PDA

View Full Version : I think if Farve does not get hurt

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2007, 12:11 AM
The Cowboys would have routed the Pack..he just had that old throw it up for grabs mentality tonight..Rodgers stuck to what the Pack do best

kepdawg
11-30-2007, 12:12 AM
I agree. On this night I think it worked out best for the Pack that Rodgers was in there.

AP Panther Fan
11-30-2007, 12:18 AM
What is it now...0-9...in Texas Stadium? It could be a mental thing....:evillol: :evillol:

No, actually I am sorry that he is hurt...hope he heals quickly.:)

zebrablue2
11-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The Cowboys would have routed the Pack..he just had that old throw it up for grabs mentality tonight..Rodgers stuck to what the Pack do best

agreed..

Adidas410s
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
What is scary is that a friend of mine that came out with us to watch the game last night...before the game starts we're all making a few predictions and one of his is that that Brett Favre's consecutive games started streak would end after this week.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 09:15 AM
true....favre sucks...i agree

Texasfootball2
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM

I think you are 100% right.:thumbsup:

Rabbit'93
11-30-2007, 09:33 AM
While I agree with you I can't seem to get past the bad calls that went the cowboys way. The strip that Al Harris had - and the pass interference call. Those could have changed the outcome.

I'm a cowboy diehard BTW.:D

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2007, 09:39 AM
QB controversy in Green Bay ?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
While I agree with you I can't seem to get past the bad calls that went the cowboys way. The strip that Al Harris had - and the pass interference call. Those could have changed the outcome.

yep..but GB also had a break when Ware was called for an offsides, when he was not that would have forced a punt, but they got a first down, and Grant scored a few plays later on the drive

The strip was not as bad a call as it looks, because the factor of was Owens forward progess stopped

The PI..while the actual call was iffy, the fact the defender when grabbing Miles slowed Miles up which created the chance for the legs to meet..If he does not grab him Miles and him IMO dont bump

pirate4state
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

Well all I have to say is it's about time we had some calls go our way!! :D :D ;)

RattlerDude
11-30-2007, 10:25 AM
I was really surprised. When Favre came out of the game, I thought the Packers were about to get killed. Aaron Rodgers played a very good game yesterday.

RattlerDude
11-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Is Favre's injury serious enough to keep him from starting next week's game?

pirate4state
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Is Favre's injury serious enough to keep him from starting next week's game?

Well not only did he get the helmet to that nerve in his forearm, but he separated his shoulder.

He has 10 days to rest, so I doubt he'll miss a game, but what do I know! :D

RattlerDude
11-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well not only did he get the helmet to that nerve in his forearm, but he separated his shoulder.

He has 10 days to rest, so I doubt he'll miss a game, but what do I know! :D

I just want him to keep this record going so Peyton Manning never catches it.

nobogey72
11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
How 'bout the arm on Rodgers? The ball explodes out of his hand. Not much touch yet. Threw his screens about 85 mph.

GreenMonster
11-30-2007, 11:12 AM

The PI..while the actual call was iffy, the fact the defender when grabbing Miles slowed Miles up which created the chance for the legs to meet..If he does not grab him Miles and him IMO dont bump The ref's both agreed that there was interference on the play, the grab not the trip. The question was about whether the ball was catchable or not.

g$$
11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
The ref's both agreed that there was interference on the play, the grab not the trip. The question was about whether the ball was catchable or not.

Agreed, put hand on him & caused the trip, plus he didn't play the ball. I still hate the NFL PI rule where the penalty results in 40-50 yds. 1st Q forward progress was a joke - that was a catch & fumble. Too quick on whistle. GB got a poor spot later too on 3rd down run.

As for Ware, that sure looked like offsides to me. He jumped the snap count trying to anticipate like all good pass rushers do. He got caught on that one.

No qb controversy in GB - Favre is the man & will be until he retires. He played poorly last night, no doubt, but it happens. He reverted back to old gunslinger days & forced some balls & kept trying to hit the big one. He will be back. Guy's a legend & deserving of status.

Adidas410s
11-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed, put hand on him & caused the trip, plus he didn't play the ball. I still hate the NFL PI rule where the penalty results in 40-50 yds. 1st Q forward progress was a joke - that was a catch & fumble. Too quick on whistle. GB got a poor spot later too on 3rd down run.

Kinda makes me wonder if the game was fixed??? :eek:

Just to throw it out there...the spread was Green Bay +7

Late in the 4th...they're down 10 so you know they need a FG and TD. They get what appears to be a first down past the 34 but get hosed BAD on the spot...it's ruled no gain...and then they have to kick a 52 yd FG to make it a 7 point game.

Now a few minutes later a PI is called on a long pass. IMO, Austin wasn't going to catch the ball on the run...MAYBE if he dives he can come up with the ball but at full speed that's a tough play to make. Yes the contact was there, but it's debatable as to if he would've caught it w/o contact. However, PI is called and that gives the Cows the ball 1st and goal.

