PDA

View Full Version : 6 man

fury900
11-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Vernon Northside 60 VS. Woodson 89 F

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2007, 02:08 AM
By any chance have you seen a Motley County/Follett score?

I thought it was funny/weird/whatever that the game was a Bivins Field in Amarillo. Isn't that a 5A stadium? :eek: :eek: Of course, I'm sure everyone from Matador except my parents was there. :D

TexasHSFootball
12-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
By any chance have you seen a Motley County/Follett score?

I thought it was funny/weird/whatever that the game was a Bivins Field in Amarillo. Isn't that a 5A stadium? :eek: :eek: Of course, I'm sure everyone from Matador except my parents was there. :D
Motley County 42 Follett 30 - Final

HippoBaseball05
12-01-2007, 02:59 PM
The son and I went to Lampasas to see this supposed 'game of the year' so far. A matchup between the #2 and #3 teams in the state didn't live up to the hype.

Calvert was ahead 20-8 almost midway through the first quarter and then the roof fell in. Richland Springs ran off 46 points in a row to lead 54-20 at the half.

I got to see Richland's QB Tyler Etheridge as a Freshman win state. I remember saying that kid is going to shatter every record in six man if he stays healthy. Now as a Senior he is loking for his third title in four years and is even more impressive.

I just wonder if he will be able to be taken seriously at the next level coming out of a six-man school.

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Motley Co & Jayton will play next. The Matadors have already defeated the Jaybirds earlier in the season, 90-45. If they prevail again, we will probably try to make the state game, if we have no conflicts. There are some kids of kids my mom taught playing.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Is Robert Lee Still Alive?

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Is Robert Lee Still Alive?
I'll check. I don't think they're in the DII brackets.

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry, they're not. Here were the scores from games this weekend.

Division I
Rankin 50 Grady 29
Rule 59 Valley 14
Richland Springs 76 Calvert 26
Trinidad 69 Abbott 24

Division II
Jayton 56 Sanderson 8
Motley County 42 Follett 30
Gustine 67 Zephyr 56
Woodson 89 Northside 60

zebrablue2
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
The son and I went to Lampasas to see this supposed 'game of the year' so far. A matchup between the #2 and #3 teams in the state didn't live up to the hype.

Calvert was ahead 20-8 almost midway through the first quarter and then the roof fell in. Richland Springs ran off 46 points in a row to lead 54-20 at the half.

I got to see Richland's QB Tyler Etheridge as a Freshman win state. I remember saying that kid is going to shatter every record in six man if he stays healthy. Now as a Senior he is loking for his third title in four years and is even more impressive.

I just wonder if he will be able to be taken seriously at the next level coming out of a six-man school.

Richland Springs must be the best team in the state. I worked a Calvert game this year and they looked to be the real deal. They were loaded with speed. This score floors me. I predict Richland to win it all.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sorry, they're not. Here were the scores from games this weekend.

Division I
Rankin 50 Grady 29
Rule 59 Valley 14
Richland Springs 76 Calvert 26
Trinidad 69 Abbott 24

Division II
Jayton 56 Sanderson 8
Motley County 42 Follett 30
Gustine 67 Zephyr 56
Woodson 89 Northside 60

thx!

HippoBaseball05
12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Richland Springs must be the best team in the state. I worked a Calvert game this year and they looked to be the real deal. They were loaded with speed. This score floors me. I predict Richland to win it all.

Personally I think they've had the best team the last four years including this one. Calvert has a ton of speed but are unidimensinonal. They have no passing game to speak of. PLus they have a tendency to be undisciplined on 'D' when they meet a good offensive squad.

When they were ahead last night, they had returned a KO for a TD and broke two long runs for TD's. Springs adjusted and stuffed them three times on 4th and less than 5 yards during that 46 point run to end the half.

Etheridge is a stud. Not tall, but quick, good arm, makes good decisions and read 'D's on the fly very well.

I think it will be a rematch between Richland and #1 Rule for the D1 championship like last year.

Big Papa
12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Personally I think they've had the best team the last four years including this one. Calvert has a ton of speed but are unidimensinonal. They have no passing game to speak of. PLus they have a tendency to be undisciplined on 'D' when they meet a good offensive squad.

When they were ahead last night, they had returned a KO for a TD and broke two long runs for TD's. Springs adjusted and stuffed them three times on 4th and less than 5 yards during that 46 point run to end the half.

Etheridge is a stud. Not tall, but quick, good arm, makes good decisions and read 'D's on the fly very well.

I think it will be a rematch between Richland and #1 Rule for the D1 championship like last year.

RS has had a very good team the last four years...but Throck in TEs soph year was a very good all around team...besides just hogue..

i think TE is athletic enough to make a team at the college level...hes great offensively but his dad has talked about his defense being one of his better strengths..

RS and Rule would be a good match up...i dont think rule is as strong as last year..or at least they havent looked as impressive so far...i played with Kade Kittley from rule in an all star game this summer at lubbock and Garden City...and that guy was a stud...undersized but hes running track at mcmurry this year..

oh and robert lee lost to ropes i think by 2 points...probably a game they shouldve won...i wasnt there but RL was talented and very fast this year