the way.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
In 1990 Vernon was 16-0 and won the state championship by 21 points. THAT was a great team. Daingerfield, Southlake, and Sealy also had some that come to mind. There are others. That Vernon team faced 13-0 Childress in the Region 1 championship and had them down 41-6 at the half before calling off the dogs early in the 3rd qtr. They beat 14-0 Southlake in the semis and 15-0 Crockett in the finals. My point is that even a 13-0 quartefinalist will get blasted by a great team. Hopefully Vernon or Snyder wind up in that category, but argyle's 07' squad will not be classified as "great". (IMO)

Thats a good point. But how bout a team with a so-so regular season record who overcomes the nay-sayers and goes deep into the playoffs like Vernon did last year. I think thats a great team. Do you have to win it all to be a great team? Jasper lost to Gilmer in 2004, but they were a great team.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-03-2007, 11:38 PM
This is gonna come down to a "Bill Clinton" type definition isn't it.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 12:06 AM
I meant no disrespect to Argyle. I just don't use the word "great" that liberally. I'm not sure if we have a great team in our region at all. But it's possible.

Yeah for sure!

Black_Magic
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Rocky IV Movie quote: Nicoli Koloff: Whatever he hits, he destroys.
http://www.snyder.esc14.net/applications/igallery/image_go.php?outVOU=$outVOU&ofolder=/web_disk/1-1/gallery-608&folder=/web_disk/1-1/gallery-608/preview&image=f6.jpg

Snyder_TigerFan
12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
HEy stang, who is the mustang guy on youtube with the glasses talking about Vernon and Sweetwater ? Is he on this board ?

Oh geez that was funny. A wee bit :crazy: . Even has a dog or cat name Tiger.:D

Sweetwater Red
12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Rocky IV Movie quote: Nicoli Koloff: Whatever he hits, he destroys.
http://www.snyder.esc14.net/applications/igallery/image_go.php?outVOU=$outVOU&ofolder=/web_disk/1-1/gallery-608&folder=/web_disk/1-1/gallery-608/preview&image=f6.jpg

You must have been watching the AMC channel lastnight?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh geez that was funny. A wee bit :crazy: . Even has a dog or cat name Tiger.:D
I'm still trying to figure out who Brittany is and who has been bothering her. :confused: :confused:

Black_Magic
12-04-2007, 01:27 PM
You must have been watching the AMC channel lastnight?:thinking:
http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/gallery/folder6/rocky06.jpg
YOU WILL LOSE...

keenoace
12-04-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.totalrocky.com/films/rockyiii/photos/mrt.jpg

"We're gonna torture them. We're gonna crucify them. Real bad"
Go Tigers!!!

Black_Magic
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes510/Rocky81.Jpeg you ait been hungry since you won that bellt!
They will kill ya ta death inside of three quarters!

DUKE22
12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
http://www.mutantreviewers.com/r4rocky4.jpg

I DONT NEED THIS!!!!1

fury900
12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
I just heard Snyder was the home team.

Does anyone know?

Vernon is the home team :D :D

Black_Magic
12-04-2007, 02:43 PM
http://i.1asphost.com/RockyFan/apollopic.JPG
ITS SHOW TIME!! ITS SHOW TIME!!!!!!!

Black_Magic
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Ill Break him in half like this!!!!
http://www.mutantreviewers.com/r3rocky4.jpg

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by fury900
Vernon is the home team :D :D

Yuh thats how we want it.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Snyder 48!!!!!!
Vernon 21!!!!!!

:nerd:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-04-2007, 08:15 PM
So sad...I will have to miss this game. I have a meeting at work @ 4:00 in Lawton, Oklahoma...this sucks.

Dang educators a meeting at freaking 4 on a FRIDAY no less!!!!!!!

Man this is terrible. The silver lining is that I will be able to make it back to Vernon before kickoff and catch it on the radio.

:(

TigerPride
12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
So sad...I will have to miss this game. I have a meeting at work @ 4:00 in Lawton, Oklahoma...this sucks.

Man this is terrible. The silver lining is that I will be able to make it back to Vernon before kickoff and catch it on the radio.

look at it this way, it saves you a looooooong ride home.TIGERS 35 vernon 21

Cameron Crazy
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
look at it this way, it saves you a looooooong ride home.TIGERS 35 vernon 21 Ha.Ha.
Clay will not be running all over vernon, they have more speed than Snyder.

Good luck catching vernons Qb.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Now Z they've been teaching this phrase in school since I was a kid

"Just Say No!"

DaHop72
12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Ha.Ha.
Clay will not be running all over vernon, they have more speed than Snyder.

