PDA

View Full Version : Pre season rankings - Dave Campbell style

SWTdawg
06-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Picked up the magazine at 10:00 this morning to see what the old football guy had to say... BURNET is number 1. It finally comes out that Burnet will be not the hunters this year but the hunted. All I can say is here comes a great season for the Bulldogs

Oh yeah, here are the rankings...
1.Burnet
2.Everman
3.Marlin
4.Forney
5.Bellville
6.Jasper
7.Midland Greenwood
8.Decatur
9.Canyon
10.La Grange
11.Commerce
12.Daingerfield
13.Newton
14.Sweetwater
15.Longview Spring Hill
16.Altair Rice Consolidated
17.Snyder
18.Gainesville
19.Celina
20.Rusk
21.Ballinger
22.Yoakum
23.Fairfield
24.Gilmer
25.Crandall

Looks like a lot of fun, huh?

PS --- Burnet vs Marlin in the early season will be one for the books!!! eek!

SWTdawg
06-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Who out of these guys do you think can truly beat Burnet???

Just a question, I'm not bragging wink

PPHSfan
06-20-2003, 04:34 PM
SWTdawg:

Just a question, I'm not bragging wink I think Forney has a chance. :p

SWTdawg
06-20-2003, 04:43 PM
I think that would probably be a pretty good game if it ever happened. Burnet is returning 7 starters on offense and 7 starters on defense though, how about Forney. I just think that Burnet faired pretty well on just losing 8 starters, although they were very important starters. A lot of experience makes for a lot of W's.

3afan2K3
06-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SWTdawg:
want to hear the most annoying sound in the world??? Yes i do

<small>[ June 20, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Old Tiger
06-22-2003, 02:08 PM
SWTdawg:

Just a question, I'm not bragging wink I think Marlin could pull it out if anyone is to pull it out. They got a Junior RB that rushed for over 1400 yards and They have the DB's to cover shipley and read McGee. Their very quick in the skill positions also.

cunbed10
06-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Marlin has a good shot, but Burnet has special players, I witnesses the Jasper vs Burnet , the quarterback was injured and still playing and playing well, the receiver played hurt also, but this is what you call heart and they have it and Marlin vs Burnet should be a record book breaking game.

bulldawg89
06-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Yes Marlin was one of Burnets closest games last year... But we are talking about this year. Not ONE DB could cover Shipley last year, even when he was double teamed. And not one defensive linemen could ever get through the line fast enough to catch Mcgee. And then of course They played the last 2 play-off games injured. Shipley had a broken toe, and Mcgee had an really bad twisted knee, and DB's still could not stop them. If teams want to beat Burnet, they need to forget about those two guys; and im not saying this to be mean, but no one will ever stop Mcgee to Shipley.

Anyway i do wish Marlin the best of luck and i look forward to playing them again.

Shotgun73
06-23-2003, 11:46 AM
There is no doubt that Burnet will be as talented as any team in the state on offense. I feel like Burnet will be successful if they can replace four key players on defense. Burnet was blessed with two very good defensive ends, an outstanding safety, and an exceptional outside linebacker last year. I don't think that the question for Burnet will be if they can move the ball and score. I think that will happen against all competition. If Burnet can play at the same level defensively as they have for the last two years they will have a great chance.

Matthew328
06-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Not one DB could cover Shipley??? I thought Everman did a HECK of a job on Shipley...yes Burnets players were a bit hobbled..but Shipley looked pretty good to me...I watched him close in pregame and he didn't seem to bothered..now McGee was hurt pretty good..he didn't move well at all..

Shotgun73
06-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Matthew,
It was truly amazing that he was able to play at all. He was really in a lot of pain. I gained a lot of respect for him after watching him play. He is really a great competitor. He had to spend a couple of days in the hospital after the game and was not able to play basketball for a few weeks. I am sure that there are people that can cover Shipley, but not consistantly play after play. Everman did do a good job. They were an exceptional team with outstanding talent. I am sure that Shipley's talent will not be a secret to anybody this year. That could open up a lot of other options. Time will tell.