Finally on 3rd down with under 2 minutes left...Barber runs for 2 yards and looks to have a first down. However, he's ruled a few inches short...and the Cowboys kick a FG for the final 37-27 score. If Barber had been given a first down...I think that Dallas would've taken 2 knees to run out the clock. There is no sense in punching in a TD and giving Green Bay the ball with 90 seconds and the opportunity to score. The Buffalo game showed Dallas what crazy things can happen at the end of a game.

I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin...

For the record I didn't place a wager on this game for either team.

Macarthur
11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I've seen several sights about Pack fans complaining.

That's a dangerous game because I can play that, too.

They need to realize that if TO hangs on to that easy TD, and we kick the FG instead of that ill-advised 4th & 1 to JJ, we would have hung 45 points on them last night!

What if Roy and Hamlin don't run into each other like the 3 Stooges on that TD run?

The PI call could have gone either way, but he did put his hands on the WR. The refs are probably going to call that 7 out of 10 times.

On the TO fumble, he and Harris were both out of bounds by the time TO lost the ball. IF you have TiVo, go back and look at it. Even if they gave it to Harris, he was out of bounds when he gained control of the ball.

See, if you go down that road, you could find a dozen plays each way that could change the course of the game.

The fact of the matter is the Cowboys made plays.

Adidas410s
11-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I've seen several sights about Pack fans complaining.

That's a dangerous game because I can play that, too.

They need to realize that if TO hangs on to that easy TD, and we kick the FG instead of that ill-advised 4th & 1 to JJ, we would have hung 45 points on them last night!

What if Roy and Hamlin don't run into each other like the 3 Stooges on that TD run?

The PI call could have gone either way, but he did put his hands on the WR. The refs are probably going to call that 7 out of 10 times.

On the TO fumble, he and Harris were both out of bounds by the time TO lost the ball. IF you have TiVo, go back and look at it. Even if they gave it to Harris, he was out of bounds when he gained control of the ball.

See, if you go down that road, you could find a dozen plays each way that could change the course of the game.

The fact of the matter is the Cowboys made plays.

When watching the TO/Harris play...it looks to me that Harris is still in bounds when the ball is in his hands. TO still had a hand on top of the ball but that's definitely not possession at that point. It's all subjective in a bunch of ways though.

The things I'm pointing out though are officiating decisions...not player actions. Also, even though I'm named after a Green Bay legendary OL guy...I was born and raised a Cows fan! ;)

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Also, even though I'm named after a Green Bay legendary OL guy

Your name is Gregg?:thinking: :D :devil:

Who-dun-it!!?
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
What is it now...0-9...in Texas Stadium? It could be a mental thing....:evillol: :evillol:

No, actually I am sorry that he is hurt...hope he heals quickly.:)

Yea me too. I live and die a Cowboy fan, but I sure like Farve.

Ya know Toby Keith wrote a song about him.

"Shoulda been a Cowboy!"

g$$
11-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Run Gregg Run! J/k

Macarthur
11-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
When watching the TO/Harris play...it looks to me that Harris is still in bounds when the ball is in his hands. TO still had a hand on top of the ball but that's definitely not possession at that point. It's all subjective in a bunch of ways though.

The things I'm pointing out though are officiating decisions...not player actions. Also, even though I'm named after a Green Bay legendary OL guy...I was born and raised a Cows fan! ;)

I've got it recorded so I'll go back and look at it. It didn't appear to me that Harris has possession in bounds so, at best, GB would have only gotten an incomplete pass on that challenge.

As to the PI call, when you get beat, you leave yourself in a very vulnerable position to either give up the TD or have that call. I truly believe the vast majority of the time, when a WR beats the DB like that, the WR is going to get that call. And make no mistake, Austin beat the DB on both of those.

And lets not forget, even without those PI calls, GB still hasn't covered a Dallas receiver. Those yards most likely would have just gone to Romo's total instead of penalty yardage.

bigron15
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
those calls are all judgement calls. judgement calls can go either way depending on that certain ref. either way you call it...it will be a bad call

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
I've got it recorded so I'll go back and look at it. It didn't appear to me that Harris has possession in bounds so, at best, GB would have only gotten an incomplete pass on that challenge.

As to the PI call, when you get beat, you leave yourself in a very vulnerable position to either give up the TD or have that call. I truly believe the vast majority of the time, when a WR beats the DB like that, the WR is going to get that call. And make no mistake, Austin beat the DB on both of those.

And lets not forget, even without those PI calls, GB still hasn't covered a Dallas receiver. Those yards most likely would have just gone to Romo's total instead of penalty yardage.

On the PI, Austin would have had to of made a hell of a catch even if he wasnt tripped because personally I think it was border-line uncatchable.

bigron15
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM

an ole rule of thumb.."if your beat....cheat!" i would rather give up the penalty yards and have a chance of a turnover the next play than give up the almost certain TD. TO's 'fumble' controversy....it was clearly a catch and IMO Harris was out of bounds when he gained posession.

g$$
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM

Harris had 1 foot in w/ possession, then was pushed out if I recall. By NFL rule, that could be a force-out. To me it was a catch & fumble. GB got hosed on that one.