Good luck catching vernons Qb. Hey Cameron Crazy, have you seen the Tigers play this year to know this or are you justing believing stuff you read?:thinking:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Cameron Crazy, If Vernon's QB plays like he did against Seminole Snyder won't have one problem stopping him. That #29, I think it was....anyways he's a wide reciever, now he was a playmaker or it seemed that way. Vernon won't be no walk in the park but I think the tigers will win by 14 or so.

bigron15
12-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Hey Cameron Crazy, have you seen the Tigers play this year to know this or are you justing believing stuff you read?:thinking:

he was at the snyder-argyle game

garciap77
12-05-2007, 08:58 AM

You ever heard of calling in sick?
Come on you can do it no one will tell!:devil: :devil: :devil:

P.S. Dress up as a Snyder Fan and no one will recognize!:D :D :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I know, I know, you guys are not telling me anything that I don't or haven't thought of already. I really do have a job (I'm a college professor) and we have our program evaluation to give to the Dean, Vice President as well as our academic standards fellow. We are doing a PowerPoint presentation of all the data that we have collected to show that students actually do learn. All six members of our department are involved, so even if I was sick I would still have to come in. So it sucks.

If we do lose like TigerPride said, it would save me a long drive home. But I'm hoping for a win as I would like to see the Lions play again next week! My daughter is a senior so this could be the last game that I get to see (I'm moving during the summer -- so I don't know when it will be that I get to see a Lions game again) :( :(

So the Lions will have to do it without me. I know this will be such a great game...last years game was tough and I don't expect anything less this year.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Not that it is any of my business...but where are you moving to??

Black_Magic
12-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Butkus red and curly are comming but I wonder if they are bringing thier relatives too?
http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_tv/bhb_002.jpeg

TigerPride
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Butkus red and curly are comming but I wonder if they are bringing thier relatives too?
http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_tv/bhb_002.jpeg

is that ranger mom holding the shotgun???

garciap77
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
is that ranger mom holding the shotgun???

lion75
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Cameron Crazy, If Vernon's QB plays like he did against Seminole Snyder won't have one problem stopping him. That #29, I think it was....anyways he's a wide reciever, now he was a playmaker or it seemed that way. Vernon won't be no walk in the park but I think the tigers will win by 14 or so. No one, it seems has been impressed with Vernon or their QB that much this year until after they play them, and even afterwards many people say "They didn't look that good." KTA was so unimpressed after seeing Vernon play, that he risked his existance on this board that they couldn't possibly beat Graham, who was rolling at the time. Even though Williams scored all three TDs in the 25-7 victory over Sweetwater, Stownhorse said he was unimpressed. One reason for this, I believe is that Vernon has historically ran their most basic stuff to start a game and if they feel like things are going OK, they stay vanilla. It can be boring and unimpressive, but, If they find themselves in a battle like they did against Graham, then they break out the good stuff. Against Sweetwater at the most crucial part of the game. on 3rd and 7 after Sweetwater had pulled within a TD, you saw some more of what you saw at Graham. Just because you don't see it against Seminole doesn't mean we're not working on it it practice and that it doesn't exist. Vernon may or may not win this week, but I predict that you will be more impressed with them than you were before.

DUKE22
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
No one, it seems has been impressed with Vernon or their QB that much this year until after they play them, and even afterwards many people say "They didn't look that good." KTA was so unimpressed after seeing Vernon play, that he risked his existance on this board that they couldn't possibly beat Graham, who was rolling at the time. Even though Williams scored all three TDs in the 25-7 victory over Sweetwater, Stownhorse said he was unimpressed. One reason for this, I believe is that Vernon has historically ran their most basic stuff to start a game and if they feel like things are going OK, they stay vanilla. It can be boring and unimpressive, but, If they find themselves in a battle like they did against Graham, then they break out the good stuff. Against Sweetwater at the most crucial part of the game. on 3rd and 7 after Sweetwater had pulled within a TD, you saw some more of what you saw at Graham. Just because you don't see it against Seminole doesn't mean we're not working on it it practice and that it doesn't exist. Vernon may or may not win this week, but I predict that you will be more impressed with them than you were before. I think Vernons QB is pretty good, and yes I have seen him more than once. His athletic, fast, and throws on the run well which is good considering most of there passes are sprint outs or bootlegs. Maybe people thought that last years QB was better I dont know, but I think he is the real deal.

