PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker

Gobbla2001
11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Watching him at TTech, did you feel he'd be as successful as he is right now in the NFL?

I really didn't... I knew he had the heart and the work-ethic, just never saw him being successful in the NFL...

Just saw a stat on the NFL network that showed since 2006 Welker has compiled the 4th most All-Purpose yards in the NFL...

I know the guy has Brady chunkin' him the pig, but Welker works so hard to get open and after he gets the ball he is going 100 miles an hour...

By far the greatest thing to come out of Oklahoma since lepfan :D

Technoredneck
11-29-2007, 06:08 PM
No you weren't the only one to under-appreciate him, he did go undrafted.

kepdawg
11-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Who?

crzyjournalist03
11-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Who?

fantasy football's best sleeper pick this year.

Gobbla2001
11-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
No you weren't the only one to under-appreciate him, he did go undrafted.

didn't know that, though I did think he would have been drafted in the later rounds...

g$$
11-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I thought he would make a team as a PR/back-up WR. He had a great career at Tech. He has found his niche, is very quick, runs good routes, is relentless, & comes out of cuts better than anyone in football.

Leach offered him late in the recruiting period after a fine career in OK Private School League. He was set to walk-on at OU before Leach went to Tech (left OU as OC) & scooped him up. Good story all the way around.

Stownhorse
11-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I thought he would make a team as a PR/back-up WR. He had a great career at Tech. He has found his niche, is very quick, runs good routes, is relentless, & comes out of cuts better than anyone in football.

Leach offered him late in the recruiting period after a fine career in OK Private School League. He was set to walk-on at OU before Leach went to Tech (left OU as OC) & scooped him up. Good story all the way around.

How do you know so much?

Old Tiger
11-29-2007, 06:46 PM
I figured a decent 4 on a team and definately a good return man.

g$$
11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
How do you know so much?

Read, listen, & try to stay informed. I sure don't know it all, but I know enough! I have always been that way going back to playing days & now too.

29-3aFAN
11-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Watching him at TTech, did you feel he'd be as successful as he is right now in the NFL?

I really didn't... I knew he had the heart and the work-ethic, just never saw him being successful in the NFL...

Just saw a stat on the NFL network that showed since 2006 Welker has compiled the 4th most All-Purpose yards in the NFL...

I know the guy has Brady chunkin' him the pig, but Welker works so hard to get open and after he gets the ball he is going 100 miles an hour...

By far the greatest thing to come out of Oklahoma since lepfan :D

He kicked some field goals to for Miami when there kicker was hurt.

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

He's racked up some fantasy points for me. I'm sure the guys were all laughing when I drafted him. :D