Woodson being out definitely hurt the Pack. His replacement(s) couldn't cover a bed with a blanket.

bigron15
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
On the PI, Austin would have had to of made a hell of a catch even if he wasnt tripped because personally I think it was border-line uncatchable.

but the catch could have possibly been made right?

bigron15
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
nobody could keep up with a dallas reciever all night. even fasano got in on the TD's. Dallas just burned GB and Nick Harris all night

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
but the catch could have possibly been made right?

I didnt think so, because he only got tripped a step before the ball got there and the ball landed 5 yds. past Austins out-stretched arms.

Macarthur
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't know if he could have caught it or not, but don't forget, Austin has some serious jets. The dude can fly.

If you go back and look at that first PI, he was flying by the DB and it looked like Romo had overthrown him, but he was going to track that ball down for a TD. Would have been an amazing play.

g$$
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
nobody could keep up with a dallas reciever all night. even fasano got in on the TD's. Dallas just burned GB and Nick Harris all night

Al Harris!

Nick Harris plays for OU in secondary.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Sad part is Detroit's secondary is even worse.:(

Buccaneer
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sad part is Detroit's secondary is even worse.:(

Sadder part is Dallas secondary is worse than Detroit's.

11TARPON
11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Even when the Packers got within 3 points the outcome was never in doubt. The Packers couldn't stop Romo and the Cowboys. How many times did the Cowboys have to punt? TO when hearing the whistle could of let up on the play. ONe the interference call, the Cowboys would of probably scored a few plays later. It wasn't like that was the only big play for the Cowboys. Even with the gift TO gave the Packers on that sure TD, the Packers still lost by 10.

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Sadder part is Dallas secondary is worse than Detroit's.

:clap: :clap:

Too many Cowboys lovers up in here. I hate the Cowboys.

Buccaneer
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I love the Cowboys but I am an a realist. The pass defense is better with Newman and Henry back. Detroit will light them up! However the Cowboys are in a position to outscore them.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2007, 02:42 PM
I love the Cowboys but I am an a realist. The pass defense is better with Newman and Henry back. Detroit will light them up! However the Cowboys are in a position to outscore them.

Not if we can put a helmet on Romo's funny bone.:thinking: :D

piratebg
11-30-2007, 04:42 PM

It very could look like the Detroit/Philly game earlier in the season. That was a high scoring affair with very, very little defense if memory serves correct. Dallas should take it. After the way this game ended last year, I think they'll be looking to drop the Lions hard and fast.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
On the pass interference call I think the tripping wasn't the call for it. If you notice prior to the trip he put two hands on Austin. That by rule is PI in the league.

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
On the pass interference call I think the tripping wasn't the call for it. If you notice prior to the trip he put two hands on Austin. That by rule is PI in the league.

His hands didnt effect him any. He didnt hold him back.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 04:51 PM
His hands didnt effect him any. He didnt hold him back. Can't touch a receiver in the league past 5 yards ;)

If you played the game you know when your running full speed and someone grabs the back of your jersey it slows you down tremenously then he grabbed an arm.

By rule it is PI and if not PI then defensive holding.

JasperDog94
11-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Can't touch a receiver in the league past 5 yards ;)

If you played the game you know when your running full speed and someone grabs the back of your jersey it slows you down tremenously then he grabbed an arm.

By rule it is PI and if not PI then defensive holding. It's only defensive holding if the pass isn't in the air yet.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It's only defensive holding if the pass isn't in the air yet. Well then it's definately PI.

The media just needs something to whine about in the game since "the best team in the NFC" got beat. They can never give the Cowboys credit.

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Can't touch a receiver in the league past 5 yards ;)

By rule it is PI and if not PI then defensive holding.

1st, sweetwater never passed so I dont know. 2nd, he never grabbed hid jersey. 3rd, he tried to grab his arm but he slipped off. 4th, If you cant "touch" a reciever past 5 yds. there wpould be a penalty every frickin play. If you play in the secondary you woulf know what inside leverage is.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 05:01 PM
1st, sweetwater never passed so I dont know. 2nd, he never grabbed hid jersey. 3rd, he tried to grab his arm but he slipped off. 4th, If you cant "touch" a reciever past 5 yds. there wpould be a penalty every frickin play. If you play in the secondary you woulf know what inside leverage is. That's the rule dude. I don't make this stuff up.

He grabbed the back of Austin's jersey and then he grabbed the arm. Rewinded the play multiple times and watched.

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 05:04 PM
That's the rule dude. I don't make this stuff up.

He grabbed the back of Austin's jersey and then he grabbed the arm. Rewinded the play multiple times and watched.

Thats your opinion dude. Its a judgement call.

Old Tiger
11-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Thats your opinion dude. Its a judgement call. Well the referee's judgment agreed w/ mine so I'm right :)

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Well the referee's judgment agreed w/ mine so I'm right :)

Of course, you're always right Blue. I should never doubt you.

piratebg
11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
That's the rule dude. I don't make this stuff up.

He did. I saw it and rewinded it several times to prove my point to everyone else in my house. It was clear as day, but I didn't catch it until the replay.