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM
No one, it seems has been impressed with Vernon or their QB that much this year until after they play them, and even afterwards many people say "They didn't look that good." KTA was so unimpressed after seeing Vernon play, that he risked his existance on this board that they couldn't possibly beat Graham, who was rolling at the time. Even though Williams scored all three TDs in the 25-7 victory over Sweetwater, Stownhorse said he was unimpressed. One reason for this, I believe is that Vernon has historically ran their most basic stuff to start a game and if they feel like things are going OK, they stay vanilla. It can be boring and unimpressive, but, If they find themselves in a battle like they did against Graham, then they break out the good stuff. Against Sweetwater at the most crucial part of the game. on 3rd and 7 after Sweetwater had pulled within a TD, you saw some more of what you saw at Graham. Just because you don't see it against Seminole doesn't mean we're not working on it it practice and that it doesn't exist. Vernon may or may not win this week, but I predict that you will be more impressed with them than you were before.

He impressed me with one play. Talk about a momentum killer.:(

lion75
12-05-2007, 04:14 PM
He impressed me with one play. Talk about a momentum killer.:( I think you're talking about the 60 yd TD pass to "29" on 3rd and 7

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I think you're talking about the 60 yd TD pass to "29" on 3rd and 7

That would be it. I tried to size him up when he walked past me
under the scoreboard at the Mustang Bowl. It's hard to tell
when they're in full pads. Hell, the TE looked 6'8" with cleats
and a helmet on when he walked by.

lion75
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
That would be it. I tried to size him up when he walked past me
under the scoreboard at the Mustang Bowl. It's hard to tell
when they're in full pads. Hell, the TE looked 6'8" with cleats
and a helmet on when he walked by. That tight end might be taller than his listed height of 6'3". Snyder better have some tall DBs.

Mustangpride09
12-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Vernon by 32.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Vernon by 32.

Argyle by 21.

Monahans by 62.
The one time you do pick Snyder, I'm going to worry.:rolleyes:

DaHop72
12-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I think Vernons QB is pretty good, and yes I have seen him more than once. His athletic, fast, and throws on the run well which is good considering most of there passes are sprint outs or bootlegs. Maybe people thought that last years QB was better I dont know, but I think he is the real deal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree Duke, I saw the Lions against the Steers and that is the QB I saw play as well.

DaHop72
12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
he was at the snyder-argyle game He was suppose to be and he was suppose to come to the meet and greet. So, was it him that 325 was with at the half and could break loose to leave.:thinking: :thinking:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-06-2007, 01:20 AM
The one time you do pick Snyder, I'm going to worry.:rolleyes:

LOL, kno matter who Snyder plays he always picks us to loose.

RedWhiteBlue
12-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I haven't been on in a while- but I do want to wish our district cohorts from the north luck. Play well and I know you will represent our district well and make us proud!!!
GO VERNON!! Beat those "Snotter Tigers" as my 6 year old calls them!
I'm out........

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
From the Abilene Reporter News

Snyder (11-2) vs. Vernon (12-1), Class 3A Division II Region I Final, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Shotwell Stadium -- This is a dangerous game for Snyder, which must keep Vernon's wing-T offense from chewing the clock to pieces.

The Tigers and coach Chad Rogers want possessions -- as many as they can get -- to give record setting-tailback Will Clay the 25-30 touches he's accustomed to. To do that, Snyder must get the football away from the Lions, who have played "keep away" well enough to bury eight straight opponents, including a 17-10 win over Graham on Nov. 2

I'll tell you another thing: Vernon coach Keith Hall has a keen eye for spotting where to attack a defense, and is well-known in coaching circles for his ability to make effective halftime adjustments. The Lions usually find a way to grind the clock, making every Snyder possession extremely important.

The Tigers have their work cut out for them here. But Snyder's big-play ability will be the difference in this matchup between two of the best-coached 3A teams in Texas.

Pick: Snyder by 3

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Interesting, If I were to pick a team by 3 it would be Vernon as the Lions have an awesome kicker.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Texas Football Prediction:

READ THIS VERNON PLAYERS

Snyder (11-2) vs. Vernon (12-1): Snyder RB Will Clay is building a legacy that's going to have the locals talking for a long, long time. Coming into last week's win over Argyle with over 2,400 yards and 34 touchdowns was one thing, but dropping 298 yards and four touchdowns in a one-possesion playoff game is the kind of stuff they build statues of people for. Let's look at it this way - at one point, Clay had 229 yards on five carries. Five carries. Pinch me. There is a silver lining for Vernon - its defense was incredible last week, playing exceptionally well against a Seminole offense that had scored 49 the week before. The Lions weren't spectacular on offense but also didn't turn the ball over a single time, and when your defense plays like that and your offense doesn't cough up the ball, your going to win a ton of ball games ... just not this one, unfortunately. I think Will Clay continues to add to the resume and guides the Tigers to a 35-28 victory.