PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays

Adidas410s
11-30-2007, 02:32 PM
from the politically correct downlow!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

all kidding aside...hope all is well for my fellow DL'ers...and ROMies...and "ejected players"...and I guess I'll throw in LewP and the Chief too! :p :p :p

44INAROW
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Back at you Ad..

Since I am not known for being PC, I'll say

Remember the reason for the season :)

and thanks to the admin for making the site look "festive" :clap:

crzyjournalist03
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
We're having a gingerbread house building competition at work over the next two weeks that's supposed to build relationships within the company.

We were told that we're not allowed to use any figures or demonstrations of a religious nature, including manger scenes or Santa Claus. Couldn't quite figure out what's offensive to some people about Santa Claus...that's just kind of weird to me. They said that in order to be PC, you can't have Santa.

The great part of it all though is that we just had a meeting a few minutes ago where they were discussing next week's "Holiday" party that was referred to as a Christmas party many times, and they mentioned that there will be a Santa Claus for departments and children to get their pictures taken with.

So apparently, it's offensive if you have a Santa Claus as a part of your gingerbread house that you make for a "winter celebration", but it's ok to have a Santa Claus at the company sponsored "Holiday Party" on which the invite says "Company Christmas Party"...go figure...

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and thanks to the admin for making the site look "festive" :clap:

I find it offensive I think there should be a menorah at the top of
the page.:rolleyes:

Strictly a joke not meant to offend any one of the Jewish heritage.:thumbsup:

bhtrainer
11-30-2007, 04:25 PM
i did a christmas card contest and the winner got their card distributed to every employee in the district for xmas and mine got thrown out because it said merry christmas instead of happy holidays

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
i did a christmas card contest and the winner got their card distributed to every employee in the district for xmas and mine got thrown out because it said merry christmas instead of happy holidays

The big company party thrown by the company I work for is on
Halloween. One year the employee commitee that oversees this
party renamed it the Fall Festival. The owner didn't care for that
at all. He side it is the Halloween Party...period.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 04:47 PM
This banner offends me and my Jewish religion. I request that it say Happy Holidays.

crzyjournalist03
11-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
This banner offends me and my Jewish religion. I request that it say Happy Holidays.

You're lying...stop trying to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot. You're here by choice...if you're offended by an administrator or moderator's decision, you're free to leave this site and never return at any time.

KingRob
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
When I go out and shoot pool or throw darts, will you be on my side?

I like what you say!:clap: