PDA

View Full Version : Great Win by the Cowboys over Green Bay but

Phil C
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
they still have four more tough games to play. They can afford to lose one and still have home field advantage over Green Bay but if they lose two or more they will need a loss by the Packers for each additional one. It is a very tough ending. All the games will be on Fox except for Carolina which will be on NFL network again.
Check your local tv guide for game times. The games are as follows:

12 -9-07 Detroit at Detroit. This is dangerous since the game is in Detroit who played the Packers a good game. Also this is the last year of the Detroit curse. Roy Jefferson the Lion Receiver went to UT and he will be determined to look good against a Texas team. That increases the risk.

12-15-07 Philadelphia at Dallas. The Eagles just barely lost to the Patriots. Very scary indeed!

12-22-07 Dallas at Carolina. Remember Carolina went to the Super Bowl a few years ago. This is one that makes you want to jump in a cold creek tied to an anvil. :(

12-30-07 Washington at Dallas. The Redskins just barely lost to the Cowboys before and will be intent on getting this one. Scary times indeed.

So you can see we are in good positition but danger blooms and we must be careful.

bigron15
11-30-2007, 12:32 PM
dallas has to win the rest of their games because Green Bay has a weak schedule finishing up

Macarthur
11-30-2007, 12:32 PM
The Detroit game & Wash worry me. However, if we take care of business the Wash game will be meaningless.

kaorder1999
11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Maybe Green Bay will lose to Chicago again!

eagle40
11-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Dallas is actually 2 games ahead because of their record and the fact that they beat Green Bay head-to-head.

kaorder1999
11-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by eagle40
Dallas is actually 2 games ahead because of their record and the fact that they beat Green Bay head-to-head.

does it not make them a game and a half ahead of them? I thought that was how they did it in hoops...

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

12 -9-07 Detroit at Detroit. This is dangerous since the game is in Detroit who played the Packers a good game. Also this is the last year of the Detroit curse. Roy Jefferson the Lion Receiver went to UT and he will be determined to look good against a Texas team. That increases the risk.

For God sake man! It's Roy Williams (The REAL one I might add)!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Buccaneer
11-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
does it not make them a game and a half ahead of them? I thought that was how they did it in hoops...

They are one game ahead! But have the first tiebreaker advantage!

eagles_victory
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
They are one game ahead! But have the first tiebreaker advantage! they pretty much have a 2 game lead with the tiebreaker as eagle40 said

Bull's-eye
11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
they pretty much have a 2 game lead with the tiebreaker as eagle40 said

No, they have a 1 game with the tie breaker over GB. If Dallas loses 2 more games and GB went undefeated, the Packers would have the home field advantage. Dallas can clinch with 3 more wins, regardless of what happens with GB.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Game and a half.

Cowboys loss came to an AFC team

Green Bay's two losses came to NFC teams

Bull's-eye
11-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Game and a half.

Cowboys loss came to an AFC team

Green Bay's two losses came to NFC teams

Dallas is currently 11-1 and GB is 10-2, that gives the Cowboys a full 1 game lead. They do own the tie-breaker vs GB due to head-to-head and conference record. In all reality, it's like having a 1-1/2 game lead, but there couldn't be a 1-1/2 difference with the teams playing the same amount of games.

TexanAlum_06
11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I hope we take care of business the next 3 weeks so the washington game doesnt matter. Assuming the pack wins out which is likely I wouldnt feel very comfortable going into washington the last week with the home field advantage on the line. We rarely play well in washington. We just need to win out, leave no doubt and head into the playoffs with our current win streak and keep it going all the way until we meet up with the untouchables in the SB. That scenario would be just Peachy....

JJ7997
11-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
until we meet up with the untouchables in the SB.

And get blown out again. :D :D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Dallas is currently 11-1 and GB is 10-2, that gives the Cowboys a full 1 game lead. They do own the tie-breaker vs GB due to head-to-head and conference record. In all reality, it's like having a 1-1/2 game lead, but there couldn't be a 1-1/2 difference with the teams playing the same amount of games. the half game is if they finish a game tied. Roy Jefferson? :D , Detriot game is only game i see them maybe not playing at their best coming of the big win over GB. Last 3 i think they be pump to win those games.

OH....How 'bout them Cowboys !!!

Buccaneer
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Last game is AT Washington

Phil C
11-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Last game is AT Washington

Right you are Buccaneer and thank you for the correction. That makes very scary indeed.

Bull's-eye
12-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
the half game is if they finish a game tied.

Forgot about the tie games, but there hasn't been one since week 10 of 2002 and only 3 since 1990. With sudden death overtime and the 2 point conversion (adopted in 1994), the NFL has almost eliminated the ties. I stand corrected, a tie game could give you the 1-1/2 game difference, but Dallas is currently 11-1 and only 1 full game ahead of the 10-2 Packers.